Shenon Construction

Founded 2009 • With Angi since November 2015

A COMPLETE EXPERIENCE- The Shenon Construction Team acknowledges that the path of remodeling is as important as the final product. Therefore, we strive to give our clients the most pleasant experience no matter how extensive the project may be. The team is present every step of the way, and is

2022 Super Service Award

home remodeling (40)plumbers (23)interior painting (22)countertop installation (20)drywall (18)electrician (15)cabinet makers (11)bathtub refinishing (11)home builder (9)fireplace services (7)window replacement (6)house painting (5)

10/17/2022

Dena S.

Shenon Construction installed a Fleetwood sliding glass door which involved demolition, framing, door installation, concrete, and interior and exterior patching and painting. They exceeded all my expectations. The finish is absolute perfection, both interior and out, including matching a bumpy exterior stucco. In addition, everyone was so polite, as well as punctual. I have never had a job where everyone showed up when they said they were going to show up - every...single...day. Adam, the project manager, runs a tight ship, keeping everyone on time and moving forward. The entire team was so positive and supportive. Even though my job was probably relatively small ($14k), they made me feel like it was just as important as their big jobs. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installation of sliding glass door

Category concrete repair, drywall, picture framing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, stucco, house painters, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 08/15/2022

10/13/2022

Oscar B.

From beginning to end everything was top notch, the communication, the work done , the time it took to complete the job , the materials used , Tom and Adam were a blessing, they both took the stress from what was a stressful situation , my wife and I will definitely be calling on Shenon construction if we are ever in need of any future work.

Description of Work
Bath and shower remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, closet systems, concrete repair, drywall, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/13/2022

01/18/2022

Raina M.

It went amazingly well! I spoke to Elain about my situation. She is very intelligent, kind, and she spent a lot of time telling me all the details and giving me excellent advise. If I ever decide to do a new building project, I will definitely contact this company.

Description of Work
I inquired about fixing a floor built by another construction company.

Category foundation repair

Work Completed On 01/17/2022

11/05/2021

Dan H.

Kitchen remodels are hard. The most important room in the house is off-line. One of your bathrooms has to become a default sink in kitchen. So it takes a lot of patience to live in the house while your kitchen is being remodeled. Everything went basically according to plan there were some delays because of supply chain issues and changes that we wanted made that were not part of the original plan. But all in all we got through it fine. Tom in his right hand man, Adam, were responsive to our needs and if any problems came up they took care of it. Tom is exceptionally patient and good natured. Same for Adam. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, stucco, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/27/2021

Review for Shenon Construction - 1420 N Alta Vista Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39533432

10/24/2021

Dean M.

We recently added a full master suite and a new retaining wall at ground level of our existing home. We interviewed several contractors and decided on Shenon Construction to build our addition. Tom Shenon is the principal owner and licensed general contractor of Shenon Construction. The estimated costs were reasonable and within our budget, and Tom worked with us to keep our costs down without sacrificing quality. More importantly, we felt a connection to Tom Shenon, as he is sincere and honest, but knowledgeable and professional in his approach to our needs. The work is now complete, and we are entirely pleased with the outcome of our new addition. Needless to say, the process of adding nearly 400 square feet to a structure, especially in Southern California, is a very complicated and detailed endeavor. There are many strict building and environmental regulations and permitting requirements set forth by numerous governmental entities, as well as homeowners association requirements that we had to navigate. The difficulty of getting through architectural planning, engineering, and city permitting was compounded during the COVID pandemic, but Tom and his design/architectural/engineering team did an excellent job to design our project and guide us through the processes and procedures necessary to complete the process timely and thoroughly. He is a competent contractor and knowledgeable in his field. He allowed us to select and purchase all owner-supplied fixtures and materials ourselves, or use his design and supplier team to obtain required items at the best prices. We used a mixture of contractor-recommended suppliers as well as obtaining our own selection of items based on our personal preferences. All of the subcontractors, project supervisors, and trade craftsmen were superb. They were courteous and respectful of our property, trustworthy, and extremely skillful in their trades. The craftmanship is amazing and resulted in a beautiful, comfortable addition. All the suppliers and subcontractors used by Shenon Construction went above and beyond to help us obtain needed items at reasonable prices in a timely manner. Based on the results of our project, we feel we definitely made the correct choice in Shenon Construction to complete our addition, and we consider Tom and all the craftsmen involved in our project to be long-term friends. We have no regrets, and we look forward to living in our lovely remodeled home.

Description of Work
Master Bedroom/Bathroom Addition to Existing House

Category bathtub refinishing, remodeling, home builders

Work Completed On 10/23/2021

Review for Shenon Construction - 1420 N Alta Vista Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39519216

10/02/2021

Mark Y.

