Cleaning and repairing a crawl space is a big task with many potential hazards. Find out how much it costs to bring in a remediation to make your home safer.
Get matched with top waterproofing contractors in Ames, IA
There are 8 highly-rated local waterproofing contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Basement Waterproofing Reviews in Ames
- Foundation Recovery SystemsLee, Ryan and Jeremy did fantastic work and they were very knowledgeable. They answered any questions i had. The best installers I've dealt with lately. I would recommend them to friends and family anytime.
- Midwest Foundation RepairEverything went as explained, diagramed, and promised by our System Design Specialist, Mr. Nicolas Hruska. We initially contacted just the top two Foundation Repair Experts listed on Angie's List because we can't afford to have our home repaired by anyone who lacks the proper credentials, staff, tools, training, techniques, supplies, 25 year transferrable warranty, and the hands on experience to deliver all services as promised. We are extremely pleased with the final results to take back our homes basement from poor workmanship done by the original builder and owner of our home back in 1979 We purchased the home in 2001 and unknown to us the foundation had been placed on top of clay based sub-soil which was an acceptable building practice back in 1979. Today's building codes prohibit this careless and costly practice of home site preparation for the homeowner. A word to the wise, do your home work first and then protect the biggest asset that most Americans have, their home. Respectfully, Kenny L. Hutcheson, CMSgt, USAF/USN, Ret. Indianola, Iow
- Friend LandscapingMy basement got flooded couple of years ago due to heavy rains over july 4th weekend. It’s due to my home seller’s poor landscaping work. Bill worked on this project in April 2020, and fixed this grading issue around my window well. He also did a really nice landscaping work around it, installed drain tail, catch basins, grounded gutters, and adjusted grading to improve drainage, reseeded the area. Bill and his crew is very professional and they finished the project couple of days early. He kept us in the loop throughout the project, answered lot of questions and made this expensive project less stressful. I been wanting to see how his grading project is going to work during heavy rains. Finally yesterday evening we got some heavy rains in Ankeny and I could able see the project in action. My sump pump hardly ran during the rain. I didn’t see any rain water coming into my window well. Water was nicely flowed into the drain tail and towards street. I am happy and satisfied with Bill’s work. Bill and his crew is very thorough, professional and I would highly recommend them
- Professional Contracting IowaI am very impressed with my service. We are remodeling a home for my parents and needed to ensure the basement wouldn't take on water. Chris is very knowledgeable and dedicated. He and his crew are hard-working and detail-oriented, it is obvious they take pride in a job well done! I highly recommend this company for all your concrete needs
- ANCHORED WALLSFrom the initial meeting all the way through installation, I cannot say enough about the quality and professionalism of this company. They were on time, on budget, clean and very professional.
- Iowa Foundation RepairIowa Foundation Repair, Winterset, is definitely the best in the business. Justin Porter lazer measured the basement walls and determined exactly how much they had moved over the years. After checking the cracks in the block walls, he proposed anchoring the walls without installing sump pumps. Three other companies quoted me sump pumps which included jack-hammering the basement floor. Justin's crew also installed egress windows and did a great job on those too. This was no easy job. Even though the crew had to dig in the front yard to install the anchors, when they left there was no indication they had even been there. Wow. In and out in one day. Since then no leaks even during the worst of rains. Can't say enough good about Justin and his professional crew. These guys are the best
- Standard Water Control Systems IncThey installed this system over two days in September of 2017. It was amazing to watch these professionals work. On the first day, four men broke up and removed the concrete. Then they dug up the dirt and removed it bucket by bucket. They installed the drainage system and sump pump. By the time they were done, they had completely filled a dump truck with the dirt and concrete that was removed bucket by bucket. The four were all very courthouse and hard working. They never stopped. They cleaned up their work so that the basement was ready the next day for the cement crew. The second day the cement crew came and in a few hours completely sealed the drainage tunnel. It looked great. This crew was exactly like the first crew: courteous and very hard working. I cannot say enough about the job they did. The proof of the quality of their work will come next spring but I could not have been happier with the work they performed for me
