Riverside Painting

Founded 1986 • With Angi since June 2006

We are a full painting and home improvement company. How Riverside Painting is handling the COVID-19 Pandemic: - Here at Riverside Painting your health and safety is our number one priority! We are Following all of the Government protocols and recommendations along with the CDC and WHO to maintain a safe distance. - We are Cleaning and sanitizing all of our equipment as well as our crew wearing gloves and masks at all times. Please let us know how we can better serve you. *We have a MINIMUM of $860.00 for any work that we do, Company Policy.*...

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

A Service Provider's profile image

+21 more images

house painting (318)interior painting (101)pressure washing (101)woodworking (70)deck cleaning (40)decks & porches (39)siding companies (36)general contractors (34)door installation (27)window replacement (22)drywall (19)roofing (12)

09/07/2022

Doug D.

We found Riverside Painting on Angie’s list and contacted them to provide a quote to rebuild our deck. Gerado came out promptly and provided an email quote for the deck using composite materials. He also brought out samples for us to choose the color. Once we decided to build, the crew was able to demolish and rebuild our deck and stairs in two days. We were happy with the construction and the crew. There was an outstanding issue getting some brickwork fixed but when it was done it looked good. During the build, we discussed the crew coming back out in a month to stain the deck and received a verbal quote. The following week we received a text saying a crew was coming out to stain the deck. We said no we wanted to wait several more weeks to ensure the wood was ready and had to send the crew away. When the crew came out to stain, they did a good job but put on one coat and it was thin in spots. We contacted Gerado and he came back out and agreed to send the crew to add another coat to the deck. We requested an invoice for the build at least 5 times through texts, emails and verbal communication. We also requested an invoice for the staining. We finally received a two line invoice for build and stain with no specifics on labor, size, material used or work completed. We were happy with the crew that built the deck and the construction is solid but communication was the problem. All that said, I would recommend Riverside painting to use for construction.

Description of Work
Deck Rebuild

Category decks, masonry, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 08/31/2022

07/26/2022

R L.

We had a problem with rotted wood siding from water damage. Riverside’s crew uncovered a much more extensive problem when they removed the siding. There was even damage to the support beams. Their crew was able to remove all of the rotten wood, replace it, and paint the area. They corrected the source of the problem so there should not be any further water damage. They worked expertly, quickly, and professionally. We highly recommend them for painting and so much more.

Description of Work
Needed their services on repairing water damage to exterior wood siding.

Category handyman service, siding, pressure washing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 07/25/2022

05/05/2021

Shane W.

Riverside initially seemed like a good painting/home improvement option -- worked with Gerardo and Jenna who were both professional and polite. Unfortunately, the company has communication issues. I met with Gerardo in late March regarding a job (this was the second time they came out as they lost the initial quote and had to re-bid the job). He informed me that Riverside Painting would send over a new quote as well as a quote for replacing an attic vent fan and doing some deck work. I never heard back. I contacted Riverside several more times trying to get the quotes and was told each time that Gerardo would send me one. It never happened. If Riverside Painting is this difficult to communicate with prior to the job I have to wonder how the company will complete the job --- and if it will be quality work. Gutter work and home improvement projects can be expensive; I will advise my neighborhood group and others to look elsewhere.

Description of Work
Gutter repair and other home improvements

Category decks, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 05/05/2021

Mr. [Member Name Removed] requested an estimate three times from Riverside Painting over the period of the last two years for the same project. If the prices did not suit him the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd time, then we can assume that he wouldn't like the 4th. Our time is just as important as his, bringing us back to quote the 4th time for the same job is absurd. We have decided to respectfully decline the opportunity to assist him with his project based on his repeated requests with no reason to pursue.

04/22/2021

Nancy P.

We were extremely pleased with Riverside Painting. Gerardo promptly came out and gave us a quote on painting and a lot of carpentry work. Christian and his team did an outstanding job. They were hardworking, eager to get everything just right, prompt, and everything was left clean daily. I would highly recommend Riverside Painting!!!

Description of Work
Exterior Painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 04/22/2021

03/21/2021

Noel C.

