How does a residential survey help buyers? If you’re thinking of buying property, you need a land survey to map what you're paying for—for various crucial reasons. Before buying, learn what a land survey is, why you need it, and how much it costs.
Get matched with top land surveyors in Minneapolis, MN
There are 0 highly-rated local land surveyors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Land Surveyors Reviews in Minneapolis
- Brandt Engineering & SurveyingI submitted a request on a Saturday to a few places, and figured I'd have to wait until Monday to get some quotes for the work. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call less than an hour later from Mike, who is a surveyor at Brandt Engineering and Surveying. Throughout the entire process, Mike was great - from the very first (prompt!) initial contact he was communicative, polite, and professional. He explained to me the possible range of prices the service might cost so I wouldn't be surprised. We planned on it happening on a few different occasions until we got one where there was good weather. He did the job perfectly. I very much appreciate this level of service and was happy to be interacting with a thoroughly courteous and competent professional
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESOverall, things turned out very well. I was very pleased with our experience. Mark was very upfront.
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESKemper and Associates were very professional the entire time. They had to come out at least twice, for measuring and placing stakes and markers. We had asked them to call in advance to make sure our dogs were not in the yard, and they cheerfully complied. After they had completed their work, they gave us copies of the (extremely detailed) drawings, as well as a CD. I would highly recommend this company. The only minor blip was a misunderstanding about the quoted estimate price. After receiving the invoice, I contacted the company and they immediately sent out a revised invoice. Again -- very professional and a quality company through and through
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESFrom the point of initial contact, scheduling was rapid and hassle free. The team who executed the job were fast, efficient and paid meticulous attention to detail. The final survey was hand delivered to my home by the business owner. Highly recommended.
- Bohlen Surveying & AssociatesTom O'Meara quickly returned my call and I sent him the details of what I wanted done. He recommended getting it done soon before all the trees and under brush start leafing out. On the specified day, the two person crew came out and arrived on time. They were very easy to work with and answered all my questions about how they where going to do the project. They first found all the original corner irons, If an iron was missing they would have replaced it with a new 18" iron with their Land Survey number on it. When I visually checked each corner, you could see the original iron they located. They also marked the corner with a wood lathe and florescent streamer. Next they proceed to mark the property line every 50' using a 10" landscape nail with a florescent streamer tied to the nail and a wood lathe that said "Point on Property". The next day. Tom O'Meara put together a document showing all the points marked on the property. Which was very helpful, because I can give this document to my neighbors for their review
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESMark Kemper was professional and helpful. I expressed interest in seeing how they did their work, and he always notified me when they were going to be on site. He was willing to satisfy my curiosity about how surveying worked, explaining how and why they did what they did. I found the whole thing very interesting. At the end, they placed the markers and showed me where they were and gave me several copies of the drawing of my property and the surrounding neighborhood. I highly recommend them
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESOn a recommendation from our architect, we contacted two surveyors; she said Kemper was particularly good, she didn't know a lot about the other one but I wanted to have a choice. I spoke to both companies the same day. Mark Kemper got back to me right away with bid information. From our conversation he just radiated quality and solidness. I told him I'd have to call him back with a decision after I got the second bid. But about an hour after we spoke I called him back and hired him -- with a tough economy for the building trades and related services, all I could think of was that here was a guy who really sounded like he cared about his work quality and the price sounded fair; he should get the job. I couldn't have been more correct in my assessment. His crew came out within two days and dug through the considerable snow to get all the monuments and measurements. They were personable and professional and were undaunted by the extra work shoveling and scraping. The final product was done quickly and delivered to our home and sent to our architect. The work was excellent and of very high quality -- both our architect and builder were very impressed. We got excellent value for the money we spent. As for the other surveyor -- he didn't call me back for another week and when he did said they would have to charge extra because it was January and there was a lot of snow. He quoted a price higher than Kemper. I'm glad I went with my gut! I would highly recommend Mark Kemper and his company
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESCalled for an estimate and it was given the following day. When I contracted for service, they gave me a 2 week window, they actually showed up after a few days. I mentioned I needed the survey ASAP as we are working with an architect and we were on a tight schedule. They completed the survey and did a follow up to make a few corrections. Within a few days I had all the drawings and a disc with all the information I needed. I had an unusual landscaping which I am sure made it more of a challenge, didn't seem to cause them difficulty. They did a great job and had very good follow up. Email was a great way to communicate on the project, made it easy. Would recommend them
- Fisher InvestmentsThey're very professional. It's a very comfortable situation, and they don't try to sell us on services they don't need. I think they have some minimum financial requirements for their customers, though. We've bounced around from a few different investment firms, and Fisher is by far the most professional to date. They're very attentive and accessible
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATESI found Kemper and Assoc on Angies list and called for an estimate. I spoke with Mark Kemper who immediately pulled up our lot on a database and gave me some details about it and what they would do. He was very knowledgable about what we would need for construction in Minneapolis and explained everything well. He estimated $1000, which was a few hundred dollars less than other estimates we had received. I call him a few day later to set it up and his team came out the next day to perform the survey. (Mark did say that during the spring and summer there is a longer wait for work to be done) In less than a week we had several drawings and a CD for our architect. They were fast, efficient and very nice to work with
Last update on August 19, 2017
Land Surveyors in Minneapolis
Explore our Solution Center for helpful land surveyor articles
Follow these five steps to regrade your yard around your foundation and help protect your home from water damage.
Knowing where your property lines are can help settle a dispute with a neighbor and even prevent an ugly legal battle. This guide will help you draw the line.
Find land surveyors in
land surveyors in Minneapolis
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- 4 Seasons Property Care, LLC416 7th St W
Hastings, Minnesota 55033
- 4 Seasons Property Care, LLC
- Dirtworks Inc.PO Box 169
Cedar, Minnesota 55011
- Dirtworks Inc.
- HANCE UTILITY SVC200 Central Ave
Buffalo, Minnesota 55313
- HANCE UTILITY SVC
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATES721 OLD HGWY 8 NW
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55112
- KEMPER & ASSOCIATES
- M & P Associates1440 Arcade St Ste I
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55106
- M & P Associates
- Van Neste Surveying85 Wildhurst Road
Excelsior, Minnesota 55331
- Van Neste Surveying
- Webb Surveying LLC201 Division St. W. Suite B
Maple Lake, Minnesota 55358
- Webb Surveying LLC