Are your trees really accidents waiting to happen? Before you're forced to yell "Timber!" learn the eight signs that your trees may not survive winter storms.
Get matched with top tree removal services in Payson, AZ
There are 5 highly-rated local tree removal services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Tree Service Reviews in Payson
- Bob's Tree and Landscaping IncWe have five very large pecan tress that were in desperate need of trimming and a mulberry tree that needed removing. Bob's Tree customer service was phenomenal. Immediate response after calling & apt scheduled right away for an estimate. Estimate given was a little higher that what I expected, having no clue what tree trimming was worth, but we went ahead with it, knowing Bob's Tree has been in business for years and has a great reputation. We were thrilled with the job they did and the amount of time it took. They left the yard even better than it was before they came, cleaning up every bit of wood that fell from the trimming and a great deal of pecans as well. After watching how hard they worked and the excellent way they cleared the trees and left the property upon completion, I was glad to write the check for them and glad that we were able to support a local business. Bob's Tree may not be the 'cheapest' pricing out there, but you definitely get what you pay for with them - excellence
- SavATree PhoenixPerfect! John the owner is a very honest man and his men are nice, neat personable the work was done perfectly, neatly.
- BRENTS TREE SERVICEGreat!!!! They came out the very next day after I called them to provide an estimate, and then scheduled the tree climbing for later that week. Their work was exactly as they stated it would be. I did not need to be there for the actual cutting, and when I came home from work, they had cleaned up everything and hauled away all the excess branches. My trees are thriving and were treated so they didn't get diseased where branches were cut, and my home and driveway are no longer blocked by heavy tree branches
- Paul Bunyan Tree ServiceI believe that they did a good job in removing a cottonwood tree that had fallen into a neighbor's yard falling heavy rains.
- Mountain Tree ServiceSteve and his crew were professional and very knowledgeable. They removed the trees in a short time and cleaned all the debris away. I would highly recommend them.
- Amazing Scapes LLCRobert came to my house to measure, and give me an estimate of the project while he was there. He had samples of materials with him on the first visit. I interviewed 3 landscape companies, and he gave me the best price. I was impressed by his positive, and kind demeanor. Robert was able to begin my project within 2 weeks. He showed up with the crew the first day, and his "Dad" came to check on the progress a few days later. Robert called me to "check in" twice, and responded to e-mails the same day when I had questions. The project took 1 week plus a few additional hours while the crew worked on perfecting the arch of the kiva. The crew was here on time every day. They were friendly, and cleaned up at the end of each day. Ivan, the crew chief, checked with me several times during the construction of the kiva to make certain it was as I imagined it would look. They did do an Amazing job! The fireplace is beautiful, and these guys worked on it until it was as perfect. They checked, and rechecked placement, level, design, etc. Robert came by as soon as the project was completed for a final walk thru of the project. I can not emphasize enough how pleasant it was to work with this entire crew, and what a beautiful job they produced to make our back yard the oasis we wanted. We plan to have Robert work on future projects
- Northern Arizona Tree & Landscape ServiceThe company located excellent plants that precisely met my requirements. They were on time, efficient, artistic, and professional, and impressive!!!
- Northern Arizona Tree & Landscape ServiceVery well. Showed up on time. Crew was very professional. It took longer than he thought but did not charge me any extra. Clean up was superb.
