Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Ottumwa, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Ottumwa
- QUADE CONSTRUCTION CO LCThe design work Steve did was amazing, No architect could have planned the details to better fit with the style of the home. Once the project began, they moved it to completion as quickly as possible and minimized any disruption to the rest of the house. The workmen were courteous and professional. They confined the mess to the immediate work area and cleaned up every day. The subcontractor work (which was very little) was done to the same high standards as work done by the Quade crew. The final result exceeded my expectations; they took the ugliest room of my house and turned it into the most beautiful. I never actually totaled the cost - with work of this quality, it really didn't matter. I've worked with many contractors over the years, in several different states, and none have come close to Quade Construction's quality
- DL Construction LLCDarrell did a superb job building my cedar wood fence along with some chain link fence. I also had Darrell build me a front porch railing and fix out side door knob and my bathroom door knob. he did a great job thank you jeff lieder
- KENNEDY CONSTRUCTIONGreat! Brian was great to work with - he communicated his scheduling and availability. He set reasonable time lines and expectations - and delivered on each and every one of them. Brian is truly a pleasure to work with, and a rare find in his trade. Excellent craftsmanship, reliable, professional and friendly, he really is my one stop shop for construction and remodeling services. I give him a solid thumbs up and my highest recommendation
- P R ConstructionI was working along side of them. They build everything from a small building to a large one. They might be on the higher end, because they are organized, and get the job done quicker. They good ratings on everything.
- LA COSTE CONSTRUCTIONLaCoste Built all the walls and exterior of the House that has a 3 stall attached garage. They were always there on time if not early and they work very hard and very fast. Their work was not compromised by working fast. They did what we asked(we didn't want nails used on the floor so they used screws, no questions asked), The boss and his family came out on weekends to see the progress. Was very personable and professional. They are meeting all deadlines and are ahead of our schedule. They are not doing the siding or the roofing as I personally know how to do these things. They were willing to work with us on letting us do the work we know how to do
- JIM BURESH CONSTRUCTION COIt was a wonderful experience building with Buresh. They take care of every detail and fix most problems before you even know about them. They insist on top quality and will accept no less. Work is completed on schedule and on time. Sub-contractors are courteous and do what they are supposed to. Could not have asked for a better experience. Our home was actually completed a full two months early
- Allen Masonry ContractorThe building was is sorry shape and we had searched for a while for someone to come and fix it. We had several other bids. All were out of our price range. Then some one recommended Allen masonry. He came down and gave us a reasonable bid. We liked him right away. Very easy to talk to. He's very knowledgable. We agreed to the bid and he was there early the following monday. It took approx. 2 weeks for completion. It looked better than i had anticipated. The final price was 2 thousand $ cheaper. Tj and his crew were Fantastic. They went above and beyond what was expected. They cleaned up every day and when they left it was like they were never there. I will highly recommend them to everyone i know, i would call them again. You won't find a more hard working, fair, excellent quality of work, anywhere. I cannot say enough good things
- M & H ConstructionWe had an old back porch, approximately 5 feet by 5 feet. The windows were single pane and most were broke. No insulation. Not big enough to do much more than come in and unlock the back door to get into the kitchen. We had a vision for a porch that could be enlarged to accomodate our washer/dryer, new window, insulation, outside back entrance, new outside steps and be long enough to enclose our outside basement door by creating a walkway to a new outside basement door. Mike came over to do an estimate and carefully wrote down everything we mentioned. Within a couple weeks, he presented us with an estimate that captured all we said plus suggestions for the things that were needed that we had not considered due to our lack of construction knowledge. As soon as the weather broke in March, he and his crew came over when they said they would and tore off the back porch in a day. After the foundation was taken care of, they were back to construct the porch of our dreams. Cooperation between Mike and the concrete contractor, plumbing company, electrician and flooring people(all of which I will do reviews for) was marvelous. He was willing to work new ideas that we came up with as things went along. He took time to talk with us at the end of the day and we enjoyed his company very much. He and his crew were responsible, reliable, knowledgeable, fair and most of all, honest and trustworthy. What he said is what he did and more. Now we have our new outside steps and landing, a new back door, a beautiful room that is now 5+ feet by 15 feet, a great energy efficient window, total insulation floor to ceiling, storage spaces about the part that enclosed the basement walkway and storage underneath the porch accessible in the basement walkway and a new basement door, siding to match our garage, new screen doors and a new roof on the structure. He captured our vision!!! We have recommended Mike and his crew to many of our friends and will be contacting him in the future to side the rest of our house or for anything we need that he can assist with
- GONNERMAN CONSTRUCTIONTim came on a Monday gave us a estimate. Tuesday the crew arrived and dug the footings and poured the cement for them. Wednesday they arrived and formed it up for the cement. No one just stood around they were constantly working.
- Hometown Builders - Robert HoltonI had done the main structure and roof for my shop, do to my wife's health I needed someone to step in and finish the exterior and trim work. Bob and his brother not only did excellent work, but provided me with excellent advice and direction when I wasn't sure about a specific detailed question they would have for me. They handled a problem with the garage door order which they found out was not correct, even though I was not available. When I returned the correct door was delivered and they returned to install it. Home Town Builders Inc has a BuildZoom score of 90 and is rated in the top 30% of 3,518 contractors in Rochester, MN area
House Builders in Ottumwa
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:The end product will be your Blue Prints, Floor Plans, Notes or drawings (non-technical nor artistic required) designed and converted digitally into 3D (Isometric) full color digital images. (animation available). The purpose and value of my service is convey ideas and purpose of my Clients (Architects, Designers, Artists, Contractors, Home Owners etc.) into images from 8.5 to 11" to Large format such as Poster Board or Bill Board size for advertisement or demonstration, Video 3D animation al..
- Business Description:Additional e-mail: email@example.com. Also doing business as Wegher Construction and Wynstone Development Corp. Locally owned. Mailing address: PO Box 770, North Sioux City SD, 57049.
- Business Description:Wooden Ways is a General Contracting Company Owned and operated by a Master Carpenter with over 40 years of experience we specialize in building Furniture , Cabinets , pretty much any thing you can think of using Reclaimed Wood we also can and will build too suite your need
- Business Description:Ask for details
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- New Sharon
- North English
- Melcher Dallas
home builders in Ottumwa
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Cabinets By Stac508 W Sheridan Ave
- Christian Bros. Excavating L.C.2070 485th Street
Sioux Rapids, Iowa
- CHRISTNER CONTRACTING, INC.17587 HWY 34
- City Builders2009 Center St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Courtney construction company
- Creating Spaces528 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa
- Creative Home Renovations2909 20th Street
Sioux City, Iowa
- Crittenden Design Building Systems207 Iowa Ave
- Cabinets By Stac
- Dave and Son Construction1770 285th Street
Marble Rock, Iowa
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- DAVID EHRENHARD CONSTRUCTION17665 74TH ST
- Downing Construction Inc2500 W. 2nd Ave.
- Ducts In A Row939 Main St
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- Dave and Son Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Hummell's Construction415 E. Becky Lane
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
- Hummell's Construction
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc2185 Fox Ave
- Northwest Builders of Iowa Inc
- Wooden Ways2032 260th st
Grand Junction, Iowa
- Wooden Ways