We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Door-Mart Garage Doors

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2010

4.1

11286 Pyrites Way Ste 110

Gold River, CA 95670

From its inception our company’s vision has been to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction in all aspects of our work and we will continue to uphold to these principles. We try to provide honest, reliable, and affordable services, striving that all work done will adhere to your

11/04/2019

Vera M.

They sent a technician that looked like a young boy to fix the garage keypad malfunction. All of a sudden the pad started working and he could not tell me why. I demanded to know the reason, so that I will be able to troubleshoot or prevent this kind of issues. He refused to do that and I had to pay him. Now the amount they want for a visit doubled. And the same issue kept happening with some variations. Now the remote is malfunctioning and the garage opening and closing mechanism is unreliable and difficult to set as well. That is the one that is operating with the use of the hanging rope. Door Mart refuses to address that with me over the phone and answer a couple questions before I call their technician. They demand a visit. I always try to troubleshoot it before a costly visit. They told me that since the garage door was installed 3 years ago, they are not obligated to talk to me. But isn't it just good business to answer some simple questions? They told me to call another garage door company for questions. And my answer was why should I. They are not the ones that had installed my garage door. Also the person that had installed my door did that in a hurry. He told me he wanted to avoid a rush traffic. He left a few wires hanging out in the motor area so it was unsightly. I would not hire someone that cannot deal with loose ends after their product is installed. After any installation there can be issues.

Description of Work
Install garage door

06/14/2017

Jan B.

Overall it was a good experience. Somehow the door style I ordered was different than what they received. Size, color and fit were fine, but it had an upgraded top panel. They gave me the upgrade complimentary. Unfortunately one of the small glass panels was broken. Their supplier dragged their feet on getting the replacement glass so it took longer than expected; but the door was fully functional the whole time and the glass was replaced a few weeks later.

Description of Work
Replaced garage door

03/13/2017

Claudia L.

Repairman Derek came on time and examined the door opener, gave an estimate before beginning the work and repaired the problem, in addition to performing maintenance. Informed me of the remaining life of the mechanism. Very thorough.

Description of Work
Garage door opener malfunctioned.

11/21/2016

Ken M.

He was late 2 hours for my appointment, but excellent job installation.

Description of Work
New warranty spring, cables and rollers.

08/24/2016

KERRY M.

This work was done a year ago. They sent out a young man who replaced the spring. The garage door then worked so slowly that a month later they sent out another technician. The door was not balanced correctly. Last night the door broke again. Called and left messages but no response. Hired someone else to come out. They charge a ridiculous amount of money and their responsiveness is less than adequate.

Description of Work
Repair broken spring

04/20/2015

Jan B.

Terrible service, overcharhed. We finally brought in Overhead Doors, fixed the door in fifteen minutes...all it needed was cable adjustment and lube, bill came to $65. Now that compares to the thievery of Door-Mart who got us for $250. According to garage door expert the Door-Mart repairman did not know what he was doing. The door was not serviced. The repairman even improperly installed the able guides, two flimsy pieces of coathanger material, which he did not itemize on the bill. I requested to speak to a manager, still no call back. I googled Door-Mart and there are several similar complaints. Evidently the parentcompany hires locals, but handles orders centrally. In short they use a contractor license statewide, but their representatives have no validity at all. So, lousylate arrivals, no itemized bill and massive overcharging. I have filed complaints with the Better Business Burea, and California Consumer Affairs.

Description of Work
Almost ruined garage door. Massively overcharged and did not itemize bill. Door fix lasted two weeks then door nearly fell on floor, came off guides, cables snarled. The thief,I mean repairpman, installed flimsy cable guides, did not adjust or lube door. Door repair did not last a month. I asked to speak o manager and was stonewalled...

11/26/2014

Chris P.

I don't know what I expected. A fellow came out and checked the door and the moving parts. He put grease on parts that moved and I think he adjusted the tension. It didn't take him long but the door is working fine so I guess what he did worked. It's been awhile but he seemed to do an OK job.

Description of Work
Checked the garage door, greased moving parts.

10/31/2014

Bill M.