- Northern Arizona Tree & Landscape ServiceThe owner met me at the wholesaler to help select good tree specimens, then delivered and planted the trees in very hard soil without any difficulty. They had all necessary equipment on hand when they arrived, so the digging progressed smoothly and rapidly. The planting sites were properly prepared to receive the trees, and a water supply was established for each tree planted. Cracks in a flagstone patio were repaired by removing the existing stones, reshaping them as needed, and relaying them with new mortar colored using our choice of color. Two new sprinkler zones were added to an existing system. The area covered by the new zones was prepped for grass by adding a couple of inches of topsoil. The topsoil they provided was of very nice color and texture and contained no rock. Much nicer than that provided by other companies we've used in the past. One small tree (8-inch trunk) was removed quickly without issues. The stump seemed to present no problem. Several companies in the area can do the things detailed above. The difference with this company is the owner and the crew actually on the site doing the work. The owner is a working part of the crew, very personable, and is a good communicator. He's reliable, flexible, and makes sure the job progresses as expected. The crew is composed mostly of happy, polite young men and women eager to work, with older hands as well lending their experience to the team . They were all fun, and very easy to have around the house for a few days. Brad, the owner, watches for any additional previously existing trouble spots while they work and reports anything he sees that might need attention in the future. The prices are competitive, and they inspire confidence in their work. But the real measure of a company is how do they handle things when something goes wrong. In our case everything went as planned, but after working with Brad I have confidence that if I called him with a problem it would be handled fairly, promptly, without a bunch of stress, and to my satisfaction. That just seems to be how he wants to be known in his business. He says he loves Anngie's List and wants to be sure the reviews are good. These guys are our landscape crew now. We will be using this company any time we have a project in the future. Several more are already planned as we can afford them. I look forward to working with them again. Now I have to find a doctor, dentist, and auto mechanic that are the equivalent of this company in their fields
- Northern Arizona Tree & Landscape ServiceCrew came on site and went to work without delay. Professionally divided job within crew. Good clean up. Did professional job on trees.
Last update on January 22, 2021
Tree Service Companies in Payson
Deals in Payson for Tree Service
Explore our Solution Center for helpful tree service company articles
Don’t get ripped off when hiring a professional tree service to remove trees. Make sure you watch for these scams that occur much too often.
One highly rated provider shares the difference between tree removal and tree care and explains how to decide which is best the trees in your yard.
Find tree removal services in
- Star Valley,
- Tonto Basin,
- Happy Jack,
- Camp Verde,
- Lake Montezuma,
- Rio Verde,
- Fort Mcdowell,
- Cave Creek,
- Spring Valley,
- Cordes Lakes,
- Fountain Hills,
- Black Canyon City,
tree removal services in Payson
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Copper Star Forestry
Mesa, Arizona 85205
- Copper Star Forestry
- It's Magic Landscape & Design1327 E White Mountain Blvd
Pinetop, Arizona 85935
- It's Magic Landscape & Design
- Rocky Mountain Forestry2111 W Ridge Rd
Snowflake, Arizona 85937
- Rocky Mountain Forestry
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space
- Wild Jungle Landscaping 5446 S 7th St
Phoenix, Arizona 85040
- Wild Jungle Landscaping
Tree service companies that service Payson
Tree Service FAQ
How much does it cost to remove a tree?
Answer: Typically, tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000. Tree removal costs vary widely based on the number of trees being removed, the height of each tree, the diameter of each tree trunk, and accessibility to the tree. Smaller trees are usually less expensive to remove than larger ones, as are those that are more easily accessible.
Do you need a permit to cut down a tree?
Answer: In many areas, you don’t need a permit to cut down a tree on your own private, residential property. But some municipalities may require tree removal permits for conservation purposes or to comply with local ordinances. When you hire a tree removal pro, they’ll be able to tell you whether you need a permit for your specific tree removal project.
When is a good time to trim trees?
Answer: In most regions, the best time to trim your trees is during the winter months. During the active growing season (spring through fall), trimming your trees can leave them more vulnerable to disease and less likely to thrive. During the winter months, when trees are dormant, trimming them will cause less stress and leave them ready to grow again in the spring.
What is the average cost to cut a tree down?
Answer: Tree removal costs between $200 and $2,000 per tree. Establishing an average cost can be difficult because each tree will be assessed and priced based on factors like height, trunk diameter, and accessibility. In general, smaller trees cost less to remove than larger trees, as do trees that are more accessible.
How much does it cost to service a tree?
Answer: The cost to service a tree is typically between $430 and $1,320. The cost to service a tree depends on several factors, including what exactly you’d like done, the tree’s height, its health, the location of the tree, and local labor costs. The national average cost for tree services is $865. Tree trimming isn’t necessary for all trees but can improve their health and longevity by encouraging new growth.
What is the difference between tree trimming and pruning?
Answer: While tree trimming and tree pruning might appear similar to the untrained eye, they serve different purposes. Tree pruning is used to thin a tree by removing unnecessary or burdensome branches. Tree trimming promotes healthy growth by trimming but not removing branches.