Determining drywall prices for your project can vary depending on where you live, what type of drywall you need, and the size and shape of your room. This guide will help you calculate how much drywall will cost for your project.
Get matched with top drywall contractors in Charles City, IA
There are 2 highly-rated local drywall contractors.
Recent Drywall Reviews in Charles City
- John Holland ContractingWe hired John because he could do all the work from start to finish without us worrying about hiring multiple contractors. Great job reasonably priced.
- Premier Construction ServicesWe were referred to Adam by our daughter. We just purchased a home and were having work done prior to moving in. We knew we wanted a sun room but we were not sure about the details. Adam met with us and walked us through all the different styles of sun rooms his company has completed and gave us some great ideas. His website was really helpful in viewing some of their past projects. We were on a strict deadline to get moved into the house and Adam met and exceeded all deadlines, his crew completed the entire sun room in less than a week! Adam recommended a stone accent wall in the room to match the rest of the house and we love it! We are very pleased with our sun room and Adam was great to work with - he knows his products and helped us with design as well. We definitely recommend Premier Construction as a contractor read less
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam read less
- L&H ConstructionWhen I have a large job and need a new contractor, I always test them with a small job to see how things go. L&H Construction (Lee Harper) proved himself on a chain link fence job last fall. He paid attention to construction details, did things on time, and most importantly communicated constantly with me. My real job was spring $12K landscaping project on one of my income properties near Anschutz medical center. My big problem? I don?t live in Denver and would not be able to supervise the job. I needed someone I could trust completely. Lee called me twice per month over the winter to be sure things were scheduled correctly (and took care of snow removal). The concrete work needed to be done at the correct temperatures, and ultimately everything else (tree removal, grading, rock, permits, etc.) needed to be done so the turf could be installed before watering restrictions kicked in. Not only that, I was sending thousands of dollars for work that I could not see being done. Trust was everything? for both of us. In the end, everything was done perfectly at the estimated cost. Inspections by the City of Aurora passed with flying colors. In fact, this job was done so well, I joined Angie?s just so I could write this review. Like every contractor in Denver, Lee needs the work badly (although he would never say so). If you need a talented, responsive and completely honest contractor to handle your residential construction job? this is your guy. If you hire Lee, be prepared to use the telephone because although he amazing work, he is old-school talent and doesn't do email read less
- Good Life RenovationsTom Cisar is the owner of Good Life Renovations and is a remarkable and very talented carpenter. I would 100% recommend Tom and his crew to complete almost any home renovation. I live 45 miles outside the metro, and Tom came drive out on a Sunday afternoon for a complimetnary bid. I live in a a turn of the century and historical Victorian home. We only hire the best in our household. I will be definitley be calling Tom back for future projects to include a complete kitchen remodel. Background: I originally called Tom out in early October 2011 for a drywall and plaster repair estimate, which later was referred to another contractor.(I peeled a lot of wall paper and the walls needed to be re-skimmed and repaired. Tom was honest about his current time-frame on completing large projects and I was referred to a gentleman named Rob; who was also booked out for a good two months. We elected to hire another individual for the drywall/plaster repairs). I decided to show Tom several other jobs that I needed completed around my home. Before the bid began he let me know that he was very booked up, and that he would be at least 4-6 weeks to fit me into his schedule due to outdoor paint jobs. I 100% understood his situation due to the time of year and high demand for a contractor in the late Summer.Jobs completed:After walking Tom through my turn of the century 100 year old Victorian home, I decided to hire him for the following jobs: New bathroom installation/conversion from a bedroom to a bathroom. I hired a plumber to to do all of the plumbing work, but hired Tom to complete ALL of the finish work as outlined below. Bathroom:*Patch, skim-coat, paint, run electrical wires for new outlets, hang fixtures, install sub-floor, tile, grout, seal, and complete other misc. work. *Approx price: $2,200 Interior painting:*Paint the following rooms: downstairs bathroom, upstairs bathroom, living room, parlor, dining room, entryway, hallway, two bedrooms.*Approx price: $1350 (I supplied all of the paint, but he supplied blue tape and all rollers/brushes.) Misc projects: *Hand electrical fixtures, install ventilation grates, etc. *Approx price: $300.00 Overall, you must understand that Tom Cisar is a very competitively priced contractor. He is also a very "in-demand" contractor; dependent on the time of year. If you are looking for a trustworthy contractor, look no further read less
- RICH-WOODS INCEnjoyed how they handled the design and construction. Appreciated the professional service and clean up after the construction.
- Home Improvement 4 LessEverything on this project has progressed smoothly from start to the current stage. There were no real hiccups that weren't easily dealt with. A wall was moved, which put a heater vent from inside to outside the bathroom. They simply cut a new hole inside the bathroom, and covered over the old vent with wood flooring - matches perfectly. The owner, Rick, was always very upfront obout any concerns, kept me up to date on the daily progress, and where we stood financially. I was never surprised at any numbers, as I knew exactly where we were. That specifically allowed me to put this particular project on hold so that I could focus on a couple others. Had I not chosen this specific shower system, I know the project would be complete and have cost significantly less (fixtures were a large part of the expense, and not the labor or general materials). I couldn't be more satisfied with how things are progressing. I look forward to the finished project! Excellent work, Home Improvement 4 Less read less
- Van Meter DrywallBrett did great. He was very good about cleaning up and making sure he didn't get dust everywhere. He worked with me to make decision and took the time to explain the the different options. If we ever needed someone to drywall again we would use him.
