Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Clark Fork, ID
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Clark Fork
- J & J ConstructionJerry and the entire crew did an excellent job. They came out and met to review the scope of the project and then worked up a bid. They began construction shortly after obtaining the building permit. They finished the project exactly on bid. The building was finished in a professional manner. They even enclosed all outside wood in painted custom formed metal, so there is nothing needing to be painted every few years. We highly recommend their work and we would not hesitate to hire them if we need a contractor in the future
- J & J ConstructionWe are more than satisfied with the work done by J&J Construction for the residing and window/door replacement project. The crew worked hard when they were here, and always completely cleaned up the job site when the left at the end of each day. Jerry provided lots of ideas for our residing project - he is at no loss for ideas! This was really helpful, as we had not even considered board and batten siding, but it was a good choice for our house type and for the southern wind and sun exposure. The job foreman was quick to pick up on problem areas which always crop up in older homes: *Roof drainage in one corner was a problem as it overwhelmed the existing gutter and caused water to funnel in at the top of the window - not a good scenario for keeping water out. He and Jerry worked out a good gutter arrangement that channeled less water to that corner and moved water away from the top of the window. We had a couple of rainstorms that proved it's worth. *The job foreman noticed a problem on an side exposure that was not in the original scope of work where the flashing was in front of the old siding, and suggested we reside that bit as well, putting the flashing behind the siding to prevent water from getting in. The crew paid attention to details: They took the time to re-stain areas after expansion/contraction exposed new unstained areas. They replaced old unpainted screws on the window trim around the remainder of the house with new painted screws around the entire house, so that the new trim and old trim would be more uniform. A minor detail, but it blended the old and the new together. Jerry gets pretty busy and missed an email from me on work scope that caused a delay in waiting for a window to arrive - but he is very responsive to phone calls. We highly recommend J&J Construction, hands down
- J & J ConstructionReally well. They were so helpful with suggestions and taking care of even the small details so that everything was done right. Very easy to communicate with, very practical, and very knowledgeable.
- All American Remodeling & Handyman ServicesThese small projects went according to plan. Darin did exactly what we agreed to and did a good job of cleaning up the mess and disposing of all trash and wrecked out tile and wood.
- All About Remodeling and Handyman ServicesWow!! great company, of course will call again. They have knowledge about so much and good ideas. The people are dependable and happy workers so they are great to have around. They really wanted to do what I needed in a way I would be happy with.
- All About Remodeling and Handyman ServicesIt was great the whole experience with them. Awesome work my kitchen is custom and mine. Indoor barbecuer is sweet.
- All About Remodeling and Handyman ServicesListened to what we wanted done and setup a contract based on what we wanted and payments. Had us walk through the work and see how each step was going and if met what we were expecting or if changes were needed. He was flexible on any changes and cleaned up after job.
- BRADY'SI have an older water softener and had difficulty finding anyone willing to work on it. When I called Brady's they also said it was not a brand that they service. However, when I told them that I was having a hard time finding anyone to help me, they took my information and did some research. It took a week for them to get back to me, but when they did, they had found that the controller on my water softener was manufactured by a company that also produces controllers for water softeners that they do work on, and they had the parts in stock. They came out a few days later, on time, and had it fixed within about 20 minutes. They were polite, friendly, and professional. Their efforts saved me hundreds, if not thousands of dollars, on replacing my water softener. Thank you, Brady's
- G And T Designs LLCThey came in, completed the work in what I thought was super fast, it took them a few partial days. They hauled all the old building materials away. Every time I came home from work I had neighbors in my yard staring at my french doors. (They love them but probably not as much as me.)
- Daniel's Quality Home Repair LLCDaniel's Quality Home Repair built me a high quality blanket cabinet for storing guest blankets and extra sheets. The piece of furniture is beautifully crafted and very functional. It's over 6 feet tall and is sturdy enough for the children to pull the blankets out of play in. It is built to my exact specifications and was done quickly and efficiently
Contractors in Clark Fork
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business providing a wide array of home building and maintenance services. Flooring, decks, interior and exterior painting, rot repair, siding installation, complete roof replacement and repair, remodeling, installations, and much, much moreRecent Review:Core / Stacy was on time and worked in a professional manner. He cleaned up after each segment of the job and finished quickly. We really liked his work and this was a good experience.Phil M.
