You probably haven’t spent much time thinking about bleach or refrigerated food while getting ready to move, but neither should get packed in your moving truck. Learn about this and other tips for what not to pack when you move.
Get matched with top moving companies in Milton, DE
There are 22 highly-rated local moving companies.
Recent Movers Reviews in Milton
- K-Ron Moving & Cleaning ServicesThe crew was awesome!!! I will be moving again in January and plan to use them again. I would highly recommend them!!! Chrissy was great in organizing my move. Couldn’t ask for a better crew and service.
- White Glove Moving & StorageThe move went a lot smoother than I expected! In my anxious (due to the move) mind, it was going to be extremely stressful. Guess what?? It wasn't! The most stressful part was anticipating their arrival (once again in my mind!) They showed up, we discussed the expectations of each other and the team went to work! The staff moved and packed the truck just as professionals should! They packed our home up, and the next day they met us in Delaware to unpack once again! I would definitely recommend White Glove Moving and Storage to anyone moving long distance or within their own town. Everything was handled with care and professionalism. I was impressed with the ease of both days of moving form the packing to the unpacking an furniture placement! Cannot say a bad thing about them
- Metropolitan Moving & StorageOur move to Delaware could not have gone better. Metropolitan was highly responsive and thoroughly explained everything from start to finish. There were no unexpected charges. The movers themselves were very professional, and took exceptional care of our belongings. We would highly recommend this moving company
- Metropolitan Moving & StorageThe crew was very accommodating to our requests and handled our furniture with great care. We were very please with our move and the price was reasonable as well.
- Perry Moving & StorageThe moving crew was fantastic. They were prompt and professional. From disassembly and reassembly of large items to moving heavy and fragile items, nothing was broken or damaged. Reasonably priced. Would definitely hire again!
- Keep It - Moving & Labor, LLCI was pleasantly surprised with the ease of my move. Although it was a short move, the two men doing it were great. They were professional, pleasant, efficient, polite, and a joy to deal with. They packed the truck took it to the storage unit and unpacked it in about two hours. They handled my belongings with care, not harming a thing. I would definitely recommend and use again
- Handy Andy Long Moving ServicesThese guys are absolutely awesome. They showed up with 6 men to move my 4 bedroom house. They were quick, careful, and knowledgeable. They didn’t leave until everything was exactly where we wanted it. I could not have asked for a smoother transition. I would highly recommend this company!
- Keep It - Moving & Labor, LLCGreat. I was given a window when to expect them and then given updates as to when they would arrive. The men were very professional and demonstrated great care with my furniture. They arranged it exactly as I asked and were patient as I ensured what I asked actually worked. They were pleasant and worked very quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend them and asked for business cards so I could share their information with my neighbors or friends who might be in need of moving help. All in all, a class act
- Movers USA IncExcellent! The crew were great...Eric, Jesus, Gregory and another I didn’ Get the name of we’re terrific. They arrived on time, packed everything perfectly and were generally nice guys too. Eric and Jesus ultimately also were on the delivery crew and were on time and exceeded my expectations. There was not one thing damaged and I had a lot of stuff, (too much, haha). My only comment is to be accurate with you count on what you are shipping. Mine kept going up and exceeded my guestimate by 10%. Not thier fault, but be accurate and discuss with Niel exactly what you are shipping. Would I hire again...absolutely, happy customer
- Movers USA IncArrived on time. Completed the pack up in about 3 hrs. Arrived shortly thereafter in Milton DE address unloaded and departed 2 1/2 hrs later.
