Home insulation has many benefits: it’s energy-efficient, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective. It’s worthwhile but requires planning. We’ve laid out the key things to know before installing home insulation.
Get matched with top insulation contractors in Mediapolis, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local insulation contractors.
Recent Insulation Reviews in Mediapolis
- L & L Home Solutions With Universal Windows DirectThe company came and explained their windows and the process of replacing our old ones. They emailed us an estimate and came one more time to measure. They sent several workers to put the windows in. They did a great job at keeping our house clean and did not leave a mess. On the last day they put the insulation in. We were very pleased with the work and the product
- Globe Siding, Insulation, & Window CoGlobe did an excellent job. During the estimate process, the reasoning for doing the steps required was well presented and right in line with Aliant's energy assessment information. The professionalism exhibited was really exceptional right down to filling out rebate forms. The consideration for our comfort and keeping us informed as the job progressed was appreciated. All air byways were sealed, attic baffles were inspected, fresh air flow enhanced, rim joints insulated. Very obvious that the customer was a priority. Highly recommend Globe Siding, Insulation & Window
- Globe Siding, Insulation, & Window CoInsulation went great. Received a lot of good information as eventually I will be moving into a full remodel of my upstairs and will need his assistance for more insulation once the remodel is done. The job that was done was done well. Cleaned up the whole area (vacuuming) as I had blow insulation put in. Made me clear on what was happening before it even happened. Was thurough when it came to showing me before and after the job was done
- LeafGuard by Home Solutions of IowaHSI did a fantastic job! Could feel house was warmer after insulation was sprayed and blown in. Looking forward to lower energy bills!!!
- Clear Choice Energy SolutionsI had Steve from Clear Choice install 2 new windows and insulate the walls of the older home I moved into last fall.
- Froggy Bottom Custom Operators LLCIt went great. They came and gave us a bid for their services, and were able to give us a reasonable idea of when they would be free to return to do the job. The arrived on the scheduled day and were able to complete the job in the number of days quoted. They did a great job keeping the work area clean and tidy
- BRIGHT INSULATIONThey showed up at 8am and started setting up their equipment, by a little after 9am they were ready to start. I watched them work for about 30 min so I could understand the process and to make sure I was comfortable with the work. When I came back about 8pm the job was complete and the house was cleaner than it had ever been. (It was fire damaged when I bought it). They did a great job at a very reasonable price and I am extremely happy with the work
- Globe Siding, Insulation, & Window CoI heard about them through the phone book and they had an ad in the newspaper. I checked with other company's for estimates as well, but they were by far the best. They were very neat and I received all the rebates for the energy efficient widows which he had avaialble for me at the time, all I had to do was mail them in. Whenever he would be late he would call and notify me of the time he I could expect him. He was always on time. They washed the windows when they were done and they quality of there work is excellent
- Globe Siding, Insulation, & Window CoJeff was very prompt and thorough. He arrived exactly when he said he would and got all of the work done in the amount of time he said it would take. As a curious homeowner I would check in from time to time. When I did, Jeff would explain exactly what he was doing and why he was doing it. When he was finished, he cleaned up any insulation that had made a mess so we didn't have to later. The best part was the savings we got from the insulation. The previous owners averaged a $300 per month utility bill. Since insulating our highest bill has been just over $300! This was our second house that we had Jeff insulate and would highly recommend him
- RetroFoam of IowaAmazing. He measured my home and gave me a free estimate on the spot. I have been waiting weeks to hear back from others for the same service. The home is in need of some major repairs (siding, windows, roof, kitchen and bathroom) and he told me about things to watch out for such as a contractor may give me an estimate on materials and hours but not on removal of old materials. He also gave me a list of detailed questions to ask contractors when getting estimates for service. He is a general contractor himself and offered advice on remodeling, building codes, and where to find information to help me remodel and update my home
Insulation Companies in Mediapolis
- Business Description:Energy Nerds know about everything to do with saving money and making homes more energy efficient. We can supply insulation, windows, attic ventilation, solar power, and even paint to save you energy. We perform free energy audits. We are passionate about energy efficiency and believe our reputation is the savings we create for our clients. Our motto is to conserve, create, and prosper! Company Website: https://howtoinsulate.coRecent Review:They were honest by explaining to me why I shouldn't blow insulation into my walls because the siding is wood and would cause mold issue. Other companies would do the work even though they shouldn't.Amanda C.
- Business Description:Iowa Green Home LLC is an industry leader when it comes to providing cost-effective energy saving solutions. Our mission is to provide high quality products that focus on helping homeowners bring down their cost of living by reducing electric bills, increasing energy efficiency and allowing homeowners and their families to live more comfortably. We are committed to being known for offering professional, dependable and reliable protection to homeowners for better energy efficiency. At Io..
- Business Description:Classic strives to provide a quality product for a reasonable price. We specialize in rigid closed cell foam for your project. The foam we use is a 2lb closed cell foam. It is three times more efficient than any other insulating product. The product is a non permeable product it will not absorb moisture and cause black mold, a perfect product for basements, attics, crawl spaces and metal buildings. We serve all of Iowa parts of Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. Give us a call for a free esti..
