Basement Solutions LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since June 2011

Family run business with a 6 month same as cash promotion with no interest and no payments for 180 days!! Basement Solutions LLC is Family-owned and operated by Bill McLachlan. He is experienced and knowledgeable about spotting potential problems and creating solutions to remedy the situation. Bill

2022 Super Service Award

Basement and Crawlspace WaterproofingA Service Provider's profile imageA Service Provider's profile image

basement waterproofing (137)drain pipe installation (27)masonry (6)Patios (1)egress window (1)well & water pump repair (31)concrete repair (22)foundation repair (20)excavating (6)flooring (3)basement remodeling (2)hardscaping (2)

10/09/2022

Noah G.

I was pleased with the system that was put in but the customer service after was/is horrendous. For something that you pay so much for and even get a lifetime warranty for you would expect better but it seems like Bill and his team is just onto his next sale and job. For example, his team rinsed out their buckets and poured out the residue in my front mulch along with splattering of concrete that was left on the siding of my house near my spigot. Neither were much but still not the best way to clean up for a very expensive job. I didn’t find it necessary to reach out about this since it wasn’t the biggest deal but I should’ve seen this as a warning sign. However, I did reach out to Bill when I first did laundry after the job. Apparently his crew had to move our washer so when I did laundry I just moved the unit back into place. What I didn’t know was that his crew also unhooked the water going into the washer and then incorrectly hooked the water back up. Cold into hot, hot into cold. Resulting in me doing a hot wash when it was supposed to be cold, I only realized this once I took my laundry out and the damp clothes felt warm. I reached out to Bill to let him know so he can make sure that this doesn’t happen to other customers and to tell him that some of my clothes are now ruined as they shrunk and all I got was a “sorry”. Not even an offer to pay for the cost of new clothes. I shrugged my shoulders and said ho-hum whatever he’s probably onto the next sale and went on with my life. But then a few weeks later we lost power for a few hours due to a storm and the battery powered sump turned on for our system, great! However, the UPS(which powers our modem/router) that was given to us as part of our system so we can continue getting updates sent to our devices started beeping when it was on battery power. Annoyingly beeping with no way of muting the alarm. I contacted Bill and he wasn’t even aware this could happen (for someone selling you, you would think they would be well versed in the system they are selling). I even contacted the manufacturer about it and they confirmed there is no mute button on that part of the unit. Can’t sleep with the alarm going on non-stop or get anything else done with the annoying alarm. Which results in turning off the UPS which totally defeats the purpose of it. When Bill finally got back to me he said he’ll look into it, which he did and said that some units don’t have a mute button (something I already found out) and agreed it was very annoying for the non-stop alarm. This was one of the aspects that sold us on using Bill which I told him and simply asked if he would switch out the UPS with another one without an alarm or with a mute button and that was when he stopped replying. And that was when I finally had enough and decided I should leave a review to simply warn others about the poor customer service. It seems like once he has your money he is onto the next sale/job and couldn’t care less about the system/work he did for you.

Description of Work
Basement trench system

Work Completed On 07/28/2022

06/10/2022

SAM Z.

I initially gave an excellent review, but I’m changing it and I explain why. Bill worked on my basement on June 8, 2021, and I writing this review on June 10, 2022; that is one year after. Bill had his men do an interior French drain for $8,600. He gave me a life warranty and promised me a dry basement. I wanted the basement dry so I can finish it. One year after I used Bill’s service, the basement is still get wet after rains and I cannot finish it. The frustrating part is that Bill ignores my messages. I’m giving you a timeline of events (I have attached pictures of problems described below): June 8, 2021: Bill came his crew. They did an interior French drain. Close the old drain and installed a new sump pump in a new location. It all looks good. June 30, 2022: After a rain, I saw water in the basement and contacted Bill. Bill said he would contact me and tell me when he would send his crew. On July 12, Bill sent his crew fix the drain issue. His crew also installed underground drain pipe to discharge water from the back gutters to an area in the front yard. July 18, 2022: after a heavy rain, water flooded the basement. Bill sent his crew to permanently close an old window under the deck. September 2, 2022: My basement got flooded after a heavy rain. I informed Bill and has put me on his schedule to block the window, which will resolve the issue. His crew came a couple of months later. They did some work on the old drain (and sump pump area). They also clogged the underground pipes that discharged in the old drain that had been permanently closed. He charged me $750. I disputed the charges because he gave me a dry basement warranty, and he had told me he would fix at no additional cost any water issue. On February 22, 2022. After a rain, I noticed water again in the basement (in the old drain area) and contacted Bill. He ignored all my messages. I begged him and promise to pay the $750 bill. He sent his crew to address the issue. I paid $500 and he waived the $250. On April 7, 2022: I noticed water in my basement again (in the old drain area). I contacted Bill but he is ignoring my messages. I have sent texts and calls to no avails. It’s been a year since Bill had his crew work on my basement, and I still have water issues. I cannot finish it and he is ignoring my messages. I need to add that Bill only came to my house the day when the French drain needed to be installed (the big work). He has never come to assess the problems I have had after. I asked him to assess the problem himself but he says he is busy.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Review for Basement Solutions LLC - 37 Main St, NEW MILFORD, CT - 39762236

05/12/2022

Lawrence S.

