If you’re renovating your house, you'll need to have plans ready for the permit and the contractor to start working on your project. But should you hire an architect?
Get matched with top building architects in Portland, OR
There are 41 highly-rated local building architects.
Recent Architect Reviews in Portland
- Macadam Floor And DesignWe purchased a condo recently that needed an almost complete renovation -- and flooring was the first thing we wanted to take on. From our very first contact with Macadam, we knew we were in good hands when we met Darren K.on a Saturday in late September 2020. We ultimately chose a cork product that was able to be installed in one day and we couldn't be happier. The handoff from Darren to the install manager, Caine, was seamless and Caine made sure that the installers were well-informed and timely. Throughout the whole process, Macadam's communication was exceptional. I can recommend them without reservation
- Macadam Floor And DesignIt went great! Rick, Kane and their installing crew were very helpful and kept us informed throughout the whole experience. Reasonable pricing as well!
- Macadam Floor And DesignIt was excellent. We worked with Scott Carden; Project Manager and he was great; very knowledgeable and helpful. Definitely see him!
- Macadam Floor And DesignWhen we had old floors removed and new floors put into our house we dealt with Macadam Flooring and Design. They made it so easy for us. We had terrific help at their showroom helping us with our selection of flooring. Randy VanLant and his team are terrific. Every issue, the few that there were, was taken care of immediately. What we thought would be a huge burden turned out to be an enjoyable experience. It was all done in just a few days. I recommend Randy VanLant, Jake McKowen and the team at Macadam if you’re looking for flooring in your hom
- Macadam Floor And DesignIf you have any type of flooring needs I would recommend contacting Katie Stillwater at Macadam Flooring. She is very responsive and great to work with. While I was at the HBA of Metro Portland I worked directly with Katie on our Street of Dreams Home Show and our Spring and Fall H&G Shows. I also worked with Katie on my personal home with LVT flooring in the family, dining and kitchen areas. Both Katie and Macadam are great to work with
- Let's RemodelOur family is thrilled with our new kitchen provided by Pavel and his team at Let’s Remodel. For years we’ve dreamed up improvements to the most central part of our home, but not until meeting Pavel and seeing other examples of his work did we feel the confidence to at last pull the trigger. Their approach was nothing short of spectacular from start to finish. The crew was always polite and considerate, and the proposed calendar was reliable throughout the entire project. We also very much appreciated the insight and expertise we received when deliberating aspects of design. The end result truly surpassed all of our expectations. We intend to enjoy this space for many years to come. Thanks to everyone at Let’s Remodel — you were a great team to work with
- Colorworks NEAlthough Walt and Chris did not end up doing the work in my bathroom due to the extensiveness of the damage, I have nothing but positive things to say about both of them. They showed the utmost of honesty and integrity in declining the project, knowing that the money I would have spent to have them "repair" the plaster in my bathroom was ultimately just a "band-aid" and not the best use of my resources. They spent over an hour discussing the project with me and assessing the damage (with the hope of moving forward with the work). You could tell that they did not take the decision lightly and did not like to have to inform me that a repair was not the best course of action -- a lesser company would have proceeded and taken my money regardless. They cleaned up all the plaster that crumbled and left my space immaculate. Furthermore, they charged me nothing for their time, despite losing out on a days work as a result. I'll admit, I have never hired people to do interior painting of my home in the past, but I will definitely be hiring them the next time I have work to be done in my home
- Macadam Floor And DesignWe spoke with Rick told him what we were wanting he knew exactly which flooring we wanted. Set up all the appointments quickly. They were wonderful to work with. He has a very professional staff to work with from start to finish. The day of install the installers came in and got right to work and knocked out our flooring quickly and I have to say the floors are beautiful, I have waited a long time to get New floors and I’m so pleased with them. The installers answered all our questions are were very professional. Before they left they had cleaned up like they were never here. Rick called the day after installation to check in and see how we liked the floors and if there were any problems. We told him we wanted to do carpets in the bedrooms and he told us he had the perfect color to complement the flooring. We are looking forward to the next phase next year. If you want new flooring at great prices and a professional friendly staff then call Macadam Floor Designs
- Macadam Floor And DesignOur remodel required some serious tile choices. We found just what we wanted at Macadam Floor (who would have thought?). Katie Stilwater was just the right person to understand what we were after and led us to just the right choices and price points. She would follow up with me until I was completely at ease with the decisions. Both the shower and kitchen turned our perfectly. Thanks, Katie
- Macadam Floor And DesignJake listened to what I was requesting and knew exactly what I wanted. Took sample!e home and it was perfect. Jake promptly ordered. Sean was Amazing to work with on installation. Couldn't have had a better experience. I highly recommend Macadam Floor and Design.
