Few things are more frustrating than a malfunctioning AC unit on a hot day. Here are nine AC troubleshooting tips to get the cool air flowing again.
Get matched with top home builders in Mayfield, KY
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Mayfield
- BROWN GENERAL CONTRACTING INCThey are great at what they do. They specialize in commercial buildings. Their prices are competitive. They are awesome to deal with. I couldn't ask for better.
- Jimmy WommackThe projects we have him do for us are not major. One thing I appreciate is that when he gave us an estimate, there were no overruns. The estimate was the price we paid. There was no fluff. The retaining wall was held up by the weather. That wasn't something you can't control. There was a month straight of rain
- Harshman Constr.. .The Harshman firm was given an historical mess . three existing single boxes were previously attached to a wall where a new on demand water heater was installed l. An existing cable to an upstairs outlet that was evidently used for an air conditioner prior to central AC being installedThey removed three existing fused bowes and the attached wiring . One box was not fused but used as a junction box . David Harshman , the electrician working with his brother Tony , removed the boxes and the attached cables than ran thru the floor into our crawl space . The remaining lines were then connected to the main panel . An existing line to a prior air conditioner that was replaced by central air was removed thereby creating more main panel space . We went from having three separate single control units plus an apparantly full electrical panel to only the main panel that not only accommodated the three previous units but ended as well with two free units in the main panel ----all now compliant with code .All of this work was finished within one mornings work including Tony's crawl space efforts ! This work along with a similarly fine effort by Ivitts Plumbing in installing an on demand water heater in the same area of our small utility room also allowed for the removal of an existing 25 yr. old hot water tank that was within an inch or two of our electrical panel as well as removing a "mish-mash" of electrical cables and boxes ! Between these two fine firms we have removed an historical buildup of complex plumbing and electrical problems that are all too often existing in older homes (1951 in this case ) and not only posed code problems but real and possibly imminent dangerous conditions . Kudos to these two fine competent firms
- Mitchell Construction LLCJames and his work crew were very fast, reliable and affordable. Everything was done just as we asked. He wasn't the contractor to push you in a certain direction of things, he took our ideas and made them come true. Our entire house was built in 6 months. He is very professional and conducted business in a professional manner. He is very trustworthy and affordable. If we wanted him to change something, he fixed or changed it with a smile on his face. Definitely have recommended him to family and friends
- PEAK ROOFING & SIDINGWonderful work! prompt & clean! have had a cat 1 hurricane (reformed ike) a couple yrs ago & roof has held up beautifully! we were one of the few!
- Mitchell Construction LLCIt is still in the beginning stages, so not much to report; however, to this point, James has been knowledgeable, punctual, professional, and easy to work with. I will update my review upon completion of the project!!
- Anthony Farmer RoofingCalled Anthony Farmer regarding an estimate on new roof for my home and garage.He came within 2 days of my request. Upon climbing up on and inspecting the roof onmy home, he came down and told me very honestly that as much as he could use the work,he saw no indication that I needed a new roof at all. I was shocked and very impressed withhis honesty and integrity. With shingles missing off of my garage, I knew there was a true needthere. Anthony advised me as to which material would be best for me to use, explained how theprocess would go, and ensured me great care and protection of my property should unforseen weather occur. The job was completed in 3 days as he and his crew were working in the earlymorning and late afternoon due to the very high temperatures of over 100 degrees. He wasmaticulous in collecting and disposing of the removed materials
- Arts ConstructionTheir work was outstanding and have never seen it done quicker. They were very punctual and communication was excellent.
- Mitchell Construction LLCJames Mitchell installed 7 support piers. These were installed the correct way with poured concrete footers. My inspector, Rob Pruitt with TRC Consulting, reinspected the work after its completion and said that it was a fantastic job and that no corners were cut.
- DEK CONSTRUCTION INCWork went very fast and efficiently. Workers were always on time and did work as told. Workers may or may not have done task before and were inexperienced in some things.There for the work was not always done well but done as good as they could perform. I suggest getting using specialists from dry walling on
House Builders in Mayfield
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens
- Business Description:We offer a 5% discount to veterans.Recent Review:Everything went very well & everything was accomplished except for coming back this Spring/Summer to paint the steps. This still needs to be completed. Scott Morrison is the owner & will take care of the final step once he has an opening. His helpers were very courteous & cleaned up everything before they left last FallDianne R.