The project succeeded in keeping the basement floor dry. It required three days of difficult labor to lower the grade on the perimeter of the house, seal old penetrations, install new outdoor perimeter drainage and to remove and replace the old basement perimeter drain system and replace the sump pump and battery back up system. I am pleased with the results, and with the cost which was well managed. I had to put this project off due to Covid and other reasons. When we were able to reschedule, the staff was prompt, professional and cleaned up after themselves properly. It was sometimes difficult, probably due to their volume of work, to get a prompt response to emails or calls. This is the only suggestion I have for the company.

Description of Work
I had significant water entering the basement after moderate or heavy rains.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

02/25/2022

Alexi L.

Super professional and helpful. Answered every question big or small. 100% positive attitude.

Description of Work
French drain

Work Completed On 02/25/2022

02/09/2022

Marie S.

I spoke to several companies. Bill was one of the few who assessed my entire situation with water issues and gave me advice on solutions. His plan for the french drain, where to locate pumps, materials used, etc. made sense. Bill set his team up on the agreed upon date and there was good communication between Bill and his team during the job. Bill was also easy to reach to answer my questions during the job. The job supervisor was experienced and knowledgable. His team worked hard and got the job done as planned in 3 days. They left the job site clean and in good shape. Our basement has been dry since the work was done 3 months ago. I would definitely recommend Basement Solutions. I was very happy with the plan, the execution, and of course the solution. Thank you Bill and Debbie for your help.

Description of Work
French Drains installed in basement - solution to basement water problem

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

12/08/2021

Robert H.

Excellent. Work was done on time. The crew was courteous, answered questions, and cleaned up each say.

Description of Work
French drain with pump

Category concrete repair, wells, drain pipe

Work Completed On 11/12/2021

12/04/2021

Nick D.

Bill and his team did a very nice job ! Very professional, punctual and no nonsense. Would recommend

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing System

Work Completed On 11/05/2021

09/05/2021

Anthony I.

Excellent. When the effluent pipe angle for the sump pump needed to be adjusted Bill had his guys come up in the middle of winter and remedy the problem. Bill also helped me set up the sump pump for remote monitoring We have had the system in place for several months now and it has gone through several large storms the last two resulting in flash flooding one producing over 7 inches of rain. The system kept the basement dry and is still running strong. I highly recommend Basement solutions for you basement needs

Description of Work
Sump pump, curtain drain and radon remediation system installation

Category concrete repair, radon testing, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 09/05/2021

08/30/2021

SAM Z.

Description of Work
Installed an interior French drain

Review for Basement Solutions LLC - 37 Main St, NEW MILFORD, CT - 39762112

08/29/2021

SAM Z.

I strongly recommend Basement Solutions for your basement needs! Bill worked on my basement on June 8, 2021. I'm writing this review on August 28, 2021 (about 3 months later). I contacted (Basement Solutions) after having had estimates and plans of actions from 4 other companies. I checked reviews, compared different solutions that were offered, and chose Bill. His plans sounded more convincing, and he promised me a dry basement with warranty. His crew did an excellent work. They all came on time, protected other parts of my house with plastics, and did the interior French drain as promised. They also cleaned my walls and prepped them for painting. After the first heavy rain, I noticed water sipping in from a drain pipe and informed Bill. On July 12, Bill sent his crew fix the drain issue. His crew also installed underground drain pipe to discharge water from the back gutters to an area in the front yard. He told me it was a $1500 job, but did not charge me because he promised me a dry basement. On July 18, after a heavy rain, water gushed into the basement from what happened to be a failed window under my deck. The following morning, Bill sent his crew to permanently close the window and resolve the issue at no additional cost. Since then, the basement has been dry. The only day it got wet was after the heavy rain of August 19, 2020. Many basements in my neighborhood were flooded. Mine was not flooded but got some water that came in from a second window that cannot be protected from water (no foundation Vent Area Wall) because of the tricky area where it is located. I will have the window blocked, which will resolve the last issue. So, I can’t say my basement is 100% dry yet, I'm giving Basement Solutions 5 stars and an excellent review because Bill went above and beyond what he was supposed to do. And once the window is blocked, I’m positive I will have no water issue. I strongly recommend Basement Solutions for your basement needs.

Description of Work
Interior French drain, drain installation

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe

08/28/2021

john T.