Gerardo is truly fantastic. He was prompt on everything he said, knowledgeable about the work and performed everything with excellence. He was extremely flexible in working with us in getting what we really wanted, even redoing a few minor things that really meant a lot to us. His customer service was beyond reproach and he not only did the job we hired him for but helped us fix some issues that were uncovered as they did the job. I can't recommend him highly enough. Work with him and you'll not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Building a cover on our existing deck.

Category decks, remodeling, chimney repair, house painters

Work Completed On 03/19/2021

03/16/2021

Scott A.

Gerardo was on time and very detailed in his quote and recommendations for our work. The crew arrived and were respectful of all our belongings inside and out. Carlos and his crew worked clean and went beyond expectations to deliver an extraordinary job. Highly recommended. We will use again and again for our painting and other needs. BRAVO!!!

Description of Work
Smooth stipple ceilings and paint soffit and fascia

Category drywall, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

03/11/2021

Linda M.

Wow. Gerardo and crew arrived only 4 days after his initial assessment. In one day, 8 - 5, they demolished the old rotten deck and constructed a lovely new one, beautifully finished and under the estimated cost. Other services had projected that the job would take 5 days. I will definitely be calling them again. Often!

Description of Work
Deck replacement

Category decks

Work Completed On 03/04/2021

02/26/2021

Larry B.

Communications, timeliness, worker professionalism, cleanliness on the job, repairs, surface preparation, material selection and results all met or exceeded expectations. Of particular note is the house has a tile roof and required special skill in dealing with repairs to some rotted wood. Riverside demonstrated particular care and expertise in dealing with this unusual requirement. I give them my recommendation and plan to hire them again for this and other work they perform.

Description of Work
Painting/staining/repair of exterior of wood/stucco house, stucco security walls/columns, iron gates, cedar fence, large wooden deck with metal spindles and custom wooden gates to swimming pool area.

Category contractors, decks, gutter repair, handyman service, roofing, siding, replacement windows, deck cleaning, pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

02/03/2021

Travis S.

Excellent service, very responsive and friendly. Completed work on time and high quality. Good value for the quality of work.

Description of Work
Repair exterior woodwork, paint, replace gutters and minor roof repairs

Category gutter repair, roofing, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

01/11/2021

Llona R.

