Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in Villisca, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Villisca
- LEIGHTON CONSTRUCTIONMatt and his crew did a wonderful job. They completed the job accurately and in a reasonable time. We were so pleased with their promptness in arriving - around 7:00 am each day. They worked continually, being one of the rare teams who can both talk and work at the same time. The few changes I wanted, they cheerfully did. They were non-smokers (all 5 of them!) and used clean language. My kitchen, which combined an old office area and the former kitchen into one large one, is exactly the way I wanted it. Best of all, they completed all those little tasks that come at the end of a project. Nothing left for us to finish up as has happened in the past with other carpenters
- A & J's ConstructionThey are very good. They did the job timely and it was very well built. It was a big job. They tried to get the project done ahead of time. They worked on weekends and they did a very good job. I would recommend them to others. I would use them again.
- GONNERMAN CONSTRUCTIONTim came on a Monday gave us a estimate. Tuesday the crew arrived and dug the footings and poured the cement for them. Wednesday they arrived and formed it up for the cement. No one just stood around they were constantly working.
- M & H ConstructionWe had an old back porch, approximately 5 feet by 5 feet. The windows were single pane and most were broke. No insulation. Not big enough to do much more than come in and unlock the back door to get into the kitchen. We had a vision for a porch that could be enlarged to accomodate our washer/dryer, new window, insulation, outside back entrance, new outside steps and be long enough to enclose our outside basement door by creating a walkway to a new outside basement door. Mike came over to do an estimate and carefully wrote down everything we mentioned. Within a couple weeks, he presented us with an estimate that captured all we said plus suggestions for the things that were needed that we had not considered due to our lack of construction knowledge. As soon as the weather broke in March, he and his crew came over when they said they would and tore off the back porch in a day. After the foundation was taken care of, they were back to construct the porch of our dreams. Cooperation between Mike and the concrete contractor, plumbing company, electrician and flooring people(all of which I will do reviews for) was marvelous. He was willing to work new ideas that we came up with as things went along. He took time to talk with us at the end of the day and we enjoyed his company very much. He and his crew were responsible, reliable, knowledgeable, fair and most of all, honest and trustworthy. What he said is what he did and more. Now we have our new outside steps and landing, a new back door, a beautiful room that is now 5+ feet by 15 feet, a great energy efficient window, total insulation floor to ceiling, storage spaces about the part that enclosed the basement walkway and storage underneath the porch accessible in the basement walkway and a new basement door, siding to match our garage, new screen doors and a new roof on the structure. He captured our vision!!! We have recommended Mike and his crew to many of our friends and will be contacting him in the future to side the rest of our house or for anything we need that he can assist with
- Sovern constructionContractor arrived as scheduled and performed all work per contract. Employees were friendly and provided information when requested. Foreman and owner came by separately each day of the project .
- DOUG W JOHNSON-RES/COML CONTROur experience with Doug Johnson was excellent. His work crew was very professional. They were on time every day. We had our kitchen completely gutted. They hauled away everything. They installed all the new cupboards and flooring. Doug lined up the electrician and plumber. Doug also contacted the counter top people when it was time to have them come out and measure for installation.They reset all the appliances. At the of the day they made sure everything was cleaned up and put away before they left. If we had any questions they would take time and answer it. If were not happy with something they would do their best to fix it
- J & T ConstructionWithin a week after bidding the project, they came and measured the project. While we finished demolishing the old structure and removing the debris (finished April 10, 2014) they were busy building walls in their shop to erect on site. 4 days later (on Monday, April 14, 2014) they were here bright and early repairing foundation and Tuesday, April 15, began putting them up! Now starting the 4th week, and with 4 or 5 rain days in between, they have exterior and interior walls erected (2 stories), sheathed, roof trusses up, sheathed and papered, stairway to the 2nd floor nearly completed, and house wrapped in Tyvek air infiltration barrier. Tomorrow they will begin to install windows. The quality is very excellent, they are very efficient, easy to work with (I made changes to the plan a few times), jovial and super nice guys - it's only a 2 man team. All the rooms are exactly the right size, square, and level. I am very impressed with their work. The new house is 1638 square feet 3 bedrooms, single story on each end, and 2 story in the center with the 3rd bedroom upstairs and has a balcony overlooking the living room. The main floor also has an office for my business, decently large rooms (each of the main floor bedrooms is 12 x 12 feet, living room is 12 x 15 feet not including the stairway.) If anyone needs a house or other building constructed, J & T Construction is the very best, cost is very reasonable ($31.32 per square foot - plus materials). You'll get very high quality and fast reliable work putting it up!!
