Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Eddington, ME
There are 4 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Eddington
- B McLaughlin Quality Construction & RenovationExcellent company! Great communication and quality of work, trustworthy people. I highly recommend this company. This house was taken down to the frame and rebuilt with new electric, plumbing, roof, insulation, windows, drywall, floors and custom kitchen. Brian and Larry were very knowledgable and always available to discuss decisions. Brian always kept me updated on progress and returned any missed calls right away. I feel as if I won the lottery in finding this contractor. I was nervous hiring a contractor for the first time after hearing many horror stories about terrible contractors from other people. This company and its people are amazing. I can't say enough about them, I recommend them to everyone for any size project, from decks, roofs to complete remodel projects you can't go wrong with B. McLaughlin Quality Construction
- ALL THAT CONTRACTORSContractor provided an accurate estimate; work crew was professional and effective - work was completed in the specified period (one day). Would highly recommend this contractor - was very pleased with the job and the contractor. Would use again - A+++++++!
- K-DOGG GENERAL SERVICE CONTRACTINGI have used Karl on two separate occasions and just called him for another job (2/2015). I have had Karl do finish carpentry on a remodeled room and he worked with my old house and lack of straight lines AMAZINGLY well. I also used Karl to install a thermal door at the bottom of my basement bulk head stairs. He had to modify the stairs to do the work and four years later the door fits so tight it still squeaks against the frame each time I open it. I always go to Karl with carpentry issues and NEVER have to audit his actual work time when I receive the bill. Karl has fair, but not cheap prices. However, his work is top notch and worth every penny
- His and Her ConstructionThey do carpentry and honey-do kind of things. They’re very versatile. They’ve done probably $75,000 worth of work for me over the last few years. They’re the kind of people you can let in your house, tell them where your key is, go on vacation, and come back and your house looks great. People just don’t get any better than these folks
- NATHAN HOBBS CARPENTRYNate did great work, as the best price I could find. He was responsive and provided quality workmanship. He also provided quality references for other work that was outside his normal scope or availability.
- Pearl ContractorsThe roof on the house was in terrible shape; it had multiple problems including serious dipping between rafters and there was a nasty 5" drop at one point across the roof line. Pearl came in, removed all shingles and sheathing exposing the problems with the roof rafters. They straightened and braced or replaced all rafters, repaired the issue causing the 5" roofline drop, applied new sheathing, vents, and re-shingled the roof. They also rebuilt the soffits and fascia. It now looks great and more important is sturdy and structurally sound. The crew on site was amazing, they were responsive to my questions (and my suggestions), started on time each day, made the best use of the day, tarped the roof and picked up every day. It did not seem to bother them at all that I was a constant presence. Troy Pearl, the owner, was on site multiple times to ensure all was going well. At one point one of the tarps on the roof came loose after the work day; I called Troy and he had someone on site within 45 minutes to fix the problem. Overall I was very satisfied with all aspects of the project and would highly recommend this company
- Pearl ContractorsTroy priced the job, started when planned, completed the job on schedule and on budget. Work was neat, clean , and high quality. Troy is easy to work with, very skilled and honest.
- B McLaughlin Quality Construction & RenovationThey did an outstanding job. On time, on budget, easily handled additional work. Very trustworthy crew, great guys. High quality work, have used them again for some roof leaks. Thanks!