- Iowa Home Restoration & Repair, LLCGene was responsive and professional. I really appreciated that he clearly explained what he observed and offered suggestions that I might do to correct some things. I asked him if he could also recommend the things that need immediate attention and the things that could wait. His estimate included exactly what I asked for. My situation changed, and I'm unable to pursue a plan at this time. I am definitely interested is working with him in the future
- Iowa Foundation RepairWe contacted Iowa Foundation repair to discuss final details and set up an appointment to have the work done. Justin estimated that the work would take 4 to 5 days and work began on a Monday. On the day of out appointment the IFR crew was on time and introduced themselves and wasted no time in getting to work. They removed the concrete at the perimeter of our foundation and began excavating the earth needed to lay their drain system. The crew carried all the broken concrete and earth out of the basement in 5 gallon buckets. Justin’s crew answered all the questions I had as they proceeded with work and didn’t seem to mind me looking over their shoulder. We also had IFR install an egress window in our basement. The excavated the earth and cut the opening into the wall. By Wednesday the crew was replacing the concrete they removed in the foundation floor. Both we and Justin expected the windows to be ready to be installed by the end of the week. Unfortunately, due to circumstances out of IFR’s control the windows were delayed. Justin was very apologetic and it was obvious is concern and apologies were sincere. The windows were supposed to be manufactured by a local company. For an unknown reason they changed the expected completion date three times. As a result we were left with large openings in our basement for over a week. IFR did their best to board up the holes and luckily we did not experience any rain during the time. When the windows were completed Justin pulled his crew off another job and worked into the night to finish our window install. In all we had 5 small windows replaced, 5 window covers, two windows blocked in, one egress window installed, over 100 linear feet of perimeter drain installed, a new sump pump installed, our existing sump pump discharge rerouted, vapor barrier installed on the exterior walls, and new stairs built by IFR. All of the work IFR did was exceptional and my wife and I couldn’t be happier with the result. Justin’s crew was great and went above and beyond on several occasions including excavating some old bush roots next to our house with their little backhoe. My only complaint was with the delayed window install and I’m confident that was solely due to unscrupulous practices of the window manufacturer. I can only hope that all over our future home projects go as well as the one we had Iowa Foundation Repair complete for us
- Standard Water Control Systems IncWe have water leaking in basement. He looked at the area and looked at outside and suggested trying other fixes before going with their services, like getting the gutters looked at or new landscaping. Appreciated the other options versus pushing their services only and maybe unnecessarily. Will call them back if the problem persists. Kevin was very knowledgeable, showed us everything he saw, and answered all our questions. Called before he came as was done with another job early to see if earlier was good for us
Basement Waterproofers in Ames
- Business Description:Anything concrete Concrete driveways Patios Steps Colored decorative concrete New construction basements , garages. Additional phone number - (515) 986 - 0879Recent Review:After getting estimates from 5 different companies, we decided to go with Chris and the team at Professional Contracting Iowa. While they didn't come in as the lowest cost bid, they were VERY competitive. Also, our neighbor used them 6 years ago for his driveway replacement and their previous work (next door) and the recommendation spoke for itself. We are so happy we chose them. The crew lead, Bob, and his team were professional and had excellent communication with us the entire day they worked to remove old driveway and pour the new driveway. Bob pointed out several different things that concerned him as they worked...our original driveway was only 2" deep so he let us know that he'd need to take several inches of dirt out of the drive before they could pour. And after they removed the old cement, he noticed that there were issues with the foundation of our house near the garage that were original to the home. He suggested a solution and helped us remedy this before they moved forward. It meant a lot to use that they obviously wanted the work to be done the RIGHT WAY even if that meant a few extra steps. They were very detailed about their work yet efficient. They completed the removal of the driveway and pouring the new cement in one day. They came back the second day to cut and power wash the cement. It's the 4th day now and it looks great. I had a couple of follow up questions (nothing too concerning) and Chris texted me back promptly to answer them (even after I had already paid the bill:)) I would highly recommend them to anyone! They are a family-owned business and I had a great experience working with themAnn K.
