Patio Covers Unlimited

Founded 1993 • With Angi since April 2007

2.4

2020 N Elder St

Nampa, ID 83687

Family owned & operated. Additional phone - (888)689-9555. Additional contact name - Angela Richardson. Additional e-mails - angela@patiocoversunlimited.com

01/28/2021

cee C.

BEWARE before I tell you about this company I think you should know about there address they are hiding for reason they do not want to get bad reviews. This company wants you to think they are in this boise address. They are not they are hiding out in Nampa idaho 2020 N elder st. nampa idaho 83687 phone number is correct 208 8841229 BEWARE bad company will use cuss words and threats and will install you a piece of trash. porch roof will fill up with water and fall on you. This company lied to us about getting a permit Then we had to call permit guy, he said you have no permit for our address the porch company lies. They also denied about the height of the porch being 11' as requested in the beginning. They raised the price five different times during the time we hired them in august till the date they started working and still doing it in february 21. They sent us out one man to do a project on a porch this was a big mistake the porch roof fell on the house and scratched the whole house and dented the wood siding. The porch has major roof leaks because of this and was finished poorly on the top of the roof. This is because it is a bent totaled roof now. And they went ahead and installed the bent totaled roof anyways. Permit guy says it needs a lot of attention and it is not going to make it. Blew out our electrical making us have to pay out our own pocket to fix a dust to dawn light and a reset plug socket. They will not schedule a time to come out to your house around my schedule instead they come when they want to. and then they do not show up when they say. I paid them half the fee up front and they are demanding more than other half now even though that was not in the agreement. The permit comes with the fee quoted in beginning we pay half we only owe half. WE also have a voice recording of them stating the height and sprinklers come with porch no extra fee they are denying this now too. One man is not acceptable to do a project on a porch that is 11' by 23' very unsafe company go with someone else. Our porch is a totaled damaged product Check with BBB and angie list and google you can see other companies before you go with any company. You will also see other people complaining about their verbal and etc. abuse. They are charging us for a storm door which we do not have we only got a screen porch door installed etc. The wind was 17 mph and makes lots of creaking and cracking noise pulling wood siding off of house so they did not attach it properly. BEWARE Do not give them a review until the last day they finish because on second or third day the guy wanted us to put a review on their site on how good things look when it is not complete. If you put a review early and they do a crappy job you can not go back in and edit it later if they do a bad job in the end. BEWARE That is the game they play. and more They did so much more wrong to our property including concrete and sprinklers than we can post.

Description of Work
screen porch and concrete

Category awnings, decks, sunrooms, patios

We are not trying to hide out anywhere. We have a website that shows our current address, clearly Angie's List has our previous address. (member information removed) are simply trying to get out of paying their bill for a project that we completed in mid December. They refuse to accept or respond to our phone calls and emails. We have tried no less than 20 times to contact them to address any issues they have. We researched them and found that they do this to all of the contractors that they hire and they were charged with multiple crimes in Florida. We have threatened to file a lien on the property and have started legal proceedings to collect the money that they owe us. I'm not interested in addressing all of their crazy claims against our business but if another potential customer would like to know more, we would be happy to discuss in detail.

01/29/2018

Susan W.

the install was great. The follow up for existing problems in non existent. They will not return calls, or fix the problems

Description of Work
patio cover several years ago

07/05/2017

Robert K.

This company is just one broken promise after another. Promised to have it installed in time for our family that was visiting. That was three weeks ago and I still don't even have an install date. Never return phone calls and when you get them on the phone they never have an answer other than we will call you when it is time to schedule. Their price is the same as all the other patio cover installers. Just run away and don't even think about using them. I sure regret giving them a 50% deposit. I'll update the review with a quality grade if they ever install it.

Description of Work
Patio cover instal

10/31/2016

June D.

Not good took way to long to do the job

Description of Work
Patio cover and slab

Category awnings, patios

We did not install anything at [Member Information Removed]. Ms. [Member Name Removed] is not our customer.

06/11/2015

Sally H S.