- QUADE CONSTRUCTION CO LCThe design work Steve did was amazing, No architect could have planned the details to better fit with the style of the home. Once the project began, they moved it to completion as quickly as possible and minimized any disruption to the rest of the house. The workmen were courteous and professional. They confined the mess to the immediate work area and cleaned up every day. The subcontractor work (which was very little) was done to the same high standards as work done by the Quade crew. The final result exceeded my expectations; they took the ugliest room of my house and turned it into the most beautiful. I never actually totaled the cost - with work of this quality, it really didn't matter. I've worked with many contractors over the years, in several different states, and none have come close to Quade Construction's quality
- KENNEDY CONSTRUCTIONDid a great job! Project completed on time and within budget. Communicated what would happen and when and followed through. Replaced kitchen cabinets, flooring in 3 rooms, replaced tub & surround, toilet & vanity, installed lighting, did the plumbing and electrical that was needed. He was conscientious about the little details. Left the job clean and in good order
- HENNING CONSTRUCTION SVC LLCTremendous workmanship - easy to work with - attentive to details - great ideas. I can think of no other builder in our area that I would completely trust with a large or a smaller construction job. They are THE best.
House Builders in Villisca
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Additional e-mail: email@example.com. Also doing business as Wegher Construction and Wynstone Development Corp. Locally owned. Mailing address: PO Box 770, North Sioux City SD, 57049.
- Business Description:LGZ LLC, is a general contractor/Handyman specializing in residential remodeling and home construction services. We serve the GRISWOLD, MO area and beyond, on projects ranging from additions, to both small and large remodeling and renovation jobs. Some of our specialties include: Additions, Kitchen And Bathroom Remodeling, Finish Carpentry, Framing, Windows & Door Installations, and many other Home Improvement Services to name a few. Call today for the area's best
- Business Description:Specializing in optimization of aerobic bacteria in water using a patented aeration system to infuse oxygen
- Business Description:Kitchen and Bathroom remodling, additions
- Business Description:General Contractor, in business since 1957. Total new construction commercial and residential. Remodel of all types commercial and residential. Rigid building pre-engineered metal buildings. Call Me!
- Business Description:Locally owned by Kevin and Jill Sundall, and serving the Iowa Great Lakes Region, Spencer, Spirit Lake, Esterville and surrounding towns for 20 years. We feature Amwood custom homes and: Complete remodeling Cabinet installation Countertop installation Kitchen remodeling Bathroom remodeling Room additions Sun rooms Custom cabinets Entertainment centers Fire place surrounds Garages Amwood Custom Homes, by Sundall Construction offers luxurious living with affordable prices. We have..
- Business Description:Downing Construction of Indianola, IA, has been a leading general contractor in central Iowa since 1966. We have concentrated in residential construction and commercial construction, refining and perfecting the total project management process over the years. When you need a construction company to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget, and with the interests of our client foremost in our minds, look to Downing Construction, our project managers and project superintendents, for..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- Red Oak
- Burlington Junction
home builders in Villisca
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Cabinets By Stac508 W Sheridan Ave
- Christian Bros. Excavating L.C.2070 485th Street
Sioux Rapids, Iowa
- City Builders2009 Center St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Courtney construction company
- Creating Spaces528 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa
- Creative Home Renovations2909 20th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Crittenden Design Building Systems207 Iowa Ave
- Cabinets By Stac
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- John Fair500 Pershing Ave
- John Fair
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- Pfantz Construction406 4th Ave NE
State Center, Iowa
- Pfantz Construction
- Wooden Ways2032 260th st
Grand Junction, Iowa
- Wooden Ways