Hiring a contractor without a license might cost less, but it could result in repairs, fines, and even legal fees. Always verify a contractor’s license, bonding, and liability insurance. We’ve outlined the risks of unlicensed contractors here.
Get matched with top general contractors in Red Bluff, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local general contractors.
Recent General Contractors Reviews in Red Bluff
- Greg Moore, Master Builder LLCThings went good. "Greg's a great guy...give him a try". He works with you. We will be using him again.
- Gamache Construction IncVery quick and responsive. Mike Gamache was a real straight shooter. He was the only contractor that I talked to that I felt like I could get on the same level. Once we started mike was really helpful working with me around my work schedule and working on his days off. He was always there when I asked and he always was the guy dealing with problems I had and fixed them ASAP read less
- R&D ConstructionExcellent. Rick Lemler is an execellent contractor. He recommended several local companies to order cabinets, plumbing supplies, flooring etc. The work has been done in a timely manner and I would definately use him again. In fact, he did a remodel with a new garage added on in the winter 2008/2009 which was also done to perfection. We have been very pleased with his workmanship, his sub contractors and his crew. We will use him more this year to remodel both bathrooms read less
- Swords ConstructionWe have been very impressed with Michael Swords and his fine crew. They are all very professional, kind, friendly, polite, punctual - all were always there when they said they would be - , always called if he or his crew were running at all late' - crew members were always there when promised. Asked for payment only when the job was finished, so we paid in increments. We always felt we could trust both he and all his fine crew and subcontractors - all extremely hard workers. Excellent work, craftsmanship. Spent extra time getting special permits we needed. He is almost finished with transforming our 'fixer' into a beautiful and comfortable home. We have been extremely pleased with his work on both our Shingletown house and Shasta Lake house (extensive exterior and interior work on SL house). We originally found him on Angie's list llast March. What a blessing to find people you can trust!!! Thank you Troy, David, Joe and Michael for your honesty, integrity, talent and hard work. You guys are something else! A+++++ Bonnie and Jonatha read less
- WoodStone ConstructionMy wife and I were looking to convert our home to a rental, and we needed to do it on a tight budget in a short amount of time. The high-level overview of the project was to remodel the master bathroom, convert a living room to a bedroom, and tile about 1,000 square feet. In the end, we also asked them to fix many small items around the house from finishing the garage cabinets to installing new baseboards and dozens of little items in between. I found an ad for WoodStone Construction and decided to give them a call after a bid from a and quot;friend of a friendand quot; came in much higher than expected. WoodStone came in at 40% less than the competitor and was available to commence work almost immediately. There are several crews that work for WoodStone, so they were able to fit me in quickly with the other projects they were working on. Even though I knew it's best to list everything I wanted done at the start, I did have several additional requests that they were able to work in quickly with the rest of the project. Although my wife and I aren't very creative individuals, we do appreciate good design when we see it. We asked Josh's advice on several design decisions during the remodel projects and he usually gave us several alternatives. We were very pleased with how each of them turned out - for example, where to place the new closet, how to design the closet, and where to place the new door. He even offered some suggestions, the most beneficial one was that we replace the carpeting in the hallway with tile. The reasoning was that the hallway gets a lot of traffic and it eliminates the need to try and match carpet from the hallway to the bedrooms. He also noted that some of the exterior wood structure was weathered and needed painting before it became affected by dry rot. I liked the fact that there was a broad range of workers available to work on the projects because it meant we wouldn't pay general contractor rates for all the tasks. On a few occasions, I was given the choice of having apprentices do the work which I decided to do. Their rates were a little less, yet the work was still done very well and in a timely manner. I met most if not all of the workers and was very impressed by their competency, courtesy, professionalism, and non-intrusiveness. It was quickly apparent that everyone took pride in their work. The bottom line is that WoodStone Construction did an outstanding job for our family, and I highly recommend them to friends and colleagues read less
- Hughes Construction6 weeks of work, probably would have gone faster if I had picked out and ordered a few things sooner (lights, blinds, hardware). Shane is a hard worker and he uses quality subs. He was good at keeping me in my budget.