The completed patio enclosure leaked like a sieve, resulting in damage to new subflooring. In three return visits, Patio Covers' only solution was to keep pouring more caulking on the seams, which made no difference with the leaks. Following their final visit, their response was that they didn't know what to do to repair it. It has cost us over $5,000.00 to have another contractor dismantle and reinstall the entire patio enclosure kit correctly. Patio Covers' final response to us was that, once we sought additional professional help, it was no longer their problem anyway.

Description of Work
Sold and installed patio enclosure kit.

Category awnings, sunrooms

04/09/2015

Gigi J.

The employees are very nice as well as the owner Rod. One of the doors had screws sticking out and they just came out and replaced the door with no problem.

Description of Work
They enclosed and screened in a large patio and added 3 doors.

Category patios

07/02/2014

Petra T.

Let me first say we are very pleased with the patio cover and concrete. It's a gorgeous addition and is exactly what I had pictured when we contracted with them. The price is very competitive. The concrete guy, Jimmy, did the best concrete job of all the three I've had done over the last 15 years. We went into contract on 4/18/14, with 1/2 down of the original quote. We were told it would be 4-6 weeks out to have a completed project. It was completed 6/13/14. My issue is the total lack of communication and appointments/promises not being kept. The job started late and stalled for almost a week. The only communication I received was when I called looking for updates because things weren't happening when I was told they would be. I was given a couple different excuses for this, but really, that is not what the review is about. All the frustration I experienced with this company came from their over-promising and under-delivering. I felt like I was told what they thought I wanted to hear, when in fact all I wanted was the truth. Just one example is this: after it was completed it rained and there were quite a few leaks. I called in on a Monday and talked to the woman who does the schedules for the guys in the field. She told me to let it dry out and we scheduled a fix for Friday. On Friday at 3:30 I called because no one showed up. It turns out, everyone had Friday off and she didn't remember talking to me, anyway. I didn't understand if they had the day off (for something very important and that I had been hearing about from multiple people for quite a while) then why was I scheduled in the first place - whether she could remember talking to me or not? In the end, it's done, it doesn't leak, it was permitted and inspected, although I had to call for final inspection because it was never called for by them. It's only been done for a little over a week, so time will tell, but so far so good. I would recommend this company as well as use them again. But, i would make sure anyone I referred knew that they need to be very upfront about their scheduling needs and to insist on communication from the start. If there's no sense of urgency or scheduling requirements, then you're better off. That's how I will be the next time...just pay 1/2 up front and then, surprise...one day you come home and have a patio cover.

Description of Work
Installed a patio cover and poured additional concrete

06/19/2014

Charles K.

Installation was fairly acceptable, although we had to call them back twice to re-do some things. The problem is either the installation was not done properly or the cover is defective. There is no practical way to close out the rain gutter. They have promised twice to come out and look at it but didn't show up.

Description of Work
Had aluminum patio cover installed.

10/21/2013

Susan H.

There was a leak between the exising roof and the new sunroom. Workers came once to fix the leak. They were unsuccessful. More than 3 calls later and no service I quit calling them.

Description of Work
Added A Sunroom (enclosed)

Category sunrooms

09/05/2012

Jeff H.

Terrible, poor communication, time delays blamed on suppliers, shoddy workmanship, we were very disappointed. This company over promised and under-delivered.

Description of Work
Installed aluminum pergola and hand rail on my deck.

08/22/2012

Jim K.

These folks are great to work with! They recently installed a pergola for me, and they did a great job as I described in my previous review. I called and asked the owner (Rod) if it was possible to extend my pergola an extra 5 or 6 feet. He came out personally and took a look and said that the sales guy (who no longer works for them) who did the specs originally, should have suggested a longer pergola in the first place. So he sent his installer out, who was great to work with as well, and added the extension at no cost to me!! Now that's what I call SERVICE! I highly recommend these folks for all of your patio needs! They offer a great product at a fair, reasonable price, give great service to back it up, and are just a pleasure to work with. I will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
Install extensions on an already existing pergola.

Category awnings, decks, sunrooms

07/26/2012

Jim K.