- Business Description:Free estimates, LLC we are all self contractors I run a three man crew. Additional email - email@example.com.Recent Review:Mr. Carrico was fantastic. I called him due to several leaks in our roof. Not only did he contact me several times, but was able to send me information via text. What impressed me the most is how he was able to analyze the cause of each of the leaks - which were all caused by different problems...as an example, one leak was caused by rodent damage to an area on the roof. The best thing about him coming out to the house is that he explained exactly what was wrong and what it would take to fix the problems. Our roof has not had not work done on it in almost 20 years and I knew it will need to be totally replaced. However, I am waiting until I have funds to do this. Anyway, I also liked the fact that he told me that which of the two repairs might last longer than the third one. I was aware that you can only patch something so many times - so having him be honest about the work was appreciated. Now I have an idea what I need to start planning on....and he did not use pressure tactics on me to do a huge expensive job right away. I think his quote was reasonable. We set a date for him to come out to do the work...and I will then provide an updatedPaul T.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:Expert House Movers brought a crew of 6-8 & came in late August 2013 to start the process of raising & moving the house. My husband had done all the prep work of disconnecting the utilities & removing the furnace, etc. They dug access ramps to the old foundation/basement with bobcats. They poked good sized holes around the foundation so they could put in steel beams and jack up the house. Our foundation was from 1917 & built from old creek gravel cement, so it was pretty tough. It took three & half days to jack the house & move it over the driveway. It seemed really fast to me. The only thing to fall in the house was a picture off the piano. We still had access to the house through a tall ladder to get clothes, etc. that we needed. <br /> We took over the process of arranging excavation, concrete pouring, and carpenters with more local contractors. Expert does have concrete people & others they use in the St Louis area that know exactly the requirements needed for the new foundation. <br /> After the basement was poured & cured (curing takes about 3-4 weeks), Expert returned in October 2013 to move & set the house. They had been in contact with the concrete man for specifications, but there were no slots for the beams when setting the house down. A concrete worker had to come & cut those slots. We had a carpenter on hand to finish the sill installment & make sure the sills for the permanent beams was correct & set the support posts in the basement. We also had a friend's tractor help Expert's bobcat pull the house back over the foundation. While all this was going on, Expert was jacking and moving supports & placing slider beams & raising & lowering the house. The process was complete in about 2 1/2 days with care & precision. Some of the cracks in our house even disappeared. Great job guys. <br /> Our carpenters returned to build a staircase & some other requirements. We are working on re-connecting utilities & returning the furnace, water heater, etc. to the new basement. We plan to move back into the house in the first week or so in November 2013. It's been a long process, but well worth it. Made possible by Expert House Movers! <br /Teri S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:I received my radon results in a timely manner. I did not hire them specifically, (so, I cannot say I would hire them again) the local company contracted them for this service. The home inspector I hired, handled this service for me and included the results in his reportIlene E.
- Business Description:Mike's Wood Creation's apply s the best all around sanctification for our customer's Guaranteed. We special's in bathroom & Kitchen remodeling and can also do other job's if it is what the customer whats or needs. The job will be done right the first time
- Business Description:Cannamore's stone is currently (2014) located in Metropolis, IL. Family/Veteran owned and operated.
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
- Recent Review:Called Anthony Farmer regarding an estimate on new roof for my home and garage.He came within 2 days of my request. Upon climbing up on and inspecting the roof onmy home, he came down and told me very honestly that as much as he could use the work,he saw no indication that I needed a new roof at all. I was shocked and very impressed withhis honesty and integrity. With shingles missing off of my garage, I knew there was a true needthere. Anthony advised me as to which material would be best for me to use, explained how theprocess would go, and ensured me great care and protection of my property should unforseen weather occur. The job was completed in 3 days as he and his crew were working in the earlymorning and late afternoon due to the very high temperatures of over 100 degrees. He wasmaticulous in collecting and disposing of the removed materialsDebbie D.
- Business Description:low-bid home repairs offers all types of interior and exterior home improvements at affordable prices. i myself have been in the construction business for over 25 years and have had the opportunity to work in several different areas of the country. we are registered state and federal tax id # 80-0666389 we give a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a 3 year warranty on all labor, call for your free estimate 606-528-3770ask for stev
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Find home builders in
home builders in Mayfield
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- Low-Bid Home Alterations & Repairs198 Dantley Dr
- Low-Bid Home Alterations & Repairs
- Mitchell Construction LLC342 Calvert Dr
- Mitchell Construction LLC
- NVR Inc11700 Plaza America Dr 500
- NVR Inc
- Woodall Companies Roofing and Construction607 South 4th Street B
- Woodall Companies Roofing and Construction