Architects in Portland
- Business Description:We offer quality service at an affordable price. Contact us today about an estimate!
- Business Description:I help my clients create the home they've always imagined. By working with them to re-create an existing house, or design a new one, I help them tailor their homes to suit their unique lifestyles and needs. I work with clients throughout the greater Portland area (and beyond). Visit www.donrtitus.com/lets-talk to find out more and schedule an appointmentRecent Review:I contracted Don to continue developing construction documents after the current drafter had become unavailable. Don was quick at getting up to speed on the project, and offered great suggestions on some areas which needed improvement. He was usually available quickly via phone and email to discuss project details. We eventually waded into difficult requirements from the City of Portland regarding wetland remediation issues. It was new territory for both Don and myself, but we bounced many ideas off each other and finally created a solution the City was willing to accept. I would recommend Don for drafting and design projectsNate K.
- Business Description:Pat Sauer, owner of The Design Department Inc., is a Professional Building Designer with 25 years experience specializing in all aspects of residential structures: single family, multi - family, kitchen and bath design, new construction and remodeling. Member of American Institute of Building Design. Owner-operated. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. May contact through phone or e-mailRecent Review:Pat came recommended by the builder we selected who had years of experience working with her over many projects. We really enjoyed working with her during the design and planning of our custom home. She is a great communicator and helped us through a very complicated process to achieve a result that was beyond our dreams. She is very detail oriented and completed her tasks very quickly. Her design ideas were great and she was very patient during the development of the project. I will not hesitate to use her services again and recommend her firm without reservationSteve G.
- Business Description:Our highly trained & experienced company can handle any job from replacing doors & windows to renovating your entire home. Want to build a new house, we can design & build your dream home for you. We service the Portland Metro area, Central Oregon, & Oregon CoastRecent Review:He did a really good job and I would definitely hire him again. I would recommend him as well.Jeanie L.
- Business Description:LX Design approaches design in an elegant, cost effective and practical way, assisted by many years of hands-on building experience in the field of residential construction.Recent Review:We had a great experience working with Matt. He's professional and very good at what he does. He came up with some great ideas and really listened to what we were asking for when coming up with his final drawings/plans for our project. I would definitely work with Matt againMichael E H.
- Business Description:Westland Home Construction CCB # 217442 Bonded & Insured Free Estimates We are a small locally owned business and we pride ourselves on our excellent customer service. We will take on all projects from home repairs to full additions and remodels. We cover Salem, Eugene, Portland and anywhere in between. If you are outside in the country we cover that as well. You can see pictures of our work in our Facebook page at Westland Home Construction Visit our website for more information www.westland..Recent Review:They came in and figured out the problem, very polite and professional I would definitely recommend them to anyone, and looking forward to doing some house upgrades with them in the futureJesus E.
- Business Description:Garza Construction, Inc. has earned the distinction of being one of Portland's leading residential contractors. We specialize in all types of renovation & remodeling projects for your home, from standard to custom work. Locally owned and operated, Garza Construction, Inc. has built a business based on total customer satisfaction. We have learned that integrity, attention to all detail, and honesty each step of the way, makes the best working environment for everyone. You can count on the most..Recent Review:We were very pleased with the results, particularly in the kitchen. The price was reasonable, about in the middle of the bids we got. There was little over-run in the price, and that was mainly due to unexpected problems with the house. The quality of the work was high. We were given a schedule and except for a few instances caused by things out of their control, they stuck to the schedule. Anything that wasn’t working out the way I expected, Marcellino Garza worked with me to get it right. Great care was taken that there was no incidental damage to the rest of the house as they moved supplies & equipment around. Communication was good. The workmen were all courteous, and there were no language difficulties. The crew was generally helpful. Cleanup each day was excellentJames H.
- Business Description:Kaufman Homes is your one-stop shop for everything from changing a hard to reach light bulb to designing and building a large custom home. We pride ourselves in uncompromised quality, realistic budgets, business integrity, and building lasting customer relationships, no matter the size of job or type of work. Kaufman Homes is located in Salem, Oregon but does work in many outlying communities as far reaching as the coast, Bend, and Vancouver, Washington. We are a general contracting firm but..Recent Review:We just sold our home - 11 years old, and the Inspector had a difficult time finding any issues. A few minor ones were found and Kaufman Maintenance took care of them ASAP in a very professional manner. They are a professional team and cost-effective in caring for any needed repairs! They are extremely cordial to work with - a great team to have in your home and keeping it tip top!! Gordon and Shari KellGordon K.
