Even new, high-quality windows can allow noise pollution to enter your home if not correctly installed. Here’s what you need to know about why your new windows are letting in more noise and what you can do to fix the problem.
Get matched with top window treatment in Eldridge, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Eldridge
- J & H PaintingAwesome! They look great and the service was great. Very Professional, I definitely would hire them again.
- The Blind Factory GroupWe first came across this company at a home show this past spring. They were our first stop when it came time to buy. We liked their selection in the showroom and the sale price they offered. Everyone was helpful and courteous. We are very pleased with our new blinds.
- The Blind Factory GroupFast forward to 2012 when I requested an estimate for roman shades for several windows. The designer was friendly and helpful. She worked diligently to help me to find what I wanted. I went to to the shop to order the shades and it was then that she told me she had messed up in not realizing that one of the windows was too wide for standard fabric, so all of the efforts to select a fabric were for naught. She suggested I take home new fabric samples ONLY with horizontal stripes that would be best to camouflage the necessary seam. Again, I went through the selection process and went back to the store to make the order. This time she told me she realized that the fabric could be turned sideways and I COULD select any fabric that had a pattern that didn't have a specific direction. Again, I went home with samples and selected one. I went back to the store to finalize the purchase and was told the receptionist would call me the next day with the final price. The next day the receptionist called and told me the final price would be over $1,000 MORE than the estimate. Since I'd been very careful in selecting fabrics that were all in the same price range ($30 - $40 a yard) I was stunned that the price could have risen that much. I felt that I either was a victim of a and quot;bait and switchand quot; scam, or the designer made a mistake in the initial estimate and the company wasn't willing to admit that. The receptionist was polite, but couldn't explain what had happened to raise the price nearly 100%. Dos and Don'ts: Be SURE to ask the designer the cost of the fabric she uses in your estimate. If you select a more expensive fabric - be aware that the cost of the fabric is actually the smallest portion of the cost
- Unlimited ConceptsThis company was contracted through Lowes for the installation of Blinds on 7 windows. One set of vertical blinds was bent at the top and the installer said "That is normal because they are S-curve. Wait a few days and they will straighten out." The headliner was bad and the blinds were certainly not supposed to be that way. I went to Lowes to show them pictures and brought one of the vanes with me and they agreed. He came back out, took pictures of his own and claimed he misunderstood me. On three of the windows, cellular shades were installed and you could see upon installation that they were severely warped. They curved up so at each edge, there was 1.5 to 2 inches of space between the blinds and the bottom of the window, allowing a significant portion of light in. I said, that doesn't look right to me. He said, "Wait a week for them to straighten out." What BS. To his credit, he DID mention the blinds to Lowes and they were replacing them for free for me when I came in with those pictures to protest about how I shouldn't wait a week. To me, this installer just wanted to get the job done and leave without worrying about quality. When it came time for him to reinstall the blinds in four of the rooms, I was told 12pm. I called at 1:45. No call back. I called at 2:30pm. No call back. Finally at 3:40pm I received a call that he was going to Lowes to pick up the items and would be by soon. Due to problems at Lowes that were not his fault, he didn't arrive until 545pm. Why not give me a d*** phone call a few times to update me while I sit around all day waiting??? Consequently, I personally would NEVER use these people again. However my spouse did decide to use them to install cabinets. At 930am today they were supposed to arrive. I called at 950 to see what the hold up was and was told at least 1 hr and 15 to 1 hr and 20 minutes. Again, why not call to let me know things will be so late at 930am or EARLIER. I will be writing a review about this one next. However I doubt the quality of the work after the experience with the blinds install
Window Treatment Services in Eldridge
- Business Description:J & H Painting services the greater Quad Cities area and would love to talk to you about your painting and finishing needs. Additional website - www.perfectioninpainting.com. email - email@example.com 309-781-917Recent Review:Excellent work. In addition, they went the extra mile to make certain we were completely satisfied with the job.David R.
