Staying warm in the winter shouldn’t come with risks. Regular maintenance and some cautiousness will go a long way toward keeping your home safe. Follow a few safety tips to ensure your furnace doesn’t become a safety hazard for your family.
Get matched with top HVAC contractors in Harrington, ME
There are 7 highly-rated local hvac contractors.
Recent HVAC Companies Reviews in Harrington
- York Heating ServicesJoel and John did a fantastic job! They finished the job quickly, were very professional and friendly, and answered all our questions along the way. And our new basement base board is working great! We 100% recommend their services!
- JV Heat Pump ServicesEverything worked perfectly! All the installation was neatly done. It was all installed within the time frame quoted. He was very knowledgeable on the proper size heat pump that we needed and the best locations for them. He also was very good explaining how to operate them to obtain the most efficiency. We highly recommend his service
- York Heating ServicesVery well. I am very impressed with the work and professional attitude of York Heating Services. I will always reach out to York Heating for my boiler repair and service. My York makes it a point to educate me as well. He will fix the problem and explain to me what caused the problem. I will not hesitate to refer York Heating to all my neighbors. I would rate them a ten on a one to ten scale. Sincerely, Sean Bennett Pownal, Main
- Coastal Mechanical ServicesBrian and Todd did a great job installing my new propane furnace. They finished the job on time and within their quote, were professional and courteous in all their dealings with me and excellent communicators.
- SilaDuring an August heat wave, we finally decided we'd waited long enough (4 years) to upgrade an inadequate window a/c in our finished attic space, used as my spouse's home office. But we weren't sure what the best solution was: Did we need a bigger window a/c? A sunshade over the a/c? A through-the-wall a/c? A better attic ventilation system? We needed advice. I contacted several Heating and A/C contractors listed on Angie's List. One was a bit rude, suggesting that they couldn't help me unless I knew exactly what I wanted. Another couldn't help us until next spring. Finally, I contacted Unique Indoor Comfort, who were able to schedule a visit within just a couple of days. The salesperson arrived punctually, and understood immediately from the shoes piled in the front foyer that ours was a shoeless house. He obliged by removing his shoes without comment. After measuring the attic space, and discussing our needs, he recommended a 17,000 BTU Mitsubishi "Mr Slim" split ductless A/C unit, which they could install by the end of the following week, for $4,500. He did not suggest any other options for us. For example, he didn't know how effective window film (a popular and cheap way to reduce heat loss in winter and solar gain in summer) would be. He didn't propose any other brands. He left us with a written estimate and a slick Mitsubishi brochure, and we agreed to think it over. He also recommended an electrician to do the wiring part of the installation. I contacted him, and he came over promptly to give his estimate ($700) for the electrical work. Meanwhile, I did the requisite research into ductless a/c units in general, and the "Mr Slim" in particular, and concluded that this could be a good solution for us. Based on my past experience with electricians, the electrical estimate seemed reasonable, too. On installation day (the following week, as promised), the crew arrived on time. With everyone present (I, spouse, salesman, installers, electrician), we chose the best location for the interior and exterior parts of the system. Once I saw how compact the whole system was, I asked about putting one of these systems in my own home office, too. The sales guy gave me an estimate for the second unit (9,000BTU: $3500, installed). He said they could install it right then and there. Electrician asked for another $500. We discussed it for a few minutes, and said "Yes". By the end of the day, both units were installed. One was fully operational; the second required a return visit from the electrician, as he hadn't been expecting to install 2 units on such short notice. The installers left the house spotlessly clean. We are very pleased with the results. These "split ductless" units are astonishingly quiet (you easily can hold a phone conversation sitting right next to the interior unit). The process -- from first phone call through installation to final payment -- went quickly and smoothly
- Weltman Plumbing Heating & AirThey provide good service. They are usually prompt, they come on time, friendly and explain everything that they are doing.
- All Seasons Heating & AirGreat! The job was fairly extensive and required 2 different visits to solve the problem completely, though they didn't charge me for any of the extra "detective" work. They were pleasant and professional at all times, and the pricing was competitive! I would highly recommend them to others.
- Stone HeatingWas in a jam last winter when the furnace went. Responded can fixed everything quickly for a reasonable price. Will be doing my yearly maintenance from now on.
