Water heaters need electricity to function. The size and type of your unit will determine how many amps you need to accommodate it. Use this guide to determine when your water heater warrants an electrical system upgrade.
Get matched with top Electricians in Marshalltown, IA
There are 5 highly-rated local electricians.
Recent Electrician Reviews in Marshalltown
- Pro Handyman ServicesThis is the second time Mark and his wife have installed kitchen cabinets, crown molding on the cabinet tops, and countertops. His work is excellent and done in a timely manner. We recommend his finish carpentry.
- Ward Electric - IowaWe were very happy with this crew. They were very professional and they did a great job the whole family's happy with all three houses and we would definitely hire them again.
- Ward Electric - IowaFantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough. We bought a house built in 1957, and the last remodel had been done sometime in the 70's. We completely gutted the main floor and attic to studs, and rebuilt from there. New layout, the whole deal. Ward did a complete rewire, new panel, data lines, cable, any residential electric you can think of, they took care of. Great guys to work with, kept us in code, answered our (sometimes dumb) questions and worked with us on last minute changes. Came out whenever we needed questions answered or last minute modifications done. Will be contracting them to complete our basement when we get to that part of the remodel. Cannot recommend highly enough. Charlie and Jared (and Jared's apprentice? Sorry forgot his name) were great to work with. If you've worked with many contractors (and I hadnt until this remodel) you'll learn that certain things can happen or issues will come up - but not with these guys. Far and away the best contractors we had...and will be using again. If you need a reference we are happy to be one
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam
- T&D Electrical LLCWell, for starters, after calling about 6 different groups in Chicago they were the first to call me back. They sent a guy to the apartment we are having electrical issues with and reported back to me promptly. The dispatcher was cordial, bubbly and anxious for my business. This team has its act together from what I can tell, at least thru the assessment process. We may use them again for an expensive fuse box-breaker box switch. I asked the handyman to send me a picture of our outdated fuse box and the dude is a natural photographer. Our issue happened in Buena Park. When you call them ask for Marianne. Tell her Paul of Iowa sent you
- Palmer Electric IncReal quick response time, very reasonably priced, had the option where he could of charged anything that he wanted but he was fair with his pricing and did a quality job.
- Mr. Electric of Kansas City NorthlandIt went very well. He was here pretty promptly. He did a couple of extra things for us besides what the big deal was. Price was good. He was right on time.
- Forest Hills Electrical Contracting IncPaul contacted me as soon as I reached out to him. I chose his business primarily based on his Angie's List ratings and comments that were posted. I was not disappointed. Paul is very professional. I hired an electrical contractor in New York City without meeting him face to face! (Thank you Angie's List and Thank you Paul for participating in Angie's List!!) Wow, was I impressed with Paul's willingness to get my job done as quickly as he could. I was under the gun to get the fuse box replaced ASAP or lose the dwelling insurance. Paul even provided me with documentation I requested in order to prove to the insurance company that a contractor had been hired and the fuse box was going to be replaced!! This bought me more time with the insurance company before they cancelled my insurance policy. The insurance agent came after the job was done and took photos and said Paul's company did a really nice job. The insurance company did not cancel my policy!!! Paul really explains each step of the process and even gives you a heads up for a potential worst case scenario, which in my case didn't happen. Paul coordinated the inspection with the City and Con Ed. He informed me and the surrounding residents that the power would be temporarily off when his crew swapped electrical boxes. He sent me regular updates, he kept me informed of the project's progress, and he sent me a copy of the final City Inspection. He only asked for a partial payment after the new panel was installed. He did not ask for his final payment until the inspection was complete with Con Ed and the City. I felt there was a level of trust between Paul and I that made doing business with him very easy. Paul is very good at communication and giving updates, which I really appreciate. He explains the process at the level you can understand. (This is a comman theme in some of his customer's comments about him.) I would definitely hire Paul's company again
- Mitchell Electric LLCVery well! Joe was the technician who came to my house. He is very friendly, pleasant, and knew exactly what needed to be done. Got right to the job and completed the work efficiently and correctly. He was very knowledgeable so I felt very comfortable with him doing the job. I told him of a couple other things I'd like done and he reported it to the office gal. I hope they send Joe to do the couple of other things I want done
- METRO ELECTRIC INCJob turned out to be much more than expected. Electrician dealt well with the additional problems. Worked steadily and still got the job done in a reasonable time frame. It was good to have an experienced person on the job.
