From flooring to interior paint, DIY home improvement projects were popular during the COVID-19 pandemic—but didn’t always go as planned. These statistics reveal why people DIY, the risks and rewards, and when homeowners chose to hire a pro instead.
Get matched with top home remodeling contractors in Denver, IA
There are 7 highly-rated local home remodeling contractors.
Recent Home Remodeling Reviews in Denver
- LALLIER KITCHEN & BATHCould not have gone better. We've had Lallier Construction do work for us before. Never disappointed.
- LALLIER KITCHEN & BATHExcellent work on everything! Russ was a pleasure to work with. I have him working on a tile kitchen backsplash and a kitchen island.
- Josh Gilbert ConstructionJosh was very professional. He gave us a price and showed up on time to do the work. He not only did what was asked but also replaced all the plumbing under the sink with new stuff and still ended up finishing the job $100 less than the quote! Did it all in less than a day.
- BK TileThis was a great business to work with! The entire team was punctual, proficient, respectful. The job was done as described and at the same cost as the estimate.
- C & R Specialties LLCVery smooth project. We had everything ready, coordinated with plumbers/furnace company, and ready to go! We purchased most of what was needed prior to beginning. Very easy to work with and professionalism is second to none! Understanding of our concerns and excellent attention to detail. We agreed at the beginning we would do some of the work: initial demo, painting, backsplash and flooring installation. We will use this company again in the future read less
- C & R Specialties LLCCaleb did a great job. He has very good eye for detail. He managed to level and install a hardwood floor in a very old house that was not an easy task. The cabinets were hung perfectly and he even stain matched a few custom pieces to make the kitchen look even more finished. I trust Caleb and C and R specialties for any work on my home read less
- REJW Concrete & HandymanIt went very well. The work done took aprox. 15 hrs. Much faster than we expected. You can't see where the holes were in the ceiling. They wiped counters, swept floors and took trash out when done. We have already planned to hire them to do some other work in the near future.
- City BuildersThe price was what they quoted me so there weren’t any surprises. They have been around for a while so I went with them. I didn't get any other estimates. I only had certain days that I could get off and I let them know the days I wanted. They didn't get back to me and they just showed up. Luckily I had taken the days off. They were here really quick for the check. They called and said they wanted to get pictures for their book. They got the check and didn’t even take any pictures. Had they waited a couple more weeks, I would have been able to get a tax rebate. They put the windows on from the outside; they didn't even have to get in the house. I wish they had told me so I wouldn't have moved everything. I wasn't happy about those things but they did good work. The guy was actually done a half day early on the windows. I need more work done and they irritated me enough that I might not call them back, but I can't complain about the work read less
- KOCH CONSTRUCTIONWe hired Koch to remodel our kitchen. The work took several months. At the beginning of the project, we worked with Carri, who helped us design the kitchen, and she also coordinated the entire project. (painters, flooring, plumbers, electrical). She was easy to work with, and answered all of our questions. She also kept the project moving along. During the project, the employees of Koch who worked in our home were always courteous. At the end of each workday everything was put away, and the workspace was swept. The end result was gorgeous!! Since the construction, we have had Koch come back to make a few minor repairs or adjustments. They always came back immediately. I will hire them again in the future read less
- Dizdarevic ConstructionDizdarevic Construction previously completed a basement remodel at our home in the fall of 2009 so we considered them for a full kitchen remodel. To expedite the process we prepared a scaled drawing of the countertop footprint and of the wall cabinetry. We then took our drawing to a local home center and had them prepare computer generated views of the project with dimensions and a cost estimate for good (but not high end) stock cabinetry. We submitted the plans to Senad for his suggestions and an estimate. The cost estimate was only slightly higher for his own shop-made custom oak cabinets than for the store's cabinets . Getting the store estimate first and submitting it to him proved to be an extremely useful technique since it provided a starting point discussion of an eventual design. Based on Senad's reasonable cost estimate and his prior good work we felt comfortable having him do the work. The remodeled kitchen is about 16' X 12' with about 20 lineal ft of floor and wall cabinetry in a U-shaped design with a very wide countertop eating area. An additional 7 ft of floor and wall cabinets were installed along an adjoining wall. High quality laminate countertop and tile were installed . Senad himself installed Pergo laminate flooring in the kitchen extending to about 30 ft of hallways and into two closets He also installed an oak railing with turned spindles. Two Jeld-Wen windows in the kitchen and a custom door to an adjoining room were installed . A new plywood subfloor was installed