Movers in Milton
- Business Description:Overland Van Lines is an experienced full service moving company in the U.S. providing a full range of moving and packing services for residential and commercial re-locations. Our employees are diverse team of highly skilled professional movers working day and night to meet and exceed your expectations. We are committed to deliver outstanding quality services with the most affordable pricing. Choosing moving companies can be confusing, hence we ensure that whether you are moving local or acro..Recent Review:It is truly hard to fully describe just how bad these folks turned out to be. We moved 2 states away and had them store our items for 2 weeks in between. They just manhandled our items, despite promises that they would be oh so careful. After negative reviews started coming in I called Tim and got reassurance after reassurance that all the reviews were false and that they'd handle my items professionally and with care. They didn't... Among the broken items were an antique chair that belonged to my grandfather, a cedar chest that belonged to my grandmother, and stained glass made by my father. Beyond the family heirlooms they also broke a bedside table, a standing mirror, a recumbent bike, a treadmill, a wood futon frame...the list goes on and on. Part of the problem was having them store the items. They packed the truck, unpacked it, repacked a different truck, and unpacked that one. Each time they stacked items precariously and handled items roughly, doubling the chance of breakage. So, beyond destroying my items, they also stole the one item that was not in a generic box...a $100 set of cookware my wife bought me for my birthday. It was in the original box so they knew what it was and stole it. They also showed up late on delivery, telling me it was because they had to avoid the highways since the truck was over its weight limits....how's that for safety and care? And worst, one of the guys kept hitting on my teenage daughter so that she went off and hid until they were away. When it came time to make a claim for damaged items they denied stealing the cookware, denied a handful of damages, and offered a measly 60 cents a pound for the rest. Bottom line here...they are awful, big time. Pay a little more and go with a reputable company. I truly regret ever calling these folksMichael M.
- Business Description:We provide full service moving, labor services, packing services and cleaning labor services. We move upright piano’s and baby grands. We also can move your safe.
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun..Recent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :-Victoria S.
- Business Description:" Long Distance Mover " Paula's Movers Pledge Integrity in our business practice, diligence in our work ethic, and clarity of value delivered to all our customers. We provides long-distance, interstate moving services. We move residential homes, apartments, and commercial businesses across state lines and the country. We have over 26 years of moving industry experience and treat our customers like your part of Paula's Movers family. We're here to guide you every step of the way so you can re..Recent Review:I am extremely pleased with the moving services provided by Paula's Movers. I needed to move to a different state and was looking for a reliable company that would not cost an arm and a leg. David, one of the owners, is a real gentleman and a man of his word. David and his crew arrived on time of the day of the move, they worked quickly but diligently and efficiently. I could not believe how quickly they helped us finish packing and carried all items out of our old home and loaded into their truck. Hanna, the lead in customer service, was a real pleasure to deal with. She was patient and very attentive to all of my questions and concerns. Hanna provided a very simple and straightforward quote that was easy to understand. The quote itself was also very competitive compared to the quotes we've received from their competitors. I would recommend Paula's Movers to anyone looking to simply their move at a very competitive price. Thank you David and HannaMichael S.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads..Recent Review:Shady company, look elsewhere. I went with them based on price and that they were “highly rated”. According to the estimator, I needed 1 truck. When moving day came, they couldn’t fit everything in 1 truck. In fact, it wasn’t just a little bit leftover, but quite a bit. They had someone come out the next day to pick it all up and would later pack it on 2 pallets at their warehouse that I had to pay to ship across country. I didn’t have any other options since we had to be out of the house and were moving long distance. The items on the truck made it on time and safely. It was the pallets that never arrived. When I finally called to check the status (2 weeks after they were picked up), I found out they were just sitting in the warehouse and weren’t shipped yet. They hadn’t even gotten an estimate of the cost. Then they gave the wrong phone number to the 3rd party company that was transporting it so they couldn’t arrange delivery because they couldn’t get in touch with me. Finally the day came to have it delivered (6 weeks after pickup) and the 3rd party transport company asked if I had packaged the pallets up myself. I said no, the professional movers did that we paid. He said it was one of the worst jobs he’s ever seen and kept telling me it’s just items and they can be replaced. He also made a point to give me detailed instructions on how to file a claim for broken items because he knew things would be broken. The 3rd party transport company pays for 100% replacement value but normally works with the shipper, not receiver. I filed a claim with the transport company anyways and reached out to All Service Moving on it. All Service Moving said they would pay me the full amount right away if I signed the incident waiver signing away my rights. This included not holding All Service Moving responsible for anything related to the damage as well as not be able to post any negative review, rating, post about them. I’m sorry, what?!?! Due to their negligence and incompetent job, items were damaged and I can’t share that to prevent others from experiencing the same? Obviously, I refused to sign. I kept my claim with the transport company. Although our claim settlement was only 1/3 of what I was asking for, I’d rather receive the lower amount and still be able to write this review so others are warned. Let this be your warning to run away, far away from this companyLisa O.
