Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in Shelbyville, KY
There are 8 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Shelbyville
- Goddard Construction Co LLCGoddard Construction Co LLC were exceptionally professional, courteous and timely. Their prices are competitive. I did not chose him as my contractor. They were doing research on what I was going to need in order to even break ground, surveys and things like that. We didn't like his pricing on the house. But I will call them again if I needed to
- Vincent Abell Contracting IncInitial quote was very competitive. Estimate to start work ~ 1 month later. There was a delay, but it was due to Lowe's having a backorder on the moisture shield composite deck railings that matched our decking. That was the only hiccup with the whole process and was not in Abell's control. They kept us informed throughout the process. The crew did a 1st class job on the deck construction. It was built on 12" centers to make sure that the composite decking does not bow. Additionally, they took extra care to make sure that the gaps were perfect and boards were straight (this is very difficult with the hidden fasteners). They installed skirting around the entire deck and it looks fantastic. Any issues that we pointed out, were quickly addressed. After construction was complete, I had a few screws that must have been bad. One of the skirt boards was loose. They came back our and fixed it without any problem. They stand behind their work and build it the way they would want it built for their house. I can tell you that the deck that I have is far more than the deck that I had them quote. The fit and finish details exceeded my expectations...and I am very picky
- TREC Construction LLCIt was an amazing experience to work with Trec Construction. The owner, Robby Watts, was a wealth of knowledge, ideas, and advice for our wonderful custom built home. His attention to detail ensured that every aspect of the process was to our satisfaction. He was responsive to any request and his quality was consistently top notch. Trec Construction will be our "go to" company for any future building or remodeling projects. First rate
- Barnett BuildersMark was hired to help build a new studio facilities for our radio station. He was very professional and knowledgeable and completed the work on time. I would highly recommend his services.
- Building Solutions, LLCThe guys have done a lot for us. Duct Cleaning, built a shed, built a fence, and some extra work on my house. Great, professional guys.
- Ken Skinner ConstructionWonderful!! So prompt, pleasant to work with and the attention to detail is amazing. Ken came HIGHLY recommended from many people in the oldham county area. You just don't get quality work like this anymore. I thought he was so great, I asked him back to gut and remodel two bathrooms! I've seen many homes he's built. Beautiful quality work. God has blessed him with a gift
- V-Tech ConstructionV-Tech repaired water pipes, drywall, removed damaged living room carpet, then installed a beautiful wood finish floor. I had damage to my AC duct work under my house that they were able to repair also. All work was done in a timely matter. Mark Vaughn knows what he is doing!
- Ricky Wilson ConstructionThe head contractor mentioned that he had recently done something similar with his own house. So I was relieved that maybe a project so big was fresh on his mind. I asked for a pretty large addition to be built and they built it quickly. It was done in 1 1/2 months and was exactly what I had asked for
- Larry Lewis ExcavatingBid half the amount that the other contractor had bid. Performed the job, with some additional cost, had to install new electric panel before the sewer grinder could be turned on. Still costs me less than the other bid on this job. Larry Lewis is a wonderful contractor, did a lot of the heavy equipment operation himself. He is licensed in the State of Kentucky as a contractor and a master electrician. Larry installed many of the grinders in this area, and did an excellent job on all of them. Lewis Excavating does other jobs too, he does concrete work and many other jobs. You can call him for any type of work around your house, and if he doesn't do it, he can tell you who to get in touch with to get it done
- Preferred Property Solutions LLCI really liked him and I was really surprised. It is really hard to find contractors like this because I live a little out in the country. I think just how best and efficient and clean they have been. I mean I am living in my house while they are doing this and other than the extra dust they have been so clean. I am really really happy with the work. Its look great. Its really hard to square out a room on such an old house and its perfect. I think he is reasonable and honest person and does quality work
House Builders in Shelbyville
- Business Description:I am a licensed contractor so give us a call today for any Remodeling, new construction, concrete, paint, custom cabinets, trim&moldings, windows and door installation and additions! https://www.facebook.com/daltonconstructioncontractingRecent Review:Excellent! This company was very responsive with quotes, meetings etc. They showed up on time, were polite, respectful, were polite to one another, showed me a few things I needed to be aware of for the future. They finished in a timely manner, they went above and beyond my oruginal request and cleaned up after themselves. I will hire them again in the futuresherry h.