- Business Description:Quality and commitment from our family to yours… Hardline has been remodeling homes in Portland, Oregon, and Vancouver, Washington, for 26 years in home, kitchen, and bath design, construction, and remodeling. Hardline is a local family friendly business. Complimentary estimates. Veteran owned and operated business. At Hardline an experienced designer and construction contractor can work with you to transform any space into one that will best fit your needsRecent Review:Hardline Construction did an excellent job building our new addition from beginning to end. From the start, Adam (the owner) asked more questions during the quoting process than any other contractor, wanted to look at every nook and corner to make sure nothing was missed and answered every question we had during the entire project. He kept us up to date on when work would start, had already pre-positioned supplies on-site so work could begin as soon as permits were issued, and did the work in a timely manner while respecting our privacy and keeping us informed of progress. We are very pleased with him and his crew's work and would recommend them for any construction project, and already have. Also, he and his crew love dogsSara R.
- Business Description:We are a seasoned remodeling company joyfully serving Portland since 2004. We have 8-10 full time employees. We have all been working together for years. We only bring people that we know or who come highly recommended to the job site. We use a small group of very reliable licensed subs for plumbing, electrical and HVAC work. We stand behind our work and the work of all of our subs. We do all aspects of Residential Remodeling; Basement, Garage, and Attic Conversions, Additional Dwelling Units..Recent Review:The project went just great. The Sundog crew discovered wiring where it shouldn't be, and was able to quickly reconfigure upstairs lighting in two different locations and still the the project done on time. This is the third time (maybe fourth?) that we've asked Sundog Construction to help get a project completed, and every time it's been a success. Plus, we like the crew. They're cool, super competent, fast, and easy people to have inside your living spaceChris B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful architect articles
How much does an architect cost? Having a new home or addition built is an exciting time. But before you hire an architect, you'll want to go over budget and timeline expectations. Learn how much it costs to hire an architect.
Looking to build a new house or revamp your old home? Should you hire an architect or a designer? Learn the difference between an architect and a designer when it comes to skills and cost to determine which professional you need to hire.
Find building architects in
- Oak Grove
- Lake Oswego
- King City
- Happy Valley
- West Linn
- Wood Village
- Oregon City
building architects in Portland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 5 Star Enterprises34512 SE 1st St
- 5 Star Enterprises
- A+Design10216 SE 256th St Ste 103-399
- A. J. Miller Landscape architecture PLLC1833 JAMES ST
Syracuse, New York
- AA Design LLC18230 SE Swanson Ln
- Above Board Handyman Services312 N Garfield Street
- Advantage Services Construction Inc.5525 NW Skyline Blvd.
- Aerowelding and Fab, LLC682 Matola Rd P.O.Box 619
- Age In Place LLC355 N Vernonia Rd
Saint Helens, Oregon
- AhHa! Architecture LLC615 SE Alder St Ste 203
- Alan D Brzycki Building Design14767 SW 109th Ste 6
- Allusa Architecture2118 SE DIVISION ST
- AMA Construction Group2272 SE Brookwood Ave
- Angela Prater Design Studio 127 S Garden Ter
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Architects VanLom Group AIA, PCPO Box 25690
- ARCHITECTURAL ADORNMENTS10723 S NEW ERA RD
- Architectural Woods3800 SE Columbia Way
- Architecture West3323 NE 70th
- Architractor7400 SE Milwaukie Ave
- ARGO ARCHITECTURE7840 SW 131st Ave
- Armadas Exterior LLC2075 NW 14th St
- ARTISAN RENOVATIONS16205 NW BETHANY CT # 112
- Bachelor General Contractor3334 NE 45th Ave
- BADHOUSE1526 31st Ave
- Baillie Construction & Remodeling, LLC5 Berwick Ct
- Best Building Design, LLC1347 NW 15th Street
Lincoln City, Oregon
- Bocci DEsign2400 SW Turner Rd
West Linn, Oregon
- Brett Schulz Architect2222 NE Oregon St Ste 203
- bright designlab404 NW 10th Ave #101
- Brown Building & DesignPO Box 197
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Bruce Sternberg Architect, Inc.P.O. BOX 82416 .