I got bids from 5 different companies. All of the companies had about the same lead-time for installation (4 - 6 weeks), but the bids varied widely. Patios Covers Unlimited gave me the best price. In fact, after I visitied their showroom, they lowered their price to beat a bid from Idaho Patio (which I showed them), and they offered a better product too. I also met with the owners and asked about the 1 negative Angie's List review regarding service issues. They gave me their side of the story and I concluded that they actually met all of their service commitments, so I went with their bid. I finally got my Pergala in mid-July (about 6 weeks after I accepted their bid). The installation went very smoothly. The installer was very personable, arrived on-time, and went right to work. In about 2 and-a-half hours, he was done. The Pergala looked very nice, but in retrospect, I wish I had ordered one about 2 - 3 feet longer (I.E. 18ft instead of 16ft). My only surprise was the cost. I thought that I would be spending about $1200 tops for a Pergala of those dimensions. However, after receiving 5 bids, with $2200 being the lowest, I realized that I underestimated the cost of materials (mostly). I didn't realize that the cost of aluminum was so high. If I ever have a need for servicing, I'll update this review.

Description of Work
Install a 16ft x 14ft pergala on our patio.

Category awnings, decks, sunrooms

04/30/2012

Peggy A.

Initially the work was well done, the installers were professional. However, once the 'rainy' season began, we saw leaks along the edges of the cover, including a space between the house and cover that was never taken care of. I have called many times in the last 2 years and have never had a follow up visit. Spoke to the owner and his quote to me was 'our covers don't leak, it must be the gutters.' I would never use this company again nor would I recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
We had a Patio cover installed.

03/21/2012

Frank J.

They put a patio cover over our back deck. They were excellent.

Description of Work
I used the services of Patio Covers Unlimited for awnings and remodeling of patio enclosures. I last used them about a week ago.

Category awnings, sunrooms

02/19/2012

Allan C.

The installation is most umprofessional in almost every regard. The follow up service was nonexistant up to and including this date (2/19/12). Roof leaks were our first problem which were solved by other contractors. The actual "finish" work is unsatisfactory in many aspects both inside and outside. Now, all of the curved glass has failed and lost its seal. The seller/installer has been of absolutely no help in perfecting a warranty claim on the glass replacement including six (6) of the upright windows in the room. The warranty is for ten (10) years on the glass, but the labor is on the owner. It is our plan to demolish this hunk of junk and replace it with a stick-built room. Not real good recovery on our original investment!!!

Description of Work
They sold us a sun room and constructed it. It immediately began to leak and their repairs were unsatisfactory. We had to contact outside help and then argue with the seller/installer as to the repairs.

Category sunrooms

06/01/2011

Margaret M.

Contracted with Rod, Angela's husband and partner, for front and back decks to be replaced and patio cover added in back. Rod is very good at sales, pressure noticable upon reflection. Rod said aluminum decking wasn't in although rails were, as well as patio cover parts. Said switching to Fiberon decking since aluminum decking problems so bad they were being replaced - and weather was holding up the shipping of aluminum. Why did he sell it to me to begin with and sing its praises? Products don't work together so my aluminum rails can't take pressure. They are only visual boundaries. Steps done not in accordance to warranty requirement. Rod said I'd have to pay a lot for steps to be done correctly. Since I never got a warranty on anything, I guess it doesn't matter. Kept asking for warranties, even before final check and he kept promising. Workers (who never saw installation instructions) said Rod puts customer info in computer and manufacturer sends warranty info. Rod said warranties would be mailed, were in the mail, mystified manufacturers never sent and finally Angela said I was supposed to enter my own warranty info (only they had the specifics!!) with Fiberon. Decking planks damaged - gouges, broken corner, scratches. Took a complaint to the State to get planks replaced with off-colored ones. Also fought for aluminum posts bottom covers to keep out wasps and got grief for it. Filed another complaint for warranties. Flyer info is not a warranty, in spite of what they insist. Got a warranty card for one manufacturer with false dates and I was supposed to sign and send in. Gave it to the State investigator (I think he showed up because I mentioned Rod had let his contractor's license expire a few months). Angela, after an email that she was working on the warranty issue with a vendor, went stealth until I emailed her and then she sent an email that she didn't know what was wrong except I was one of those people who is never happy. I sent copies of emails and letter to Idaho State fairs and State. Just 1 or 2 more complaints and the State can open an investigation. I'm the only one who has filed. Wish I had my sturdy decks with useable rails even though they demanded staining. Wish I'd never met Rod or Angela Richardson. This work was done in the winter so the guys set up a little bbq for warmth. Burnt hole in lawn and moved to front where they left big burn in railroad tie between lawn and driveway. Left lots and lots of trash, mostly small cut pieces, as well as empty nail boxes and rags. Could easily fill regular trash can.