- Business Description:We are George's Construction.Llc have strived hard to give our customers the best quality of work and the best pricing available, as the owners /operators we are always on every job site, this is very important for us, being hand on assures our customer that the job is being completed to its fullest. We have 5 years on the market, doing a lot of services with high level of quality (painting, drywall,sodding and soffit,kitchen and bathroom renovations,addition & remodeling, decks, flooring, po..Recent Review:Right out of the gate when I called for a quote, Jorge was there the next day for measurements and discussing ideas. The garage went up in less that three weeks with minimal problems (weather). Even with the current prices for materials (concrete and lumber), Jorge was able to work with me to keep the price as low as possible while being flexible. In addition he would do daily social media live streams of the construction progress that I could watch while at work. Fantastic to work with and a legitimately GOOD person. Would absolutely recommend to work with againAllison S.
- Business Description:Providing accurate and reliable professional land surveying services at competitive rates.Recent Review:Mr.Logsdon is very professional,on time,answer all my questions,price very fair,didn't ask for payment in advance like most of them,I'm very satisfiedYaimet C.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Additional Phone - (502) 267-4600. Award wining. Super Service Award winner every year 2009 through 2016. Additional website - www.wisebuyingmall.com/corriganelectric. Additional email - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Contact name - Tom CorriganRecent Review:I really liked Patrick, the young man that was here, he was very responsive and such a nice young man.Brenda H.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:For over 12 years, our lead Contractor, Josh Jackson, has been providing top of the line residential construction services to homeowners on everything from a single window replacement, to designing and building a structure from the ground up. He comes highly-reccomended for building new homes, additions, single room remodels and entire home renovations. He has been lead foreman for two well known companies in the state of Ohio, where he also owned and operated his own woodworking business. He..Recent Review:Excellent, best technicians and repair work.Charles W.
- Business Description:Stickler Construction LLC. is locally owned and operated and we specialize in alterations and additions. More specifically kitchens and bathrooms. We take pride in our work and seek to insure the highest quality of workmanship on every project we doRecent Review:They enlarged and customized tile our shower. They had a custom-built vanity. Also worked on my mirror and lighting. All of it were done very very well. Everybody that works for them are extremely competent and well-mannered. They really did a great job. Pricing was reasonable tooMARJORIE AND RICHARD M.
- Business Description:Hard Times Carpentry will work fast, focused and efficiently FOR YOU! With 20+ years experience working as a Master level Carpenter, building construction, renovation, repair, and remodeling, we can personally guarantee, the job YOU NEED done, will be DONE RIGHT! I started my business, Hard Times Carpentry, with a focus on delivering true quality work at a fair price. Why pay a general contractor to hire a subcontracted carpenter to do the work you need done, when you can skip the middle..Recent Review:Everything went smooth. Joe had everything under control, knew just what needed to be done, and did a fantastic job!Cris M.
- Business Description:We Are Legacy Contracting. Legacy Contractors are not just local boys, friends and neighbors—they are the most respected craftsmen in the industry. Our contractors and project managers undergo extensive product training, to ensure they can help you make the most informed decision when it comes to your home or business. Diligently researching and reviewing the most cutting edge construction technologies, our contractors proactively employ best industry practices and methodology—allowing us to ..Recent Review:The service was pretty good and they did the job in a quick time. They were amazing.Brad K.