- burns organic modern1336 SE 20th Avenue
- BWH Design1705 Fern Pl
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- Bachelor General Contractor
- C2 DESIGN1332 SE 44TH AVE
- Cameron Cruse Interior Designp.o. box 91472
- CAMERON P DUTZ ARCHITECT12365 SW MARION ST
- CEDAR RIDGE HOMES1905 SW 257TH AVE
- Celeste Lewis Architecture LLC821 NW Flanders
- Chenier Design3630 NE 77th Ave.
- Choruby Construction LLC12520 SW 68th Ave. Suite A
- Chris Davis Design4605 NE Fremont St Ste 202
- Christie Architecture LLC9532 SW 18th Place
- CIDA INC/COMMERCIAL DESIGN15895 SW 72nd Ave Ste 2ii 200
- CJ Hurley Century Arts3247 NE Glisan St
- Color Your Carpet9800 Beach Blvd
- Colorworks NE2700 SW Corbeth Ln
- Colt Guillory Construction151 NE Chancellor Ct.
- Columbia Geotechnical, Inc.PO Box 87367
- CONSTRUCT DESIGN LLC3720 SW BAIRD ST
- Cooper Design Builders720 NE Flanders St Ste 200
- Creative Contractors & Design LLC.15357 Union School Rd NE
- Creative Visions LLC45 Crocker Street
- Cutting Edge Contracting Inc.14407 NE 13th Ave Ste 112
- C2 DESIGN
- D & L Quality Construction15340 SE Minerva Ln
- D P DESIGN2050 Beavercreek Road 308
Oregon City, Oregon
- D&J Remodeling20672 NW Quail Hollow dr
- Dale's Remodeling5514 Commercial St SE
- DAN GLENNON4106 NE 32ND PL
- DANIELHOUSE Studios4931 SW 76th Ave Ste 264
- DAO ARCHITECTURE LLC1919 SE 43RD AVE
- Dean Shelley Construction6950 SE 134th Ave
- Decks Built In Oregon18728 SW Kristi Way
Lake Oswego, Oregon
- DESIGN ASSOCIATES16505 SE 1st St
- Design by Trina llcPO Box 537
- DESIGN NW14602 NE FORTH PLAIN RD STE D
- DESIGNWORKS606 LOUISVILLE WY
- DesignYourBasement.com7636 Pennsylvania Ct
- DI BENEDETTO THOMSON106 SW GIBBS ST
- Dillman Design Inc17261 S Eaden Rd
Oregon City, Oregon
- Dioxua llc1616 SE 11th Ave
- DMS ARCHITECTS2440 NE MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD SUITE #202
- Don R Titus, Residential Designer5138 SE 115th Ave
- Dressler Consulting, LLCPO Box 220177
- Dual Design / David W. Jackson5951 N. Killdeer Dr.
- D & L Quality Construction
- Eastside Antiques CTA2402 NE 15th Ave
- Ecotone Environmental LLC545 NE Jessup Street
- EK ENGINEERING105 West Main Street, Suite 101. P.O. Box 3097
Battle Ground, Washington
- Eleven Engineering & Design, LLC825 NE 20th Ave. 310
- eMZed Architecture LLC3302 SE Salmon Street
- Endpoint Design IncP.O. BOX 55333
- Engaging Environments LLC15626 SE Martins S
- Envi Construction LLC118 NE Monroe St
- Eric R Gamer Design3305 NE 59th Ave
- Erik Bjork Architects7516 Virginia Ln
- Eastside Antiques CTA
- FAMILY BUILDING SERVICES INCPO Box 10630
- Fields Creek Design Group LLC23281 SW Bosky Dell Lane
West Linn, Oregon
- Figueras Homes & Investments Inc.PO Box 1227
- Five Star Exteriors Corporation3155 Fisher rd ne
- Fix Studio2107 NW Walmer Dr.
- Fortney ContractorsPO Box 920
- Frame Work Plus Inc.238 SW 38th Loop
- FAMILY BUILDING SERVICES INC
- Garrison Hullinger Interior Design1100 SE Grand Ave #203
- Garza Construction, Inc.8835 SW Canyon Ln Suit 303
- Gerber+Boes Architectural Collaborative421 High Street 222
Oregon City, Oregon
- GIULIETTI/SCHOUTEN AIA ARCH2800 NW THURMAN ST
- GOHMAN MECHANICAL INC14505 SE HIGHWAY 212 #A
- GOSSER BUILDING DESIGN1055 NE 25TH AVE B
- Grabeel Construction66 SE Morrison st
- Green Rising Construction, LLCPO Box 7276
- Green Hammer1323 SE 6th Ave
- Garrison Hullinger Interior Design