- Business Description:Movers Direct, llc is a full service moving company. We offer packing service, packing materials, piano movers, local and long distance moves. We specialize in residential and commercial. Movers Direct was voted Best of the Best moving company for 4 consecutive years in Chattanooga, TN. Call today and get your move on the booksRecent Review:EXCELLENT! The process from start to finish was spectacular and highly professional. They packed up our entire home (approx 1500 sq ft) and drove it 2200 miles to our new home, unloaded and helped to set up furniture (bedroom sets etc). Chad and Garrett were very attentive to detail, extremely careful with the packing and unloading, and absolutely trustworthy. USE THEMPATTI A. S.
- Business Description:Moving APT provides long-distance moves, packing and storage. Call Moving APT for the best cross-country moving, at affordable prices.Recent Review:I'm going to start out by saying I'm no stranger to cross country moves (I've moved to Hawaii from Kentucky, Ohio from Hawaii, and Ohio to Florida). I've done it three times and this will be my fourth permanent move. If I could give negative stars I would. The whole point of my post is so someone doesn't have the same thing happen to them as it did me. First I had called several companies for quotes and they gave me the one. Around 1K less than any other company. So I booked with them. It was explained to me my belongings would arrive 14-21 days however, most customers received their home goods closer to 14. We specifically chose a week and half earlier pack date so when I arrived in Vegas my belongings should be shortly behind me. I was fully aware it could take the 21 days total. Move day comes. The movers arrive 4 hours early which was great. They were professional. They did say the gentleman on the phone underestimated my cubic feet however. The price went up by a little over 1K. I was slightly confused to how this could be considering my belongings were in storage units with exact dimensions. However, I went forward as once they are there to pack and I had flown in (I'm a health care first responder working with Covid) I was almost at their mercy as I was on an extremely tight schedule. When the price did go up the moving company told me they had to get preapproval for the new price and would call them. I was assuming "them" was APT. The packing went without a hitch and during that time I was given many papers to fill out. One of which had first delivery date. It was NEVER explained to me by marking a date (because I was told to fill everything out in it's entirety) it would DELAY my move until THAT date. I unknowingly put down the first day that would be best for me which was the day after my arrival to Vegas. I should clarify Moving APT only contracts out moving companies they themselves do not move your belongings. They are what was referenced as a shadow company. So let's fast forward to 11am the original move time. T. Shields called from Moving APT. She was quite surprised the company was already there. She also didn't know they had increased the price. Now my belongings were already on the truck and there was two trips left to have everything moved. The manager on site spoke with her and to my understanding everything was resolved. It was not. T. Shields calls back to inform me her price was also going up as the company gets money as well even though this WAS NOT told to me when I signed the new paperwork. My new cost was 2K total in price. Making a 4K move now a 6K move. She told me I could speak with whom I wanted but she would be calling back to get the rest of the money. Also might I add when she called back she did reduce what the movers had quoted because they over priced their packing materials used. I explained to her in no way was I ever told about this. And I had assumed the phone call earlier was to them. The movers had left at this point and she was surprised they were gone. She told me I should have called to which that was never explained to me and when the manager on-site had called "them" it was not Moving APT but their company. Remember they contract out. So now Ive called for an update to see if my home goods have left the warehouse. I have zero response for over 48 hours despite being told each day I called that I'd have an update by end of the working day. So today I get an update and since I put down October 5 as my first available date my move starts TODAY. So now I'm at the 14-21 day window. I told them again NO ONE explained this to me. To which their reply was well it kinda is what it is. For those of you who don't want to read: 1. Don't pick them. They are poor with communication and my move went up by 2K on pack day. 2. My move dates was completely misquoted and they do not explain anything to you. 3. They contract other moving companies. Find them and book directly with them. It will save you a lot of headacheSarah S.