- A.V.A. Woodworks, Inc.Any home construction or remodeling should go to AVA woodworks. For a professional and friendly approach, you will get exactly what you want out of it and the price is what it is. No cutting corners here and these guys tell it lke it is. Anyone with a bad experience from contractors would know that this is a rare quality. Hopefully this helps anyone who is in the Bethel, Maine area and looking for some outstanding woodwork at a fair accurate price. DO call him well in adavance because he tends to be fairly busy and scheduling could be your only issue. DONT go anywhere else
- One Stop Home RepairNot impressed with the company. The were prompt in scheduling and even called to confirm the estimate appointment the day before. The guy that showed up was flustered and unprepared. He didn't have a tape measure and was so flustered by that had trouble concentrating on the work I was asking him to give an estimate on. I didn't hear from them for weeks, then another person from the company called to ask if I was still interested in an estimate. I said I was and he explained he had taken over the estimate from the original person I had met with and said they would get an estimate right out to me. I never received one or heard back from this company
Contractors in Eddington
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in home remodeling (standard to custom), we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! From remodels and home additions, to dekcs and garages, and everything in between, give us a call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:It was excellent. They did a wonderful job, they followed up with the work, I was very happy, I would recommend them and I would hire them again in the future.bONNIE L.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Family owned / operated business. Fully Insured Professional Installations with the Customer's Satisfaction being our Number 1 priority. You can trust that when you hire Central Maine Exteriors Inc. to handle your renovation project, it will be done right, and on timeRecent Review:Central Maine Exteriors was professional, reasonably priced, and did not try to sell us extra services. Would use again.Karissa D.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
- Business Description:At custom Trades we employ 5 expert craftsmen who offer a wide range of quality service and 2 office sales associates. We offer prompt service and free estimates. We will ask for a 30% deposit on the first day of the job when our service techs. arrive with material. Any customers that mention finding us on Angies List will receive a 5% discount on our first job with them
- Business Description:M C Peters LLC has three employee's that have a combined experience of over 45 years. M C Peters LLC sub-contracts numerous jobs on a wide aspect from rough carpentry to interior painting and trim work. M C Peters normaly bills from the 1st and the 15th of every month (exclusions may apply)Recent Review:We found Mark through the Bangor Home Show. He contacted us right away. He came out to our house and reviewed the work to be done. We sat down, he answered any and all questions that we had. He started the next week. Job was completed in 2 days. After they were through they cleaned up and also walked around the house with a metal detector to make sure they got any nails that may have fallen on the ground. We were very impressed with Mark and his crew. We will absolutely being using Mark again for our new front deck project. We highly recommend him. <br /Dawn W.
- Business Description:Owner operated. Uses some subs for labor. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply.Recent Review:Came in under estimate. Cleaned up area well. <br /> Clark (no relation) was with a MDI local, Southwest Harbor firm which also did very good work. He is memorable for listening closely and asking questions to clarify what I wanted AND following through with the plans. I have many elderly friends who were delighted with both sets of the new stairs as they made access to our house safe and comfortable which was the main goal. <br /> Clark worked independently , creatively and well. He finished way before our 50th wedding anniversary party in July which was another goal as I was able to paint them in time to dry. <br /> His work has held up very well, no need for repairs or adjustments. <br /Susan C.
- Business Description:I do all aspects of property maintenance and building.
- Business Description:New construction, remodeling, electrical, plumbing, handyman, roofing, insulation, painting, gutters, solar hot water, fences, pellet stove installation, windows & doors, vinyl siding, carpentry, garages, bathrooms, kitchens & additionsRecent Review:Office staff was courteous, and scheduled for next day. Workman was friendly. I thought it odd that he had to go back to his shop for something on such a simple job. I didn't get an estimate at the beginning--my bad--and the bill was exorbitant. When I called to ask for a breakdown between labor and parts, what I got instead was a different figure and an apology, saying she'd "entered the wrong job number," or something similar, suggesting that they just charge by the job category. I don't like this way of doing things. The fitting he put on my faucet is not anything like the standard fitting for an outdoor faucet, and it's mounted way off center. Sloppy jobCarrie W.
- Business Description:We are a local small business that specializes in residential remodeling. The owner has over 15 years of experience in the carpentry/remodeling field. We will beat any competitors offer on a job and each month we offer special promotions for customers through our website. http://edpurdycarpentry.sharepoint.co
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Old Town
general contractors in Eddington
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Central Maine Exteriors Inc.302 Canaan Rd
- Christopher Pedersen204 Kennebec Rd
- COLE'S CONSTRUCTIONP.O. Box 206
Old Town, Maine
- Commercial Roofing Systems IncPO Box 110
- Cottle & Downes Construction LLC.65 heritage park
- Custom Trades Construction66 Sherman St Apt 2
- Central Maine Exteriors Inc.
- Keyes Roofing & Construction1095 Moosehead Trail
- Keyes Roofing & Construction
- One Stop Home Repair90 Stillwater Ave
- One Stop Home Repair
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Stillmans Woodworking126 mudgett rd
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- UNION RIVER BUILDERS , INC1715 WALTHAM ROAD
- UNION RIVER BUILDERS , INC
- Wagner Home Renovation66 York Woods Road
South Berwick, Maine
- Wagner Home Renovation