A spring broke on our garage door so I called Door Mart, as they had put in a new garage door opener for us in past and did okay. I asked what they would charge to replace both springs. She said it would depend on which springs are needed, said there were 25 different models and they would have to look at the job. She said they would charge $59 to come out that evening and look, or $19 if we could wait until the next day. We opted for the cheaper daytime appointment. He took advantage of my wife and quoted her $437 to replace both springs. Wife could not reach me at my job, so she told them "okay." He was finished in 20 minutes and had charged my wife $330 for 20 minutes of labor, plus $117 for parts. I cheched around after the fact and found the going rate for such a job is $225 to $250 max. I checked Door Mart's website that says estimates are free, so the quoted price to show up at our house ($59 at night or $19 in daytime) was bogus. I called the Door Mart headquarters at Gold River, CA, told them what transpired. They refused to make any adjustment, said we work by the job. I asked if they charge $437 when they have competition on a job and got a non-answer. I asked if he thought $330 was a fair labor price for 20 minutes work and got another non-answer. Don't call Door Mart or they will totally take financial advantage of you, your wife and the situation of your needing to be able to open or close your garage door in order for you to be able to protect your belongings. By the way, I checked too late to find out they have a Better Business Bureau rating of "F," which they well deserve. STAY AWAY FROM "DOOR MART."

Description of Work
He replaced both springs on my steel, 2-car garage door.

08/23/2014

Judy B.

I called Door Mart around 5:30 p.m. The person on the phone said he would arrive to fix my broken garage door between 7 and 10 p.m. He did not show up and he did not call, so I went to bed and to sleep at 10:15. At 11 a phone call woke me up (assume it was him), but I did not answer as it was far too late and I had been sound asleep. Today I am looking for someone else to fix my garage door.

Description of Work
Did not show up.

06/29/2014

Debbie M.

From the beginning we knew what we wanted. After meeting with Laverne, the salesperson, we came up with a design and door that we knew would fit all our needs. Laverne is very personable and professional. We needed to pick the paint for the door, and that proved to be a process. We had decided to pour colored concrete in the driveway prior to installing the new garage door, and that made the color selection a little difficult. With the delay on our side they were still able to meet the installation date. The installation went smoothly and we are thrilled with our new garage door.

Description of Work
Remove old and install new garage door.

06/03/2014

Freeman H.

This provider advertised a one hour response time in the yellow pages but indicated it would be two to three hours before arrival. The service man just made the three hour window - 2:45. He was very professional and took just 25 minutes to complete the job. However, the price was much higher than I anticipated - in fact, it was two times what I had recently paid another provider to do the same task. Even thought it was after normal business hours, the service man said that he had been instructed NOT to charge after-hour rates. The price makes me think that factor was already built in to the cost. Unless there has been a huge increase in price across the board at all garage door repair companies, I will definitely shop around and find another to use should this unfortunate type of accident occur again. (The door hit a cabinet that stuck out an inch too far - it's on rollers).

Description of Work
The provider re-aligned a garage door and replaced some rollers.

05/27/2014

James L.

It went absolutely HORRIBLE. The tech that came out was rude to my sister, was rude to me, and was installing a door for us.. a new one we thought! but no....it was used! the sides of it had grease all over it and a dent in the middle! we had to have them remove it and give us a new one after waiting another 2 weeks...

Description of Work
They installed a garage door at my home

Category garage doors, doors

04/30/2014

Jesse S.

RUDE girl answered phone, i couldn't get a straight answer out of her. I knew what parts i need from another estimate but she refused to give me even a ball park figure. She insisted she send a tech out to assess the door before giving me a quote and that there would be a service charge to do this. FAIL FAIL FAIL. DO NOT USE THIS SO CALLED COMPANY. I went with a local company and they did give a quote over phone that ended up 25 $ less than expected.

03/29/2014

Katrina W.

great service...honest...efficient

Description of Work
oiled and cleaned tracks - checked all moving parts

02/07/2014

Celeste H.

It was fine. One is still sounding terrible. The price seemed a bit high. Schedulig was also fine and convenient.

Description of Work
They provided a garage door reconditioning and replaced rollers.

01/19/2014

Diane C.

The work went just fine. The workman was prompt, courteous and efficient. | |My only concern was the responsiveness (delay) in hearing from Door Mart to get the work done. I paid for the garage reconditioning back in July 2013. Per the contract, I was to have been contacted by them on or before Thursday 8/1/2013. I nearly forgot about the job after a while. I called them early January 2014. Once I called them, they immediately made an appointment, came out and got the work done the first week in January 2014.

Description of Work
Reconditioned the garage door (replaced missing nuts or bolts, lubricated the moving parts) replaced the old metal rollers with updated acrylic rollers.

01/08/2014

Jim T.

The garage door rollup spring broke and was replaced.

Description of Work
Replace the garage rollup spring.

01/02/2014

Sarah G.