- Business Description:Wet Basement or Foundation Problems? Call Midwest Basement Systems. For over 16 years, Midwest Basement Systems has served the Central Iowa area fixing/repairing over 10,000 homes just like yours. We take care of "All Things Basementy!" Whether it is Basement Waterproofing, Basement Structual Repair, Mold and Odor Control, or simply a Nasty Crawl Space call us today. Our estimates are free, our standards are superior, our workmanship is the highest quality, and our warranties are the best in ..Recent Review:I had multiple companies who come out and they were the one who had the best presentation. The price was very comparable and the work was great. They did a great job completing the work within the time frame and cleaning upMatt G.
- Business Description:Foundation Recovery Systems, founded in 1992, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Kansas City, Moberly, Springfield, and St Louis. Foundation Recovery Systems is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and s..Recent Review:Lee, Ryan and Jeremy did fantastic work and they were very knowledgeable. They answered any questions i had. The best installers I've dealt with lately. I would recommend them to friends and family anytime.Jacob M.
- Business Description:Stapes Grading offer a wide variety of service for you. From getting a new drive way to pouring a new slab for your hot tub. Stapes Grading also has services in dirt work from grading the yard of your house to digging the foundation to your new homRecent Review:They showed up sooner then we thought they would. They was very thorough when meeting with us and was very helpful. They drive way was taken out and replaced with in a week and they did a grate job cleaning up and finishing they job. I would highly recommend them to everyonelan v.
- Business Description:Friend Landscaping has been providing exceptional landscaping services to residential and commercial customers throughout the Des Moines area since 2001. Locally owned and operated, Friend Landscaping can take any lawn and turn it into a work of art. Owner is on most jobs. We understand that customer satisfaction starts with dependable services. We will provide quality workmanship to every project, every time. Attention to detail and quality as well as doing good business are some of our cor..Recent Review:Friend Landscaping is the best landscaping EVER! I'm doing my happy dance right now. Tony did an awesome job today. He went beyond the call of duty! You can't beat the prices either.I will call them again when needed. Thanks Bill and Tony. It's always nice finding a new "FRIEND" :Barb M.
- Business Description:We have been in business since 2001, serving central Iowa. We started as a roofing only contractor. However, at the request of our clients, we have expanded to become a full service exterior remodeling company. This includes; siding, soffit, fascia, and gutters! We frequently work with our clients on insurance claims. We offer maintenance deals. We also offer financing options with third party vendors. We are a Certified Owens Corning contractor and Certified GAF contractor. Our team is train..Recent Review:The team sent did a great job! Supplies were delivered when they said they would be and the team was here to start the job when they said they would be here. With a threat of rain, they made sure when they stopped for the night that nothing would get wet that shouldn't and they worked late to ensure any potential rain did not cause any damage. When they removed the old chimney they found the wood was rotted, and replaced it without question. It took them 3 days to complete the job, but they cleaned up as they worked each day and made sure they cleaned up before they left daily. We have found no nails or trash from the job and the house and garage look great. They also took special care of two Clematis plants I have by the garage - and as they were gifts from my sons - it is greatly appreciated. We were impressed with the professionalism, and the work ethic the team showed as well as the quality of completionSharon L.
