What will a deck project cost?
Size is generally one of the most influential factors in estimating total costs of the job. The average cost is $30 to $60 per square foot. That brings the total average cost of decking work nationally to $4,100 to $11,200.
Multi-story decks are usually less affordable than one-level decks. As an example, the typical cost of a first-story deck ranges from around $7,700 to $15,400. The cost for a second-story deck ranges from $9,700 to $20,500.
Prices vary based on supplies. Pressure-treated wood and composite are two common materials for decks, with wood tending to cost less. When it comes to patios, concrete might be less costly than other materials such as brick.
Asking for an estimate from qualified deck or porch contractors in San Rafael is a great way to learn how much your dream deck or patio may end up costing.
What are some common services offered by decking contractors?
Deck and porch installers in San Rafael perform an array of services that range from installing new structures to doing repair work on old ones. Property owners can count on deck and porch pros for assistance with increasing the visual appeal and usability of outside spaces, including:
- Constructing decks. Builders can help you with designing and constructing decking that checks all the boxes for your ideal exterior area. This can vary from a standard deck to hold your outdoor furniture to a gourmet backyard kitchen.
- Constructing porches. Work with builders to enhance your home's curb appeal as you increase the practicality of your home's entrance. Design a porch that provides a welcome spot for your vintage rocking chairs or doubles as a mudroom on stormy days.
- Installing patios. The most suitable contractors can transform your desires for a patio into reality, whether you're wanting to go with brick, concrete, or other materials.
- Updating your current deck. Deck and porch installers can add deck rails or roofs and awnings or build special options like brick ovens or firepits.
- Making repairs. Many decking contractors also perform repair services. They sometimes replace broken railings or planks or offer painting and staining services to enhance the longevity and attractiveness of your deck.