If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Peoria, AZ
There are 5 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Peoria
- BBaca Engineering LLCThe company would not call until a detail message was sent to an email address outside of Angies list. Apparently they are not willing to work for the homeowner or go the extra mile.
- TH StructuralI called this company and described the dimensions of my attic truss members, which are 2x4s with 24 inch spacing OC (on-center). He asked when my house was built and what kind of foundation I have. He was then able to immediately tell me an estimated maximum load of 5 lb/ft^2, all over the phone for free. He have me exactly what I was looking for for free and was very kind and patient with a few follow-up questions. He even gave me examples of things I could store in my attic and examples of things I should not put up there. This was everything I was looking for. From what I could tell over the phone, this man was top quality and would likely be a fantastic hire read less
- Patriot Contracting Solutions Inc.I am getting ready to dig on my property and I needed to have the underground utility lines marked. The local utilities will mark the lines up to the meter, but they will not go beyond that point. Patriot Contracting Solutions came in and marked the lines from the meters to the house. Chris, at the main office, was wonderful to work with. He helped me define what I would need and was able to quickly arrange service. Geraldo, the on-site tech, was courteous and professional. He was very patient with me and explained what he was doing at every step. I highly recommend this company read less
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLCSam and his staff are great! I'll never use a different engineering company for all my structural plans needed. I've used them many times and their experience and knowledge surpass other companies I've used over the 14 years of being a General contractor. The cost is extremely reasonable and they understand time is money as well! Can't go wrong with thus company read less
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLCI have used Roark Industries specifically Sam for over 15 years for structural engineering. I have been designing custom homes in the valley for over 20 years and have used many engineers during that time and I always come back to Roark. Sam is the best there is! The industry is constantly changing and Roark is committed to providing the best service and is the most responsive engineer I have ever dealt with, this is extremely important especially dealing with tight deadlines, Thanks Sam read less
- Schembri Engineers, Inc.Great! Once I have the finished report, I plan on reaching out to the recommended contractors to obtain bids on having the issues addressed.
- TH StructuralI had a great experience with him. What stood out about his service was his attention to detail and follow-up. It was kind of personalized approach and the price was also very good.
- TH StructuralI just did not get a good feeling from him. I think he gave me a high price which is something I was not interested in. He quoted me roughly double and did not come and check out the work. He did not have the level of like attention to detail and professionalism as Todd’s did.
- TH StructuralFor the 3 broken trusses, that involved a site visit; then we were provided with a suggested repair and a referral to a contractor who performed the repair for a very reasonable price. After the repair, Todd came back out to inspect and provided written/stamped documentation. For the construction project, Todd came out for a site visit and pointed out that our contractor had not followed the drawings in several locations thus causing safety issues that needed immediate attention by a contractor (our house could have collapsed!). The THStructural report pointed out several non-conforming items and was extremely important information that helped enable us to get the contractor to make the needed repairs. The report was promptly provided and well written. Our contractor happened to show up during the structural evaluation at our property and Todd's conversation with him was very directed, useful, and informative. We had no idea how bad the project work was until Todd came out so we are very thankful for his help. Everything is now fixed now read less
- Schembri Engineers, Inc.Very thorough and explained things along the way so I could understand them. He took pictures of possible problem areas and will include them in the final report. Glad he was able to come out and inspect my house. He was easy to schedule an appointment with and will use him again in the future.
Structural Engineers in Peoria
- Business Description:Patriot Contracting Solutions is a Veteran owned and operated company that provides private utility locating and concrete GPR-X-Ray services to residential and commercial customers. Chris and Adam own and operate Patriot and strive to provide the highest quality private locating and GPR services to our customers to prevent damage when digging or cutting. Patriot's billing procedure is fast and efficient providing our customers with invoices via e-mail from the job site and accepting checks, c.. read lessRecent Review:I am getting ready to dig on my property and I needed to have the underground utility lines marked. The local utilities will mark the lines up to the meter, but they will not go beyond that point. Patriot Contracting Solutions came in and marked the lines from the meters to the house. Chris, at the main office, was wonderful to work with. He helped me define what I would need and was able to quickly arrange service. Geraldo, the on-site tech, was courteous and professional. He was very patient with me and explained what he was doing at every step. I highly recommend this company read lessDaureen I.
