INNOVATION PAINTING

Founded undefined • With Angi since October 2005

Innovation Painting Plus has always operated under strong values aimed at exceeding client needs. Our communication channels are always open—our relationship with our clients begins on the first day of contact, and only ends once they’re fully satisfied with our work. When you hire our services,

interior painting (138)house painting (95)pressure washing (6)woodworking (3)deck cleaning (2)general contractors (1)drywall (16)plastering (10)handyman (10)door installation (5)stucco (4)flooring (4)

07/27/2020

Jonathan L.

Great work from Daniel and his team. Innovation Painting took care of our home in San Francisco. Prompt, friendly, and great attention to detail. After they were done painting, Daniel walked me around the property to go over things they uncovered while painting, like suggested repairs, which I very much appreciated. I would absolutely recommend Innovation Painting. Thanks!

Description of Work
Painting of entire home exterior, including trim, etc.

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

Review for INNOVATION PAINTING - 141 N Ellsworth Ave, San Mateo, CA - 38757187

06/12/2019

Charles C.

Daniel at Innovation has done a couple of exterior house paintings for me, and a terrific job each time, at a decent price. He has good suggestions for the best treatment, supervises his team closely, and the job is thorough and clean. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

11/09/2018

Christine H.

Daniel did a great job in repainting my walls, ceiling, doors, and trim. He was very thorough in his work and took care of a couple of minor repair issues too while working on the painting. He explained options for some aspects of the job to ensure I could reach the best decisions. He was very careful to protect furniture and flooring during the entire job.

Description of Work
interior painting of condo

Work Completed On 11/07/2018

05/20/2018

Rosalin M.

Ceilings and bathrooms work done better than expected.

Description of Work
Painting indoors

Work Completed On 05/16/2018

08/15/2017

Martin S.

I spoke to someone to schedule for an estimate, asked that I text my contact info and never heard from since. I would NOT recommend this type of service!

Description of Work
Interior painting needed.

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

08/03/2017

Kristin T.

I called a few days before, and he told me he was booked out for months, but since this was a small job, he would fit it in. Everything was exactly as I asked, and I was able to get this job done on short notice. I used an Angie's list coupon.

Description of Work
I wanted two rooms painted before furniture was moved in. I got the paint

Work Completed On 08/03/2017

05/18/2016

JUDITH O.

I was happy with the work done by Innovation Painting and the end result looks terrific. Also, Daniel was very good at keeping in touch by text as to times he would be arriving. This is such a professional and smooth running company I would gladly ask him to do painting in this house again.

Description of Work
He fixed holes in wall, sanded, caulked, primed and painted a bathroom in my residence.

Work Completed On 05/06/2016

04/20/2016

Jen Y.

They are doing the overall condo so the paint work is very sloppy. The lines are not straight and some of the paint overlapped to the next wall. There are things unfinished on the list. His refinishing of the cabinet are better than his painting of the walls so that really puzzles me because he's a painting company. I chose him even though he overcharges for his work, It's just an 800-square-foot condo and he's charging over $5,000. He's diamond certified so I thought he would do things on time and correctly without me having to fuss with anything, but that is not the case, I know. So far he says he's complete with his work, but I gave him half of the amount for the total and told him to patch up things before we pay him the rest of the house. It's been a nightmare. He is not on top of it, he should not be diamond certified or whatever that is, and I don't know how he got all those A's on Angie's List.

Description of Work
I used Innovation Painting Plus for exterior painting services.

Work Completed On 04/19/2016

02/11/2016

Anthony F.

Over the years I've had numerous painters provide services, and without exception Daniel Morra and his team at Innovation Painting Plus provided the most outstanding service. Moreover, the painting on this occasion was interior work in our home, performed while we remained in the house. The painters were always courteous, very careful to not damage flooring, artwork, or furniture and did the careful work most painters avoid, great preparation. The results were excellent!

Description of Work
They painted our home interior, both the first and second floor, and stairway.

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/15/2016

12/05/2015

Amy A.

Daniel is incredible. He is punctual, professional, and personable. We have had great experience with him over and over and will continue to enlist his services in the future. He's a gem.