EXCELLENT! Work was completed in two days by four highly efficient workers. First rainstorm following work completion showed no water in basement. I highly recommend Basement Solutions.

Description of Work
complete basement system to prevent basement flooding

Category excavators, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 08/05/2021

05/17/2021

Ken L.

From start to finish we were very pleased with the excellent work performed by Bill and the Basement Solutions crew. Bill’s upfront estimate visit included a full explanation of the work to be performed and how the system would solve our water seepage problem, with a price proposal provided on the spot. Very reasonable compared with a second proposal that we obtained. The work was completed in two days as promised. The crew was well managed and did their work methodically through completion, removing all debris and leaving the premises and work area neat and clean. We give the project a five-star rating without hesitation.

Description of Work
Basement Water Proofing System

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

Work Completed On 04/28/2021

05/02/2021

Karen W.

I initially found Basement Solutions on Angie’s List over 8 years ago. Due to the stellar ratings, I hired Bill and his company to install a sump pump in the basement of my home in Bantam. The job was so well done, and the level of professionalism so high, that I continued to hire Bill for a variety of additional jobs over the years, mainly involving a variety of outdoor drainage-related projects. He even replaced an old, poorly designed walkway that presented a significant slip-and-fall hazard with a beautiful paver walk that curved gracefully around the front of my entire house. And the result each time........problem PERMANENTLY solved!! I would therefore recommend Basement Solutions without hesitation! These folks are the best of the best!! A+++++ 👍👍👍👍👍

Description of Work
Multiple jobs over 8 years

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells, drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/02/2021

03/03/2021

Helen S.

Bill and his workers were great. The plan was clearly described and the work was finished in two days as promised. I definitely would recommend this company.

Description of Work
Repair of basement sump pumps and driveway drainage and a French drain was put in.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 03/03/2021

10/20/2020

Deric M.

Bill and his team did a great job adding an interior drain to our new home that we just purchased. He was always available to call and kept in good communication about the status of the work. As an architect, I did my fair share of research about the work and am happy with the results. Thank you Bill and company.

Description of Work
Interior Perimeter Drain, Sump pump, and basement windows

Work Completed On 10/12/2020

10/13/2020

Edward T.

Could not have gone better. Workmanship was outstanding and the care to keep dust to a minimum was amazing. All work was done on schedule and results neat as can be. I could not be happier with this company.

Description of Work
Put an additional sump pump with three back up batteries

Category concrete repair, excavators, wells

Work Completed On 10/13/2020

Review for Basement Solutions LLC - 37 Main St, NEW MILFORD, CT - 38943324

09/24/2020

Erik S.

Excellent experience. Bill and team are knowledgeable, competent and thorough. They did what they promised, when they promised it and at the price they quoted. I could t ask for more. Highly recommend them for all your basement work.

Description of Work
Crawl space humidity remediation

Category basement waterproofing, wells

Work Completed On 09/15/2020

09/07/2020

Suzanne B.

Installed french drain. Did a great job. Other contractor wanted to use pump but Basement Solutions was able to do the job with gravity system. Eliminated worry of pump failure and need for maintenance. Room dried out within a few weeks. Would recommend.

Description of Work
Waterproofed room against hill.with french drain.

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

09/07/2020

COLETTE P.

Debbie, who scheduled the appointment, was very pleasant. Bill McLachlan showed up right on time and correctly diagnosed the flooding problem (thereby saving us a ton of money). Would definitely use this company again in the future.

Description of Work
address flooded basement/garage

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

06/08/2020

Thomas F.

Fantastic. Bill (the owner) was a pleasure to deal with from start to finish. Very knowledgeable and professional and offered great suggestions. His crew showed up on time and worked very hard over the two days it took to install the system. They were very careful to keep everything neat and clean. Would absolutely recommend them to friends and family.

Description of Work
Installed water proofing system in basement

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

05/26/2020

Troy K.

We purchased a home in Ridgefield, and several days later, we had water in a cement crawlspace. We debated what to do for months--wet or dry outside the pool didn't seem to go away. We had some wood down there, and that invites black mold. We had several companies bid, and they each had a different opinion of what needed to be done. I found Basement Solutions on a google search, and boy I am glad I did. Bill knew the problem from day one and spent a lot of time answering my questions. Bill brought in a team that worked non-stop for 2 1/2 days. They cleaned up after themselves and our crawlspace has never looked better. It has been dry ever since. I received a life of the home warranty from them as well. I have worked with a lot of contractors in my day and I get worried each time. Bill and team exceeded my expectations. I would not hesitate to recommend or work with Basement Solutions again.

Description of Work
Waterproofing crawlspace

Category basement waterproofing, foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/11/2020

04/23/2020

Walter D.

It was great, fast, clean, perfection.

Description of Work
stop water leaking into my basement.

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing, wells