- Business Description:We are a Structural Engineering company and have practiced in Arizona for over 30 years. We also provide Structural inspection services.Recent Review:I called this company and described the dimensions of my attic truss members, which are 2x4s with 24 inch spacing OC (on-center). He asked when my house was built and what kind of foundation I have. He was then able to immediately tell me an estimated maximum load of 5 lb/ft^2, all over the phone for free. He have me exactly what I was looking for for free and was very kind and patient with a few follow-up questions. He even gave me examples of things I could store in my attic and examples of things I should not put up there. This was everything I was looking for. From what I could tell over the phone, this man was top quality and would likely be a fantastic hire read lessBenjamin J.
- Business Description:New Building Com.and Res. and TI.Recent Review:Mansoor Rowhani, owner of MTR Builders, managed our home remodel to perfection. He brought in skilled craftsmen to expertly lay tile, build cabinets, and generally update our 10+ year old North Scottsdale home. The work was completed on time and priced fairly. We highly recommend MTR Builders read lessKaren P.
- Business Description:EIFFEL structural engineering services offers concept to design to execution of projects including offices, retail, schools, student housing, hospitals, heavy industrial structures, single-family custom homes, multifamily homes and more. We’re a dependable structural engineer with over 30+ years of experience, varying from Nuclear power & mining to commercial and retail. Beyond the traditional structural engineering domain, our team always considers the quality of construction and the economi.. read lessRecent Review:So far so good. Very good engineer. Works very efficiently.shawn m.
- Business Description:The only ICRI Certified company in the state of Arizona! If your home has cracks in floors or walls, or has windows and doors out of alignment, call today for a comprehensive foundation inspection. Phoenix residents please call 6026394815. Tuscon residents please call (520) 812-6989. Additional DBA - Arizona Repair Masons Inc. *Online quotes are unavailable and an initial consultation must take place in order to examine the extent of the foundation problem.* For more information on foundation.. read lessRecent Review:I contracted with this company to repair my swimming pool and the foundation of my home 11/30/18. At this point, I have to give the company a C- (at best) for their performance. I could probably write several pages about the experience, but I will try to confine myself to the main points. On the plus side, they did perform the work I contracted for (cost $34,000), with one exception. The contract calls for a follow-up floor survey which was completed 11/24/20. To date (01/20/21), I am still waiting for the survey report. The expression, “take the money and run” comes to mind. This review will cover some of the things to consider when contracting with this company. The process will begin with the floor survey and repair report (cost $400). The sales agent will review the report with you and recommend a contract for the repairs. Mistake one. They offer a 5% discount if you sign the contract immediately. However, given it takes at least an hour to review the repair report, it would take another hour to review the massive number of “outs” written in the contract. Skip the discount so you know what you are getting into. For example, the foundation repair involved moving the flagstone on my patio. I had to pay another company to re-install the flagstone; not included in the contract. Mistake two. Most foundation problems are due to drainage; water pooling by the home. The repair report identified drainage problems, but they were not discussed, and the needed “hardscaping” to correct the problem was not included in the contract. My advice is to correct any drainage problem, then consider whether you still need a foundation repair. Mistake three. The repair plan allows the company to “adjust” the repair plan based on “site conditions”. They had to move the placement of the repair (poles driven into the ground, called push piers) because I have an air conditioner located where they planned to place the pier. Walk around the outside of your home and verify WHERE the piers will be placed, before signing the contract. Once you sign the contract, it is next to impossible (at least in my case) to get anyone to further discuss the repair plan. Mistake three. The pool repair was not performed by this company; it was subcontracted to another company, with no warranty. Better to simply find a pool repair company. The subcontractor would refer me back to AFS if I had a question about the pool repair, and good luck getting an answer from AFS. Mistake four. There ARE other companies that perform this work read lessRAY L.
- Business Description:We are a small Certified DBE/SBE, we provide Residential, Commercial Mechanical, Structural engineering. Third party independent Registered Engineer to provide site visit, professional/stamped report with photos. Stem wall, Foundation cracks, Stair stepping, Cut Trusses, Permitting, Plans, remodeling, Manufactured Foundation Certifications, Please call and let us help you with your engineering needs. We are BBB members, PSE, ASME, Registered in AZ and CA, Graduate from Cal-Tech, and Occident.. read lessRecent Review:The company would not call until a detail message was sent to an email address outside of Angies list. Apparently they are not willing to work for the homeowner or go the extra mile.Jake A.