- Gamache Construction IncI had a catastrophic dishwasher leak in my home. After a restoration company came through and basically tore my kitchen apart, Gamache Construction came in and repaired the damage. They arrived early and on the day they said they would come. They did the work very professionally and quickly. They cleaned up their mess and took the refuse with them. After years of having unreliable and overpriced contractors and workmen in my home, Gamache Construction was like a breath of fresh air! In the future should I need any work done on my home I will definitely call them first! read less
- Counter FitThey screwed up big time. First my sink was to be under mounted. The guy cut the hole to big for the sink. I even handed him the template he tossed it to the side. Then they never sealed the countertops. Now around the sink the granite is turn black. Mind you that I purchased these back in june 2020 they installed them in august. Been calling them since . Finally now October of 2020 I got an email saying that they were coming out monday the 12 of October. Let's see read less
- FAMBROUGH CONSTRUCTION2/2004 this company was hired to frame out my new house. They performed so slowly that years went by. The building department actually red tagged (stopped) construction because the work was done so poorly. I am entering this narrative so others do not use this company and have to suffer.
Contractors in Red Bluff
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and Screens read lessRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Family owned & operated. We over see subcontractors for electrical and plumbing.Recent Review:This is the second time I have worked with the Gamache crew. Not only is their work exceptionally they make the process as painless as possible. I highly recommend them for any house project you may have.Lois T.
- Business Description:We are full service Handyman and Restoration Firm. We specialize in quality home improvements and effeciate restoration services.
- Business Description:Hughes Construction is a remarkable construction and remodeling firm, serving Northern California since 2007. Our projects have been recognized locally and statewide. We work with the areas’s finest Architects and Interior Designers. We are a licensed, bonded, and insured company that specializes in developing residential homes or general contracting any structure. We do use subcontractors on our jobs who are all licensed and insured. We give free estimates on all jobs. We also specialize in .. read lessRecent Review:When looking for a custom home builder in the Redding area I came across Hughes Construction. The one thing that made me call him was other reviews on how well Shane communicates. I can say that I have had a great experience with Shane and that of all the subs that I have contacted for my custom home Shane was the best communicator of them all. It’s nice to have a contractor that wants your business enough that they keep you up to date with where they are in the bidding process. If anyone reading this is having problems staying in the loop with their contractor I suggest you call Hughes construction. You won’t be disappointed read lessAaron H.
- Business Description:4 employees. Industrial and domestic sales and service of all types of sewing machines..
- Business Description:JNR Construction is passionate about serving people through wholehearted care and expertise in broad scope, as well as finely detailed, remodeling and building projects. We desire for our clients to feel at peace beginning with the first point of contact and lasting into their enjoyment of the completed work read less
- Business Description:Excellent customer service, and satisfaction Lic. # 844689 Free estimates 20% senior discount 5% Angie's list discount Specializing in hard to fix problems DON'T GO INSANE CALL SHANERecent Review:Work was fast , crew were very good, worked hard. They were polite, answered our questions. We were very pleased with the work--removed old cement in garage and all the roots of trees, laid rebar, and poured cement. It is nice and level now. l <br / read lessLinda B.
- Business Description:I have 30 years of experience buildng custom homes from design to clients moving in. All work performed in a professional,conscientious,efficient and a timely manner.Free estimatesRecent Review:unknownDENNIS B.
- Business Description:General Construction
- Business Description:We are general contractors. We have a great team of licensed sub-contactors that work with us.Recent Review:I liked everything about them. My overall experience with them was excellent. Their price was excellent. The quality of work was excellent. Their responsiveness and punctuality was excellent. They were very professional. I would work with them again read lessJanis F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful contractor articles
Some homeowners may be uneasy about letting contractors use their bathroom, but it could be advantageous to everyone. Here’s what you should consider before setting a bathroom policy for workers at your home and some possible alternatives.
There are so many options for paying contractors that it can be tricky to choose. Whether you choose cash, apps, or checks, there are ways to go about it safely and easily. From payment methods to payment terms, we’ve got your breakdown.
Find general contractors in
- Los Molinos
- Palo Cedro
- Bella Vista
- Shasta Lake
- Forest Ranch
general contractors in Red Bluff
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- adkins Construction Co.3100 Ark Way
- AL'S CHIMNEY CLEANING INC.579 el camino real suite #2
- Allens Construction2230 Walbridge St
RED BLUFF, California
- American Craftsman GBC Inc.17615 Dolores Dr.
- American Service's5056 Bellevue Ln.
- adkins Construction Co.
- JNR Construction20158 Jill Lane
- JNR Construction
- Ludwig Sewing Machine Company991 Lake Blvd., A1
- Ludwig Sewing Machine Company
- Mohawk Construction Services1095 Hilltop Dr
- Mohawk Construction Services
- P&S Development1045 Ona ln
- P&S Development
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
- Shane Rodriguez Construction19646 Stoneyford Place
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space