7 signs you have a problem or an issue with your garage door.
Get matched with top garage door companies in Sandpoint, ID
There are 0 highly-rated local garage door companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Garage Doors Reviews in Sandpoint
- OVERHEAD DOOR CO OF POCATELLOOverhead door replaced the springs in 2017 for my garage door. It is a very heavy door - over 300 pounds. In November 2022, one of the springs installed in 2017 broke. The springs were supposed to last for 10,000 cycles or 10,000 openings with the subsequent closing, which means I would have had to go in or out of my garage 10 times a day for the springs to be used 10,000 times. There may be days when I do enter or exit the garage 10 times, but many more days when I don't. When I inquired about the 10,000 figure, Overhead Door said that 3 to 4 years is about right. (My first set of springs had lasted over 12 years. On November 21, when I inquired about coming to repair the door so my wife and I didn't have to manually open and close it, they said that December 10th was the soonest they could come to do the repair work. I made inquiries of other companies with similar results, up to 2 weeks before they could come to repair the door. When I went to their store on North Harrison a week later, (November 28 or 29th) to see if I could get it done any faster or if there was warranty coverage, the company said it was now December 21st before they could come and gave me the story that 3 to 4 years was about correct timeline for spring failure. They were neither solicitous or apologetic about the length of wait for repair or the early failure of the springs on the door. I was leaving on vacation and needed the door repaired. So with the help of my handy-man BIL, I decided to attempt the repair myself. My BIL did some research and ordered the springs. In his research, it became apparent that the springs which had broken were not the correct size for the weight of the door that I had on my garage. He ordered a size larger, which is what was recommended by the manufacturer because of the weight of my door. In addition to replacing the springs after the spring had originally broken, I manually lifted the door with a great deal of effort, but in attempting to close the door after moving my vehicles out of the garage, the stress on my garage door opener as the door closed far too quickly with the remaining spring, my garage door opener was destroyed, which I also had to replace along with the new springs. I completed the repair and replaced the garage door opener and now all is functioning well. My conclusion was that the inappropriate springs were installed in 2017 by Overhead Door company. So they failed long before they would have under normal conditions. In addition, I received no consideration or interest from the Overhead Door Company when I called them to seek their assistance. I will never use them again for repair or new installation of garage doors or associated equipment because of their poor customer service and their failure to install the appropriate equipment
- Overhead Door Co of Eastern IDWe purchased four 10 x 10 garage doors from Discount Doors Company, aka Overhead Door Company of Eastern Idaho in 2008. The installation of the doors was done on schedule and the quality of the doors themselves has been acceptable, except for the weather stripping. The design of the weather stripping is oddly poor and has probably replaced with a new one. Rather than a large tube pointing down that would spread in both directions from the door when closed, thereby maintaining contact with the floor along any irregularities, the mount is such that, rather than rather than the stripping bulging against the floor as it should, it holds the tubing at an angle to the floor so that the tubing simply flops to one side and there is no contact pressure. For a time the resilience of the tubing worked after a fashion, but then grew stiff and needed to be replaced. Nothing could be done about the design. I was going to replace the weather strip tubing, but found a second design flaw; the tubing edges are in an open sided tube in the metal mount that seems to have been crimped, preventing it from sliding out the end for replacement. But for that, Home Depot sells a variety of garage door weather stripping that would work. That was a few years ago and I called Discount Doors Company/Overhead Doors of Eastern Idaho intending to purchase what I assumed would be a proprietary weather stripping kit. The woman who answered didn't know about a parts request, so hollered to a man who hollered back saying that there was nothing available. That was it. No help, no conversation, no suggestions, just nope, not available. They could not have been more indifferent to the need of a customer. I've put up with the problem for too long and simply must find a solution, so I recently called again, thinking that since they sold a lot of these doors, in the interest of good customer service, the owner or someone would have found a solution, but was met with the same nope and indifference. Have I told people I've known who were building a garage about my experience? You bet and will continue to do so
- Garage Door MedicsOur job was the first one of the morning, and the service man (Dion) called ahead to advise us that he was headed to our house and would be there in 20 minutes. He made it in 10. Dion gave our Martin glass/aluminum 17' door a thorough inspecton, including the opener. All systems checked out fine, but he did a complete lubrication of all rollers, springs, and surfaces making an already quiet door almost completely silent. Overall, Dion was very courteous, punctual, and professionally knowledgable. Definitely a positive experience. We recommend Garage Door Medics
- J & J ConstructionJerry and the entire crew did an excellent job. They came out and met to review the scope of the project and then worked up a bid. They began construction shortly after obtaining the building permit. They finished the project exactly on bid. The building was finished in a professional manner. They even enclosed all outside wood in painted custom formed metal, so there is nothing needing to be painted every few years. We highly recommend their work and we would not hesitate to hire them if we need a contractor in the future
- J & J ConstructionJerry was amazing. There was a bit of a wait until he could get to our project, but once he did, he did a terrific job. He worked well with my elderly parents, and listened to their concerns, and wants. He was extremely knowledgeable and experienced in every facet of the work he did. He was very conscientious about doing quality work, and he made sure that the repairs would last and that they were up to code. I love the way it all turned out and I would recommend him to anyone, without reservation
- Crawford Door Sales Of IdahoThe service man was very knowledgeable and nice with the installation. He was surely professional.
- Haney Door ServiceI called Haney door service in the morning, I was told they will be able to make it after 5pm (I needed to do errands), they called to check if I was at home prior to 5PM. Checked my garage, fix what needed to be fixed, and done! Very professional. Highly recommended!
- Overhead Door Co of Eastern IDRepairman showed up on schedule at the time we agreed to the day before. Because of the type of spring that was installed years ago, he needed to return to the shop for the necessary parts, but came back within the hour. Work took about an hour to remove and replace the broken opener. Repairman was courteous and explained why the model of sprin I had was "antique" and not been used for over a decade. He also did a general cleaning of moving parts
- RUSS'S OVERHEAD DOOR AND AWNING INCThey were very helpful . This is a great company with ver knowledgable People. I would recommend them to anyone.
- Western Wholesale SupplyA competitor and quot;Russ's overhead doorsand quot; had quoted a 400.00 repair job to replace a and quot;bad motorand quot; on the garage door opener. The problem was a simple piece of hardware that had to be re-installed. I was extremely pleased with the service.
Last update on December 31, 2022
Garage Door Companies in Sandpoint
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage door company articles
Your bug-free garage space is just a few hours of hard work away. Learn how to build a DIY garage door screen in this step-by-step guide.
By taking care of your garage door, you can avoid a costly repair bill down the road. Use this guide to learn how to maintain a garage door, so it lasts for years to come.
Find garage door companies in
- Priest River,
- Clark Fork,
- Spirit Lake,
- Bonners Ferry,
- Moyie Springs,
- Hayden Lake,
- Dalton Gardens,
- Coeur D Alene,
- Post Falls
garage door companies in Sandpoint
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- BULLDOG CONTRACTORS, INC.16024 E Sprague Ave
Veradale, Washington 99037
- BULLDOG CONTRACTORS, INC.
- Complete Garage Door Service4968 E French Gulch Rd
Coeur D Alene, Idaho 83814
- Complete Garage Door Service
- Garage Door Supply Co151 E Main St # 2
Santaquin, Utah 84655
- Garage Door Supply Co
- Landmark Home Warranty10701 S River Front Pkwy #200
South Jordan, Utah 84095
- Landmark Home Warranty
- Reeder Home Services3037 N Howard St
Coeur D Alene, Idaho 83815
- Reeder Home Services