When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Lakeville, MN
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Lakeville
- Frank R Cardarelle Land Surveyor IncSummer and fall of 2017 was a crazy time to get outside work done. I had a fence installer lined up but needed a surveyor to find the property pins. Called 7 surveyors, Frank was one of two who called back and the most reasonably priced. He said I was 'on the list' but he was working several weeks out and to check back in a couple weeks. When I called back Frank had had an accident and was not working so the surveying was way behind, but his colleague Jeff found a date that fit my schedule and completed their work so my fence could be installed on time. This seems like a very lean operation but they delivered as promised
- Brandt Engineering & SurveyingI submitted a request on a Saturday to a few places, and figured I'd have to wait until Monday to get some quotes for the work. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call less than an hour later from Mike, who is a surveyor at Brandt Engineering and Surveying. Throughout the entire process, Mike was great - from the very first (prompt!) initial contact he was communicative, polite, and professional. He explained to me the possible range of prices the service might cost so I wouldn't be surprised. We planned on it happening on a few different occasions until we got one where there was good weather. He did the job perfectly. I very much appreciate this level of service and was happy to be interacting with a thoroughly courteous and competent professional
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESI spoke with a receptionist who said Mark was on another call. She took my contact information and address and Mark called me back within 10 minutes. I explained that we needed to know the property lines so we could put up a privacy fence due to difficult neighbors on one side. He had already pulled up our property information from the county website and explained what they do, how they do it and the cost. I explained that we were concerned that everything would be done properly in case the neighbors caused any problems when we put up the fence. He is clearly very experienced at what he does and put me at ease. We didn't even bother with another quote because we were so confident in him and felt the price was reasonable. The surveyors came out when Mark said they would and spent quite a bit of time measuring everything. Shortly after that, we got several large signed drawings of our property showing all of the structures, walkways, patios, existing fencing and property lines. A day or two later, the surveyors came out again to place the pins and stakes and give us a CD with the drawings. I was very impressed with the guys who came out the second time. They had to get into our neighbor's yard and I was sure the neighbors would either say no and/or harass them or us. I let the surveyor know that. I'm not sure what the surveyors said to the neighbor but they were able to do their job without any issues. We were very happy with the entire experience and will use them again should the need arise
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESCalled for an estimate and it was given the following day. When I contracted for service, they gave me a 2 week window, they actually showed up after a few days. I mentioned I needed the survey ASAP as we are working with an architect and we were on a tight schedule. They completed the survey and did a follow up to make a few corrections. Within a few days I had all the drawings and a disc with all the information I needed. I had an unusual landscaping which I am sure made it more of a challenge, didn't seem to cause them difficulty. They did a great job and had very good follow up. Email was a great way to communicate on the project, made it easy. Would recommend them
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESKemper & Associates were extremely helpful in illustrating and resolving an issue I was having with the border with one of my neighbor's properties. Upon calling they did indicate up front that they were busy and the survey would take 3 weeks to complete. However everyone I talked to was extremely responsive and answered all of my questions. Mark responded personally a couple times to let me know what days they would be out performing the survey. His team arrived right on schedule both times they had to survey the land. The plot plan was produced the day of the last visit from the survey team and was very detailed and well presented. They gave me many large format copies of the plot plan. Also they staked each of the corners with streamers with to mark the corner monuments. This made it easy to see exactly where the corners were and easier to discuss with the neighbors how to resolve our border issue
- Frank R Cardarelle Land Surveyor IncHad a wonderful experience. They couldn't find the two original posts in the back so put in two new stakes, taking time to get the correct positions. They even put in an extra marker where we will be putting up a fence half-way through our lot in order to assist us with the positioning. The two men were very nice, walked me through all of the markers and any concerns about the lot or things to look out for in putting up the fence. I appreciated this as well as the extra marker to help us with the fence line without charging extra. All of the work was done in about one hour
- Frank R Cardarelle Land Surveyor IncIt went very well. Frank explained what he was going to do at the beginning, asked whether I wanted to have markers at the borders of my lot and afterwards gave me information on what he had done. He was very friendly, courteous, professional and knowledgeable. Plus, I felt he asked a reasonable fee
- Frank R Cardarelle Land Surveyor IncThey showed up on time and sent about their work professionally and competently. They used current technology (GPS, Laser Transit, etc.) and fully met my expectations.
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESI found Kemper and Assoc on Angies list and called for an estimate. I spoke with Mark Kemper who immediately pulled up our lot on a database and gave me some details about it and what they would do. He was very knowledgable about what we would need for construction in Minneapolis and explained everything well. He estimated $1000, which was a few hundred dollars less than other estimates we had received. I call him a few day later to set it up and his team came out the next day to perform the survey. (Mark did say that during the spring and summer there is a longer wait for work to be done) In less than a week we had several drawings and a CD for our architect. They were fast, efficient and very nice to work with
- Frank R Cardarelle Land Surveyor IncWe talked to Frank on Monday and Jeff arrived on Thursday as scheduled. He was professional, walking around the lot with us first, describing what he would do and listening to descriptions of where our fence would be (I then went back inside because it was raining but Jeff kept right on working).Jeff found and marked all the property corners, including one that was about 18 inches down. He also put in additional nails/spikes where our fence will be close to the neighbor's.After he finished, Jeff walked around with us again, describing what he had done, and what the fence company would probably do based on his experiences with them. Great experience. Would recommend to anyone
Land Surveyors in Lakeville
- Business Description:Professional Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:I was simply looking for an educated opinion on potential sub-dividing a lot. I emailed the details of what I was looking to learn and got a response with appropriate info I was looking for free of charge.Bryan W.