throughout. We did the cabinet and subfloor demolition and wall painting ourselves. Wall preparation went well with Steve doing a great job of matching the plaster texture to the existing texture of the walls joining the kitchen. Tile installation by E.S. Tile was superb -the grout color matched the tile well and the accent tiles were perfectly placed in the field. The tile installer Elfad also suggested applying tile to the 7 ft segment of the adjoining wall and bringing it up to a window. We hadn't considered that before. That addition made a huge, huge difference in establishing continuity between the kitchen tile and cabinetry and that wall. After the demolition of the old cabinets there was an exposed pipe in the sink vent piping between the wall and the ceiling which had been enclosed in an old cabinet - quite an eyesore . This appeared in an area where the new cabinets were not to extend to the ceiling. A quick fix might have been to extend the cabinet there up to the ceiling and enclose the offending pipe in the new cabinet or perhaps to install crown molding. Not so. With some delicate sawzall work and sheer muscle new PVC pipe was re-routed in the wall. The plumber and Senad stayed quite late that night to get it done - we were impressed. The plumber also discovered and repaired a sink drainage issue that could have been a costly one if not detected. Cabinet installation went smoothly despite this writer's goof of indicating the we wanted a spice rack rather than drawers installed near the sink. As is his style, he did one of his trademark " hey - no problem" and replaced the rack with drawers - a most understanding guy. He also quietly tolerated our indecision concerning installing a laminate or granite counter tops. We don't regret going with the laminate countertops and like to say that with the money we saved with the laminate (about $2000) we had more than enough to have Senad install a gorgeous glass insert oak door which he expertly trimmed and mortised read less
Home Remodeling Contractors in Denver
- Business Description:Additional DBA - Bergen Plumbing Heating Cooling.Recent Review:It went great! They came out right away and got it working.Liz F.
- Business Description:JDM Roofing & Home Improvements has highly skilled people in most areas of construction. From new decks to complete house flips. You can always count on being satisfied when we leave. We offer free estimates and our main goal is to work with you to accomplish what you need, for a reasonable price. read lessRecent Review:It was very good. The quality of the work was good.Kevin F.
- Business Description:Independently owned & operated. RainSoft of NE Iowa offers the very best home water treatment products and plumbing services to homeowners in Waterloo, Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Marion, and throughout northeast Iowa. Founded in 1981 by Terry Bonik, who was later joined by current vice-president Rachel Faust, RainSoft of NE Iowa is an authorized RainSoft dealer capable of solving virtually any water- or air-quality problem you are having in your home. For example, if you have been dealing wit.. read lessRecent Review:We had several companies out that looked at our plumbing and also said they could do is the hot water. we even had another plumber come in and we wanted them to move our turn off valve to where we wanted to water softener all say did is move the turn off valve of foot up and said it couldn't be put in where the water softener is. rainsoft was able to do the plumbing the way we want it and we got the water softener where we wanted it. We were told by several other people that it could not be done. While I think the rainsoft water softener was kind of expensive, they were able to get the work done in the time that they said they would get it done. Thanks rainsoft read lessJeremy F.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339 read lessRecent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:ARCBAZAR provides online architectural design. Services include: New Residential, Remodeling, Interior Design, Landscape, and Commercial Spaces. Clients launch a competition for a project online at ARCBAZAR.com by providing a brief description and images/dimensions. Several Architects & Designers participate in the competition. By the end, Clients receive multiple design packages and choose the best solution. To view completed projects, please visit www.arcbazar.co read lessRecent Review:Good for initial idea generation - will not replace an architect familiar with local Building CodesJeffrey P.
- Business Description:Clear Choice Bath is a division of Marble Works, Inc and Marble Works of Minnesota, LLC. We manufacture and install shower systems that are both beautiful and easy to clean. We offer full bath remodeling services. Let our professional installers give you a bathroom you'll Love read lessRecent Review:Initially all was excellent...but then too many things were either left undone, unfinished or just subpar to the point that we finished off some of the finish work ourselves.Mike O.
- Business Description:At Stonekings, our goal is to help you turn your house/business into the space of your dreams. We’ll guide you through the decisions, providing fresh options and then stand back while you choose your favorites. We pull it all together into a home or office design that is beautiful, functional and uniquely yours. Stoneking's supervises the entire project from start to finish read lessRecent Review:They never responded or contacted me in any form.Amy P.
