B. Marshall Home Improvements

With Angi since April 2015

2.3

3rd generation family owned business, free estimates We write everything on contract first, NO MONEY TILL JOB COMPLETE...

Jl painting corp

Painting int/ext,drywall,carpentry,deck staining,power washing and more..

KBG Remodeling Service LLC

KBG Remodeling Service focuses on quality from the beginning to the end of your project. We are ready to work with you with the best professionalism coming from our crew members in the company.

Offers by KBG Remodeling Service LLC on Angi
GM Painting LLC

Painting residential interior exterior. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Offers by GM Painting LLC on Angi

09/28/2020

If you are planning on having B. Marshal work on your house read this first. This company is not honest. I hired B. Marshall to pressure clean and paint my house, wrap my trim and soffits and to remove my old 5 inch gutters and replace them with upgraded 6 inch gutters. I interacted with Ben Marshall and Ben Marshall Jr. during this process. Ben Marshall Jr. wrote the estimate for $6400 to do all of the work. I asked Ben Jr. to itemize the estimate. Over the phone he told me that I was being charged (1) $2500 to pressure clean and prep the home and to repaint the trim and aluminum siding (2) $2400 to wrap the trim and soffits in aluminum trim coil and cover the soffits in vinyl and (3) $1500 for the gutters. Prior to B. Marshall starting the work and giving me an estimate we did a walk around of the house. Regarding the soffits we had discussed that the soffits under the main portion of my house would be vented and everywhere else they would not be vented. Prior to B. Marshall starting their work I had a new roof put on. The roofers installed new air intake vents under the soffit and a new ridge vent over the main portion of the house. B. Marshall started their work by wrapping the soffit over the main part of the house at the rear on the third story. (I have a second and third story soffit at the rear of the house.) When they left I saw that the soffit was only partially vented with a vented area approximately every six feet. Many of the vent holes cut by the roofer were covered. I called my roofer and he said that this would defeat the purpose of the vents as they were now blocked. I texted Ben Jr. with my concern. The next day Ben told me that the venting would work fine. I told him that the roofer disagreed and I want a fully vented soffit, which we had discussed and was my understanding of what the soffit would be. B. Marshall took down the partially vented soffit and installed a fully vented soffit. Later that day Ben Jr. told me that they would not be able to wrap my soffit on the second story as there was nothing to nail to. This didn’t make sense to me but I let it go to maintain harmony with my contractor and the wood in this area is easier for me to reach for repairs and currently not in bad shape. I have since had other contractors out to my house to finish the work and they said that what Ben Jr. told me was nonsense. Throughout the installation I was having difficulty selecting paint colors for my house. I know that this frustrated B. Marshall. And rightfully so I suppose. When the installation work was near completion Ben Jr. asked to get paid $4500. I told him no problem and that I would pay him $3900, which was the price for the work that they had almost finished up to that point. He became very upset and told me that the itemized prices were cheaper than he would normally charge and that they were part of a package deal. This was not my understanding but I wrote Ben Jr. a check for $4500 anyways. I asked that Ben Jr. give me a receipt. Ben Jr. went to his truck and hand wrote a receipt that showed that I had paid $4500 with $1900 due after the house painting was complete. After a cursory overview everything looked the same as the contract that was emailed to me. With check in hand Ben Jr. started to pack up his stuff because he said he had to go to another job. He told me that he would be back later that day or the next day and finish wrapping the trim on the two doors at the rear of my house. Shocker but B. Marshall did not show up. I wasn’t too concerned though because I still planned on having them paint my house for $1900, the remainder of the contract. Once I selected my colors I sent both of the Marshals a text with my three color selections for the (1) body, (2) trim and (3) shutters and asked them when they could start. On the morning that they were supposed to paint they both showed up at the same time and Ben Jr. said that he had not bought the paint yet and that he wanted to discuss exactly what they were painting. Ben Jr. asked me what I thought the trim was. I said the soffits and fascia – you know, the trim. He said the trim was only the four small wood boxes underneath my front windows. I told him this wasn’t what we had discussed. (When we walked around my house during the estimate I was explicit about the trim and soffits being painted and he said yes as he pointed to them.) Both Marshals proceeded to scream at me in the middle of the street that they weren’t going to paint my house. At this point Ben Jr. said that they were leaving and they were not going to do the work. I told them to stop and that I was going to get my contract in which “wrap trim and soffits” and “repaint trim” are different line items and that installing the trim is not the same as repainting the trim. Ben Jr. said that he did not care what the contract said. He then got in his truck. As he was driving away he said that the receipt that I signed did not say anything about the trim. He said for me to read it. More on that in a bit. As Ben Sr. was preparing to drive away I said that I was going to leave them a bad review. Ben Sr. then got out of his truck and asked me if I was threatening him. I told him to back up as he was not wearing a mask. He told me that he didn’t have it [corona virus]. I said that he didn’t know that. I told Ben Sr. that the least he could do was tighten my loose siding. Ben Sr. to his credit did spend an hour tightening some of my loose siding. Ben Sr. stated that he would honor the contract and paint my house minus the trim for $1900. Regarding the receipt that I signed after paying Ben Jr. $4500 it was exactly the same as the contract which I had been emailed except for one difference. The emailed contract stated “repaint trim and siding” whereas the hand written receipt for $4500 said “repainting aluminum siding” with no mention of trim. When Ben Jr. and I talked after giving him the money he made no mention of the change. Clever and dishonest Ben Jr. snuck that one in there. A few days later I sent a text to each of the Marshals stating that I would like to use the same colors that I originally sent to them and since they refused to pain the trim to just keep it white. It has been over a week since the texts were sent and I never received a response from either of them. In addition to not finishing their work B. Marshal left gutter nails and other waste materials all over my yard. At this point I ask that the Marshals return the $600 for down payment on the painting that they never did and $400 for the trim coil that they never installed for a total of $1000. Buyer be very aware with this dishonest company.

Description of Work
Painting, trim repair, gutters

Category decks,house painters

10/05/2019

High quality work and excellent customer service from a local, family-owned business. I would HIGHLY recommend this company. We had them replace our gutters a year ago. They provided good advice on which gutters to use and did an excellent job. We recently hired them to paint our aluminum siding. Again they did an excellent job and gave great customer service. When we couldn’t find the right size shutters at Lowe’s/Home Depot, he knew exactly where to get them and only charged us for the cost of the shutters, not for his time to pick them up himself. We definitely had two great experiences working with Ben.

Description of Work
Replaced gutters and painted house

Category gutter repair,house painters

08/13/2019

Called them out for estimate. Their price estimate is ridiculously high. The job I asked them about should not cost me more than $400, they quoted me around $3500.

Description of Work
Needed 15ft section of gutter replaced.

Category gutter repair

Pressure cleaning Repainting aluminum/vinyl siding Cleaning/sealing/staining of wood decks ,NEW decks New gutter systems/leaf guards installed, 5and6 inch. Cleaning and sealing roofs of all types (removes moss and algae) Roof/siding repairs

Interior work