- Business Description:Specializing in all trades of construction and restoration. We are made up of 12 highly skilled technicians. We are 95% in house, and only subcontract Mold testing through an industrial hygienist. Certified in many areas of construction trades and water damage restoration, as well as a CMRS in mold remediation. We offer free estimates. There is no out of pocket costs for emergency calls that fall under home owners insurance, and for Angie's list members, deductibles are waived and free upgra.. read lessRecent Review:The project went very well. Brandon and his team worked hard to do everything with precision. Brandon readily made time for exta work in completing a difficult stenciled wall. He spent a lot of time making sure it was perfect. Brandon was curteous and professional. I trusted him to do a good job and he exceeded our expectations. He was kind in giving me wise counsel on colors and how to complete project. I appreciate how his company were so cleanly and respectful of our home. I highly recommend American Made Remodeling and will call them in the future whenei I have the need for a project <br /> <br / read lessEric n.
- Business Description:Founded in 1995, the CK Group, Inc. (CK) has grown into a highly dependable, full service engineering firm that provides innovative solutions to federal, municipal and private sector clients project needs. We are licensed to provide services in Texas, Arizona, California, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and Utah. We do so, through two of our strategically located engineering offices and materials testing laboratories in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas and Phoenix, Arizona. With a current staff count .. read less
- Business Description:General Contractor
- Business Description:Hook Engineering is a Civil Engineering and Land Surveying company that has been providing professional services to private and public clients throughout Arizona since 1961. Combining specialized skills, broad-based knowledge, and management skills, the Hook staff is able to manage projects through teamwork to achieve outstanding results for our clients read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Installing steel beams in or around your home costs $3,000 on average but can come with all kinds of hidden fees. To avoid any surprises, you’ll want to prepare for all scenarios. This steel beam cost guide will help you budget for your project.
Removing a load-bearing wall can brighten up a room, make it larger, and create an open floor plan. But whether you hire a local pro or try to tackle the job yourself, learn the cost to remove a load-bearing wall so you only break the wall, not your budge
Find structural engineers in
- El Mirage
- Sun City
- Sun City West
- Litchfield Park
- Paradise Valley
- Desert Hills
- New River
- Cave Creek
- Fountain Hills
structural engineers in Peoria
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- (NAMC) NAHORODNY AM Corp34017 N. 55th St
Cave Creek, Arizona
- (NAMC) NAHORODNY AM Corp
- Abello Handyman10228 N 57th St
Paradise Valley, Arizona
- All Jobs Construction, Inc.1936 N. Don Peralta Rd
Apache Junction, Arizona
- American Made Remodeling LLC7762 North 51st Lane
- Ancient Stone by Vasilios1210 E Northern Ave
- Archiection LLc24038 W Bowker St
- Arizona Arches & Lumber21602 N 37th Ave
- Arizona Foundation Solutions3841 E Superior Ave
- Abello Handyman
- BBaca Engineering LLC2401 E Taxidea Way
- BBaca Engineering LLC
- C A Seymore Builders Inc6926 E Prkwy Norte
- C.W. Structural Design LLC15107 W Eureka Trail
- CAD Outsourcing11670 Fountains Dr
- Consumer Finance Solutions6909 W Ray Rd., B15-106
- Custom Home Builder & Renovation7000 N Cotton Lane
- C A Seymore Builders Inc
- DAF Drafting and Design15082 N. 59th Ave. #154
- DAF Drafting and Design
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC 2501 N Hayden Rd Suite #101
- Eiffel Structural Engineers, LLC
- Hook Engineering, Inc.5110 N 44th St Ste L140
- Hook Engineering, Inc.
- JLR Development Concepts, LLC7272 E. Indian School Road Suite 540
- JLR Development Concepts, LLC
- L J Warner Architect10921 W Hibiscus DR
Sun City, Arizona
- L J Warner Architect
- MTR Builders Inc28316 N 92nd Place
- MTR Builders Inc
- National Property Inspections42563 W Sunland Dr
- National Property Inspections
- Patriot Contracting Solutions Inc.2303 N. 44th St #14-1504
- Peak One Builders & Restoration, LLC7900 East Greenway Rd Suite 200
- Petersons Drafting Services72 W 400 S
- Pino's Contracting & Home19001 W Latham St
- Provision Construction LLC.24654 N.Lake Pleasant Pkwy
- Patriot Contracting Solutions Inc.