The typical cost to install a thermostat is $113 to $254
Reviews of A/C Repair Services Near Your Location
We were unable to find pros for your Air Conditioning Repair project in Ashburn, VA
Similar to Air Conditioning Repair
Four Main Types of Air Conditioners
Any air conditioning system can stop working, but the costs associated with the types vary widely. Your central air conditioner is probably one of these types:
- Split system — Two components (one outside, one inside)
- Heat pump — An energy efficient alternative that also provides heat
- Packaged central air conditioner — One unit contains the evaporator, condenser and compressor
- Ductless mini-split system — This requires no expensive ductwork
Tips for Hiring Air Conditioning Equipment Repair Near You
Only heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) technicians should service your central air conditioner, regardless of type.
A good A/C repair tech near you will:
- Assess the system
- Isolate the repair problem
- Offer the homeowner choices in resolving the problem
- Make the repair
- Ensure the entire system is working
Hiring reliable contractors and avoiding scams is easy when you read free reviews. Be sure to follow up on the background of the company. Air conditioner equipment is expensive to buy and expensive to service, so save money by doing your homework with this list of air conditioner repair service near you.
How Much Does Air Conditioning Repair Near You Cost?
The range of air conditioning repair work is $163 to $533, with a national average of $347. Get three estimates nearby to gauge your local area's common price point.
Remember, service call charges alone can be $60 or more. For a unit needing fresh refrigerant, for example, expect to pay $160 to $400.
Hiring an A/C Repair Company Near Me
- Always read reviews or check the grades of your local HVAC contractors specifically for air conditioning repair. This page should have strictly A/C repair companies near you.
- If possible, get three written estimates. Again, this helps a homeowner get a view of the competitive pricing landscape. It also allows you to meet company representatives.
- Check paperwork to ensure proper licensing, bonding and liability insurance. Ask questions in addition to checking their documents.
- Ask about monthly specials, maintenance programs and other cost savers. There are sometimes deals from repair pros near you found on this page.
Air Conditioner Repair Resources for Homeowners
US Department of Energy - Weatherization Assistance Program | A/C Repair Hiring Guide | Air Conditioning Contractors of America - National Trade Association | US Department of Energy - Central Air Conditioning Information
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Heating Cooling Contractor Articles
The average cost to replace an oil tank replacement between $800 and $3,800
An evaporator coil replacement costs around $1,300 on average