When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Palm Desert, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Palm Desert
- VOORHEIS & VOORHEIS, INC.Jeff was great to work with! He responded quickly to my inquiry about needing a survey, his crew who came out to do the survey was very friendly and provided me with a lot of information, and his price was extremely fair for the work performed. I highly recommend this company, and have even passed along his information to my architect to refer clients to in the future
- VOORHEIS & VOORHEIS, INC.They were organized in the lead-up to the survey. During the survey they took the time to explain how they were conducting the survey as well as the results. After the survey when I had a question I was able to speak to the owner of the company on a Saturday, who took the time to walk me through some of the boundary marking. In addition to doing the work, doing it well, and explaining it as I needed, they are reasonable, pleasant, and professional people. It was truly a pleasure working with them
- VOORHEIS & VOORHEIS, INC.Jeff and Team were awesome. We had just moved and there was some ambiguity with our neighbors boundary walls. We wanted to get a boundary survey done so we could make sure we understood our property boundries. I called Jeff and he immediately put me at ease with his approach and questions. I knew I was in good hands. We had a date scheduled and a few days before he called to let me know it was going to rain and we should move to ensure his team is able to do a thorough job. I agreed and he was right it pored the day they were supposed to show. The team came next week and did a very thorough and professional job. They placed markers and flags as promised , walked me and my neighbor through each point . Answered all our questions, the follow up was excellent too, we got a copy of the draft survey within 24 hours and then final submitted survey as soon as it was available from the county. Jeff was always there to respond to any questions we had. Definitely recommend Voorhees & Voorhees if you are looking for peace of mind working with professiona
- Secutrac EngineeringFor months I have been conflicted with how best to communicate my dissatisfaction. I generally think no one wins in court, and also I neither have the time nor inclination to continue to interface with Secutrac to satisfy myself. So, I figured at least with this review, someone else will be better informed. Anyone attempting to remove this, let it be known I have evidence (marked with “E”) for everything mentioned, and where things were verbal, I’m confident others will support me (“O”). Will happily provide evidence to keep this review up. TDLR Version: A certified civil and structural engineer, who I believe owns the company: • Did not show up to meetings with contractors. (O) • Failed to produce a preliminary map with over 7 months of work. He worked from November 2020 to July 2021 and still did not have even a preliminary map. No WQMP on the map. (E) • Did not know the California ADU rules, could not locate them by himself, and refused to make certain placements until I provided them to him. (E) • Did not know fire turnaround rules. Was even questioned by myself and other contractors working with me. He continued to defended it until the city notified him in a preliminary review that he was incorrect. (E) (O) • Did not know that, for WQMP purposes, the surrounding area of the property must also be surveyed. Added another invoice for that work. (E) • Approached several conversations in a hostile tone. This incudes with me (even the aforementioned ADU discussion was unexpectedly adversarial) (Partial E), contractors (in regards to how slope lines were drawn… don’t ask) (O), and the city. He literally raised his voice during a zoom call with the city (again… don’t even ask, but for factual purposes it was helping us understand lot lines might change once we actually do the WQMP) (O). • Did not fully read emails and attachments, resulting in time and money overages. Best example was related to placements of homes on the lots. Contractors and I spent hours placing homes and accessory structures, then contractors sent him the placements on March 29, 2021 (E). Instead of looking at the placements, he did his own placements which were worse, and he charged extra for (E). By May 10, 2021, the home placements were still wrong (e.g. garages facing the rear of the lot, driveways incorrect on 4 other lots). (E) • Behaved unpredictably. Example: He sent me an email on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 10:10 PM demanding I meet him in person the next week. I couldn’t make it in-person but sent out a video conference in a meeting invite. The response: "...I will put the project on hold until we physically reviewed...I await for the time when you will be available to meet at my office." In essence, he (professional service provider) refused to speak with me (client) and/or continue working on the project unless/until I met with him in person to discuss a topic. What topic? He also did not tell me what the topic was about, even after being asked in subsequent emails. (E)(O) • Refused to provide CAD files (E) when we "broke up," which admittedly is not entirely unusual and per the agreement (E). I pressed on getting the raw survey data, so at least I wouldn’t have to re-start on that. The next engineer could not even rely on the survey data contained in multiple files. This is due to the fact that some of the areas overlapped across files, and where they overlapped, the elevations did not match (O)(E). So basically, after spending more than $25k, all I got in the end was a pdf. No surveying, no CAD. Basically a map with rough grading and lot information. • Did not return the retainer at the end of the day (per the agreement)(E), instead sent me a zero-amount invoice with the exact amount negated by “meetings with client” and “client contractors” and supposed WQMP work (not included in any deliverables provided to me). (E