- Mid-Coast Energy Systems IncWaiting on a quote but there call back person was very nice helpful and a joy to speak with understood my other issues with other companies and had compassion for what I've been throw with out her companies! They maybe out of my area of service but I'd highly recommend them just on call and confidence if the caller (Robert) thank you! Hope to have you guys as my full time heating and plumming
- AFC - Augusta Fuel Co.AFC performed a full maintenance check on my unit and replaced the fan in a jiffy. Excellent job. Totally professional.
Heating Cooling Contractors in Harrington
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:These guys are professional. Nothing but professionalism displayed.Guy C.
- Business Description:Chuck The Water Guy, owner of Mainely Water LLC, has more than 36 years of experience in water softening Rinnai Tankless Water Heaters, Rinnai Direct Vent Wall Furnaces. We specialize in helping residential and small commercial customers with all of these products. We are a local Maine small business… family owned. We carry a large inventory to meet your needs. And we have the experience and expertise to make a proper assessment of your needs and properly service or install your choice of sys..Recent Review:Chuck got the appropriate model in advance and installed it. It is working flawlessly. Several local techs--supposedly trained in Rinnai products--had serviced the heater and not seen a very obvious flaw, a missing external drain hose, leading to the premature rusting and death of the heater. He fitted the work into his busy schedule even though I told him that speed was unnecessary. He was concerned that I have hot water since I had just had major surgery and couldn't drive to shower at the YMCA for several weeks. He returned right away when, a few days later, a mouse invaded the vent. He uses communication technology: it took seconds to pay via Quicken (though it would be nice to have all the details, e.g., parts, labor, discounts, on one document for a visit). The Mainely Water website has a lot of info on systems, problems, and solutions in very clear language; and it's so convenient that I can text him when I'm free instead of, say, having to wait for an 8 AM business opening (when I'll be working and unable to call). Maine winters are long and cold, and it's reassuring to have a competent, considerate proSusan M.
- Business Description:CP has been providing quality home warranty products since 1998.Recent Review:Thank you so much for all your support with our properties. You are good to your word and provide excellent customer service. You always manage to have someone professional and courteous answer our calls live. We are very satisfied with you and 100% recommendedWalter L.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:All Service Moving was exceptional. Great customer service - easy to schedule and flexible. Royce & Frost did an AMAZING job moving all of our very heavy and fragile belongings. They handled all of our requests and items with care and worked both efficiently and quickly. They were super friendly and very customer service oriented. I can't thank them enough for the GREAT job they did. I highly recommend All Service Moving for anything moving and/or storage related. And DEFINITELY request Royce & Frost to handle your job. Thank YouBrock K.
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:Since 1999, we've helped millions of people save money and fix their broken appliances quickly by providing quality parts and free repair help. 365 days to return any part. Amazingly fast shipping. It's better with the Pros!™ Avoid costly service calls - visit us at http://www.appliancepartspros.coRecent Review:Worked great. Good price, fast shipping. Fit like a charm.Alan T.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance ZoneRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance partsTyson A.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang..Recent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESSDebra C.
- Business Description:Well established Plumbing, Heating, Remodeling Contractor. We do things right the first time. 10% discount to our treasured veterans and seniors. We are licensed and insured for all our trade work.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful heating & cooling contractor articles
Not only do whole-house humidifiers keep you breathing easy, but they also prevent dry air from damaging your beautiful wood floors and furniture. Before getting one, consult this list of the best whole-house furnace humidifiers you can buy.
What you’ll pay for furnace repairs depends on many factors, including what parts are malfunctioning, where you live, and even the time of day. Here’s a breakdown of what can go wrong with your furnace and the cost to fix those issues.
HVAC contractors in Harrington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advanced Spray Foam227 Neck Rd
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Andrews Plumbing & Heating26 Battery St
- Apex Radiators209 Main Street
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- Ashes to Ashes Pellet Stove Care146 madawaska rd
- ASK Mechanical22 Hidden Creek
- Advanced Spray Foam
- eComMerchantSolutions (eCMS)10151 SE Sunnyside Rd Suite 495
- eComMerchantSolutions (eCMS)
- Insource Renewables287 Somerset Ave
- Insource Renewables
- JON W GRAY PLUMBING & HEATING8 CAPE RD
Seal Cove, Maine
- JON W GRAY PLUMBING & HEATING
- Krell Distributing Co Inc211 Herald Place
Syracuse, New York
- Krell Distributing Co Inc