I contacted this provider to repair two broken springs on my double garage door. The person answering the phone said she could not give me a quote because different size springs had different prices. She also said there would be a $39.00 fee for the provider to come to the house. The provider scheduled that a repair person would arrive within a 3 hour window. Just before the end of the third hour, the repairman called saying he would be 30 minutes late. I do understand that this can happen because they can not always predict the time a job may take. What I found crazy was that I was given a quote of $495.00 to replace two springs. I just felt that was excessive. The next morning I contacted two other garage door companies. One gave me a quote on the phone of $200. A Better Door Company gave me a quote of $155.00. He came within an hour and completed the work very quickly. I just do not understand how there can be such a difference in price for the same repair.

Description of Work
I chose not to use this provider because of the excessive quote.

12/18/2013

Marv S.

I was impressed by how quickly Door mart fit us into their schedule. Our technician was both knowledgable and good at explaining the company's services. I received helpful information about up-to-date options for possible solutions to problems we are having with a 13 year old garage door system.

Description of Work
Helped align a door that had been damaged so it would run properly. Gave advice and estimate on further repairs.

10/18/2013

RJ D.

There were additional costs to the $59 big deal. Whatever the average current price for rollers is they were perfectly competitive. So, the price they quoted was reasonable. They were very professional. The service technician was direct, but he did not try to over-sell anything. He was straightforward and identified the problem right away. He was quick to do his stuff. It was just a good experience.

Description of Work
We bought a big deal for Door-Mart. They came out to service our garage door and one of the springs had broken which was the problem was. So, we ended up buying a new spring.

10/08/2013

Lester B.

My experience with them was fine. It seemed to me that the young man who was going to do the work was going to charge me additional money for the wheels or new style wheels he was going to put in. I was puzzled about that and I was going to call somebody. He went out to the truck and I think he talked to somebody. Then, he came back and said that there was no additional charge. It was kind of odd, but the work was performed to my satisfaction. Everything was fine and everything went smoothly. There was just a little bit of a weird turn of events there in terms of the wheels. The price was fine.

Description of Work
I bought a big deal for Door-Mart. They replaced the wheels on my garage door. I have a garage door opener so there are wheels that fit into a truck that enables the garage door to open. The wheels that I did have were metal and they were replaced with nylon ones which are supposed to be quieter I think.

10/07/2013

Louis L.

The provider was fast, efficient, and knowledgable. I was pleased with the job he did.

Description of Work
Replaced the broken springs, replaced the door rollers, lubed the track system

10/02/2013

Tracy E.

I thought it was odd that the service package I ordered stated that I was to get all new rollers. When the tech arrived he indicated that he isn't the normal person who does this work and then we were lucky that he happened to have a set of rollers in his truck. I would think that they would have read the deal that I had purchased before coming to the house and made sure that the rollers were available. I guess I lucked out! It all worked out.

Description of Work
checked the garage door operation and changed out the rollers.

10/01/2013

Belle E.

Given that my 10-year old garage door is not an expensive one and I never had it serviced before, I did not know what to expect except for what was stated on the coupon, which appeared to be rather basic work. The serviceman had the personality of a dead plant and only smiled as he left. It was like it was boring work for him, and he did not want to be there. The upshot of the whole experience was that, for $99.00, I got 30 minutes work, and my pull chain is less noisy as a result. Pretty good hourly rate! And then, a couple of weeks later, a coupon for $49 was offered with the same job description from another company. Would I call them for service again? Nah.

Description of Work
He visually "inspected" the motor without opening the cover. He applied a silicone goo to the pull chain, and replaced the rollers in the track. I asked him a question about the bottom gasket-type seal at the bottom of the door, a question about the light bulbs in the motor compartment, which he answered as briefly and succinctly as he could.

09/27/2013

Sondra S.

I called in the evening of the 19th thinking I could only perhaps leave a message but a very nice lady took all my information and said they would have a technician out between 9 and 12 the next day. the following morning they called to say he was running late and would be half an hour later and was that okay. It was. About 40 minutes later the technician phoned to verify the address. He was using a GPS and the address given to him had the incorrect spelling of the street address. So... he was about 25 miles away from where I was. He had to back track to get to me but arrived as quickly as possible. His name was Gene. He assessed the problem, advised me how much it would be and immediately set about to fix the door. He tested everything as he went along. At the end he advised me what I could do to prevent further problems, had me run a test with him present and I paid him what he had told me would be the cost. He was very efficient and polite. I really liked the way he went about his work without any chit chat. I would definitely hire him again if I had another problem.

Description of Work
Reinforced the garage door and re-attached the garage door opener to the garage door.