All Custom Woodworks

Founded 1978 • With Angi since June 2010

280 Sally Ride Dr. 5

Concord, CA 94520

Whatever improvement you choose, All Custom Woodworks can design and build a style that is just right for you! Welcome to All Custom Woodworks, we are here to help you make a variety of improvements that can give your home a wonderful new look and feel without costing you a bundle. We build the

03/28/2017

Frank C.

This was truly a very simple gut and replace kitchen remodel that took 7 months of sheer **** to complete. The house is only 20 years old. What started in early May of 2016 ended just in the knick-of-time for The Thanksgiving holiday – 7 months. There were Multiple mistakes in measuring: • The opening for the Microwave was too big and had to be “jury-rigged” to make the microwave and trim kit fit properly. • One entire wall of cabinets was off by 5 inches and the cabinets had to be re-done causing us to reconfigure the cabinet design. • When the new wall of cabinets were delivered, an entire area was not measured properly (again) at the ceiling and had to be jury-rigged with additional wood pieces to make the cabinet fit (the paint and stain colors differ from the rest of the cabinets). It wasn’t tall enough, and created a huge gap at the ceiling and beam. • The cabinet next to the sink was not measured properly to accommodate the main support beam for the house. • The vent-a-hood was not according to the specs as sent by Friedman’s Appliances causing me to return the vent-a-hood for a smaller hood. • The refrigerator cabinet was not measured properly top-to-bottom and it would not accommodate the refrigerator. The correction was to remove 2 inches off the top causing the cabinet doors above to be directly on top of the refrigerator doors. Then we find out that All Custom Woodworks took the wheels off the refrigerator without telling us to aid in making it fit. • The refrigerator cabinet was also not in spec from side to side. You could not completely open the right refrigerator door. ACW was in possession of the refrigerator specs long before the cabinets were constructed. This was a comedy of errors. We endured multiple delays, fabrication issues, last minute changes in the design, multiple mistakes, no respect for our time by never being told in advance when the workers were showing up, multiple charges for items that were already included in the contract, and argumentative phone calls from Troy. Troy will argue anything. I get threatening e-mails for payments that we don’t owe. The lack of customer service at ACW is stunning. Troy has never been to our home during the entire 7 month process. He was here to sign the contracts and has never returned to see the finished kitchen. I have a screw sticking out of the front of the cabinet that ACW will not fix and are now telling us it is our fault. We needed to take ACW to court to recover our money for multiple charges on items. The judge ruled in our favor. This should have been a simple remodel. Instead it took 7 months and a lot of unneeded pain. Based upon my experience with ACW, I could never in good conscience ever recommend All Custom Woodworks to anyone. Save yourself a lot of headaches and find someone else.

Description of Work
Very simple gut and replace kitchen remodel

Category custom cabinets, remodeling

03/28/2017

Frank C.

The worst experience ever.

Description of Work
Full kitchen replacement

Category custom cabinets, remodeling, home remodeling

06/23/2016

Dean L.

Let me start by prefacing that I have not ever, nor would I ever hire this company. The experience I am about to share happened outside of any cabinetry work. My almost 70 yr old mother was driving home when she took a right turn on Willow Pass Rd in Concord. A driver of a van operated by an employee of this company had the perception that my mom cut him off (she states that he should have had plenty of time to make the turn but due to his speed that was not the case). She comes to the next stoplight and he proceeds to pull up next to her and scream obscenities and then hurls a water bottle (containing water, mind you) hitting her in the face between the eyes. He then makes a right turn and she does the same intending to get the company name written on the van as well as the license plate number. The driver then stops his van, gets out and continues to scream at her, also asking why she was following him. She stated to him that was in order to obtain his license plate. His coworker also gets out of the van with the intention of possibly getting the driver to get back into his van at which point he does and proceeds to drive off leaving my mother stunned and covered in water. Now, I don’t know about the rest of you folks out there but I am literally appalled and saddened that anyone would try and hurt an elderly woman! It sickens me. Whether she cut him off or not is a matter of opinion between the two people here but so what? Does that allow a person to assault another? My mother called the owner to report this incident as opposed to call the police, hoping that he would deal with his employee’s behavior accordingly. She didn’t want to get the employee arrested and possibly have his life ruined. However, the owner’s response was as equally incomprehensible as the incident itself. She was told the employee basically had a bad day as it was 100 degrees outside and that he had to work in a hot attic. He also stated that maybe the employee just meant to throw water on her car. Are you kidding me? As if that made it ok?!? I run an HVAC company, also have technicians driving in company vans and I would never except that type of behavior from an employee as he would be a liability to me as well as the general public. I decided to call the owner myself the next day in order to let me feelings known (in a dignified manner) and his response to me was even worse. Basically stating there are 2 sides to every story (even though his employee obviously copped to throwing the water bottle since he mentioned it to my mom the evening before). What side of any story should have a guy throwing anything at anyone, especially a woman? Troy, you amaze me that you could care less. What if someone did that to your mother, sister, daughter? Would you still think it was ok? Thank god that you and your employee are the exceptions to the rule and not a reflection on the majority of humankind. Shame on you.

Description of Work
Nothing.

Category custom cabinets

12/19/2013

Robert D.