Description of Work
Contracted to have front and back decks replaced and a patio cover in back.

Category decks

Member contracted with us in late September 2009 to replace the wooden decking on her front and back porch with aluminum planks, replace the wooden handrail with aluminum handrail and install an aluminum patio cover with skylights. At a point shortly after the contract was signed Rod spoke with Member about some recent issues we had with the aluminum decking and they mutually decided to go with the composite decking instead of the aluminum. At that time we had just repaired several decks as a result of some blistering on the aluminum. The composite deck was available locally and we had no issue with the quality of the product. Originally her project was scheduled to be installed in early November. She requested that we wait until after Thanksgiving to work in tandem with her roofer. When construction began Member asked if we would also replace 4 of her existing wooden posts with our aluminum posts. We did so without any additional cost to her. Her project was complete and she paid her balance in full on December 16, 2009. 3 weeks later she sent an email stating that she was expecting our installers to return for the "finishing touches" and that she wanted them to bring her warranty information. Our installers don't deal with the paperwork but our secretary mailed her warranty information in late January when she mailed out all of the final paperwork for customers completed in December. Since we are the contractors and not the suppliers the "warranty" paperwork includes the information needed to register you product for warranty with the supplier. Each manufacturer has different requirements and the deck supplier requires that the warranty registration be completed online by the homeowner. If the homeowner does not do this, we can't do it for them. Member sent several more emails over the next couple of months stating that she never received the warranty. When I found out that she never registered online for her warranty from the deck supplier I sent her the information again. I don't know what document she says we put false dates on. The only information that I supplied to her were the dates of installation. In mid May 2010 Member called to let us know that some of the decking planks were damaged. When our installers went out to inspect the damage they saw a few slight discolorations. In June Rod went out to inspect the flaws and could not see anything but told her that we would replace the 4 planks that she thought were flawed. We scheduled our installers and they replaced the planks in early September. We did not charge her for the product or the labor. On September 8, 2010 we received a complaint from the Office of the Attorney General. We spoke to Member that day and he stated that he also thought everything had been completed. Member emailed that day and said that she would contact the Attorney General and let them know that everything had been completed but she still hadn't received her warranties. I mailed another packet of warranty information to her with instructions on completing the warranty information online for the decking. In early November 2010 I received a visit from someone at a state agency wanting information about the complaint. We thought this issue had been resolved and were really taken aback that this complaint was still active. We contacted Member and she replied with an email that she just wanted her warranty for her deck. I explained again to her that I could not issue her a warranty for the decking; that she had to contact the supplier to register her deck. Not until we saw the complaint on Angies List did we know anything about her assertion that our installers damaged her lawn or left a mess. In all the email and phone communication with her she never mentioned any issue with the installation or clean up. At the time the installation was complete there was a substantial amount of snow on the ground which could have made it difficult for the installers to clean up the small aluminum shavings. But we have never had an issue with our installers damaging property or leavings rags and boxes of trash. If this had been mentioned it would have been dealt with immediately. We feel that we have done everything possible to satisfy this customer. We built her deck, patio cover and handrail exactly as she contracted with us to do. We replaced 4 existing wooden posts with aluminum posts to match her new patio cover and handrail. And we replaced 4 decking planks that she felt were defective. If we could do anything else to satisfy her, short of refunding the cost as she has suggested, we would do so. We have had a successful business since 1993 because of the high level of customer service that we provide. Yet, on occasion, we can fail to satisfy a customer. As always, we will strive to make improvements as we receive feedback from our clients.

04/16/2009

CONNIE G.

It went very bad. They falsified paperwork, their secretary did. The patio cover, after a year, still leaks. They broke a water line and this has been 18 months ago. The walkway was 8 inches too high. I gave them instructions to not go forward with the project until I was back from out of town and they ignored that request and went ahead with the work anyway. I used this provider through another company and the other company is trying to work out something with me reluctantly.

Description of Work
They put a patio cover on and quite a bit of cement in the back yard.

Category decks