Florida Plumbing Solutions

Founded undefined • With Angi since May 2015

My company is a family owned business that like to give personalize service an operation with over 25 years experience in the Plumbing industry. Our goal is to grow to meet the demands of our customers without giving up quality and good customer service. We accept checks cash & credit card.

Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español

plumbers (85)drain cleaning (16)sewer cleaning (6)drain pipe installation (6)

05/02/2022

Ron R.

John was amazing. He was on time, quick to respond and finished quickly but got the job done right. We highly recommend him.

Description of Work
replace shower head

Work Completed On 05/02/2022

11/10/2020

David J.

Even though it meant that he would be paid over a thousand dollar less money he came up with an atypical solution to our problem. Unfortunately, after consulting with an electrician, our house did not have the capacity to run his out of the box solution to our problem. We ended up having to do the repair in the normal way and installed a new pipe, which he did in a top-notch way. We liked him very much and feel very confident in recommending him to others.

Description of Work
Installation of a new interior pipe to correct a leak

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

01/08/2020

william B.

I texted John a video of disposal in action. He responded within the hour with what he thought was the problem and suggested steps I could take to save a service call. I tried what he suggested and he was on target. Problem fixed. I have had John do work for me in the past. I will contact him first with any problem because he has always been quick to respond, come out to the house to diagnosis and fix if necessary, and I believe his fee has always been more than fair,

Description of Work
The kitchen disposal did not sound like it was functioning as it should.

Work Completed On 01/08/2020

11/07/2019

Jeanne & Ron F.

I left a message after hours and John Mendez called the next morning. He was at my house in 45 minutes, looked at what had to be done, and gave me a very reasonable price. He had all the required parts on his truck and did the work right away, cleaning up after himself. I had a concern about other toilets and he checked the. He found another shut off valve that was defective and showed me that it was truly defective. The fill valve was not functioning properly, so he replaced it with one that I had on hand. John is a very friendly man and is very professional. His pricing is fair, reasonable and well worth it. I would not hesitate to use him again or to recommend him to a friend or relative.

Description of Work
repair leaking toilet and replace shut off valve

Category toy repair

Work Completed On 11/07/2019

09/20/2019

Carol H.

Great! The man diagnosed the problem and fixed it quickly. I would definitely hire them again and highly recommend them to anyone needing plumbing services.

Description of Work
Faucet in bathtub would not turn on.

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

07/13/2019

aviva W.

John came within the hour. Replaced the old garbage disposal with a new stainless steel unit. He is very personable. I will call on him in the future.

Description of Work
I needed a new garbage disposal.

Work Completed On 07/13/2019

05/20/2019

Valerie B.

Our old washing machine finally died, so in preparation for the installation of the new one, we turned off the laundry hook-ups, and (wouldn't you know it?) the cold water hook-up started to leak. Immediately, I looked to Angie's List. Florida Plumbing Solutions (John Mendez) was at the top of my list to call, because of the wonderful reviews. First thing Monday morning, I called, and John answered. I described the problem, and he said he could make it by within the hour. He arrived, assessed the situation, and quickly got to work. Only the cold water faucet was leaking, but he said (logically) that it made sense to replace them both. The entire job was done within 30 minutes. And the new hookups are much more efficient and effective than the old ones. He was professional, knowledgeable, no-nonsense, and very nice. Best of all, I now know an excellent plumber when we experience future issues.

Description of Work
Replaced leaky laundry hook-ups

Work Completed On 05/20/2019

Review for Florida Plumbing Solutions - 7446 NW 25 Street, Margate, FL - 37883970

03/05/2019

william B.

John arrived on time an hour after I messaged him. He quoted what I thought was a fair price shortly after checking out situation. He had the tools and the parts he needed to replace the faucet and completed the fix in a timely manner. He left the area squared away. This is the third time John has responded and I have been pleased each time. I will call him in the future if I have a need. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
old outdoor hose faucet leaking

Work Completed On 03/05/2019

11/26/2018

joe D.

We hired FPS based on reviews from Angie's List and I can tell you it was the best thing we did. We had other quotes from plumber's in the area, but no one came close to the price of FPS. John, the owner, was punctual and extremely professional while installing our faucet and p-trap in our new vanity. The craftsmanship is of utmost importance to him and takes pride in the work he performs. He quoted me 225.00 for the work plus parts but ended only charging me the 225.00 which was really fair for the high quality of work he did and even adjusted my toilet float valve free of charge after noticing it was only filling up half way. If your looking for a more than reasonable plumber, look no further.

Description of Work
Install Faucet and P-trap in a new vanity

Work Completed On 11/26/2018

10/18/2018

Janet T.

