Brick houses were the standard of the 19th and 20th centuries, and they’re looking to make a comeback. Using this guide, you’ll get a better understanding of the benefits of owning a modern brick home. Find out if a brick exterior is right for you.
Get matched with top masonry contractors in Valparaiso, IN
There are 12 highly-rated local masonry contractors.
Recent Masonry Reviews in Valparaiso
- Advanced MasonryI’m beyond happy with the services I received from Advanced Masonry. They took care of everything from getting the permit to the clean up at the end. The crew was very punctual and overall professional! My chimney was breaking down to the touch and now it’s so beautiful, all at a great price! I highly recommend this company, ask for Ken, you can’t go wrong with his work! Free estimate read less
- Kerry Masonry & RoofingI called Pierce Power of Kerry Masonry because of the outstanding reviews on Angie's List. And boy were they right. Pierce literally called me back within seconds of my original call. He came out right away and evaluated what needed to be done. We have in addition to traditional tuckpointing at our office we have some glass block panels that were leaking.I wasn't sure if the panels themselves were leaking, or the window vent was the source . Pierce recommended he address certain issues and I was so impressed with his thoroughness that i wound up turning down another contractor for the job in favor of Kerry Masonry and i had worked with the other contractor before and liked his worked. That's how impressed I was with Pierce. the work was done and it looked impressive. The real test was how it would hold up in the rain. Please keep in mind the bulk of the work performed was not done on the glass block windows but rather the masonry all over the building itself. Only two glass block panels were the source of the leaks at the time and one of them seemed to be completely cured. The other window still had some leaking . I looked over pierce's work and could not imagine that it was related to anything he did.So, what I did is i called the glass block people out and the thinking is that the window vents might be the source of the problem and what he did is he tightened the seal around the vents and thought maybe that would do the trick. The glass block company saw that some caulking was done and commented on how well done it was. Unfortunately, that did not do the trick so i called Pierce and we found maybe one or two areas that MAYBE needed some touch up work which he did. Well, the glass block panel leaked again so i called the glass block people out again, and their thinking now is that we need to replace the vent and actually make it a little smaller . We will see how that goes. + The glass block people came out and changed the window vent which was old and cracked and they said it was this that the water was coming in from. in all actuality, Kerry Masonry corrected what it could correct and the rest of the problem was solved by the glass block people . Kerry Masonry was outstanding to deal with as they were absolutely professional all the way read less
- Perma-Seal Basement SystemsThey arrived 35 minutes late without calling to let us know. The installation of water guard system, laundry tubs and breakup and removal of elevated concrete pad went well.
- Affordable Tuckpointing Pros LLCThe work was done on time and well. And at the low end of his estimate. and with better results than he predicted.
- Affordable Tuckpointing Pros LLCThey were really good, prompt and reliable. When I called the company, I believe it was the wife that works with him who said that he would come out and give me an estimate during the week. He actually came out on a Saturday or Sunday, and I was impressed because it was a beautiful sunny weekend day. They came out the very next day. The guys came out in the morning and were done faster than expected. The work was beautiful, and the price was affordable. I would recommend them to others. They were very polite, quick and efficient and cleaned up after themselves. I would rate them highly and would use them again in the future if necessary read less
- Steve Coleman MasonryI could not be happier with the work. I could not be there when the work was done, my wife was. They were very professional and friendly with her. Their work is outstanding. The cost was in line with other estimates we received. Thanks Steve and Crew!
- Steve Coleman MasonrySteve is a very hard working professional contractor. I called him on a Monday morning left a short message of what I was looking to have done and he returned my call that same day, came out the next day to discuss the different options I had as far as placement, height, overall size per USPS regulations. the following day before I had decided on what design I liked, he had already called for location of underground wires, pipes and so on. I sent him a picture of one I had seen via e-mail and the same day he sent me back a quote which was several hundred dollars less than 5 other companies that I called! Within two weeks from the day of the quote being sent until completion. If he had any ideas whiling working on the enclosure to make it more appealing or different from anyone else's in the area he would suggest them and come back twice in same day just to show my husband what he had showed me earlier. Just a really super down to earth contractor. This was the second job he had done for us, which I will fill out another review form read less
- Steve Coleman MasonrySteve and his crew arrived about 8:30 am and were there unitl 4:30 pm. They worked very well as a team. The old chimney had holes and was leaking down the chimney into the kitchen. They tore down the old chimney and then rebuilt a new chimney including a new cap, flue and flashing. The new chimney looks wonderful and we have also gotten a couple of compliments what a great job they did. We also got two other estimates and they by far had the best price. We would for sure use them again and recommend them to anyone looking for a masonry. Very happy with the job read less
- Steve Coleman MasonryHe was prompt knew his business did what he needed to charged as he said he would over the phone. Steve, don't forget about installing the limestone railings come spring
- Steve Coleman MasonrySeveral masons were contacted, Steve offered options to complete the job and presented what we felt was the best solution. Steve and his team were professional and courteous. Everything was completed in the time line discussed and we are very pleased with the work performed.