- VOORHEIS & VOORHEIS, INC.My residential construction project was abruptly put on hold when a city inspector required a survey to verify the property boundaries. Unfortunately good surveyors are in high demand (at least 4 weeks out), and Voorheis and Voorheis was no exception. However, after discussing my job with Jeff, he thought he'd be able to work it in very soon between other clients. Jeff patiently answered my questions, and I ultimately felt confident to hire them for the survey. I was really happy with their thoroughness and professionalism, and ultimately the city inspector was satisfied and approved our setbacks. Thanks to Voorheis and Voorheis for getting my project quickly back on track with their excellent and timely work
- Human Nature Design & Construction Incthe over all experience with HND was very good, they provide us with wonderful design options and sketches that was finalizing to the complete design that we love and visions. HND was always on time and deliver what they promise us they will do. Their design team was very nice, professional and always on time. HND give us the confident that they will do the best they can according to the plans and give us the best services that they can according to our needs. their work was done in a very high quality and professionalize
- Human Nature Design & Construction IncLeo from HND Construction was very professional and detailed with his work. He guided us from the beginning to the end. He knew what he was doing and he was trustworthy.. His workers were on time for work and at the end of the day they cleaned up the job site so that it was clean and organized.We felt it was not as difficult to stay at home during the construction as we thought it would be. Leo stayed in our budget and finished the project in the time frame that we hoped for. Although we knew that the Construction process could be stressful and unpleasant, Leo and his workers made the process easier than we expected. We are very satisfied with the Human Nature Design crew
- Human Nature Design & Construction IncThroughout the project development and construction, Leo provided his personal time and attention to questions and made sure that the plans met code requirements and that construction was completed according to specifications. His crew was always prompt and courteous, and responsive to our needs.
- Human Nature Design & Construction IncLeo from Human Nature Design & Construction, was very Professional and with broad knowledge. He help us finish the project on time. He deliver what he said he will do from the beginning up to the end. We was very happy with the final result.
- VOORHEIS & VOORHEIS, INC.They were helpful, friendly, professional and efficient, really knew what they were doing, explained to me in detail whatever I asked them to, kept me informed of the process, and were careful and respectful on my property (like not trampling plants). They followed up and encouraged me to call if I had any questions. Highly recommended
Land Surveyors in Palm Desert
- Business Description:Go Green Construction (Lic # 889248) is a general contractor serving the greater Los Angeles area. We build healthy homes that not only benefit their owners, but generations to follow. General Contractor specializing in Creating Healthy Living Environment for Your Family: Certified "Build-it-Green" Builder, EPA Lead Safe Certified, Non-Toxic Home Specialist. Whether you're looking to create a bigger kitchen, a new nursery, a completely new dream home, or upgrade your home to lower your energ..Recent Review:<p>Fernando and his team are friendly, knowledgeable. prompt, and skilled. He stood up for our special needs and provides contractors with information when we needed something redone. It turned out to be a big job because the house is so old, but we are very happy with the results. I am feeling safe among the nontoxic products we used. This was a very stressful undertaking because I had to research every product that was used because of my sensitivities. Fernando evaluated my proposals against the work and gave us great feed back, even giving us alternatives. We were out of the house several months, but he kept us completely involved in the decisions and we really liked working with him. The house was vacuumed and dusted very frequently during the whole process, the household contents and hard wood floors cared for as well as you could expect given the enormous job. We provided a list of requests about the environment in our home, about no smoking, no noxious fumes in the house, no trash, insecticides, or perfumes, and all about the safe products to be used. He posted our requests so contractors would all know. We will be done with the project soon.<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /></p> <p><br /></p> <p>.</p> <p><br /></p> <br /Patty & Paul M.