- Business Description:5 EMPLOYEES, USES SUBS FOR SOME LAND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES, COST DETERMINED BY THE JOB, TRAVEL CHARGES APPLY.Recent Review:Never got a response. Over a month I emailed and called.Lisa M.
- Business Description:Thank you for your interest in Webb Surveying LLC. We are a professional land surveying company based in Wright County, Minnesota. Our surveying services are available in Wright County, Twin Cities and Statewide. Webb Surveying LLC offers a full range of land surveying services for both residential and commercial properties. Webb Surveying LLC personnel have over twenty years experience working on all types of surveys large and small. This experience includes working with many other professi..Recent Review:They surveyed the lot on time and at the agreed price. They used stakes to mark boundaries so we could see and refer to them. We haven't had many surveys done, so maybe the price is comparable to other providers, but $1100 seemed like a lotNORA D.
- Business Description:GJ Smith Excavators, has over 35 years of excavation experience in the Sherburne County area. We are a full service excavation company with many long established customer relationships. We offer a strong base of technical expertise along with uncompromising quality of service and competitive prices. We are experienced in both commercial and residential excavation work and have the equipment and materials to get the job done right the first time. Call today and see why we're the best Excavators
- Business Description:Your landscape is a reflection of you and the way you live. In order to make improvements to your surroundings, and in turn your lifestyle, the landscape team needs to approach your project through your eyes. We act with an intentional hand in shaping your surroundings. We ensure all aesthetic, ecological, and planning principles of landscape design are addressed in a sensitive and compelling manner. The collaboration between designer and homeowner is the key to a successful landscape de..Recent Review:It went very poorly. Have been remodeling home for past two years. Worst contractor dealt with yet. As my wife summed up the overall experience as "over priced and underwhelming". I mean what competent landscaper would put "sun necessary" sod under a group of trees. Ground One said they aren't responsible as they pointed out the low canopy at the start. Those trees have been there over 30 years. Also, I had to abandon their expensive underground gutter downspout solution as it required twice a year attention. My new solution requires attention every 5 years. I am just chalk up the bad experience to me not doing a more extensive job of reference fact checking. Needless to say, they won't be back for my more extensive backyard work this yearMichael G.
- Business Description:Serving the Minneapolis Metro area and all surrounding counties. Van Neste Surveying is owned by Travis W. Van Neste. Licensed in Minnesota (P.S. #44109) and Michigan (P.S. #46695), Travis has over 20 years experience helping people with the surveying portion of their projects. We provide free estimates, so give us a call with advice on your next project. Visit us on the web at www.vannestesurveying.coRecent Review:We found Mr. Van Neste to be polite, punctual and he delivered a high-quality product with a very short turnaround. I would definitely recommend Van Neste Surveying to others in the area. <br />Rachael S.
- Business Description:Since 1995, Sibley Surveyors, Inc. has proudly been serving the State of Minnesota with prompt, thorough, and efficient land surveying services for both residential and commercial clients at affordable rates. Sibley Surveyors, Inc. offers a complete range of land surveying solutions including plats, staking for road construction, building permit preparation, and MUCH more. We focus on quality of work and providing detail-oriented solutions. Call Sibley Surveyors, Inc. TODAY for all of you..
- Business Description:Greener Innovations specializes in lawn care, landscaping, snow removal as well as landscaping consultation. We have extensive experience in lawn care, grounds maintenance, as well as high quality landscaping. We offer competitive pricing and free bids. Greener Innovations caters to commercial as well as residential. We are fully licensed and insured with many years of experience. Greener Innovations is a company with great attention to detail and customer needs
- Business Description:We are a Construction company we do a lot of heavy equipment operations. But we focus on home improvement or home building. We strive to do the best job possible and our work speaks for its self. Our customers are always repeat customers, when you decide to hire us we take your project as something personal to us and promise satisfaction. Give us a call at "763-923-9266" or thru our email address "J.Burrington@live.com" you will be glad you didRecent Review:.Elizabeth H.
- Business Description:M&P Associates is a consulting firm owned and operated by experienced staff formerly of Metro Land Surveying and Engineering. Our approach is professional; from the initial site survey to the planning/engineering stage and right through construction administration. M&P Associates can provide the expertise and practical experience to get the job done right, on schedule, within budget parameters and with quality service. Our staff brings fresh ideas to projects, balanced with their knowledge an..Recent Review:Quality work and they marked the locations as requested.Thomas M.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
- Apple Valley
- Elko New Market
- Prior Lake
- Inver Grove Heights
- New Prague
- Mendota Heights
- Saint Paul Park
- South Saint Paul
- West Saint Paul
land surveyors in Lakeville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- JJH Homes529 glendale street
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- JJH Homes
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATES721 OLD HGWY 8 NW
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATES
- M & P Associates1440 Arcade St Ste I
Saint Paul, Minnesota
- M & P Associates
- Otto Associates, Engineers & Land Surveyors, Inc9 West Division St
- Otto Associates, Engineers & Land Surveyors, Inc
- Van Neste Surveying85 Wildhurst Road
- Van Neste Surveying
- Webb Surveying LLC201 Division St. W. Suite B
Maple Lake, Minnesota
- Webb Surveying LLC