When safeguarding your basement, regrading your soil can protect your foundation from unwanted moisture and big problems down the road. Consider these five tips as you explore how to regrade your yard to help your foundation.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Oakley, CA
There are 0 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Oakley
- Bryan G. Taylor (BGT) Land SurveyorsLillian and Bryan is excellent. My project is on a very old lot with a lot of unique engineering. They are super communicative and professional. Very timely with responses and realistic with their timeline. They answered all my questions and walked me through the process as a first time builder. I HIGHLy recommend. Great to work with
- Total Control Surveys, LLCDave Sherman is a gem. I would give him 10 stars if I could. My husband and I needed a survey of our yard with particular attention to a property line that adjoined a next door neighbor who is in the process of putting up a wall around his property. We had heard that the owner of the other house had mentioned removing our chain link fence because he thought it went over his property line. Initially we tried contacting the company that did the survey associated with our fence installation. They were totally useless stating they couldn't fit us in for 10 weeks, and they refused to share their original survey with us because it was over 3 years old. We wanted clarification of where the line was so that the wall and fence ended up in the correct locations. We were so lucky to find Total Control Surveys on Angie's List. Dave spent almost three days doing our survey- much more than he anticipated. Markers had been removed which forced him to go up and down the street trying to get accurate readings. In addition, other markers were covered over or difficult to measure due to heavy growth on our property. When he completed his work, Dave learned that our fence was, in fact on our property. Instead of just relaying this information to us, Dave made the extra effort to find our neighbor's survey through building permits. He learned that our neighbor's surveyor had made a mistake which showed the back portion of our fence in our neighbor's yard. Dave then contacted that surveyor and discussed it, giving him the chance to make a correction. The other surveyor went back out and did indeed admit that he had made an mistake, and that our fence was not over the property line. Dave had to make multiple calls and send many emails to the other surveyor who wasn't anxious to investigate this. His efforts were invaluable. Dave is a perfectionist who is wonderful to deal with. We would definitely use his services again, and we highly recommend him
- Hogan Land ServicesWe recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you Rob
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorWe priced 4 different surveyors and Mr. Hammond was in the middle range. He was very responsive and quick to complete the survey once the onsite visit was made. Would be happy to use again and to recommend him to others.
- Carnes & Associatesbeing the first time I ever needed a survey, Gary took the time to call me a few times to go over the process and also gave me (at no extra cost) a few extra drawings and illustrations to show the easements and what they meant. due to the heavy rains in the Bay Area during this time, there was some delay on the survey, however, this could not be controlled and we ended up getting the work done and finalized to my satisfaction and also for the utility companies land department. highly recommend and would definitely use them agai
- LAMB SURVEYING INC.THE COMPANY CAME TO OUR PROPERTY AT THE TIME SET BY US FOR OUR APPOINTMENT. THEY TOLD US HOW LONG THE SURVEY WOULD TAKE AND BEGIN TO SET THE PROPERTY LINES WITH FLAGS AND STAKES. THEY THEN DIAGRAMED THE PROPERTY LINES FOR THE COUNTY PROPOSAL.
- JAMES P TANNERMr. Tanner did a great job for us. He was very responsive when we called him to set up the survey. He did a careful and thorough job on the survey itself. He goes out of his way to help people understand flood insurance issues so we can save money where possible.
- Wade Hammond Land SurveyorI contacted Wade to see if he'd be able to come out and verify just two of the many corners of my property border. My land is a big lot that borders a good number of smaller lots that curve around it, so there are probably around 10 corners to the property. There was an enormous diseased tree within feet of what we thought was the property line, so, since we just bought the property a few months prior and didn't know about the tree, we wanted to make sure the tree was ours and the cost burden to remove it was ours. I will say that as a new homeowner, this is my first experience with pricing something like this so I did get quite a sticker shock. I wasn't able to get to the pricing stage with other surveyors I contacted because the first two I called were booked out for longer than I had available (I had a notice from the city with a deadline). I thought that $1400 was definitely a lot for marking two spots, but needed to get it done. In a long-ago past life I had a summer job on a surveying crew for road construction, so I know a little bit about what goes into it and I wasn't expecting to pay that much. However, I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt that it was in the ballpark of a going rate. At the time I was between a rock and hard place finding someone that had the availability, and now that it's said and done and paid I almost wouldn't want to know otherwise. I completely confess my ignorance in this regard. As far as the execution of the work, no complaints at all. He was responsive to my initial inquiry, prompt in scheduling the work, filed records with the city in a timely manner, and gave me the information I was looking for. (The suspense must be killing you - so, yes, the tree was on my property. It was a bummer but I was totally prepared for that outcome, decided to do the survey because the peace of mind was worth it, knowing I wasn't paying thousands to remove the tree if it wasn't my obligation.
