Honest Plumbing & Rooter Inc

With Angi since March 2009

3.8

Family owned & operated. Additional contact name - Deana Garcia....

Quick Jet

Drain Specialist company specializing in drain and sewer line clearing and upkeeping.

Sebastian Nichols Design Build

Sebastian Nichols Design Build provides custom tailored service to our clients, building one-of-a-kind projects. Our projects include, new construction builds, existing home remodels & additions, kitchen/bathroom remodels, and exterior deck remodels. Since we are a small business we are nimble and are able to maintain a competitive edge, tailoring our approach to the goals our clients define. We are pleased to stand behind all of our jobs. Satisfaction Guaranteed!

FRED MORROW PLUMBING

Locally Family Owned & Operated. Welcome to Fred Morrow Plumbing, Inc. The company has been in business since 1976. We are a team of employees who have worked through the years to build the outstanding reputation this company enjoys today. Areas in the San Fernando Valley and West LA,Brentwood, Pacific Palisades, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Agoura Hills, Arleta, Burbank, Calabasas, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Granada Hills, Mission Hills, North Hills, North Hollywood, Northridge, Pacoima, Panorama City, Porter Ranch, Reseda, San Fernando, Sepulveda, Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Sylmar, Tarzana, Toluca Lake, Valley Village, Van Nuys, West Hills, Winnetka, Woodland Hills LICENSE #: 324721.

07/01/2019

It was ok. They came on time. Finished on time. I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Found clog in sewage line

02/12/2017

Perfectly. Ben literally saved our lives. We were on a super old and poorly installed septic system and got quoted at over $100k to switch to sewer. Why? Because the city wanted us to extend the mainline in case our neighbors ever wanted to switch. Thanks, city. Obviously, we couldn't afford anything NEAR that amount. About to give up and live our lives with this awful septic system, Ben swooped i...

Description of Work
We needed to close off our septic system permanently and connect to the sewer system.

Category plumbing,septic tank

08/29/2016

MY review here is FOR the MOST HONEST PLUMBER, also the BEST, FASTEST, and people who did NOT TRY TO HOAX an 80 year old lady with a big, pretty HOUSE. (I rent and it's really all garden, below section 8 in other ways, 55 yr old house. But do use "HONEST PLUMBING & ROOTER" For 3 weeks I tried / called/ met with TEN DIFFERENT plumbers, for simplest thing. AUGE-ROOTER goes in the catch all pipe and ...

Description of Work
HONEST plumbing is just that! Ten other plumbers tried to take me for thousands or hundreds. They claimed huge, costly repairs were needed to clear a drain.

09/25/2015

They over charged me. They are not responsible, and hire a lot of non professional people. They messed up my yard, and put the brick back crooked. I would not recommend them to anyone! They are not honest!

Description of Work
The put in a main line and change the pipes under my house.

02/19/2015

Drain/Sewer line was plugged up for part of the house. Plumber arrived promptly in about two hours after phoning in the morning. He called prior to arrival to let us know he was on his way. He rootered it fortunately without having to remove the toilet. Problem solved. Very pleased with this company first time using them. Phil was very courteous. I will definitely call again if needed. Apparently ...

Description of Work
Part of the sewer line was plugged up and it was rootered.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

08/24/2014

The project went fine. Several men were working on the project. They had to dig up the front lawn, and the street. Heavy equipment was needed. The work was all done within the week. I assume the City inspector came by. This was a rather involved job. I would recommend this company as I was pleased with their work. The daughter of the owner also stopped by and checked on the workers and was pleasant during our brief visit.

Description of Work
Tree roots were blocking my bathroom drains. Both showers were backing up and the toilets were making gurgling noises. We called around 8 AM and someone came out very shortly; I believer his name was Miguel. He hooked up a snake to a monitor and saw that roots were clogging the drains. We had to get new lines hooked up to the main line in the street so it turned out to be a large project.