Riverside Painting defrauded me and did thousands of dollars worth of damage to the exterior of my home. In June 2019, I had the exterior of my house painted by Riverside Painting. In July 2020 I hired a licensed home inspector from HomeProbe, an A-rated company on this site, to inspect the job. This is what he wrote: There are multiple flaws on the painted surface throughout the exterior siding and trim. These flaws are not considered typical for product that has been painted less than 5 years and may indicate improper preparation of the material. Paint is peeling at multiple locations. There are multiple areas where "holidays" can be seen (previous paint or raw material can be seen through the paint). This would typically indicate a single application of paint. Paint is peeling, cracking, and blistering at multiple locations. The entire paint surface (not just the new paint) is detaching, revealing the original wood surface. This is a strong indication that moisture has penetrated to the underside of the older oil painted surface, and can be attributed to a failure to properly prepare and seal the older existing oil paint surface. This condition, and the multiple instances of "holidays", strongly suggests that proper sealant, in this case, oil primer, was not applied prior to applying a single coat of latex paint. I hired Riverside based on their high rating here and in other places, and the excellent detailed proposal they submitted for repairing and painting my house. The proposal was important, because my house is a 70’s ranch clad with rough-sawn cedar siding and was covered with a coat of deteriorated old oil paint. It required very particular handling for a new paint job to be successful. It was especially important to prime the old surface with an oil based product to seal it, and also so the new latex paint would adhere properly. One of their field managers, Ruben Rivera, met with me, we discussed the job at length, and he then presented me with a detailed proposal specifying each step of the job as discussed. It felt great believing I didn’t have to worry about that home project. When the crew arrived, they knew nothing about any proposal, nor were they interested in knowing. Ruben was the supervisor for my job, so I immediately called him. He appeared quickly, talked with the foreman, then told me not to worry, they were right on track. In renovating several houses, I have learned a lot about residential painting techniques. So as the work progressed I realized it was, instead, heading toward a train wreck. They were supposed to complete several steps: Scuff sand the surfaces Prime everything with oil primer Apply two coats of latex paint Apply the paint by hand What they actually did was: A cursory scrape of obviously loose spots Spot prime the nail heads Spray one coat of latex paint I called Ruben multiple times to tell him they were not doing what they were supposed to do. Every time he came and cheerily lied, assuring me I was mistaken every time and not to worry. All his conversations with the painters were in Spanish, so I couldn’t tell what was really happening. He kept saying the job was being done exactly right, and hey, didn’t it look great? They plowed along unchecked, even though Ruben had come back at least two more times, until I came out to find them completing the irreparable act of spraying latex paint onto raw cedar and old oil paint, skipping the all-important primer coat. I stopped them and once again, Ruben came back and assured (lied to) me I was not right and all was well. So in just a few hours my house went from needing a good paint job to needing a new exterior surface. Every step of the proposal was violated, but once the latex went on, nothing else before or after mattered, since the paint job was doomed from that point. I feel like trampled all over me. I tried to tell myself it was OK because I just wanted the job to be done. My husband was recuperating from a knee replacement at the time. But I finally admitted to myself it was never going to be OK. Four weeks passed and I called the owner, Gerardo Perez. He came over and I told him what had happened. He was very cordial, but told me I must be mistaken. After all, didn’t the house look great? In fact it looked thinly painted and blotchy. I said his response was not acceptable, so he asked if he could come back with an expert. I agreed. He returned with his Sherwin-Williams sales representative. The rep did a “tape test”, sticking a piece of tape on the newly painted surface and pulling it off rapidly. The new paint stuck, and on that basis he told me everything was fine, and that the paint would have already started coming off if things were not right. He suggested that Gerardo might go over the house and touch up problem areas. At that point I told them they were sorely mistaken if they thought I was buying it. The conversation became heated, and when I told Gerardo he needed to come back and find a way to remove the new paint and start over, he said “That’s never going to happen!” I realized I had a terrible problem on my hands and told him I would be back in touch. I chose to believe that he honestly thought the job was good. Technically, since everything was covered with new paint there was no definitive proof that there was no primer. But to a practiced eye, it was obviously a crummy job. I went to work gathering evidence, examining the surface carefully, and talking to people for advice. About four months into the process, a large blister appeared next to the garage and then another one popped up on a windowsill on the other end of the house. Tiny fissures appeared in lots of places. In every case, not only did the new paint peel off, but the old paint came with it also exposing raw wood. I had several other painters and pressure washing companies over for advice on how to fix it. I took the blistered samples to a well established paint store where the former owners of 30 years and the new owner happened to be at the same time. Everyone agreed with me that there was no primer. It was easy to tell once you could see the layers exposed from the peeling paint. The owner of a pressure washing company told me my house was a “tragic mess”. They also advised me the only way to get the house back to the way it should be was to replace everything. Trying to remove all that paint was not viable, and there was no guarantee it wouldn’t deteriorate anyway. Just to be certain, I hired the home inspector whose report is at the beginning of this review. It is not possible to enumerate all of the instances of negligence and lying they committed here. It is all unimportant in light of the single fact that the entire surface of my house is irreparably damaged and none of it can be "repaired". While I can't present it here, I have proof of all the issues I discussed (and of some not mentioned here). I mailed a complete package of my findings to Mr. Perez and we met again on December 9, 2020. I naively hoped that after seeing all the evidence, and the deteriorated surface in front of him, he would surely be anxious to accept responsibility and show the “honesty and integrity” touted on his website. Instead, he just kept invoking the worn out promises of his crew. When I told him my house needed new siding and new windows he said he “wasn’t prepared” to do anything about it, even though his company had defrauded me and done $40,000.00 worth of damage to my house. Because I kept insisting, so he finally asked again if he could pay for an expert to examine the house within the next week. I told him he could send over anyone he cared to. A month has passed and no one has contacted me. But good news, he did offer to buy my car on the way out. I have hired my share of jack-leg tradespeople. Sometimes it worked out and sometimes it didn't. You expect that. But I am still incredulous that a company could appear so first-rate and legitimate and turn out to be so unapologetically negligent and criminal. I’m 68 and the stress of this has been detrimental to my health. I have had to waste a substantial amount of money and many, many hours running around trying to work with someone who had no intention of doing the right thing. If you choose to gamble on Riverside Painting, I hope you are luckier than I was.