- Business Description:Dixon Designs and Construction is a Design/Build company. The traditional approach to construction involves a designer on one side and a contractor on the other. In the Design/Build approach, there is only one point of contact in the construction process. In this approach, you and Dixon Designs and Construction act as a team in determining the requirements and specifications of any new project. This approach is timelier, less costly, and more enjoyable to everyone involved. *10% MILITARY DIS..Recent Review:Greg really set himself apart from other contractors in my book because he really listened, he came out and listened as I explained what it was that I wanted and then delivered exactly that. He finished everything in a very timely manner which was great. He explained everything along the way which made the whole thing a very pleasant experience. I would definitely use Dixon Designs again and would recommend to anyoneKristen C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- Pewee Valley
- New Castle
- La Grange
home builders in Shelbyville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- AFFORDABLE CONSTRUCTION2489 Tarr Ridge Road
- AFFORDABLE CONSTRUCTION
- B & I HOME IMPROVEMENT1704 CANTRILL DR
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Bluegrass Home Innnovations175 Land O Goshen
- Bridge Masters LLC9709 Manassas Drive
- Brooks Roofing4017 St Andrews Ln
Spring Hill, Tennessee
- B & I HOME IMPROVEMENT
- C&M Remodeling and Interior Design
- Can Do Construction Llc807 Sycamore St
- Carter's Painting & Remodeling454 Rowletts Cave Springs Rd
Horse Cave, Kentucky
- Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Cincinnati12121 Champion Way
- Concrete SolutionsPo box 1413
- Concrete SolutionsPo Box 1413
- CORRIGAN Electric2621 Holloway Rd
- CPG,LLC331 Fisherville Rd
- C&M Remodeling and Interior Design
- D & S Construction320 W Honaker Rd
Stamping Ground, Kentucky
- David woods construction 110 Brighton Park Blvd
- DCC Dalton Construction Contracting4390 Clearwater Way
- deering enterprises inc.1001 Boswell Lane
- DOMINION HOMES INC211 SAINT REGIS DR
- Dunn & Sons Contractors4201 Burris Rd.
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- D & S Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- J & K Roofing & Services317 harding st
- J&H Construction Co.367 Cardinal Cir
- J&R Construction Co.14 Savannas Way
- J.T. Robinson Construction LLC.PO box 84
- JAM Contracting, Inc414 Fairview ST.
- James Miller301 1st Street
Clay City, Kentucky
- Jeffries Overhead Door4250 Baker Ln
- Jim Crites Builder4905 Powers Rd
- Jones Home Repair & Construction1339 Osborne Fork Rd
- J & K Roofing & Services
- Lawhorn Electric, LLC140 Garden Avenue
- Lawhorn's Construction1115 Parton Rd
- Lee Barroll at SWBC Mortgage, Inc5055 Maryland Way Suite 200
- Lees Construction136 Harrisburg ave
- Legacy Contracting134 N Evergreen Rd
- Log Home Finishers308 Dorsey Spencer Rd
Pine Ridge, Kentucky
- Logsdon Surveying6808 Woodrow Way
- Low-Bid Home Alterations & Repairs198 Dantley Dr
- Lundy Construction, LLC833 W. Gordon St
- Lawhorn Electric, LLC
- Sanctuary Homes718 Main St
- Slate Creek Contracting Services1787 Peeled Oak Road
- SNS HOME SUPPLY9872 ELKHORN CREEK
- Stephen Akers Architect, LLC311 E Main St
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Stump's Carpentry and Remodeling5673 Zebulon Hwy. Lot 13
- Sullivans Hardwood Flooring1745 Hammonsville Jonesville Rd
- Sanctuary Homes
- The Withrow Group at Keller Williams Realty9911 Shelbyville Rd Ste 100
- Thomas Energy Solutions, LLC3006 Sprowl Rd
- Tiffany England - Advertising332 Bates Rd.
- True Home Value270 Madison Square Drive
- Turner Custom Homes 118 Sonoma Dr
- turner remodeling3491 Blair School Rd
Russell Springs, Kentucky
- The Withrow Group at Keller Williams Realty
- Wynn construction130 Riley st
Stamping Ground, Kentucky
- Wynn construction
- ZAH Construction312 Southland Dr
- ZAH Construction