Category plumber","drain cleaning company

03/12/2014

He left things not finished. He was very inappropiate, he even patted me on the head and told me not to worry. He showed up on a Sunday saying "why do you hate me?" I asked why he was there, he said he thought I missed him. After I asked him to leave twice, he walked in and sat down saying that we should watch the game. I thought about calling the police but he was still doing work on the house. I would not want anyone else to go through what I went through.

Description of Work
He was changing copper piping. He ripped up all my walls and started the work while I was away before I made up my mind after the estimate. What was supposed to take 2-3 days ended up taking 2-3 weeks. We had to renegotiate the contract to get things done correctly. He tried to just piece the broken tiles back together instead of buying new ones. There were alot of things that didn't add up.

01/17/2014

When I got the bid from the owner I stressed to him that I didn't want any surprised on the job and I asked if the price included everything and he assured me it did. I told him I wanted him to do the work, he called me later and told me he was at Building and Safety, and should he pull the permit. In talking to him I got the impression I was going to save some money on the permit. When I met with him later to sign a contract I found out just the opposite. That I needed to pay my part of the permit, which I thought was included in the original quote. He had already paid for the permit so I felt obligated to have him do the work, and I wrote it off as a misunderstanding. When the work was being done I got a call from one of my men ( I'm also a contractor) and he told me that Honest Plumbing had connected one of our drains to the city sewer but there was a second drain going to the old septic tank and they weren't going to connect it. So I told my men to take care of it, otherwise we would have been without a drain for the kitchen and one bathroom. That cost me another $600.00. Then Honest Plumbing told me I had another tank and wanted to know if they should fill that one up with slurry. I said yes because the building code requires it. So he said he would do it if I pay for the slurry concrete. So I wrote the concrete man a check for a little under $500.00. So the job was finally over. I didn't hear from Honest plumbing the next day, but the day after that I woke up and there were 5 messages left on my phone. Two from the owner and 3 from his wife' and the last message she left me was that if I didn't contact her asap the they might have to take further action to collect from me. I don't know why they were so wound up. I paid the every time they asked for it. So the wife came by to get the final check and she informed me I owed them a few hundred dollars more because the slurry cost more then what I had paid the driver. Well I tried to argue the point but I got no where . I complained to her about all the surprises on the job and that I felt taken advantage of, because I told them from the start that I didn't want any surprises. She told me that to do that they would have had to charge me for a thorough inspection of the job before they started it. I got a little angry after that because I would have gladly paid for something like that but they never offered that to me. I work with a lot of contractors and I have to say working with Honest Plumbing was one of the most confusing and unpleasant experiences I've ever had with a contractor The owner seems like a nice guy but I just don't think they are a customer friendly company.

Description of Work
Filled in septic and tied our drain into city sewer

Category septic tank company

04/28/2011

Honest came out last year and did a pretty big plumbing job for me. I thought they priced it fairly but their followup that I needed to get a rebate from the city was slow. I had to call twice to get what I needed. More recently though, I was giving them another shot to come out and from the moment they picked up the phone, they were dead set on the idea that my house needed a repipe. It doesn't. My water pressure problems had only been an issue for 2 months...my house has copper piping put in 8 years ago. They came late and didn't really attempt to find a solution that wasn't a few thousand dollars. A different company came over, changed the regulator and cleaned out the shower head and now I have more pressure than I need. I won't use them again but I did find a great plumber here that I will use in the future.

Description of Work
One big sewer job and an estimate on a pressure problem.

02/19/2011

I spent about $4000 on the job. I had used them in the past. I still had their phone number and decided to use them again. The work was done well. I was satisfied with the service. I would recommend them to others, but in case you are using them, please make sure that you get a fair price by getting other bids. I was not very happy about spending $4000. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Honest Plumbing & Rooter Inc., two months ago. They repaired the main line.

Category plumber

Residential & commercial copper re-pipes, gas lines, toilets, faucets and fixtures, garbage disposals, water heaters, drain cleaning & repair, hydro scrubbing, electronic leak detection, sewer line location, video camera inspection, sewer repairs and replacement, trenchless sewer line replacement, septic systems & tanks.

Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, American Express