Masonry Contractors in Valparaiso
- Business Description:Specializing in Stone masonry. We always guarantee your satisfaction and won’t leave until the job is done right. We take pride in ourselves and on the quality work we provide, while always delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered, then call --or-- click to schedule a free estimate today! read lessRecent Review:It was pretty good. They got the job done.Jeremy w.
- Business Description:Our Call Center is Open Late For Scheduling Shop-At-Home Appointments. Luxury Layouts Flooring, offers carpet, tile, hardwood, laminate, life proof, and waterproof flooring at excellent prices. Know what you need? Great! If not, let our knowledgeable staff help you. We can assist you in deciding what would best fit your space! Contact our team today if you are interested in our Shop at Home Service. Our Flooring Specialists will engineer your project and help with color, design, and style! Ou.. read less
- Business Description:For over 40 years, we have been providing over 400,000 homeowners throughout Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana with their basement waterproofing and structural foundation issues. With our free estimates and uniformed professionals you get the best value in the industry, and the peace of mind of a healthy home. We have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and the BBB's 2016 Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics. If you have plumbing, concrete lifting, crawl space encapsulation and .. read lessRecent Review:Romy came out to provide a quote for repairing our driveway. He provided his honest opinion that it wouldn't make sense to proceed with the repair due to the extensive damage, and he suggested repouring the driveway instead (which they don't do). I really appreciate his honesty. Also he spent a lot of time answering my questions about basement waterproofing, which is a project we are not pursuing at the moment but if we do in the future we will definitely reach out to Romy read lessMartin K.
- Business Description:Four Seasons Heating, Air Conditioning, and Plumbing began as a father-son business operating out of a Chicago garage in 1971. They went from home to home repairing furnaces and air conditioners with the goal of offering their customers honest and competent service. No extra charge for 24 hr emergency service. Additional contacts: Chicago 773-413-1505 & 773-413-1028, South suburbs 708-406-3002, Southwest suburbs 815-306-2471, West suburbs 630-210-3352, North & Northwest 847-201-3222 , Northwe.. read lessRecent Review:Rep was friendly and professional. Provided insight into the problem and solution so I could make an educated decision as to how much I wanted to spend on repairs. Provided Options for me to consider. No pressure. Very knowledgeable. And now I have air again. Highly recommend read lessJesse W.
- Business Description:General repairs, maintenance, in business since 1999 family owned and operated. We also do kitchen and bathroom remodeling. Any of your repair needs we can do.Recent Review:Raul and his team did a great job! The crew was very professional and the quality of work was great. What I appreciated the most about my experience was that they showed up promptly everyday and finished our job before moving on to the next. We’ve renovated two houses and have experienced the frustration of going multiple days with no one showing up, or working two hours then leaving to work on another job. Raul got the job done in the time frame he established from the beginning. We will definitely use him again. read lessKimberly S.
- Business Description:Acculevel is your foundation repair expert, serving Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky, and Ohio and been in business since 1996. Most of our repairs come with a life of the structure warranty. Acculevel begins by evaluating your entire foundation system, checking your property for the signs and causes of foundation failure. From foundation & crawlspace repair to waterproofing & encapsulation systems, Acculevel can help you protect your home-- possibly the most valuable investment you'll ever make. .. read lessRecent Review:I'm very pleased. I had concerns about dust and fumes from the epoxy. The dust was minimal and fumes were not an issue at all. If I had to do it all over again, I'd set up a box fan with filters, as I've seen on YouTube, but even without that, the dust was not overwhelming. The workers arrived on time, explained what they were going to do and welcomed my checking in on them. When they went to lunch, they cleaned up their work area, (even put the toilet seat down in the basement bathroom), something I didn't expect at all. I had questions when they were at lunch, and the salesman got the answers I needed quickly. A couple of things I would change about this process: 1. After they were done, cleaned the area for the day, and put their equipment away, one of the workers invited me downstairs to approve their work. If I had not approved, it was a bit late for me to object as they were packed and ready to go. I suggest in the future the homeowner be asked for their approval before everything's packed up. Their work looked good, but this seemed like a manipulative tactic that wasn't appreciated. 2. The more experienced of the two workers explained early on that he needed to remove some insulation but assured me he'd put it back when he was done. When I saw that he'd not put it back, I mentioned it. He refused to put it back, saying "It doesn't matter". It was an odd way to end a perfect job up to that point. I was totally pleased with how everything was handled, and then that comment and behavior from him just put a bad taste in my mouth. That evening or the next day, I received a very nice gift from the company that was just a really nice touch. A couple of weeks later, we had heavy rains and I experienced water along the walls where the work was done. Within a week of me raising the concern, an arrangement for a technician to visit my home was made. I appreciate their prompt attention to the matter. I expect it's very simple like needing more epoxy at the base of the straps, so I decided to go ahead and submit this review. It's difficult to find trustworthy people to do work in your home. I'm very relieved I found a company that is totally worthy of that trust and highly recommend Acculevel. The work they did looks good and solid read lessLora B.