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:SelectBlinds.com is the most reviewed, highest rated online window blinds and shades store and we have the 200,000+ reviews to prove it. We offer custom-made window treatments that are competitively priced along with free shipping and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Visit our website or contact us for more informationRecent Review:None of the people that were recommended responded.Nancy P.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. Blindsgalore is the DIY-ers choice for the best selection and value in custom window coverings. Blindsgalore's goal is to make home improvement and decorating more affordable by providing easy access to the most comprehensive collection of custom made to order window treatments/window coverings and knowledgeable, friendly customer service professionals. We offer the most comprehensive collection of custom window treatments from Bali, Graber, Comfortex, Good Housekeepi..Recent Review:If I could give zero stars, I would. First, it was taking forever to get my order. When I looked at my order, they somehow had the wrong address (my former address from five years ago), so I contacted them to change the address. They assured me that the address was changed. A couple of weeks later, I was notified via email that my order was delivered but when I checked my front door it wasn't there, so I went to my old address, 30 minutes away and got lucky that the owner was there and had received my order. When I got it home the 3 roller shades that I ordered for side-by-side windows were all 4 inches too big. I followed the online measurement directions which suggested that you add 2 inches per side to your measurements for an outside mount. I should have stayed with my original measurements. When I called, they suggested that I keep an inch on each side. They re-made them, and AGAIN sent them to the wrong address - even after I re-confirmed that they had the right one. Again, I had to go to my old address to look for my delivery. This time, no one was home, so I took a chance and waited in front of their house for a while until someone may come home. Luckily, someone showed up within 90 minutes. This time they had showed up with 2 boxes! They re-made it twice (6 roller shades), all still too big! Due to the global pandemic and for personal reasons, I waited to address the issue. When I finally was able to contact them, I was sent a message that the CSR's supervisor determined that the blinds were made correctly. Therefore, they cannot offer a remake for this order. Their policy states that they will make up to 4 shades if the customer is not completely happy. However, they offered to remake the shades at a discounted price! I will not give them one more penny! Worst service ever! A $500.00 lesson learned - They stole my money and left me with 9 useless roller shades to get rid of. I do not recommend themCarla D.
- Business Description:From changing light bulbs to remodels we're here to help. We can help or install any project you have around your home. With reasonable prices and top notch customer service, J.M. Kata Handyman Services is your go to for all your home repair needs
- Business Description:Locally owned & operated. We have been serving Eastern Iowa for over 34 years. Additional contact names - Paul Zachar, Russ Seaver, Ryan Homan, Amiee Wainwright, Ashley Buol, Brian Lake, Jim Kretzschmar. Additional emails - firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.comRecent Review:Some damage was sustained to my wall by the delivery men, and they didn't repair it. So that was a bummer. Everything else (quality of installation, customer service...) was great.Sonja S.
- Business Description:YOUR ART & DECOR is a website that offers 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 piece wall art that always arrives framed. All orders have free global shipping with no minimum purchase required. We offer, hand paintings, ethic art, modern art, kids art, and many other types of framed wall art. Our window treatments come in complete sets. Our valance sets include complete valance, customization, tiebacks, wall hooks, 2 black out curtains and 2 sheer curtains all included in as little as 140 per meters. All costs ar..
- Business Description:Laura’s Designs has 1 employee: Laura provides design service; offering custom contracts to clients. Laura selects contractors and subcontractors to perform the work to ensure that each project is completed according to the specifications outlined in each estimate.
- Business Description:We offer "In Home" or "On Location" repairs for all types of furniture. "We Take Our Shoes Off." Complete protection and clean up of area while in your home. 24 yrs experience in the residential furniture service. 5 yrs in the commercial furniture service. 20 years installing servicing and repairing window teatments of all kinds. Two employees at present, with a partime employee on hand when needed. Have subcontracted warranty work, installations, and repairs for companies such as Sofa Mart, ..
- Business Description:Additional DBA - FA Management Enterprises, Inc. Cost is determined by the job.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Estate shutters are extremely durable, energy-efficient window coverings that are optimal if you live in a warm climate. Here’s everything you need to know about their cost, materials, and benefits before you install them in your home.
Buying new or replacement windows is a big decision that affects several different aspects of life in your home. Follow this guide to keep track of everything you need to consider, from security to energy efficiency to installation.
Find window treatment in
- Long Grove
- Le Claire
- Rock Island
- De Witt
- Rapids City
- East Moline
- Port Byron
- Carbon Cliff
- Blue Grass
- Coal Valley
window treatment in Eldridge
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Daily Decor5040 N Sturdevant St
- Daily Decor
- Laura's Designs405 East Mission Street
Strawberry Point, Iowa
- Laura's Designs
- Palace of Glass2340 Powell St, Suite 108
- Palace of Glass
- Randys Carpets & Interiors5454 Center Point Rd NE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Retractableawnings16300 NW 48th Ave
- Rheinschmidt's Flooring America1201 Roosevelt Ave
- RoomsBeautiful.com3547 Fairview Industrial Dr SE
- Ross Furniture & Drapery Service1615 172nd St. N.
East Moline, Illinois
- Randys Carpets & Interiors
- SelectBlinds.com7420 S Kyrene Rd #119
- The Glass Blast2212 State Street
- The Glass Blast
- Village Home Stores105 S State St Village Home Stores
- Village Home Stores
- WINDO THERMPO Box 405
Hoosick Falls, New York
- WINDO THERM
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR