There are many dog fence options, from tall privacy fencing to wireless underground electric fences. Here's how much it costs to install a dog fence.
Get matched with top fence contractors in Springfield, MA
There are 13 highly-rated local fence companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Fence Company Reviews in Springfield
- TFG Fence Co.Amazing job well done. Very quick and responsive. Have an excellent team that was very professional and efficient. I couldn’t be happier with my fence!!! 10/10
- Protect-A-Child of New EnglandI had considered trying to do this job myself (well having my step-father do it), but after seeing a video review of the strength of the various "DIY" polls vs. the Protect-A-Child fence I decided to try and find a vendor to install it. I came across Susan and Jeff and am so happy that I did. They were really easy to communicate with, and offered some great suggestions that ended up changing the way we wanted to have the fence configured. Jeff came and had it installed in a half day, connecting up against an existing fence. Really happy we went with this company, any extra money over what a DIY version would have cost was certainly saved in stress and time
- All Season Clean Up & LandscapingVery well, Jay came out in timely fashion reviewed incomplete work done on the fence in our back yard and also helped plan out widening our driveway. He reviewed options and we agreed on a plan. He and is crew did a great job. He has done another fence for us a few yrs ago and did another great job. We are now hiring him to take care of our lawn. Highly recommend hi
- Signature Building and RemodelingThe trellis and fence look GREAT and are as solid as a rock. Dave and one other worker put up the trellis very quickly and then followed up a few weeks later with the fencing for privacy. I wouldn't have called anyone else to do this job because it was not only a functional thing but also an appearance thing. I needed both to look great and they do. Dave has been my go-to guy for any construction work on my own home and my rental home. EVERYTHING that has been done has been done perfectly. Communication is always professional, accurate and prompt. Dave Lane runs a first class company with great, professional people
- Bay State FenceBay State Fence was recommended to us by a friend who had experience with this company. At the conclusion of our installation, I wrote her a thank you note. The men who came were prompt, professional and skilled. The price we were quoted (which was surprisingly good) was the price we paid. The fence was exactly what we asked for. I would, and in fact have, recommended this company to other people seeking fencing
- Emerson INCI spent over an hour meeting with their team (who was half an hour late). It took them nearly 2 months to give me an estimate. The price was reasonable, so I asked for references, license number and sample photos. I never heard back from them after that. Complete waste of time and very unprofessional
- GMH Fence CoSales person made appointment to give me an estimate within a few days of initial request for a quote. Had quote in hand via email the next day. Received written quote shortly thereafter. Once decision to engage GMH was made, the installation team was able to start installation after approximately two weeks. The installation was top notch with friendly and professional workman. Materials used are of high quality and should last a long time. This company is excellent to do business with, and their price and service was the best of the companies I solicited for a quote
- All Season Clean Up & LandscapingExcellent. Jason was very professional and his work was above expectations. Wouls definitely hire again
- GMH Fence CoThe owner was able to fit us in right away and got the job done quicker than I'd imagined. They did a great job and were meticulous with the details. The owner and his employees were very easy to work with and left the place in good order.
- GMH Fence CoI liked the people who came down to do the job. They did an excellent job. They made sure that I was happy with all the work they did. They were flexible and timely. I would recommend them to others.
Last update on April 26, 2022
Fencing Contractors in Springfield
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fencing contractor articles
Learn how much you can expect to pay to pressure wash a fence based on size, material, and any extra cleaning needed to remove debris.
Determining split rail fence costs can help you come up with an accurate budget before you begin installation. For this project, you’ll need to think about size, materials, location, to calculate your split rail fence price. This guide can help.