Shenon Construction did an excellent job on our recently purchased home in Eagle Rock. We had the wood floors sanded/refinished and painted the entire interior of the house. We also had a custom built entertainment cabinet put in place of where a non-functioning fireplace used to be. The counter of the primary bathroom was replaced, as well. Tom Shenon and his team were very easy to work with and we are very happy with their work. We needed the work done relatively quickly, since we needed to be moved in within a month. Tom made sure we were able to move into a livable space while some of the other work continued within the house. The project came in with the budget we agreed upon. It was usually most efficient to deal with Tom directly, but he had a great team of sub-contractors doing the different phase of work. We were particularly impressed with Julio, who designed and built the custom cabinets to fit a very specific space. The painters and floor refinishers were very professional as well. We plan to do some more work on our house in the near future and hope to hire Shenon Construction again. I guess in and of itself that is the one of the best recommendations I can give!

Description of Work
Interior refurbishing before move in

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, fireplaces, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/17/2021

07/08/2021

Sheeva B.

After interviewing multiple GC’s, we ultimately decided on Tom and Shenon Construction because of his/their punctuality, professionalism, honestly, and experience. We are 75% done with our full house remodel and it’s been a pleasure working with them. Compared to other proposals they are a bit more expensive but you are paying for premium service and labor; there are no short cuts in work. There were multiple occasions where Tom and his crew went the extra mile and above and beyond, and were trustworthy and honest about work that deemed unnecessary or wasteful, which we appreciated since you’re investing thousands of dollars building your home. We have recommended Shenon Construction and will continue to do so!

Description of Work
Full House Remodel

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, fireplaces, structural engineer, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

05/12/2021

Herm W.

Tom and his team were did a great job on our home remodel. Tom was very good at keeping the lines of communication open and letting us know if there were any unexpected issues that came up. The quality of Shenon Construction's work can be seen in the photos attached to my review. I look forward to working with Tom and his team for some of our future projects.

Description of Work
Home remodel

Category custom cabinets, countertops, drywall, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

Review for Shenon Construction - 1420 N Alta Vista Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 39329097

11/02/2020

Allen N.

I hired Shenon to remodel the exterior (paint, stone removal) of a house we purchased. Tom (owner) and Project Manager Adam answered all of our questions and completed work on time and professionally (I’ve had experiences with contractors who don’t communicate as well). The result of the work was beautiful; neighbors said our house looked incredible. I would strongly recommend Shenon for your next project.

Description of Work
Exterior Remodel

Category stucco, house painters

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Review for Shenon Construction - 1420 N Alta Vista Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 38997309

09/28/2020

Luisa R.

From beginning to end, Tom and his crew were responsive, professional, and highly skilled at realizing our vision while also navigating the types of challenges that unexpectedly popped up in the house as we started opening up walls, etc. I won’t lie, part of us dreaded the construction experience, but this team made it truly rewarding.

Description of Work
We remodeled our cabin in the mountains outside of LA.

Category countertops, drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, home builders, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 12/20/2019

09/17/2020

Angelina F.

My partner and I are looking to remodel our condo in the near future, and Shenon is the only company that has given us the time of day. We are currently in the financial planning stages and were looking to have an in home consultation to get an idea of how much money we would need to get our space ready to rent out. Three other contractors wouldn't even continue the conversation with us once we told them that we would likely be starting in 6 months. Shenon was not at all phased by this and understand the necessity of planning for such a financially heavy project. Elain and Vanessa provided the most amazing costumer service over the phone and through email. They set up a free in home consultation with Tom, the owner. He just left and we had a great experience with him!! He was on time, very nice, and very knowledgeable. We really appreciate his straight forward, no nonsense approach. Can't wait to start our project with Shenon Construstion!

Description of Work
in home consultation for remodel

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

09/17/2020

Euna C.

Given the constraints of doing construction during off hours only as this is a small business in a larger office building, the job was performed in a timely manner and we were thrilled with the results. All the cabinets in the small kitchen were replaced, flooring replaced, and interior repainted.

Description of Work
Office remodel

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

07/10/2020

Mercedes M.

I can't speak highly enough of Tom and Shenon Construction. We recently renovated our bathroom and it is a dream. Tom made everything easy on us, which was important for my husband and I, given our busy work schedule. He has a company he uses for fixtures and materials, which ensures that all the materials arrived on time. He kept us on track and even finished ahead of schedule, right on the eve of the COVID 19 pandemic. His staff treated our house as their own and kept the house clean throughout the construction process. You can tell that Tom and his crew have good communication and that they respect each other. We will definitely be using Tom and Shenon Construction in the future. I will post pictures of the bathroom soon!