- Business Description:Kinzler Construction Services provides a variety of solutions for contractors, homeowners and business owners looking to increase the comfort and efficiency of their buildings. As a family owned and operated business we stand behind the work we do and our team looks forward to working with you on your next projectRecent Review:The initial consultation went well. We were sent an estimate which seemed in-line with what Mid-American estimated we would pay. Looking back, however, the estimate only included a lump sum and did not itemize each item and price. When they arrived, they tried to access part of the attic and cut a hole in the wall of a closet (which we agreed on). After they cut the hole, they realized they couldn't access the attic from there. So we were stuck with a hole in the wall which we had to patch ourselves. It cost money (I don't know how much) for them to cut a hole in our wall that took 2 minutes with a hand saw. They finished the job then took the rebate form with them. They said that Adam would get back to us on the adjusted cost. He sent another invoice, again with just a lump sum, not an itemized list of charges. I paid it. I knew it would take time to get the rebate, so I put it out of my mind. Nearly two months went by and I called Mid-American asking about the rebate. They had never received the form. I called Adam and he said he remembered getting emails that things didn't go through. But apparently never responded to them! He submitted paperwork that day and I got an email from the rebate people. They responded that they were only going to rebate our job for $367 and we paid nearly $900. This wasn't even close to the 75% they were supposed to rebate and they said they only paid 75% of the square footage that was completed. I called Adam back pretty upset and feeling they had either ripped us off or estimated the square footage incorrectly. I said I wanted an itemized list of what we paid for and he said he didn't think he could get that for me. WHAT?! I paid nearly $900 and I don't know what I've paid for??? He called back and said they had put down the wrong square footage. The rebate would now be $510. Better but still not great. Thoughout all of this, I never got an apology for any of the problems that we had. I would never use this company againKelli B.
- Business Description:We manufacture Advanced Energy Panels (AEPs). AEPs are a retrofit for historic windows or any window people can't afford or don’t wish to replace. AEPs are interior window insulating panels and can be installed in any building –office, home or industrial. AEPs have a higher insulation and air sealing rating and provide greater comfort than most replacement windows, yet they are a fraction of the cost. AEPs are custom made to fit over existing openings, protecting, preserving and improvin..
- Business Description:we do aLL TYPES OF HOME REPAIRS AND SERVICES IN PAINTING,CARPENTRY,SMALL PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL,DRYWALL PATCH AND REPAIRS AND EVERYTHING ELSE
- Business Description:Additional contact name - Lyle Gibson.Recent Review:Great! We scheduled an appointment for an estimate. The salesperson/consultant came promptly at the scheduled time. He gave us a quote which he guaranteed for 30 days since a price increase was scheduled that month or the next. He also told us how long it would take. We set up a time for the installation. Two very knowledgeable and professional men came to install the furnace. They did so with very little disruption to the household. They completed the installation well under the estimated time and cleaned up after themselves. The price was within the quoteSandy K.
- Business Description:I work with one or two guys usually, if it is a big job I may call in some more help.
- Business Description:Whether you are in the process of constructing a new home from the ground up or you need your company’s parking lot repaved, it is important to have a reliable contractor on your side. Luckily for Salem, IA and the surrounding areas, Veile Contracting Inc is here to provide contracting services. Through hard work, innovation, and a genuine concern for our clients, Veile Contracting Inc will continue to flourish as the Midwest's number one construction contracting service. For 3 years, Veil..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful insulation contractor articles
Installing a radiant barrier is an excellent way to keep the heat out of your home. Using this guide, you’ll learn how to install a radiant barrier yourself in five easy steps. Though, you’ll want to bring some friends to get the job done.
Is DIY fiberglass insulation safe? Handling fiberglass could cause a range of health issues related to skin, eyes, organs, and even cancer. Knowing how to avoid fiberglass dangers is important when planning a DIY insulation project.
Find insulation contractors in
- Morning Sun
- West Burlington
- New London
- Mount Pleasant
- Columbus Junction
- Dallas City
- West Point
- Fort Madison
- La Harpe
- Taylor Ridge
insulation contractors in Mediapolis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Beverly Foam Insulation & Coatings3106 N. US Hwy 75
Sioux City, Iowa
- Beverly Foam Insulation & Coatings
- Energy Nerds1073 Rockford Rd SW Suite D
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Energy Nerds
- GRELL ROOFING, LLC2125 LAINSON AVE
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- GRELL ROOFING, LLC
- Iowa Green Home LLC712 36th St
West Des Moines, Iowa
- Iowa Green Home LLC
- Jarvis Construction27124 Hawk Dr
- Jarvis Construction
- M & H Construction11652 Sperry Rd
- M & H Construction
- S & K Insulation Services2459 254th Lane
Guthrie Center, Iowa
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- Solar Wolf Energy202 Worcester St
- Soundrite-Acoustics, Inc.209 S. Stephanie Street Suite B-167
- S & K Insulation Services
- Towers Drywall and paint809 5th ave S.W.
- Towers Drywall and paint
- US Energy Savers602 NE Lowell Dr
- US Energy Savers
- Veile Contracting Inc301 South Jefferson
- Veile Contracting Inc