Electricians in Marshalltown
- Business Description:Owner operated. Additional DBA: The Fan Doctor. Licensed electrician in New Hampshire & Massachusetts. Over 30 years experience.Recent Review:Had a lot of work done. I needed ceiling lights, connected to wall switches, put in for 4 second floor bedrooms, which had no existing light fixtures. Ed cut holes in the ceiling and installed 4 electrical boxes (fasten 3 studs and one brace). Then he went up into the attic, ran wire to the wall switch, and put in new double switches. He then installed 3 ceiling lights and one ceiling fan. Next he went back up into the attic and ran new wire into 5 closets, and installed lights in them. Those lights were connected to the double switches he had installed before. Ed then replaced an older ceiling light with a new one. Finally, he replaced a couple of older breakers with new ones and put in some blanks too. Ed charges a Flat Rate for the work, so if it takes longer, it does not cost more. He is very profession, shows up on time, and works hard for the entire time he is there. I plan on having him come back in the future to do some more work that needs to be doneCory C.
- Recent Review:They were very very good. On time, professional and helped me work with my insurance budget.Michele G.
- Business Description:Free Phone Consultation. Not sure if we can help? Give us a call, it's on us! We are more than happy to talk with you and discuss your computer problems. Fast service. In some cases we can help you right now! If not, we will schedule an appointment that fits your schedule. If you receive our answering service, please leave us a message. We will call you back as soon as possible. Domestic Based Support. Our company is based right here in the United States and all of our technicians speak clear..Recent Review:It went fabulously. I will not use anyone but Alexander. PeriodDiane J.
- Business Description:Spectrum Lighting & Electric LLC has always operated under strong values aimed at exceeding client needs. Our communication channels are always open, our relationship with our clients begins on the first day of contact, and only ends once they’re fully satisfied with our work. When you hire our services, you can count on us for the results you want and need. Get in touch today, and discover the advantage of working with Spectrum Lighting & Electric LLCRecent Review:The owner basically saved the day for me. by bringing this old house up to city inspectors needs.Doug S.
- Business Description:Buresh Home Solutions, Inc has been serving Iowa home owners for over 13 years. We are committed to earning your business by offering our customers more choices to meet their needs and budgets. We are pleased to offer all Angie's List Members a 5% discount up to $500.00 on their next home improvement project . We offer a variety of financing programs and in many cases can finance the entire project or offer no interest programs as well. Our team is made up of dedicated professionals committed..Recent Review:I didn't end up hiring him but they came out and gave me an estimate. I'm certain he is a good contractor who would have been a reasonable choice, I got three estimates and went with someone else.Mike T.
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:One hour to set up a 32 " TV and sound bar. We are now using 3 remotes to operate TV. Kept asking questions. Second hour was the Harmony remote. First he did not bring computer. Had to use ours. Kept asking questions. He did not connect all of our equipment, we need to get someone else to correct what he did. Our last remote programming was done in 20 minutes. Plus during this covid time, he had to use bathroomJeanne & Temple B.
- Business Description:Sternquist Garage & Tire, located in Boone, Iowa, has been your complete automotive repair and tire center since 1920. Were proud to say we only sell quality parts and tires with quality service, backed by our personal guarantee. For auto repair, transmissions, brakes, oil changes, tires, and air conditioning needs come see us today! You matter to us! Thats why our customers come back to us and refer us to their friends. Choose us! We are celebrating our 100th year in 2020
- Business Description:A & K Services of Iowa is a professional, well diversified and experienced organization offering a wide array of Construction, Business and Technical Services. Our Construction division specializes in electrical, plumbing, general building services, inspections, maintenance, janitorial and lawn care. Our Business division specializes in website design and development, graphic design, ID badge design and printing and background investigation services. Our Technical division specializes in comp..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful electrician articles
LED lights can transform the look and feel of your kitchen when done strategically. Choosing the right LED lighting comes down to understanding the temperature, brightness, and bulb shape to achieve perfect balance.
Whether they’re updating outlets or replacing your electrical panel, you need to make sure you’re hiring an experienced electrician for the job. Learn how to find your perfect pro here.
Find Electricians in
- State Center
- Grundy Center
Electricians in Marshalltown
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Frisbie Construction, LLCPO Box 242
- Frisbie Construction, LLC
- IA ElectricPO BOX 694
- IA Electric
- JB Electric L.L.C.195 S Madison St
- JB Electric L.L.C.
- Nemal Electronics12240 NE 14th Ave
North Miami, Florida
- Nemal Electronics