Description of Work
Bathroom Renovation

Category closet systems, home remodeling

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

06/12/2020

Itay N.

Working with Shenon construction was great. Tom was very responsive, and kept work going at a good pace. We had already hired a different cabinet maker before hiring Shenon, and the contrast was stark. With the cabinet maker there were endless delays and mistakes. With Shenon everything proceeded like clockwork. Tom had every stage of the work lined up ahead of time, told us what to expect when, he was very detailed and knowledgeable about every aspect of the work, the work itself was done at a high quality, the workers were friendly and kept everything clean, overall a great remodel. It's rare to find a contractor who is so meticulous, conscientious, and responsive. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Shenon construction was the contractor for our kitchen remodel, they did everything except the cabinets. Work included new floor, plumbing, electricity, countertop and backsplash, walls, painting, appliance installation.

Category home remodeling

Work Completed On 05/15/2019

03/26/2020

Jon K.

Shenon Construction performed quality work and were very responsive. Tom and his crew were friendly and courteous

Description of Work
Garage conversion

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

03/26/2020

Darryl J.

I can say enough good things about Shenon Construction. From the very beginning we contacted them, they were first to return our call, setup appointments and give us solid feedback on the project cost. Responsiveness was particularly important as we lived on the east Coast and we remodeling the entire house on the West Coast. Tom and his team were professionals the entire time. Think about it? They were asked to strip the house down to its studs and rebuild. We did the project almost entirely by pictures and video back and forth. Shenon remodeled the house, added an extra bedroom, refinished the garage, added air conditioning and heat, a new fence, remote control driveway etc. It was a joy to work with Tom and I would not hesitate to give him a reference if needed. Happy Customer

Description of Work
Renovation of the entire house

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

Review for Shenon Construction - 1420 N Alta Vista Blvd, Los Angeles, CA - 38462990

03/13/2020

mary T.

We did not ultimately hire Shenon Construction for our project, but we liked him very much. Intelligent, organized, thorough, and very responsive.

Description of Work
Bathroom and kitchen remodel

Work Completed On 03/13/2020

02/24/2020

David S.

Amazing. Tom is a truly great guy. He is honest, thorough, and most importantly, a strong communicator. There is nothing more frustrating than hiring a vendor who is spotty with texts and phone calls. This was the best part of my relationship with Shenon Construction, my communications with Tom. He spent a lot of time answering questions and explaining all the work that would be done in demoing my bathroom, keeping surrounding areas clean, and how he will go about remodeling. Thank you Shenon Construction!

Description of Work
Bathroom Remodel

Work Completed On 01/14/2020

11/03/2019

Lynn L.

A simple room addition design became problematic when I was trying to get bids from contractors. Lack of details and an unbuildable plan from the architect caused delays and required the contractors to review multiple changes and update their bids. Shenon Construction remained helpful and responsive throughout the process, and their bid was very competitive. After a lot of consideration, I chose another contractor that I had previous experience with, but I would have been happy to go with Shenon otherwise.

Description of Work
room addition

Work Completed On 11/03/2019

09/20/2019

Luisa R.

We are so grateful to have found, and worked with, the folks at Shenon Construction. Undertaking an extensive renovation is stressful enough, doing it to a property some distance away from our first home was a scary thought. We knew that we had to find a team that we could trust to guide us through the project, do excellent work, and be fair. We absolutely found all of that in Shenon Construction. Tom, the owner, held our hand through the most critical decisions, offered fantastic suggestions (both technical and aesthetic), was very professional, communicative, and easy to talk to the whole length of the project. Tom was realistic and fair in budgeting and also in the timeline. We appreciated his transparency and his impeccable follow-through. His workers were experienced, also great at communicating, and generally excellent. I cannot recommend Shenon more. I would have never in a million years said that a large renovation could ever be a pleasant experience, but Shenon proved me wrong! The results are beautiful and we are beyond happy and pleased. We would use them again in a instant and highly recommend the entire team.

Description of Work
Extensive renovation of second home

Category closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, fencing, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, replacement windows, fireplaces, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

09/18/2019

Wendy O.

Our kitchen turned out incredible. The process went smoothly! This guys know what they are doing !!!

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling

Work Completed On 09/18/2019

09/17/2019

Jason L.

I was referred to Tom by a good friend who's worked with him before. Working with him was easy. He was straightforward and made sure I understood what the work required and if any permits were necessary. His professionalism made me comfortable in choosing his company to do our project. During the work, he kept me updated with what was going on. It actually finished faster than I expected, and the results were good too. He is also very helpful, and has a strong commitment to quality. Tom costs more to hire, but the quality is very good and can save you much headache in the future doing it well the first time.

Description of Work
Renovation with interior painting and electrical

Category electrician, remodeling, interior painters