- Business Description:Here at Iowa Mold Removal, we sustain our business on quality and integrity. With over 20 years of experience we are experts in our trade and are committed to quality from the beginning to the end of your project. Whether is removing water from the house, to killing mold and making sure it doesn’t come back, simply getting rid of those pesky odors, or cleaning up hoarding situations we love working with customers on jobs of all sizesRecent Review:This is the best company I have interacted with for this service. They did everything I needed from the evaluation to the demolition and rebuild of the basement. The communication between the workers and client is phenomenal. They make sure everyone is on the same page on what to expect every step of the way. They answered all of our questions thoroughly and in a way we could understand. They provide very fair pricing for the quality of service they provide. They keep the area clean as they work and make sure to clean up well at the end of the day as well. They are very knowledgeable and keep the clients' health and safety as a priority, and is very considerate of your time. They listen and help come up with a solution to resolve the issue that fits your situation and keeps your interests in mind. We were initially scheduled to start work a week after he actually ended up getting us in. I felt very comfortable hiring them to complete the work and I would highly recommend them going forwardShannon O.
- Business Description:Angie's List Certified. Since 1977 we have been waterproofing basements. Our water control and wet basement repair services have given homeowners greater peace of mind. We have worked on more than 40,000 homes and businesses and installed more than 2 million feet of drain tile. Our award winning and experienced team -- 50 employees, many with 20+ years of experience -- know how to get the job done right. May contact through email, email@example.com or 800-978-7867Recent Review:Very professional from the estimator to the guys who dug up the basement, to the cement finishers. Their bid was much lower than others we got, but the system they installed was top notch. They discovered another problem with a drain pipe, excavated the area, and helped us evaluate the situation even though they knew it was not a problem they dealt with. Jack hammering concrete is a dirty business and they sealed off the area and cleaned up after themselves expertlyCaprice V.
- Business Description:At DCD Garage Floors, our mission is to give our customers the best service possible, so when we head home after a hard day’s work we can rest easy. We apply the most innovative and cutting edge designs in today’s market. You can rely on our professional team to make recommendations that fit your taste and style, but will always give you the final word. FREE estimates – Contact us todayRecent Review:Joe and DCD Floorings are top notch and do amazing work! When I needed a little touch up work, they fit me into their busy schedule and made the repairs needed. I would highly recommend Joe and DCD Flooring!Tim R.
- Business Description:Iowa Foundation Repair has been providing residential and commercial construction repairs in and around Des Moines, IA for over 16 years. From bowed walls, to cracks and leaks, to settling foundations and basement waterproofing, we provide quick and expert repairs, at prices you can afford. We provide free on-site estimates to provide the best repair recommendations, and will match or beat any competitor's pricingRecent Review:Called to get an estimate. Had to wait 4 weeks for an estimator (it was during the busy season, so I was okay with that). Because it was a detached garage, I asked if the estimator could look at it without me so I wouldn't have to take off work. They were okay with that, which I appreciated, however, I never heard back from the estimator. I waited three weeks and called the company, and they said they would get back to me. It's been over a month and they still haven't gotten back to me, not that it matters at this point because I've hired someone elseAnna R.
Deals in Ames for Basement Waterproofing
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement waterproofer articles
Crawl space encapsulation can reduce your energy consumption and prevent a wealth of costly issues, but is it necessary? Depends on what’s hiding under your home.
Whether you live in a flood-prone area or are someone who likes to have a plan, this checklist can help you get your home and community ready for a water-related emergency.
Find waterproofing contractors in
waterproofing contractors in Ames
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Foundation Recovery Systems2401 SE Creekview Dr
Ankeny, Iowa 50021
- Foundation Recovery Systems
- Grip-Tite Foundation Repair115 W Jefferson St
Winterset, Iowa 50273
- Grip-Tite Foundation Repair
- Hauser Plumbing & Piping1111 N C St
Indianola, Iowa 50125
- Hauser Plumbing & Piping
- Kinzler Construction Services2335 230th St
Ames, Iowa 50014
- Kinzler Construction Services
- Midwest Foundation Repair9850 Douglas Ave
Urbandale, Iowa 50322
- Midwest Foundation Repair
- Professional Contracting Iowa 767 NE Broadway Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
- Professional Contracting Iowa
- Standard Water Control Systems Inc
, Minnesota 55429
- Standard Water Control Systems Inc