- Vegvary Land SurveyingMr. Vergvary was super helpful. it turned out that I did not need a full survey, and was able to figure out the property line with relatively minor cost. I really appreciated the honest and straightforward approach.
- Jacobs Steven H Land SurveyorI was really happy with them. Their price was great and I got a sense that they were a really good company. I think that it was a complicated job because of the nature of land I have but they did a really good job. It took a little longer than I thought it would take but the outcome was great.
Land Surveyors in Oakley
- Business Description:We are a full service land development company with 19 empoloyees, 2 licensed Civil/Structural engineers, 4 licensed surveyors and 8 highly experienced techniciansRecent Review:We recently purchased a new property in the Havenscourt area of Oakland and want to install a new fence around our property. Prior to embarking on re-fencing of our property, it was recommended that we look into hiring a surveyor to clearly mark our property boundaries. Robert (Rob) Stevenson from Hogan called me today to explain the history of our property & offer free advice: rather than pay for a formal survey (which would have to be done for our whole block, not only our lot, and would be quite expensive) he suggested speaking w/ our neighbors about our fencing project---particularly the neighboring apartment complex---to get buy-in. So his advice not only saved us a bundle of money, but he provided us with a history lesson and a realistic game plan. Thank you RobDawn S.
- Business Description:Providing land surveying services to homeowners, architects, and contractors.Recent Review:We needed our lot surveyed in preparation for building a house. Don was recommended and with a phone call we set up the job. He arrived on time, conferred with both me and the architect, got the field work done in a day and three days later we had the results. Very professional and pleasant to work withDouglas A.
- Business Description:L.A. Stevens & Associates, Inc. is a full service Land Surveying firm representing public, private, commercial and attorney clients throughout the Bay Area since 1991, with expertise in Caltrans construction, right-of-way engineering and preliminary design surveys. We provide prompt, professional and cost effective land surveying services to our clients in order to meet comprehensive land surveying requirements. Our unique ability to perform thorough research of survey records, both recorded..
- Business Description:Regional Pacific Consulting (RPC), is a multi-discipline land surveying and contracting firm offering a wide range of land surveying, planning, contracting, and development services to the West Coast. RPC has a full time team that consists of drafters, survey and mapping technicians, and field crews that are supervised by our Registered Land Surveyors with almost 70 years of combined experience in the private and public surveying industry. At the forefront of technology, RPC utilizes stat..
- Business Description:Based in San Francisco with an office also in Gilroy, California, Cor Land Consulting provides Real Estate Development and Land Planning advisory services to clients located throughout the Bay Area. Cor Land Consulting was founded and is managed by Paul Correa who has worked in the residential and commerical land development field for over ten years. He is a former City Councilmember and Planning Commissioner for the City of Gilroy
- Business Description:SLP is a Solar Investment Professionals Company,Solar Farm Development Company made up of Energy utility in the form of Solar Investment Acquisition and Due Diligence Solar Investment Project in California.
- Business Description:Aerial imaging services for residential or commercial properties. We use aerial (drone) based cameras to document your property in high resolution. This can be useful for insurance purposes, monitoring construction, or to monitor or look for leaks and damages. We specialize in capturing high-resolution imagery and can even create 3D models for greater detail. Monitor and assess your property through time with our change-detection maps. We have expertise in creating detailed maps that will a..
- Business Description:Yes we know, there are lots of mobile marketing companies out there. But we're not all the same. At InSequent, we decided to focus. And our focus is on local business. We give SMBs an end-to-end platform that should tackle every mobile marketing need you may have
- Business Description:We do all land surveying related projects
- Business Description:State Lic.-PLS 6323 - Boundary & Topographic - Construction Layout - Record Of Surveys - Subdivision/Parcel Maps - Legal Descriptions - Aerial Surveys - ALTA Surveys - Land Surveys - Land Surveying
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Use this property line guide before building a fence, planting hedges, or installing a swimming pool. Be a good neighbor and find out where your property ends and theirs begins before starting a project that might infringe on their property.
How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Oakley
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc961 Mitchell Way
El Sobrante, California 94803
- Bay Area Land Surveying Inc
- Hogan Land Services1702 4th Street
Santa Rosa, California 94954
- Hogan Land Services
- Vegvary Land Surveying3527 Mount Diablo Blvd # 368
Lafayette, California 94549
- Vegvary Land Surveying
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.3001 Winchester Blvd. 11
Campbell, California 95032
- Wilson Land Surveys Inc.