- Business Description:Contact us at (951) 695-3900 in Temecula, CA, for our comprehensive civil engineering and environmental engineering services.
- Business Description:Util-Locate has been in business since 2001 serving all of Southern California. We range in clientele from residential homeowners to major general contractors, architects, engineers, school districts, colleges, hospitals, and municipalities
- Business Description:LICENSE #: 759817.Recent Review:Shelly came out before we bought our house to do an inspection and provided a report and estimate for work within a day. The day we got the keys to the house, his team was there, early, and ready to work. They did the work on budget, on time and left the house cleaner than it was when they started. I was most concerned about leveling the house out because it's an 80 year old house with a lot of "settling," and I was nervous there'd be a lot of damage when they leveled the house, which they warned us could happen. It didn't and they did an amazing job leveling the house. The only thing I'm unsure of is that we had a problem with the gas line to the water heater and had to have the gas company out about a week later. We don't know if this happened when they were down in the basement bolting the house, but we got it fixed quickly and with minimal expense.Nina G.
- Business Description:WE PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL LAND SURVEYING SERVICES TO PRIVATE INDIVIDUALS, HOME OWNERS, CONTRACTORS, ARCHITECTS, ENGINEERS, LAWYERS AND OTHERS THAT MIGHT HAVE A NEED TO ESTABLISH PROPERTY LINES, OR NEW STURCTURE LOCATION AS REQUIRED BY CITY BUILDING INSPECTORRecent Review:I spoke to Bill Rastocky several times on the phone, and he was very pleasant. He's obviously been in the business a long time and knows his stuff. His bid was nearly half the price of several other quotes I received, and given that surveys are so expensive, I decided to go with this company. He requested full payment up front; I told him I was not comfortable with paying in full before a service is complete and would send him a check for $450 and pay the balance upon completion of the work. I then emailed all the paperwork I had from the title documentation for my home. We last spoke on a Monday and tentatively set the date for the work on that Thursday. I had not heard from him and called and left a message on Weds to confirm the appointment. My call was returned by "Dan" who was very irate and agitated that I did not send full payment and claimed that my documentation was unreadable and there was no way they were going to come out and do the job the next day. This very angry phone call was a surprise given the positive interactions I had with Bill. The deposit check was promptly returned upon my request. The survey work for my home was completed by another company. <br /Nicole W.
- Business Description:We specialize in radius maps and ownership mailing labels for the public noticing requirements of conditional use permit, variance, and site plan applications for hundreds of cities within the Los Angeles, San Bernardino, and Riverside Counties. Our maps and mailing lists are done by a professional planner who has experience with the municipal planning process, and has dealt extensively with community development professionals, city planners, building technicians, public works officials, and..
- Business Description:Additional Phone Numbers - (805) 641-9333Recent Review:They were careful to put plastic everywhere. It smelled for a couple of days but was told that was to be expected. I would hire them again. We then had a plasterer but a super smooth finish and when dry 2 days the painters came in. $2200. (Price a bit high next time would get more bids for plastersMelin B.
- Business Description:Professional Land Surveying for Los Angeles County
- Business Description:We are land surveyors based out of Santa Clarita. Contact us for comprehensive services in Southern California.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Palm Desert
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- C & C Paving CompanyPO Box 16154
North Hollywood, California 91615
- CAL-QUAKE CONSTRUCTION636 N FORMOSA AVENUE
Los Angeles, California 90036
- CALIFORNIA LAND SERVICES, INC.13317 VENTURA BLVD SUITE F-1
Sherman Oaks, California 91423
- Coast & Valley Land Surveying Inc7045 La Fonda Ct.
Ventura, California 93003
- C & C Paving Company
- Integrated Paver Systems13150 Lone Stallion Ln
Corona, California 92883
- Integrated Paver Systems
- Precision Environmental, Inc.2945 Townsgate Rd. Suite 200
Westlake Village, California 91361
- Precision Environmental, Inc.
- Secutrac Engineering43300 Business Park Drive, Suite 205
Temecula, California 92590
- Secutrac Engineering