- Business Description:Cost is deteremined by the job. Additional email: email@example.com. Agent for united van lines.
- Business Description:First-Rate Movers is a full-service moving company based in Lewes, DE, distinguishing ourselves from our competitors through an unwavering dedication to customer service. We are committed to providing our customers with a stress free and personable moving experience. We will provide a safe and pleasant working environment for our employees while encouraging professional growth and development
- Business Description:Welcome Home Moving Services strives every day to provide you the highest quality moving services in the industry. We are an honest and diligent company with only the most experienced movers. We have inherited a continued work ethic that we live by here at Welcome Home Moving Services. It is our promise to provide you, our customers with superior and professional moving services and top-rated customer service. We are directly affiliated with only A-rated carriers which gives us the best prici..Recent Review:Jerome and Adam from J & Z Moving were great. They had my stuff loaded quickly and all of the furniture fit through the doors without being broken down.Amanda T.
Deals in Milton for Moving Companies
Explore our Solution Center for helpful moving company articles
If the refrigerator in your new home doesn’t fit, or you have a strong attachment to your current one, you’ll need a strategy for shipping it safely. Here’s how to properly ship a refrigerator and tips for avoiding hits and dings along the way.
Regularly cleaning your dryer vent can prevent dust, lint, and other debris from building up. That buildup can be dangerous, but so can cleaning the dryer vent yourself. Here’s why it’s best to let a professional do the job.
Find moving companies in
- Rehoboth Beach
- Long Neck
- Ocean View
- Bethany Beach
moving companies in Milton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Moving Xperience LLC28130 Pathfinder Ct
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Allegheny Valley Transfer Co Inc1512 Lebanon Church Rd
- Auto Transport - United Freight Of America1844 N Nob Hill Rd #171
- Auto Transporters Online25108 Marguerite Pkwy
Mission Viejo, California
- Aztec Home Services LLc19313 Beaver Dam Rd
- A Moving Xperience LLC
- LUCIA'S FINE FURNITURE4 N Fruitland Blvd
- LUCIA'S FINE FURNITURE
- Main Moving LLC3075 W Oakland Park Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Mansion Movers1960 South Ocean Blvd
- Mobile Attic of FeltonPO Box 3
- Modern Piano Moving992 Highway D
- Montway Auto Transport425 N Martingale Rd Ste 550
- Move Makers Moving503 Front St
- Movers Direct LLC314 Old Hales Gap Rd
- Moving Ahead Services LLC4708 TOPPS INDUSTRIAL PKWY
- Moving APT - Long Distance Movers936 Sw 1st Ave., Suite 130
- Moving with care L.L.C 14122 Oak Branch Rd
- Murray Brothers Packing and Moving29777 Lakewood DR
- Main Moving LLC
- Overland Van Lines8203 Fischer Rd
- Overland Van Lines
- Quick Transfer USA860 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, New York
- Quick Transfer USA
- Royal Quality Logistics304 S Jones Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada
- Royal Quality Logistics
- T & P Services28370 Dagsboro Woods Drive
- TellMeWhere Moving&Cleaning LLC401 W 39th St
- the Move-In team llc364 East Main St
- The Moving Group6700 Fort Smallwood Rd
Curtis Bay, Maryland
- TNT Furniture Movers1411 S Hawthorne Ave
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®1169 S Dupont Hwy
- T & P Services
- United States Logistics300 N LaSalle Dr Ste 4925
- United States Logistics
- Vessel transportation group LLC
Bridgeton, New Jersey
- Vessel transportation group LLC