If you want to knock down a wall to open up your living space, you’ll need to understand the costs involved. Follow our guide to hiring a professional structural engineer to remove a load-bearing or non-load-bearing wall.
Get matched with top structural engineers in Grand Rapids, MI
There are 3 highly-rated local structural engineers.
Matching on Angi
Recent Structural Engineering Reviews in Grand Rapids
- Foundation Specialist LLCThey were thorough, professional and very detailed. Report came back to me quickly. I also checked the reviews on their website and the BBB and all were A's.
- Innovative BuildersInnovative Builders are a new team of carpenters and re-modelers in the Kalamazoo area. We had excellent references from a friend, so asked them to come and give us a quote on a fairly large rehab project (new floors, new doorways, lots of painting as well as some structural/leveling work needed on the floor) in our newly purchased 1950s home. We interviewed five different teams for the job, and they tied for first place, in their enthusiasm, price of their estimate, and obvious attention to detail. It was a very hard decision not to work with them, and we plan to work with them on smaller projects in the future
Structural Engineers in Grand Rapids
- Business Description:We specialize in Basement Waterproofing, Crawlspace Waterproofing (encapsulation), Concrete Lifting, Egress Window / Window Well Installation, Installation of Helical piles for new or existing foundations and Foundation Repair. Our team has over 20 years of experience and knowledge in the construction and waterproofing industries. We pride ourselves on getting the job done right the first time! Contact us today for your free estimateRecent Review:Troy and his team were so wonderful throughout this entire process! Troy came out over a year ago to quote - he spent nearly 4 hours on my property making sure that he understood exactly what was going on with each of my buildings. He took several pictures and gave a very estimate. I had several other companies come out to provide quotes & they just simply weren't as thorough or kind. Troy continued to follow up and once we were able to budget for the project, he came out and made sure nothing had changed. Throughout the job he took TONS of pictures so I didn't have to go under the building to check it out. They were professional & very respectful of our business operations. I will have them back this summer to finish up some additional projects! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS COMPANYAngie S.
- Business Description:Owner operated with over 16 years in the Home Inspection Business. Please review http://www.hjhomeinspections.com for more details, completed courses and certificationsRecent Review:I met Harold at the home we had under contract. We initially focused our attention to the foundations of the additions the existing owner added onto the home several years ago. Harold discovered that the foundations were constructed from treated lumber and not concrete. Since this was a non-starter for us in terms of purchasing the home, we concluded what would have been a 4+ hour inspection in less than an hour. Harold discounted his fee accordingly. Harold was extremely knowledgeable, and we will certainly hire him againTim K.
- Business Description:Foundation Systems of Michigan, founded in 2007, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They currently maintain offices in Livonia, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City. FSM is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help ..Recent Review:Worst experience ever with them. They promised to fix the small leak in my basement. During installation I told the foreman I specifically thought the dry well location was way too close to the house and that it should be put in the back yard. He said there is no way it would flood and worst case it would get mildly damp in the front yard if it rained a ton (in hindsight because they didn't want to do the extra work of putting it in the correct location). That was definitely not true as almost immediately it overflowed. This flooded not only our basement but also our elderly neighbors basement and garage too. My pregnant wife and I had to literally stay up all night mopping up the basement so that it would not be ruined until get could get an emergency plumber to come out the next day. Their incompetence almost put my wife into premature labor due to the physical exertion of having to stay up all night mopping even though I tried to do as much as I could. For well over two months I have left numerous messages with the company as well as my salesman, Alan Free, who very much apologized to me for their incompetence and told me a manager would call me back. They still have not called back. Totally unethical and incompetent. Just not right for them to charge thousands of dollars, create a bigger problem, and refuse to do anything about itBobby D.
- Business Description:Foundation Specialist is a full service basement waterproofing and structure repair company serving all of the western half of Michigan. Foundation Specialist has experienced foundation inspectors. All foundation inspectors have installation experience in new construction concrete and retro fit foundation repair. Foundation Specialist, LLC will treat you and your home with respect as customer service is our number one goal and the key to our continued success. Give us a call and we'll send ou..Recent Review:We paid them almost $13,000 to "waterproof" and our basement flooded in a storm. 6 inches of water throughout, more than we ever had before they did any work. They said their system is not designed to deal with surface water caused by hard rains and that we should have asked for them to install window well drains, although they are supposedly the "experts" and never mentioned anything about this or any other potential future problems. They didn't offer to help with the cleanup or do anything to fix the problem other than to charge us more money to do what should have been done initially. When confronted with the problem, they were rude, unhelpful, and did nothing but say it wasn't their fault. Use someone elseTracy H.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Free inspection with written proposal and estimate. Financing available. Real estate transactions and inspection of foundation. Full time employees. Patented, warrantied products. In business since 1981. Additional phone: 866-379-1669Recent Review:It didn't go at all. After several email exchanges where Ayers kept changing the date of my appointment. They changed the date three times, the final time was almost 7 weeks past the first contact. I'd warn others to beware if they need to cancel the first appointmentRobin E.
- Business Description:Feldpausch Excavators
- Business Description:Our company provides remodeling and planning work to clients who want the work done once. A relationship is begun with an on-site visit by the company owner Rick Witham. Rick, a creative builder, engineer, planner, with LEED and ADA experience, will guide a thorough review and decision making process. Specialized work is done by the owner (like deck repair or structural reviews); other work may be subcontracted out to a select few, only licensed & insured entities. Projects often can be done ..
- Business Description:Phase I Environmental Reports for $230.00 - Competitive Environmental Assessments
- Business Description:Rapid Integrated Solutions LLC is Engineered products on demand. Specializing in Steel Fabrication RIS works on everything Steel. Work Platforms, Stairs, Mezzanines, Guardrail, Brush Guards, Custom Plasma Cut steel brackets and parts. Being local and having engineering software in house we can make a hand sketch into a finished product in short order. RIS was founded in 2016 and is registered with the Better Business Bureau. BBB profile can be reviewed a the following link: (https://ww..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful structural engineer articles
Do you have a suspicious support beam in your home with signs of dry rot, water damage, or—dare we say it—termites? The cost to replace a rotted support beam will take all these causes into account, as well as your unique home design.
Earthquakes can cause serious damage to homes, but whether you have a new build or an older house, you can protect it from these natural disasters. Find out earthquake retrofit costs based on type of home, foundation type, retrofit method, and more.
Find structural engineers in
structural engineers in Grand Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Ayers Basement Systems2505 S Waverly Hwy
- Ayers Basement Systems
- Bluebird CFW4590 Whittum Rd
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
- Bluebird CFW
- Greater Muskegon/ Builders5376 Duck Lake Rd
- Greater Muskegon/ Builders
- HJ Home Inspections, Inc.2146 Krislin Dr NE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- HJ Home Inspections, Inc.
- Rapid Integrated Solutions
- Rapid Integrated Solutions
- Superior Waterproofing & Restoration, Inc.5924 Henkel Rd
Howard City, Michigan
- Superior Waterproofing & Restoration, Inc.
- TRIAD ENVIRONMENTAL SVC6923 48TH AVE
- TRIAD ENVIRONMENTAL SVC