- Pat Lennon Construction LLCIt went really well. We had to reschedule because of the weather, but they knew we had a deadline and were able to get it done ahead of time. They were very neat and clean. They came in under their estimate, much to our surprise. They were very nice and respectful to work with--it was no trouble having our kids be around them read less
- Gary Nelson PaintingThey did a fabulous job! We are totally pleased with the result. It took so much work to get all the old wallpaper off and holes filled and then totally repainted after the removal of curtain rods and shelves. Gary and Rob were easy to work with, especially when I changed my mind about the color on a whole room that they had just finished. Gary recommended the brand of paint and even helped with the paint choices; he's seen and painted a lot of homes. I was most concerned about the cleanup. The dust from the "mudding"and sanding of the holes that they patched was quite literally everywhere. I assumed that they would clean up a bit, but knowing the difference between when a man cleans and when a woman cleans, I was sure that I would have to go back and do it all again. I, thankfully, was wrong. The house is quite spotless read less
Drywall Contractors in Charles City
- Business Description:JDM Roofing & Home Improvements has highly skilled people in most areas of construction. From new decks to complete house flips. You can always count on being satisfied when we leave. We offer free estimates and our main goal is to work with you to accomplish what you need, for a reasonable price. read lessRecent Review:It was very good. The quality of the work was good.Kevin F.
- Business Description:John Holland Contracting has over 25 years of quality experience in the Home Remodeling and Contracting Industry. We provide top quality service and we know what it takes to get the job done right. I would like to look at any upcoming projects you have so please call or click for an estimate today read lessRecent Review:It was beautiful. They were all very good, very clean, very cordial and very much on time.Dawn C.
- Business Description:Complete Basement Systems is a family owned & operated business with approximately 35 employees. Since 1991 we have been part of the Basement Systems dealer network and have thousands of warrantied customers. No subs. We offer Free Estimates. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Service area includes entire Twin Cities Metro Area and Southern Minnesota. License: #BC143377. Financing available. Ask about Angie's List discount. Award winning service provider. Contact us at 1-800-63.. read lessRecent Review:The installation went well. They responded quickly to me and were very communicative. I just think that it was a bit over priced. I paid it because I had no other option at the timefernando d.
- Business Description:General Contractor
- Business Description:We are a family owned and operated business. We have flooring, lighting, 4 lines of cabinets, countertops, and much much more.
- Business Description:Interior and exterior painting
- Business Description:Flexible hours to fit your needs. Free estimates. Reliable, professional, insured.
- Business Description:Payment is due at the time service is complete. Some jobs require a 50% down at the time of signing of contract.
- Business Description:We are a general contractor we provide a unique number of things for our clients. We put the project together meet with clients on a daily basis and get them involved in the project. It is our goal to make the project as unstressful as possible for the client read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful drywall contractor articles
Plaster is a sturdy wall material that has a tendency to crack. Most plaster cracks are cosmetic and don’t pose any harm, but it’s important to find out what is causing the cracks anyway. Learn why plaster cracks and how you can avoid damage.
Drywall installation costs depend on various factors, including the size and shape of the room, the material type and thickness, and the desired finish. Read on to help determine your budget before starting your project.
Find drywall contractors in
- Nora Springs
- New Hampton
- Shell Rock
- Saint Ansgar
- Mason City
- Le Roy
drywall contractors in Charles City
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1st Construction2441 Upland Ave
- 1st Construction
- A Mark of Integrity2317 15th ave no
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- ADAMS PAINTING & DRYWALL1635 370TH ST
- Affordable Contracting & Handyman202 W North St
- AK Floor Coverings119 South 3rd Street
- Armstrong Construction314 Lantry St
- Audino Frank Construction Inc2805 W 4th St
Sioux City, Iowa
- A Mark of Integrity
- Dave Navarro ConstructionP.O. Box 1268
- Dave Navarro Construction
- JDM Roofing & Home Improvements
- JDM Roofing & Home Improvements
- Larry Elwood Construction2401 S Federal Ave
Mason City, Iowa
- Larry Elwood Construction
- M & H Construction11652 Sperry Rd
- M & H Construction
- Nawanna Construction912 17th St.
Sioux City, Iowa
- Nawanna Construction
- RICH-WOODS INC1208 1st Avenue South
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- RICH-WOODS INC
- S.W.E. Construction1000 S 7Th
- S.W.E. Construction
- Veile Contracting Inc301 South Jefferson
- Veile Contracting Inc
- Weinreich Plastering & Drywall1503 Lacy Blvd
Sioux City, Iowa
- Weinreich Plastering & Drywall