Description of Work
Painted rooms and touched up

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

11/23/2015

Catherine F.

The team was punctual, very neat, and detailed in the paint job. I would hire Daniel and his team again!

Description of Work
Daniel and his team of painters did a fantastic job painting my condo! They painted my living room/kitchen, an accent wall in the bedroom and my bathroom.

Work Completed On 11/19/2015

10/16/2015

Colin H.

Daniel and his team were awesome. They were very careful with tarping my stuff, and did a really great job. Also, recommended a paint store with an in-house color specialist who picked my shades with me. Turned out fantastic, and finished ahead of schedule even. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Description of Work
Pained interior of Apt. including ceilings.

Work Completed On 09/01/2015

08/29/2015

Mary M.

Staff was punctual, pleasant, professional. They completed the job on time and touched up any area I was not satisfied with.

Description of Work
Painted my entire interior

Work Completed On 01/19/2015

08/13/2015

Jennifer G.

I had removed popcorn from most of the ceilings in my house and had them re-textured. I needed them painted before new floors were scheduled to be installed and I only had a couple of days to have the work done. When Daniel came to give me an estimate, I explained this to him. Despite having several big jobs coming up, he was very understanding and worked with me to figure out a plan to get everything done. He even offered to work over the weekend if necessary. Luckily it was not, because Daniel and his crew showed up early everyday and were incredibly efficient. They covered the walkway to the house and everything else that could get messed up, and then got to work. They had primed all of the ceilings in no time and were applying the paint by lunch. The job also included painting the walls and ceilings of our living room which has a ceiling that slopes up to 20 ft. It was difficult work, but he and his crew took their time and didn't take any shortcuts. They even caulked up a gap between a beam and the ceiling even though it was in a difficult location way up and it was not part of the estimate. Not only did they finish all of the work in time, but they actually finished with time to spare. Daniel suggested that if there were other things that they could do while they were there, that it would be cost effective since they were already setup. All of the work they did was excellent. The walls and ceilings look great and prove why it makes sense to hire a professional to handle these jobs. It took them two days to do something that it would have taken me two weeks to do, and it looks much better. I will definitely use Daniel again when I need some painting done.

Description of Work
Interior painting - ceilings and walls in several rooms.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/07/2015

07/02/2015

Derek L.

Daniel was very prompt in responding to my initial inquiries by email, text, and by phone and offered to come out on a Saturday morning to look at my project and answer my questions as well as concerns. I have not been able to locate the source of a leaky window in the rainy season and hoped a paint job and preparation for it would solve the problem. Daniel took a look at the likely problem spots and suggested I may want to try having them patched and to wait for the next big rains before contemplating an extensive painting project in case the problem hadn't been properly resolved. He even recommended an excellent handyman who has already completed the work with great efficiency. So now I am literally taking a raincheck on utilizing Daniel's services in the future. I must say that I am very grateful to him for his expert advice which, so far, is to my gain entirely. I look forward to returning to the project when all my ducks are lined up.

Description of Work
Assessed my project and gave valuable advice on how best to resolve potential problems prior to launching into painting my house.

Category handyman service, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/27/2015

06/29/2015

Philip K.

Daniel provided details on the paint job that would be performed on the initial walk through. He provided information on where to find help on color choices. The work was scheduled for July. Daniel contacted me a few days before the agreed upon schedule to confirm that his crew was going to start on Monday and make sure that I had the colors selected for the house. He along with his crew showed up on Monday morning and he did a walk through on what was going to be done. He identified some areas that required additional preparation and clearly explained why this was necessary. His crew worked very diligently throughout the job and all were very nice and polite. They all cared about doing the job right and cared about their work. I had added some additional requests for the paint job such as 3 colors instead of only 2 and required a 2nd coat on the accent color along with priming some areas that had used oil base paint. The revised quote was very reasonable and it was definitely a job well done by Innovation Painting.

Description of Work
Caulking of wood trim where gutters were removed, washing and prep of surfaces, and painting of stucco, trim and doors on a single story house.

