How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Concord, CA
There are 1 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Concord
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsI have done many projects with Bryan and Lillian. They are super accurate and comprehensive in their work.
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Vegvary Land SurveyingHe was professional and prompt. He was able to get us into his schedule quickly. I was very comfortable working with him. He was from the area, so that was nice, too. Everyone was happy with his accurate assessment.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorIt went well. I contacted a bunch of land surveyors and these guys were ready to show up immediately the next day, most of them were trying to schedule like a months or so. I think I wanted an Elevation Certificate from them, they simply did it promptly the next day and they did for me Insurance and I got it
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI contacted Wade to see if he'd be able to come out and verify just two of the many corners of my property border. My land is a big lot that borders a good number of smaller lots that curve around it, so there are probably around 10 corners to the property. There was an enormous diseased tree within feet of what we thought was the property line, so, since we just bought the property a few months prior and didn't know about the tree, we wanted to make sure the tree was ours and the cost burden to remove it was ours. I will say that as a new homeowner, this is my first experience with pricing something like this so I did get quite a sticker shock. I wasn't able to get to the pricing stage with other surveyors I contacted because the first two I called were booked out for longer than I had available (I had a notice from the city with a deadline). I thought that $1400 was definitely a lot for marking two spots, but needed to get it done. In a long-ago past life I had a summer job on a surveying crew for road construction, so I know a little bit about what goes into it and I wasn't expecting to pay that much. However, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that it was in the ballpark of a going rate. At the time I was between a rock and hard place finding someone that had the availability, and now that it's said and done and paid I almost wouldn't want to know otherwise. I completely confess my ignorance in this regard. As far as the execution of the work, no complaints at all. He was responsive to my initial inquiry, prompt in scheduling the work, filed records with the city in a timely manner, and gave me the information I was looking for. (The suspense must be killing you - so, yes, the tree was on my property. It was a bummer but I was totally prepared for that outcome, decided to do the survey because the peace of mind was worth it, knowing I wasn't paying thousands to remove the tree if it wasn't my obligation.
- JAMES P TANNERI can't tell you how helpful and professional Jim was. I gave him a call and told him that we wanted to complete a Letter of Map Amendment for our property (which had been designated Zone AO). He asked me a few questions, then said he would do some research and call me back. When he called back, he explained that we had been misdesignated and needed to contact our mortgage company about it. Jim explained everything incredibly clearly and offered to complete a declaration form for me if I needed it, but suggested I try to fight without it first. After a few phone calls and some faxing, I was able to convince the flood company that did the original designation that they were wrong... no more flood insurance! And all because he was kind and professional enough to do the research and tell me the truth. Needless to say I will be sending him a nice little thank you gift. It's the least I can do for someone who just saved me hundreds of dollars a year
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorThey were very punctual, thorough and professional. It was a bit pricey, IMHO, but they did a great job and I would recommend them.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI have referred him to many people. They are qualified, competent, and timely. The work they have done has been excellent.
Last update on February 16, 2022
Land Surveyors in Concord
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Buying a new home, building a new addition, or planning a new fence? It’s wise to survey your property. Here's how much it'll cost to hire a land surveyor.
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Find land surveyors in
- Pleasant Hill,
- Walnut Creek,
- Bay Point,
- El Sobrante,
- El Cerrito,
land surveyors in Concord
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc961 Mitchell Way
El Sobrante, California 94803
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC7886 Ney Ave
Oakland, California 94605
- Pressure Wash Empire LLC
- Vegvary Land Surveying3527 Mount Diablo Blvd # 368
Lafayette, California 94549
- Vegvary Land Surveying
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.3001 Winchester Blvd. 11
Campbell, California 95032
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.