Find fence companies in
Fence Companies in Springfield, MA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Brodeur-Campbell Fence Co Inc1075 Page Blvd
Springfield, Massachusetts 01104
- Hurley & David Inc90 Fisk Ave
Springfield, Massachusetts 01107
- LOWES1600 BOSTON RD
Springfield, Massachusetts 01129
- Patriot Fence And Railing Design Inc50 Turnbull St
Springfield, Massachusetts 01104
- Sentry Fence Co214 Parkerview St
Springfield, Massachusetts 01129
- Brodeur-Campbell Fence Co Inc
- BRADY'S PAINTING AND CONSTRUCTION611 n. kickapoo
Lincoln, Illinois 62656
- BRADY'S PAINTING AND CONSTRUCTION
- Canine Co493 Danbury Road
Wilton, Connecticut 06897
- CAPE COD FENCE CO OF CONN INC30 Old Albany Tpke
Canton, Connecticut 06019
- CARE Home Complete At-home Renovation and Energy15 Newton Street
Holyoke, Massachusetts 01040
- Collier Fence Sales and Installation549 Southampton Rd
Westfield, Massachusetts 01085
- Creative Remodeling Solutions189 SHAKER RD
Somers, Connecticut 06071
- CS Landscape Design & Construction Inc815 Mountain Rd
Suffield, Connecticut 06078
- Custom Railings Inc117 Allston Ave
WEST SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts 01089
- Canine Co
- Diamond Fence CoPO Box 765
Agawam, Massachusetts 01001
- Diamond Fence Co
- J&H Construction149 Old Cricket Hill Rd
Conway, Massachusetts 01341
- J&H Construction
- OREGON FENCE CO1259 35TH ST
Springfield, Oregon 97478
- OREGON FENCE CO
- Roy Monteiro Home Improvement and Repairs1351 Blandford Rd
Russell, Massachusetts 01071
- Roy Monteiro Home Improvement and Repairs
Fencing contractors that service Springfield
How much does it cost to install a fence?
Answer: The average cost to install a fence is $2,600. A variety of factors will impact the overall cost of fencing installation, such as the length of the fence, the materials you choose, and local labor costs. Fencing projects using the lowest cost materials and with lower labor costs can cost as little as $1 to $6 per linear foot, while projects using the highest cost materials and with higher labor costs may be as high as $15 to $45.
Do I need a permit to build a fence around a yard?
Answer: Whether you’ll need a permit to build a fence around your yard will depend on your city or county's local codes. Many metropolitan and suburban areas require a permit to install most fencing, but they may not for fences situated behind a house as opposed to in front of it or fences that don’t run within a certain distance of the road. To find out if you’ll need a permit to fence your yard, reach out directly to your local government office.
What is the cheapest fence to install?
Answer: The cheapest fencing to install is chain-link fencing. Chain-link fencing is typically cheaper than other fence types because the materials cost less, and installation is generally quicker and easier than other options. Chain-link fencing is affordable, easy to install, and low maintenance. However, it’s usually considered less secure than other options and doesn’t increase resale value as much as fences made of different materials.
Is a wood or vinyl fence cheaper?
Answer: Wood fences are generally cheaper than the cost of vinyl fences. While the cost of materials for wood and vinyl fences is usually very similar, the labor cost associated with installing a vinyl fence is higher. Wood fencing is also easier to install than vinyl fencing, making it possible to save money by making wood fence installation a DIY project. It’s also possible to DIY install a vinyl fence.
What is the life expectancy of a vinyl fence?
Answer: Vinyl fencing can be expected to last between 10 and 30 years. Vinyl fencing is generally low maintenance, but proper care will ensure it lasts as long as possible. Its long life span and high return on investment make vinyl fencing a popular option for many homeowners.
What type of fence adds to the property value?
Answer: Installing quality fencing, no matter the fence type, will generally add value to your property. In general, fences made of longer-lasting, lower-maintenance, and more attractive materials—like wrought-iron, composite, or vinyl—add more value to a property than fences made of lower-cost or less attractive materials, like chain-link. To ensure your fencing adds as much value to your home as possible, be sure it’s properly permitted, approved by your homeowners association (if you have one), and installed properly.