Work Completed On 07/13/2015

06/17/2015

Lori F.

BEAUTIFUL paint job and a great experience. Daniel was attentive and fair, and the workers were very skilled and considerate. I am hoping to have Innovation Painting Plus paint the remaining bedroom (where I lived during the job) very soon.

Description of Work
$2560 included paint, using Angie's Big Deal. The provider painted walls and ceilings, some of which had old oil based paint, and did minor drywall work in my entire 2 BR condo (except for one bedroom and closets).

Work Completed On 07/15/2015

Dear [member name removed], We are sorry. We have not received any text from you. We did found an email on Jun 01 in our trash can. You are still schedule for July 15-17th coupon # 1965722 would be used on Wednesday July 15th. Please call us at 650-921-0375 if you have any other question. Best regards. Daniel.

06/10/2015

elysa S.

Daniel and Innovation Painting did the interior back in Nov and they were so great we hired them a second time a few months later to do the exterior. They were reasonably priced, super fast, both jobs done in less than a week and easy to communicate with. We did notice that they missed a spot here and there on the exterior but were back within a few hours to fix it. Overall, I'd highly recommend their service.

Description of Work
Entire Interior & exterior painting for my house. Approx 1250 sq ft. 3 bedrooms, 1 bath.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/01/2015

05/23/2015

Jeff B.

They did a really good job of painting our house. I waited about 3 months before writing this review to see how the paint was going to hold up. Everything still looks great. Daniel was great to work with and his workers did a really good job. They did great prep work before painting. Since we waited longer to paint our house than we should have there was a lot of peeling paint on the wood window frames. We also had a side door on the garage that I was sure was beyond repair since all the paint had been peeling for years. They removed all the peeling paint and now the door looks great. Lastly, we had some wood fasade on the front of our house just below the roof line that was cracked. They filled the cracks with putty and repainted the fasade with the two colors that we picked. For paint, they applied two coats of Benjamin Moore paint. The base coat/primer was elastomeric paint which is supposed really good paint. They also stained two wooden gates on the sides of our house. The gates look really great. The only two minor issues that we had were. On one of the gates, they didn't paint a small section of the fence that was attached to the gate. I called Daniel and he apologized and was going to schedule a day for his worker to come back out. But I decided to just paint the section myself which took about 20 minutes. The only other issue was that there was one small wooden window frame that you can only see if you're on the roof that wasn't stripped or painted well. I'll probably spend about half an hour or less touching that up by my self. Overall though, considering how badly the original paint on our house was in some areas, they did a really terrific job of prepping and painting at a great price. We would definitely recommend Innovation Painting and would hire them in the future if we have any other painting jobs.

Description of Work
They painted the exterior of our house.

Category replacement windows, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/07/2015

05/12/2015

Amparo M.

it went well. They were professional

Description of Work
paint inside downstairs in law unit

Work Completed On 11/01/2014

04/20/2015

Anjali K.

At the Estimate Stage: Very transparent and up-front about what they could/would do, how much it would cost me, and breaking it down so I understood why. I also got a very comprehensive and patient review of my options, including pros and cons of each. At the Work Stage: High quality, conscientious work. You could tell the painters were happy / treated fairly based on the pride they took in their work. Began work when the said they would, and finished the job ahead of schedule. Post-Completion: Painters left my home clean ? all trash and materials picked up and taken away. Owner continued to respond to my calls and requests even after the job was finished to take care of a few additional minor requests without charge. They went on to get hired by two of my neighbors when they saw the great work this team does!

Description of Work
Painted the entire exterior of the ocean-facing 4000 sq.ft. home.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 04/10/2015

04/13/2015

Ghassan E.

It went really well! This is now the second time I have hired Daniel and Innovation Painting to do work at my house. Daniel is prompt and does high quality work! He also gets the job done quickly and charges a good price! I highly recommend Daniel and his staff!

Description of Work
Painted front door to cherry red. Painted bookshelves white to match with fire mantle. Also, stained and painted hardwood tables outside in backyard.

Category flooring contractor, house painters, interior painters, doors