If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Sierra Vista, AZ
There are 2 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Sierra Vista
- KROCHINA ENGINEERING INCThey charged $500 just to tell me what they needed to do. Further work would then cost $2350.00 +. I received exactly the same work from another architect for half the price.
Structural Engineers in Sierra Vista
- Business Description:EIFFEL structural engineering services offers concept to design to execution of projects including offices, retail, schools, student housing, hospitals, heavy industrial structures, single-family custom homes, multifamily homes and more. We’re a dependable structural engineer with over 30+ years of experience, varying from Nuclear power & mining to commercial and retail. Beyond the traditional structural engineering domain, our team always considers the quality of construction and the economi.. read lessRecent Review:So far so good. Very good engineer. Works very efficiently.shawn m.
- Business Description:The only ICRI Certified company in the state of Arizona! If your home has cracks in floors or walls, or has windows and doors out of alignment, call today for a comprehensive foundation inspection. Phoenix residents please call 6026394815. Tuscon residents please call (520) 812-6989. Additional DBA - Arizona Repair Masons Inc. *Online quotes are unavailable and an initial consultation must take place in order to examine the extent of the foundation problem.* For more information on foundation.. read lessRecent Review:I contracted with this company to repair my swimming pool and the foundation of my home 11/30/18. At this point, I have to give the company a C- (at best) for their performance. I could probably write several pages about the experience, but I will try to confine myself to the main points. On the plus side, they did perform the work I contracted for (cost $34,000), with one exception. The contract calls for a follow-up floor survey which was completed 11/24/20. To date (01/20/21), I am still waiting for the survey report. The expression, “take the money and run” comes to mind. This review will cover some of the things to consider when contracting with this company. The process will begin with the floor survey and repair report (cost $400). The sales agent will review the report with you and recommend a contract for the repairs. Mistake one. They offer a 5% discount if you sign the contract immediately. However, given it takes at least an hour to review the repair report, it would take another hour to review the massive number of “outs” written in the contract. Skip the discount so you know what you are getting into. For example, the foundation repair involved moving the flagstone on my patio. I had to pay another company to re-install the flagstone; not included in the contract. Mistake two. Most foundation problems are due to drainage; water pooling by the home. The repair report identified drainage problems, but they were not discussed, and the needed “hardscaping” to correct the problem was not included in the contract. My advice is to correct any drainage problem, then consider whether you still need a foundation repair. Mistake three. The repair plan allows the company to “adjust” the repair plan based on “site conditions”. They had to move the placement of the repair (poles driven into the ground, called push piers) because I have an air conditioner located where they planned to place the pier. Walk around the outside of your home and verify WHERE the piers will be placed, before signing the contract. Once you sign the contract, it is next to impossible (at least in my case) to get anyone to further discuss the repair plan. Mistake three. The pool repair was not performed by this company; it was subcontracted to another company, with no warranty. Better to simply find a pool repair company. The subcontractor would refer me back to AFS if I had a question about the pool repair, and good luck getting an answer from AFS. Mistake four. There ARE other companies that perform this work read lessRAY L.
- Business Description:Arizona Foundation Solutions of Tucson has served the Greater Tucson & Statewide area, providing long-term solutions for structures with foundation problems. No two structures are alike, which is why we take the time to thoroughly assess your problem to determine the best solution for your foundation or concrete slab. Our specialists are certified to install our proven systems and our employees receive on-going training and resources to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and procedure.. read lessRecent Review:Made a special trip to AZ (after waiting months) for AFS to trash my yard. They quit after the digging. First we were told that the crew "couldn't work three weekends in a row" and then that they "needed another tool." The earliest they could schedule to finish was after taking a 10 day break. They refused to bump other scheduled projects or offer me any sort of discount (or even an apology) for their screw up, and the extra cost to me. The project manager Kieth just chuckled at my frustration. Terrible business read lessKristen B.
- Business Description:RLF has a commitment to provide exceptional customer service and produce top quality land survey and mapping products for our clients through a combination of experience, innovation, technology and communication read less
- Business Description:JP Drake Enterprises, LLC is available to meet your engineering needs. I have a broad background with experience in many areas and disciplines. Whether you need consulting, design, or analysis completed on a mechanical or structural design, or advice regarding the development of your LEED certified building concept, I am always ready for the challenge. With experience in utility scale power generation turbines, application of structural analysis to a number of projects and design loads, and .. read less
- Business Description:Butler Developments, LLC - LEADING THE WAY IN QUALITY CONSTRUCTION. Specializing in Custom Home Building and Commercial Services; new builds, renovations to existing buildings, remodeling all aspects of buildings, painting, roofing, concrete, etc... No job is too small or too big for Team Butler! We are a locally owned and operated company with highly trained professionals read lessRecent Review:unknownMark O.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Removing a load-bearing wall can brighten up a room, make it larger, and create an open floor plan. But whether you hire a local pro or try to tackle the job yourself, learn the cost to remove a load-bearing wall so you only break the wall, not your budge
Structural engineer costs may seem daunting when you start a new project. This guide will break down how much to expect when dreaming up a new renovation.
Find structural engineers in
- Fort Huachuca
- Huachuca City
- Saint David
- Corona De Tucson
- Rio Rico
- Agua Linda
- Green Valley
structural engineers in Sierra Vista
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Arizona Foundation Solutions3841 E Superior Ave
- Arizona Foundation Solutions
- Butler Developments, LLCPO Box 3030
Show Low, Arizona
- Butler Developments, LLC
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC 2501 N Hayden Rd Suite #101
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC
- JP Drake Enterprises2031 W. Cougar Place
Huachuca City, Arizona
- JP Drake Enterprises
- RLF Consulting2165 W Pecos Rd
- RLF Consulting