Septic tanks are a great way to treat wastewater in rural areas, but septic odor can be an unfortunate side effect of these systems. Learn more about the causes for the bad smell, including cracked pipes, dry drains, and other culprits.
Get matched with top septic system services in Ventura, CA
There are 14 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Ventura
- Pump Daddy SepticIncredible service, great people and fast! It’s nice to finally deal with reliable , hard working people!
- Russ Clutter Backhoe ServiceRuss is a rare gem, its hard to find quality honest people these days, and Russ is good people. He was accommodating and high value. He knows his trades and then some. After his first job for our property i hired him immediately for a second related issue on our hillside, he is skilled and brings experience that will save you big. I could not recommend a better human being to manage your underground/excavation/ secptic solutions
- A Team Plumbing Services IncExcellent! Robert and his entire team is what I call on point. For me a good company is one one that communicates what needs to be done, gives you a clear and competitive quote, and finally follows through with what they say needs to be done by doing it correctly and on time. I have used them for small and big projects and their consistency is impeccable. I have multiple buildings and I need reliability. They’re my go to vendor for anything plumbing
- HomeX Plumbing & RooterI called this company based on good reviews to unclog my drain line. They had some $88 or free deal, but clearly they wanted much more than $88, regardless of the issue. The plumber came and tried to use the cleanout line, but only tried from one direction, quickly stating he hit something and is "unable to get out the clog". He was already trying to upsell me on a camera inspection and a hydrojet from the start. After stating he was unable to get out of the clog, he recommended the next step of doing a hydrojet for "$1700 DOLLARS!!!". I called another plumber next day thatu unclogged within minutes, and immediately told me you were being scammed by this company. DO NOT GO WITH THIS COMPANY. The technician/plumber they send is actually a sales guy that will make a nice fat commission of what he sells you, so he is not interested in providing you the best and cheapest solution
- EXPRESS ROOTERIt didn't go at all-and no call or text to say not coming until after an 1hour after appointed time.
- Great Falls Septic Service IncHe did a good job. Very responsive and he found solutions that other septic tank service providers did not find, it saved me a lot of money in the long run.
- True Blue Plumbing and RooterI really can’t say enough good things about True Blue. Juan and his guys were A+ start to finish. First and foremost I received four separate quotes and Juan was far and away the best price. Now I’m usually a firm believer in “you get what you pay for.” With that said, I couldn’t be more satisfied with the services I received. I was outside with the guys almost the entire time because I was working on other projects in my house. Watching them work was awesome and impressive. Please let this review be a deciding factor if you’re looking for a plumber. I’m highly critical of people who do work for me. I feel like if I paying for a service I should get exactly what I want. With Juan and his guys, that’s exactly what you
- Clay County Master Plumbing LLCExcellent in all respects. If you are in St. John's County, the department will try to discourage your using this company because "they are just a plumbing company" and will try to delay the permit process. Harold has all of the appropriate licensing needed for the drain field construction, and in the end, the County was very happy with his work. He used the newest in construction materials for the job, which promise to be longer lasting and will require less maintenance. He installed the equipment with minimal damage to the yard. He reseeded the yard and covered the seed appropriately to prevent erosion. I am thrilled with the work, and it was done at a price much lower than other quotes
- A AFFORDABLE SEPTIC SERVICE LLCIt went quick and easy. We had another company in here the week before that tore things up then told us that it would cost $8000 to fix it all. Affordable Septic was great!
- YB Cleaning ServicesYB was able to make some adjustments in their schedule to come to my property and perform the needed work on short notice. The person who answered the phone in their office was professional and pleasant, and explained to me what the options were before the work was scheduled, so I was able to make an informed decision. All in all it was a good experience
Last update on October 8, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Ventura, CA
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
Whether you’ve had a septic tank for years or it’s your first one, you need to know how to live with one. This guide covers septic tank maintenance for a long-lasting system.
Find septic tank services in
- Port Hueneme Cbc Base,
- Oak View,
- Port Hueneme,
- Santa Paula,
- Newbury Park,
- Thousand Oaks,
- Westlake Village,
- Simi Valley,
- Oak Park,
- Agoura Hills,
- Hidden Hills,
- West Hills,
- Canoga Park
Septic Tank Contractors in Ventura, CA
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 4 J's Plumbing and Drain Cleaning311 Lafayette Drive
Oxnard, California 93036
- 4 J's Plumbing and Drain Cleaning
- A-1 Total Service Plumbing3025 Artesia Blvd #81
Torrance, California 90504
- All American Plumbing & Drain 1237 S Victoria Ave
Oxnard, California 93035
- All Pro Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical5001 Ontario Mills Pkwy
Ontario, California 91764
- Allstar Plumbing, Heating & Air9155 Archibald Ave Ste 302
Rancho Cucamonga, California 91730
- Alosta Plumbing, Heating & A/C255 S Glendora Ave #1495
Glendora, California 91741
- A-1 Total Service Plumbing
- D Roberts Construction2185 W College Ave # 3129
San Bernardino, California 92407
- DARRELL'S PUMPINGP.O. Box 528
Nuevo, California 92567
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Diamond Environmental Services807 E Mission Road
San Marcos, California 92069
- Drain Master Plumbing & Rooter21700 Nordhoff st
Chatsworth, California 91311
- D Roberts Construction
- Joel's Plumbing & installation650 Bella Dr
Newbury Park, California 91320
- Joel's Plumbing & installation
- Low Cost Rooter4327 Clinton St
Los Angeles, California 90004
- Low Cost Rooter
- Patricia Grauke - BHHS Troth Realtors1801 W. Ave K Ste. 201
Lancaster, California 93534
- PRC Restoration & Construction23839 Banning Blvd
Carson, California 90745
- Prime Remodeling10401 Venice Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90034
- PUMP MASTERS765 W BASIN ST
San Pedro, California 90731
- PumpMan5020 Bleecker St
Baldwin Park, California 91706
- Patricia Grauke - BHHS Troth Realtors
- Quick Plumbing Co of Camarillo1853 Lakehurst Ave
Camarillo, California 93010
- Quick Plumbing Co of Camarillo
- Red Hat Plumbing111 Poindexter Ave STE D
Moorpark, California 93021
- Red Lilly Plumbing1647 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, California 90026
- Right Price Rooter201 South Everett
Glendale, California 91205
- Rooter Alert Plumbers & Sewer Contractors1835 Newport Blvd Bldg A 109 Ste 601
Costa Mesa, California 92627
- Rooter Buster Plumbing Inc.13012 Debby Street
Van Nuys, California 91401
- Red Hat Plumbing
- S.C.Contractors (Americas Most Wanted Handyman)Post Office Box 800657
Santa Clarita, California 91380
- ServiceMASTER by C2C Restoration10881 La Tuna Cyn Rd
Sun Valley, California 91352
- SHOWALTER'S SANITATION CO11121 PENROSE
Sun Valley, California 91352
- Silver Development & Associates Inc.505 Golden West Ave
Ojai, California 93023
- Sketchley & Mason Inc330 E Easy St. Ste D
Simi Valley, California 93065
- Skyline Builders & Development Inc6442 Coldwater Canyon Ave # 205
North Hollywood, California 91606
- SoCal Contractor3289 Veteran Ave
Los Angeles, California 90034
- Spy Rooter, Inc. dba The Sewer SpyP.O. Box 941538
Simi Valley, California 93094
- S.C.Contractors (Americas Most Wanted Handyman)
- YB Cleaning Services7120 Hayvenhurst Ave #208
Van Nuys, California 91406
- YB Cleaning Services
Septic tank companies that service Ventura
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.