- Business Description:Welcome to Cabinets.com, one of the largest online retailers of assembled discount kitchen cabinets and a growing resource for all of your kitchen needs. Purchasing kitchen cabinets online is something new to a lot of home owners and renovators. At Cabinets.com, our team strives to build trust over the internet, provide the best quality service and products, as well as care for our community and environment. Cabinets.com was started in 2009 as Kitchen Resource Direct, one of the first compani.. read lessRecent Review:If I had it to do all over again, I would have went with another company. The cabinets took 3 months to get to me which that is what I was quoted so that's fine but I ordered all white cabinets and was shipped some that were blue. Also many of the cabinets were broken and several the paint was scratched off. When I contacted them I was told I would have to wait for them to be put back into production and replaced which would take another month or longer. I can't be without a kitchen that long. Also, other components were scheduled like countertops and my contractor. In the end they gave me a small discount for the broken cabinets and the blue cabinets and sent me paint to paint the blue white. The otherbroken cabinets they told me ask the things that were broken were just for shipping purposes yet all the other cabinets I looked at while I was shopping around had these corner braces in place and some were more expensive depending on the type of corner bracket. One of the drawers is completely falling apart and I was told that my contractor can fix it by installing hardware. In the end, the small discount I got wasn't enough to pay my contractor to fix many of the issues I've had with the cabinets and he also didn't have a spray gun for the paint so you can see the brush strokes with the blue I had to paint white read lessRob H.
- Business Description:Cabinet Door World manufactures quality finished & unfinished cabinet doors and ships them directly to your doorstep. Since we handle the manufacturing and shipping we offer highly competitive prices from the heartland of the furniture industry - North Carolina. We offer high quality products and outstanding customer service at reasonable prices. Feel free to reach to us via telephone or through our chat service located at the bottom right of our website. Www.cabinetdoorworld.com. Additional .. read lessRecent Review:Unbelievable! The worst customer service I've ever seen. I ordered 2 cabinet doors which were supposed to be delivered in 20 business days. I had to threaten to call the police and file a claim with the NC attorney general to get my doors. After 4 months of waiting they arrived with a crooked line in the cabinet, I made multiple attempts to get my money back, but they insisted on making me new doors which I'm sure would have taken another 4 months and might also have defects again. They would not refund even part of my money for these issues. PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. Terrible company and terrible service read lessPaul S.
- Business Description:New homes, additions, remodeling & commercialRecent Review:A contractor with absolute INCOMPETENCE in leadership that left the job UNFINISHED. They were a total nightmare to work with. The project manager left/was fired halfway through the job, they failed to pay multiple subcontractors thousands of dollars so subs quit working and started coming after me for payment, communication from the owner was at the level of a second grader, and they won't come finish the needed repairs from final inspection after nearly a year and a half since starting. Don't waste your time, energy or money with this crook read lessRyan H.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home remodeling contractor articles
When calculating the cost of remodeling a small bathroom, you need to consider the type of labor, materials, fixtures, square footage, and the bathroom’s location. Each of these factors influences the total cost of your project.
With these ideas, you'll be able to design the home office of your dreams. Yes, a home office that you'll actually want to work (and be productive!) in.
Find home remodeling contractors in
- Cedar Falls
- Shell Rock
- La Porte City
home remodeling contractors in Denver
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A&K Services of Iowa303 7th St
Grundy Center, Iowa
- Aesthetic Elements112 Eagle Ridge Dr
- Affordable Contracting & Handyman202 W North St
- Ahrens Construction620 Tremont St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- ALLIED PROPERTY MAINTENANCE170 W Mullan Ave.
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- A&K Services of Iowa
- C & R Specialties LLC31372 Yale Ave
New Hartford, Iowa
- C.T. Construction 1005 Maplewood Dr
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Cabinet Door World909 10th St NE
Hickory, North Carolina
- Cabinet Giant Kitchen Cabinets by Cabinet Giant7600 Gardner Ave
Kansas City, Missouri
- Cabinets.com701 S Howard Ave Ste 106-238
- City Builders2009 Center St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Clear Choice Bath260 S 1st St
- Collins Construction Inc1208 1st St W
- C & R Specialties LLC
- E360 Building Company1916 State St
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- E360 Building Company
- Hampton Enterprise LLC254 W Lawrence Harris Hwy
- Harting & Hunemuller Contractors516 Bluff St.
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Honest and Affordable Plumbing and Remodeling319 Baltimore St
- HUDSON HDWE PLUMBING & HEATING INC.520 Main St
- Hampton Enterprise LLC
- JDM Roofing & Home Improvements
- JDM Roofing & Home Improvements
- Laura's Designs405 East Mission Street
Strawberry Point, Iowa
- Laura's Designs
- Myers Home Impovements507 G Ave
Grundy Center, Iowa
- Myers Home Impovements
- Ohlendorf Construction303 Wentling St
- Ohlendorf Construction
- Planetary Investment1709 Jefferson St
- Planetary Investment
- Zubak Construction1610 Cottage Row Rd
Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Zubak Construction