Description of Work
Painting of and some repairs to the exterior of my house.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

Review for Riverside Painting - 3218 Lakeridge Dr SE, Marietta, GA - 39135863

Riverside Painting provided a 5-year warranty with the quote. We have always stood behind our warranty and will continue to do so. A member of Sherwin Williams University was brought to Ms. [Member Name Removed]’s home by Riverside Painting and was able to perform a test in front of her that allowed her to confirm that primer had been applied. Riverside Painting repaired and painted her house for $5000.00. It is obvious that a few areas need to be touched up and we will gladly honor our 5-year warranty as we always have. I, Gerardo Perez, the owner have offered to come back and address the issue a number of times. The images that Ms. [Member Name Removed] attached come from a small area next to the garage door and could be easily addressed in 20 minutes. I’ve gone to extended links to resolve the touch-up issues, but her only solution is that we replace the entire siding of her house at no additional cost. We feel that her request to replace the siding of the house is completely absurd. We stand firmly with our 5-year warranty.

11/10/2020

Mark P.

They did a great job for us. We had a problem with the power being out for more than 30 hours in the middle of the job, but it worked out. The first day without power it was rainy and overcast, so we decided to not have them work this day, the next day, the power came on in the middle of the day. The weather had been good that way anyway and they started in the morning, and finished before dinnertime. They did a great job, were very careful, and treated our home like it was theirs!.

Description of Work
We needed to update the paint on the walls of our kitchen and family room downstairs.

Category awnings, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/23/2020

Carol L.

This was a large project, over about 4 days. The work was done quickly, with good craftsmanship. The price was comparable to 3 other quotes. Helpful suggestions were given by Gerardo; and he answered all our questions, indicating his experience and con concern about the work. We're very pleased with the new decks.

Description of Work
2 large decks were replaced, upper & lower stories

Category decks

Work Completed On 10/23/2020

09/22/2020

Bob R.

The estimator came out, took measurements, and said would hear back on the breakdown of the estimate. 5 days later nothing. I will start over finding a company that wants the job.

Description of Work
Repair Deck and paint the whole inside of the house

Category awnings, deck cleaning, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 09/22/2020

08/25/2020

Preston S.

I am impressed and pleased with the design and quality of the new stairs. Also, the team was very professional, efficient, and responsive.

Description of Work
Stairs to front porch replaced

Category decks, remodeling, house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

08/12/2020

Pam D.

It was fantastic. They did an absolutely wonderful job, and the hall bathroom with the sponge painting it my favorite. It is just beautiful. The crew was on time every day and extremely professional and courteous. They were pros and they knew what they were doing. I would totally recommend.

Description of Work
We had our master bedroom repainted, and they had to mach the paint for us. We had wallpaper removed from the master bathroom and repainted. We had wallpaper taken down in the hall bathroom, and we wanted the paint for the hall bath to match the wallpaper. It also required "sponge" painting.

Category awnings, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/11/2020

08/07/2020

Jorge A.

Riverside Painting did an excellent job from start to finish. Even though the house was only 6 years old, the exterior paint was cheap builders grade quality and was peeling from the trim in several places. The quality of RP's painting surpassed my expectations. I had 3 quotes from different paint companies and theirs was the lowest and conducted themselves more professionally than the others. One of the other companies did not care to observe measures to safeguard not only their health but mine and my families health. I appreciate that RP wore face masks while in the house. They were on time, got the job done and cleaned up nicely afterwards. I have no complaints. I will be using them again when we get ready to paint the other interior rooms.

Description of Work
Pressure washing the exterior of the house including the driveway, patio and sidewalks. Painting the exterior of the house (siding and trim) as well as 2 bathrooms.