All custom Woodworks (ACW) built a set of 4 cabinets for me as per contract and delivered them to my home only a couple of weeks after I was told they would be ready. This is not unusual, as I have come to expect that promised dates are usually optimistic. Initially, the cabinets looked ok, with only a couple of problems obvious to me. 1. They had not installed a set of recycling bins as on the contract 2. one of the cabinets was built 1.5 inches too deep. ACW added the recycling bins when I pointed out that they were missing. I accepted the wrong size of the cabinet, and was able to work around it, though it was an inconvenience. Shortly after the cabinets were installed (about 2 months), the top layer of varnish began peeling off of the maple interior of the cabinets. I did not say anything about this because there was a layer of varnish underneath the peeling layer which appeared to be intact.. The peeling has however continued to this day, 2 years later, as the top layer of finish continues to peel off. I noticed a much worse problem after about one and a half years. The cabinets were made of Cherry plywood. The edges of the plywood in a cabinet of this type are covered with a strip of cherry veneer called edge banding. The edge banding should last as long as the cabinets. In my cabinets, however, the edge banding was peeling off. It was worse in some areas than in others, but in all of the cherry edge banding, there was separation of the banding from the plywood. I realize that problems happen even to the best of companies, and so I called the company, and spoke to the owner, expecting that he would want to fix this problem in order to maintain the integrity of the company. He requested that I email photos of the problem to him. This I did the same day. Over the course of the next two months, I contacted him many times and in response got the runaround and endless excuses such as: 1. The edge banding could not have come off unless I had abused the cabinets. 2. I have no warranty rights to expect repair of the cabinets. I sent him an email stating that I would submit a complaint to the contractors licensing board, and file a claim with his bonding company. In response, I got a belligerent phone call from him accusing me of threatening him. After I submitted the complaint, He made the following "offer". 1.He would repair part but not all of the edge banding with some pre-finished peel and stick repair tape that he stated would not be an exact match to the cabinets. 2. As a condition of this repair, I had to agree that this was a one-time repair. I would have to agree that I had no further rights to complain, even if this one-time repair failed. 3. I felt that this was not very good service, and submitted a couple of negative on-line reviews of the company. He then resent the offer to me adding the stipulation that I had to remove all negative reviews of his company. And so, at this point, I think that I will have to hire someone to do a proper repair of the cabinets. The above description is a brief summary of a 5 month long unpleasant process. I am new to Angie's list, and this is only the second review that I have written here, but I have written many other online reviews, and this is the first truly negative one that I have written. I really don't like doing this, but I hope that it will help to save someone else from going through what I have experienced with this company.

Description of Work
build a set of 4 custom pantry cabinets and deliver to my home.

Category custom cabinets

Dear respected customer: I have been in the custom cabinet making trade for 35 years. We always want all of my customers to be happy. Myself and my entire crew, try our best to be fair to everyone from start to finish. In your case I am not sure what you want me to do. The cabinets are out of warranty, they are 2 years old. We only delivered the cabinets to your garage, we did not install them or have any control as to when you installed them and what the conditions were while you stored, prior to you getting them installed. All of this is major factors to the long Gevity of a product. As a jester of good faith I sent a very well experienced person to your home to inspect the cabinets and conditions they were installed in, the room is a laundry room with doors that close off the room to the rest of the house. The room has no exterior venting in the walls or doors as is required by code for enclosed laundry rooms this alone can cause severe damage to your cabinets, this is do to climate changes caused by doing laundry. The edge banding just does not come off for no reason after 2 years, I would think it is a slow process caused by present conditions not what was done 2 years ago. You have had several people come to inspect including my insurance company and to this date nobody has said I did anything wrong or improperly installed the banding, they all say it most likely came off do to conditions of your home. Yes you filed a complaint with the CSLB and were told you have no warranty and also were told no warranty on cabinets last forever like you say you should have. You at that point were still not satisfied, so you filed a complaint with the bonding company and again were told the same thing for the most part and in fact they felt you are being extremely unreasonable and unjustified in your actions and suggested I seek legal action against you. Once again as a good faith jester I have and still do offer to repair or replace as needed, at no charge the edge banding that is coming off only. It is only fair that you retract your untrue reviews. I will say once again I am happy to replace the loose edge banding. It will be replaced with a very good Cherry banding that has a factory adhesive on it that is widely used without issues. It comes prefinished just like your cabinets were finished when they were delivered to your garage. I cannot control the color ageing process, Cherry does it naturally and if the color is a little different when the new is applied than it will change just like your may of and will be the same in time. No warranty last forever like, you would like to have and all warranties are subject care by the customer and your conditions are just not what they should be to help the overall life of a product. Respectfully Troy Carlock Owner of All Custom Woodworks

Palm Construction

Palm Construction will send one of our 3D Design Experts to your home for an introductory session that includes your projects’ scope of work, specs, and dimension, followed by walk-through of different showrooms and material suppliers, getting you one step closer to your desired vision. Your project will be performed by our top professional crew members.

2022 Super Service Award

Tailored Living featuring Premier Garage

Tailored Living® featuring PremierGarage® provides the very best in high-quality storage and home organization systems for homes and businesses. Thorough free, in-home or on-site consultations, expert measurement, innovative design and professional installation, your home or business transformation is custom-tailored to your needs and specifications. Call us anytime as phones are answered 24/7.

Offers Coupon

Medina's Cabinets

We offer quality and affordable custom cabinet design, fabrication, and installation services.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

custom cabinets, installation, refacing cabinets, kitchen refacing, remodels, new cabinets, Custom Woodwork, custom Cabinets, cabinets installation, refacing cabinets, Kitchen Remodels, New cabinets, sell and manufacture custom woodwork's.