John was both professional, walked me through the process of the leaking bathroom faucet. He had to go and purchase the faucet replacement. We discussed costs. He returned promptly. Finished replacing the new faucet in a timely manner. John was arrived on time, review the leaking in my bathroom faucet. He explained how to stop the leak which was replacing the faucet. I will refer John to my neighbors and friends. Thank you Angie's List. Janet Thompson Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319 P.S. I chose John because his business address was Margate which is near where I live.

Description of Work
Replaced bathroom sink faucets.

Work Completed On 10/18/2018

09/04/2018

Amber B.

John was able to quickly identify that the mystery leak was just a loose shower head and had it repaired quickly.

Description of Work
A mystery leak.

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

08/07/2018

Shaun H.

Went great, he’s very knowledgeable and even taught me while he was doing the job.

Description of Work
Bathroom faucet had low water pressure had to be cleaned. Also toilet parts needed to be replaced was not flushing.

06/06/2018

Barbara R.

John was punctual professional knowledgeable & will definitely use him again

Description of Work
I had 2 outdoor copper hose spigots replaced

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

05/20/2018

Pete K.

John was excellent. I've had a similar issue in the past and though the problem was the main drain leading from the house to the sewer. John was good enough to address this first but quickly determined this was not the issue. He checked the master bath drain and sure enough, my wife's hair had clogged it up. He snaked the drain and all was back to normal. John could have easily charged me for the extra time and effort, but was very gracious to charge only what he quoted - even after I offered to pay him for the additional work. A true professional, knows his business and would hire again. In fact I have his card on file and have shared his info with my Homeowners Association - he's that good. BTW - he A LO more reasonably priced that his competitors and Roto Rooter who just charge excessively .

Description of Work
Cleared a master bathroom shower drain

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 05/09/2018

04/02/2018

Kim E.

Reroute kitchen hot water line through attic from a slab leak with copper piping. John's price was fair and in the ball park of other estimates. What stood out, and why I choose him, was how knowledgable and honest he was about the work to be preformed. The work he provided was impeccable! Even the permit review person admired his work. It is clear John is an expert in his field, thorough, efficient, extremely neat, prompt and super nice. So happy to have my hot water back! I would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Reroute hot water line through attic.

Category plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 01/18/2018

01/30/2018

Debra F.

I called last wednesday. Made an appointment for Monday afternoon. By 3pm I was concerned about time. I called and left a voicemail. No return call, no show. Nothing. No excuse.

Description of Work
Fix dripping faucet,cracked pipe under sink, install new toilet.

Work Completed On 01/30/2018

I am so sorry [Member Name Removed] I had to fly out of town my father had a heart attack just got back this morning if you would like I can be there tomorrow morning or this afternoon

01/25/2018

Debra F.

Very well. Drain cleared. Neat,professional. No mess. He is coming back to do some major repairs in the bathroom.

Description of Work
Kitchen sink totally stopped up. Wasn't just pipe under sink

01/09/2018

Beth A P.

They were good. Did a good job, very prompt. No complaints. They also helped with my aqua-pontic tank! Which was great.

Description of Work
Toilet Install

Work Completed On 01/09/2018

12/18/2017

Juan M.

It went excellent, with a great response time and a reasonable price, very professional service provided.

Description of Work
Replace Moen cartridge on tube and shower valve

Work Completed On 12/06/2017

12/04/2017

Michael G.

I am very happy with the work performed, responsiveness, and the solution proposed. This is my first time using this company and I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Copper pipe started leaking Sunday night within the concrete house slab, and water was coming out of the concrete floor. I shut off the main house valve and figured Monday morning would be a tough day to find a plumber to pay attention to this. I went to angies list determined to avoid the mega-plumbers and called Florida Plumbing Services and the owner John answered the phone and said he was in the area and could be by in 20 minutes. He identified the leaking copper line and isolated it to stabilize the problem. I now have service throughout the house except for the room that the broken line served. John will come back and reroute that line through a wall, since digging a trench in the slab would be an expensive mess.

Work Completed On 12/04/2017

11/24/2017

scott G.

It went perfectly and I would use him every time I need a plumber.

Description of Work
Clogged drains throughout one half of house. He arrived within three hours exactly at the stated time. He notified me when he was on the way and promptly went to work and completed the job.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 11/24/2017

11/19/2017

Douglas S.

Excellently. I supplied the Franke parts for the kitchen sink. All other materials and labor were provided by FPS. This visit took care of the whole "honey-do" plumbing list for this house (purchased in 9/2017). It's good to finally get it done!

Description of Work
Install faucet + soap dispenser + drain basket and recaulk an under-mount kitchen sink. Also, reseat a bathroom sink faucet and replace a toilet flapper.

Work Completed On 11/16/2017