- Business Description:G&S Customs specializes in residential new construction, remodeling, additions and insurance restoration. We are a licensed, bonded and insured contractor serving Coeur d'Alene, ID and the surrounding area. We pride ourselves with completing each job on time and at budget, while maintaining safety and quality craftsmanship. When you work with G&S Customs you will only be dealing with a single company. Let us handle the legwork for you and simplify your project. We provide consultation for own..Recent Review:AMAZING!! I am almost reluctant to write this review as I don't want to share Jerry with anyone else! My master bedroom and master bathroom transformation are nothing short of phenomenal. Jerry's knowledge, professionalism and patience with a remodeling newbie like me are unparalleled. We hit a few snags along the way and Jerry walked us through it and dealt with the issues with ease. We could not have asked for a better experience. We have many more projects in mind for him in the future. Details: Complete replacement of master bedroom flooring, moving walls, creating a closet with custom, built-in shelving/hanging storage, painting, replace/update trim and doors. Complete overhaul of master bath, creation of custom, completely tiled shower room with soaking tub, all bath fixtures replaced, floors and walls tiled, linen closet with built-in shelves addedMichelle F.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:*******24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICES *******Home,property, and building services. ALL PHASES, large or small remodels, FREE ESTIMATES, Accept ALL major credit/debit cards, 25 years experience. ****Lowest Prices In Town GAURANTEED***Recent Review:They never showed. Not at the original time or the rescheduled time. I was billed for work that was never done. The work was not even started let alone completed and I was billed in full. Do not use this company. Extremely unprofessional!!Charlie M.
- Business Description:Magic Valley Structures, LLC is a family run business located in Heyburn, Idaho. We are fully committed to offering quality wood sheds, garages, carports, barns, animal shelters and custom structures. We do not use sub-contractors for any of our work. Our service areas include, but are not limited to; Twin Falls, Boise, Pocatello, Idaho Falls and Sun Valley regions, Northern Nevada, Western Wyoming and Eastern Oregon. It is our belief that honesty and integrity are the keys to success, and w..
- Business Description:Complete design service including interior, exterior, space planning, electrical and all aspects of home design.Recent Review:It went very well. We had to have them back twice for minor adjustments, but nothing major. We were absent during the install, and they handled it well in our absence. The owner communicates well by phone and email, and has a great personality. <br /WILLIAM B.
- Business Description:We Offer A Wide Range of constructing services specializing in new construction and remodeling. Give us a call today we would be happy to help with your building needs
- Business Description:Building and remodeling homes since 1985Recent Review:Priest Construction and Randy Hix Construction did nothing to help solve the leaking problems. The first time I called Priest, his son was sent out to take look and he felt we had a grading issue and told us to have the property re-graded. I even offered to pay them to take a deeper look and fix it. When I called again after this last leak, I didn't get any return phone calls or emails. Apparently Priest Construction is out of business??? I called Randy Hix, who was the developer at the time, and he was the most vulgar, ignorant man I have ever spoken to or dealt with in this industry. He couldn't believe I would dare to call him after 11 years. "Good God, Woman, houses settle, what do you expect, this isn't our fault." When asked about the code violations, he denied there were any. There wasn't any, "how can I help you with this" or "I will be glad to take a look and see, but it will cost you x amount of dollars", it was just one insult after another! We have pictures of the original wall construction and I took them to the country planning and zoning who verified they were in violation of code. Best advice, stay away from these guysPEGGY D.
- Business Description:If you’re looking for high quality and personal service, you’ve come to the right place. At All Phase Construction & Repair we will give you the attention and personal service you expect. Licensed & Bonded. 15 Years Experience. Our company offers Service Calls Residential or Commercial and guarantee of work. Free Estimates Great service with a personal touch. Serving: Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai, & Pend Oreille Countie
- Business Description:Pacific Northwest Builders (PNB) is a General Contractor specializing in the construction custom residential and commercial structures/ facilities. Additionally, PNB is licensed with the State of Washington with federal certification in conducting AHERA building inspections for asbestos, Lead (Pb) Assessments for HUD commercial and residential projects, "Mold" remediation/ abatement, and Hazardous Material cleanup and remediation/ demolition projects. In addition to its construction services..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Spirit Lake
- Priest River
- Hayden Lake
- Moyie Springs
- Bonners Ferry
- Dalton Gardens
- Coeur D Alene
general contractors in Clark Fork
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Dortmund Builders L.L.C.479 Rosebush Rd
- Dortmund Builders L.L.C.
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Idaho Fire and Flood Restoration2601 Pole Line Rd
- Idaho Fire and Flood Restoration
- Nailed It Premier Services325 Ruth Ave.
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Nailed It Premier Services
- Seth Nelson Construction16955 US-93
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Silkwood Interiors9230 S 1st E
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Seth Nelson Construction
- Wellard Constructors Inc.# 9 Three Mile Lane
- Wellard Constructors Inc.