Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
Get matched with top land surveyors in San Rafael, CA
There are 2 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in San Rafael
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsBRYAN PERFORMED THE ORIGINAL SURVEY ON OUR PROPERTY JUST AFTER PURCHASE AND HAS CONTINUED TO PROVIDE AMAZING SERVICE WHEN NEEDED SINCE. HE RECENTLY WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AS WE WORKED TO RESOLVE A CONFLICT WITH A NEIGHBOR REGARDING THE TRUE LOCATION OF THE PROPERTY LINE.
- Vegvary Land SurveyingMr. Vergvary was super helpful. it turned out that I did not need a full survey, and was able to figure out the property line with relatively minor cost. I really appreciated the honest and straightforward approach.
- Asbuilt Services - MidWestASBUILT SERVICES DID AN EXCELLENT JOB. THEY WERE PROFESSIONAL AND ON TIME. DRAWINGS WERE COMPLETED OF THE ENTIRE PROPERTY ALONG WITH HOUSE MEASUREMENTS. I NEEDED TO HIRE THIS SERVICE (WHICH WAS EXPENSIVE) BECAUSE NO FLOOR PLANS WERE AVAILABLE DUE TO THE AGE OF THE HOUSE. THE CITY WOULD NOT APPROVE ANY HOUSE MODIFICATIONS WITHOUT EXISTING CONDITIONS
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorHe was great. When it became difficult to find the back boundary he suggested I could save money by "estimating" the boundary and he would not have to file a new claim. It was a much more reasonable cost for this survey then I suspected.
- Jacobs Steven H Land SurveyorI was really happy with them. Their price was great and I got a sense that they were a really good company. I think that it was a complicated job because of the nature of land I have but they did a really good job. It took a little longer than I thought it would take but the outcome was great.
Land Surveyors in San Rafael
- Business Description:Pridmore & Company offers all aspects of professional land surveying services as well as consulting for land planning and development. Coming from a family of builders, engineers and contractors with deep roots in the Napa area, we understand how complex the development and permitting processes can be. For this reason, we truly enjoy assisting our clients with their unique projects and needs. We aim to provide high-quality work, knowledge and advice so that your project will be completed in..Recent Review:It went perfect. They came out, they did the surveying and they send out a result to me and they were super friendlyRyan H.
- Business Description:Land Surveying ServicesRecent Review:Lillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work withCarolyn Y.
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:No one emailed me or called me. No work was discussed or done.Coral E.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..Recent Review:They never emailed or called me. I never got to hire them.Coral E.
- Business Description:Providing Land Surveying Services to the Bay Area Since 1975
- Business Description:Focused Aerial Imagery Service supercharges marketing materials with jaw dropping aerial videos and photos. We'll increase awareness of your property and highlight it's attributes with our Emmy Award winning staff! SF Bay, C
- Business Description:[Visit www.adobeinc.com for more details.] Recognized as one of the top Land Surveying and Civil Engineering firms in the North Bay, Adobe Associates, Inc. provides Land Surveying, Civil Engineering, Land Planning, and Wastewater Design services for the development of private and public projects. Since 1982 Adobe Associates, Inc. has helped thousands of clients to maximize the value of their projects by finding potential opportunities others often miss, creating practical, accurate design sol..
- Business Description:Lea and Braze Engineering is a Consulting Civil Engineering and Surveying firm. We have been active in the San Francisco Bay Area for over twenty-five years, working as team members on construction and development projects of varying sizes. We have grown through the years from a small start-up to a solid medium-sized company with a positive working environment and a reputation for high-quality design and surveying work. Our areas of expertise and experience include subdivision and land planni..Recent Review:The price was about the same as quoted by another popular surveyor, and they were able to come out the day after I signed the contract. The surveyors were very friendly and efficient, and I received the survey documents electronically and by mail very quickly. When the contractor required more detail, they provided it electronically within an hourMadeleine F.
- Business Description:Remodeling and building homes.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, designing a new addition, or dreaming up a new fence? Hiring a land surveyor is an important step for many big projects. Check out how much a property survey costs and how to budget for this important professional.
How much does it cost to clear land? The answer depends on the size of the terrain, how densely forested it is, and the general accessibility of the site. This guide goes over all the factors involved in your land clearing cost.
Find land surveyors in
- San Anselmo
- Corte Madera
- Mill Valley
- Belvedere Tiburon
- Stinson Beach
- San Pablo
- El Sobrante
- El Cerrito
land surveyors in San Rafael
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Corland Consulting2007 Buchanan Street, #1
San Francisco, California
- Corland Consulting
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES40 HUMBOLDT CT
- DOMINGUEZ ASSOCIATES
- Oberkamper & Associates7200 Redwood Blvd Ste 308
- Oberkamper & Associates
- Solar Land Partners12672 Kane Dr
- Solar Land Partners
- Turnrose Land SurveyingP.O. Box 5648
Redwood City, California
- Turnrose Land Surveying
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying721 Tuolumne St
- Virgil Chavez Land Surveying