- Business Description:Your family owned fireplace & chimney service. We are small enough to care and big enough to give you a good quality service, offering free estimates and you can also call us for advise on any fireplace & chimney questions read less
- Business Description:At our Naperville, IL Design Center you’ll have access to the most extensive collection of flooring and home solutions in the Illinois area. If you’re thinking about flooring and home furnishings including Kitchen and Bath cabinetry for your home, we invite you to stop in and speak with our experienced team of professionals. We’re happy to offer you free flooring design consultation, advice, and estimates on floors of all styles and patterns, all in an effort to help you choose the best floor.. read less
- Business Description:Moore Construction, Inc. is a licensed, bonded and insured specialist in roofing, seamless gutters, soffit, fascia, and vinyl siding. We are celebrating our 27th year in business. We serve all of the Chicago Land area including most suburbs and Northwest Indiana. We are family owned and operated, and you deal directly with the owner, Michael Moore. All of our work is guaranteed and performed by our uniformed employees, with supervision on every job. Commercial & residential. We offer free ins.. read lessRecent Review:Excellent work repairing our roofs. We were especially impressed that, after the first visit, when we discovered that one spot on the roof was still leaking, workers returned, no questions asked, to revisit the work at no extra cost. It now appears to be fixed. Professional, polite, and diligent team read lessSally M.
- Business Description:Tailored Masonry provides brick and stone masonry for all new construction as well as any restoration project. Combined industry experience of 30 years in commercial and residential building and restoration.Recent Review:It was really good. He showed up right on time and provided the best work I'm looking for.Nathan H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful masonry contractor articles
Paver maintenance may not be top of mind when you’re outside enjoying your patio or driveway. But if you want to keep your outdoor space looking fresh and updated, you should follow our tips and learn how to maintain your pavers.
The cost of brick siding and veneers can depend on several factors, including the thickness of the brick and whether you choose to use real brick or manufactured stone. The average cost to install brick siding for a 2,500 square foot home is about $18,000
Find masonry contractors in
- Burns Harbor
- New Chicago
- Lake Station
- Beverly Shores
- Union Mills
- La Crosse
- Crown Point
- Michigan City
- Long Beach
- Trail Creek
- Kingsford Heights
masonry contractors in Valparaiso
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Dirt Work850N N 173 W
- DK And Sons, LLC15473 W 800 S.
- DNA Masonry Restoration131 Ridgewood Lane
- DNM Construction LLC.220 Main St.
- DUNELAND LANDSCAPE LLC157W W 1050 N
- Dunes Construction LLC1421 E. Dunes Highway
- Dirt Work
- Illiana Masonry Inc14055 W 93rd Pl
St John, Indiana
- Illiana Masonry Inc
- JE Roofing & Construction Inc3249 211th St
Chicago Heights, Illinois
- JE Roofing & Construction Inc
- NICHOLS MASONRY207 Eastwood Dr
- NORTHWEST FIREPLACE & CHIMNEY,LLC.153 W US-6
- Northwoods Construction LLC2698 N Van Gogh Dr
La Porte, Indiana
- Nowicki Construction1248 WESTPORT ROAD
- NWI Masonry, Roofing & Home Improvements7425 Colorado St
- NICHOLS MASONRY
- Perma-Seal Basement Systems412 Rockwell Ct
- Pittman & Nava Construction LLC3864 N 900 E
- Preferred Roofing & Exteriors902 S Randall Rd SteC #317
Saint Charles, Illinois
- Premier Concrete_219-608-04163466 s state road 104
La Porte, Indiana
- Proformance Caulking & Tuckpointing600 west north street
Crown Point, Indiana
- Pulaski Roofing & Building Construction47 West Polk St Suite 100-220
- Perma-Seal Basement Systems
- Schane Stone Construction17214 Holtz Road
- SMALLS LANDSCAPING INC310 N 325 E
- Smiths Construction Services1690 Starwood Dr
- STAR ROOFING & CONSTRUCTION3539 N Milwaukee Ave
- Sterling Construction & Home Remodeling9219 Indianapolis Blvd. D
- Steve Coleman Masonry18350 Gladville
- Schane Stone Construction