Category siding, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

07/24/2020

Matthew K.

Excellent work. Project: remove old deck, build new. Initial inspection/bid phase: Geraldo reviewed the deck to check if it could be salvaged. Explained why it could not be salvaged, how construction of new deck would differ, etc. Work would start within the week. Bid was competitive. Removal/Installation phase: team showed up early, removed deck built new deck and completed in about 6 hours. Workers were friendly, hardworking, cleaned up after leaving. Post install: Geraldo reviewed the install with me, explained next steps, etc. Very happy with process, personnel, bid. Would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Deck Replacement

Category awnings, decks

Work Completed On 07/24/2020

07/14/2020

Barbara S.

Everything went well the guys were very professional.

Description of Work
Exterior of home painted

Category awnings, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Review for Riverside Painting - 3218 Lakeridge Dr SE, Marietta, GA - 38716463

05/18/2020

Craig B.

Only took 4 days. Excellent cleanup and preparation of floors, rugs, etc. Ruben was foreperson and was terrific. He was ALWAYS on time , although some of his associates were not, which I felt wasted some time. On the last morning we had to leave early for a doctor’s appointment and asked them to arrive early. They arrived at 7am and completed the work!!! They did a very nice job of adding trim where areas were exposed after replacing sink/ countertop and countertop in the dressing room. The final touches were not quite up to an excellent level, but overall we were very pleased!

Description of Work
Bathroom shower conversion

Category home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

Review for Riverside Painting - 3218 Lakeridge Dr SE, Marietta, GA - 38574874

03/27/2020

Bill T.

This company is the best. We hired them to install new flooring upstairs, downstairs,replace carpeting on our stairs, and installed 2 new doors in our bedroom. They did a fast and outstanding job from start to finish. Rubin and his crew are very polite and professional people. I will recommend them to everyone! 5 stars! Thank you, sincerely William T.

Description of Work
New Flooring And Carpet Installation

Category doors

Work Completed On 02/10/2020

03/14/2020

Tamara R.

Started off fine. Agreement was to remove cabinets first and paint, smooth a ceiling in the master bathroom that had water damage, and paint the walls in those rooms and a bedroom. Crew shows up and is given direction. They go get paint and start working. They did not prep the area correctly to smooth the ceiling and there was dust everywhere in the master bath and bedroom. Not only did they leave the cabinets attached, they sprayed them proceeding too get paint on all the contents inside. They also sprayed over all the hinges instead of replacing them with the ones I provided. To top that off, they painted the cabinets and all the trim the wrong color. I noticed this midway through the day and commented on it and was told that was the primer and it would be fine. They show up the next day and I told them again the color was wrong. A heated conversation took place on the phone between the head of the crew and the project manager. They went out and got more paint but were unprofessional, rude, and didn’t mind showing they were put out by the extra work. They finish the job and leave the place a mess. Dust everywhere, trash on my driveway. They had reinstalled the bathroom towel racks in the wrong place and the paint was smeared on spots on the walls were it hadn’t dried yet. I took pictures and called Ruben to voice my concerns. He sent someone over right away to correct the errors and he did. I thank him and move on. Fast forward a year and the ceiling they smoothed and painted is peeling, bubbling, and chipping. They used the wrong kind of paint in the shower area so now moisture drips down the walls and stains them whenever someone takes a shower (the area has a vent that is used). I’ve reviewed the 5 year warrantee they gave me and reached out with pictures to show how the work was not done well and have not gotten a response. I will now have to pay someone else to do the job correctly. I would never use Riverside again and would caution anyone considering using their services.

Description of Work
Smoothing of a bathroom ceiling, painting cabinets in bathrooms, painting of a bedroom

Category drywall, plastering, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

Review for Riverside Painting - 3218 Lakeridge Dr SE, Marietta, GA - 38444710

03/03/2020

Vivien S.

The company contacted me, said they were interested and asked me to respond within 2 days with my answer. I have attempted to reply, both with the reply button, and the message list. No communication was possible as the reply button was designated as "broken" and the message list had no indication that such a message was possible. I called the company, left a message. I have received no answer at this time.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Category home remodeling, house painters