Did you know your driveway can boost your curb appeal? Discover creative driveway ideas to spark inspiration, plus find out which type will work best for you.
Get matched with top stone & gravel companies in Grand Rapids, MI
There are 6 highly-rated local stone & gravel companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Stone Gravel Reviews in Grand Rapids
- RM GroundworksRob did an excellent job. Handled a huge stump from a tree we had cut down, and also ground a bunch of smaller stumps. We have also used RM Groundwork’s for spreading wood chips over a large area next to our driveway as well as spreading crushed asphalt over the gravel section of our driveway. Rob does excellent work and always goes above and beyond what he’s asked to do
- Gravel GradersFantastic job! My gravel driveway was resurfaced with crushed concrete and drainage problems corrected.
- Mackinaw LandscapingMackinaw Landscaping, was very good at communicating with me. They showed up when they said that they would and did a good job removing my 18-year old shrubs. They installed some new boxwoods, and did a very professional job installing edging. They also fixed a drain pipe, trimmed a shrub, and installed some stone mulch. The job site was cleaned up thoroughly. I would recomend Mackinaw Landscaping
- Mackinaw LandscapingDan and Sue have helped us with a number of projects during the past few years. We have always found Mackinaw to provide excellent satisfaction with professionalism at a reasonable price. We would heartily recommend this firm to anyone considering their services.
- Mackinaw LandscapingI liked that after the initial walk-through of the changes I was looking for, that Dan came up with a nice simple design and within the price range I was expecting. Although the weather wasn't always making it easy for them to give me an estimate of when they could start on the work, they always responded quickly to emails or phone calls. They completed all the work in 2 days and did a really nice job
- GREENSCAPE LANDSCAPING INCThey were excellent. I liked that he was going to work with us in terms of accommodating the budget. He worked within the perimeters of our budget. He gave us our best options. He sort o scaled everything so that we would be able to grow our landscape through the course of time. I appreciated all of those things. The price was a little bit higher than I wanted. He had a lot of guys working on it
- Mackinaw LandscapingDan did a fantastic job planning and implementing a significant update to my long-neglected back yard. His ideas were spot on and fit within my aesthetic preferences and budget. He was flexible when I asked for a last-minute change. The price was more than fair. Communication was frequent and thorough. The work was done quickly, cleanly, and I'm very happy with the results. Highly recommended
- Tip-Top Gravel CoAbout a week ago, we had topsoil delivered by them and we are going to use them for crushed concrete on the driveway, last year we had used them for gravel when we were putting in a retaining wall and we will use them for mulch. When we get around once the siding is done then we could start cleaning up the flowerbeds. They seem pretty responsive. They had to wait on the crush gravel because of the roads, but usually we give them a call. They are very reasonably priced and their delivery charges are also reasonable. They come when they say they are going to come. We have not had any problems with the materials that they deliver; we have used them for mulch in the past, used them for gravel. They seem to do a great job in terms of the pricing and coming when they say they are going to be here. We have been very happy with them as a company, this is obvious by the time that we have had four large deliveries, it has been two years and two different summers
- Horizon Home ExteriorsWe met with Jeremy and he went over everything in detail. What I liked most is he offered different lines of windows and styles and siding manufactures. He wasn't the Wallside sales guy which we had quote the same process under their buy one get one free deal? He helped us with designs, colors, gave us places to see his work along with phone references. We talked to his suppliers and they also recommended him above other contractors they sell to! The biggest question for us was the color combination! Horizon made up renderings so we could see what it would look like committing to any material purchase. Followed that up by getting samples from the rendering choices and that caused concern as the actual colors were different than the renderings! Jeremy offered his family design person Rebecca! His sister! He explained she was the they family's color coordinator ! Becca as Jeremy calls her came out to our house (several times) went to look at not only colors but textures as well along with the stone color and BANG she nailed it !!! She definitely has an eye for detail and color combinations! She is not on staff but she should be when it comes to a major project like we had. Anyway Jeremy's crew showed up when they said did all that they quoted and went beyond what they quoted by taking down vines from my house, removing a TV antenna, and painting the trim and the stack from my chimney! The stone work was the last portion completed and then the rain gutters went up. The only delays was due to weather which can be expected. His crew worked steady every day. We were never concerned of their ability or workmanship. They were courteous and trustworthy. When the project was done they cleaned up the grounds and every last scrap was picked up from around the house. My neighbors have given us raving reviews! Most say if they wouldn't have known better they would have thought we rebuilt. I would recommend Horizon for their quality and workmanship! Nice guys to work with!
- Touch of Green Landscaping LLCSpent over 40k on landscaping for my house. Bought 15 trees that were 12-15 foot tall. Most looked rough to begin, many were planted wrong with the mounds above the ground, the trees were even set/planted very crooked and talked to Jason about my concerns. He said they have a 1 year warranty and we would replace them if they started dying. Less than a year later I showed him they were dying and he said he would replace them. I also had a very large boulder retaining wall put in place by his company and at that time I showed him it was falling down. Big boulders stacked on small boulders. I have small kids and it’s right below my patio and there ledgestone steps through it. I am terrified to have them go near it. There are many other problems like trees and bushes that were dead before the 1 year warranty and he would not replace them. Stay away from this company
Paver Installers in Grand Rapids
- Business Description:GeoX Excavating & Installation LLC is a Michigan- based, family-owned company offering a wide range of services to the greater Grand Rapids area to the Traverse City area. Unsure if we service your area? Contact us! We pride ourselves on being a comprehensive service provider in several aspects including, but not limited to : excavation Demolition Dump trailer rentals Residential services Geothermal services Lawncare At GeoX, We strive to provide the hig..Recent Review:The service was great. Good customer service and professional help. iI would hire him again in the future.Jordan r.
- Business Description:Provide all lawn care needs. Basement waterproofing and crawl space encapsulation. Also do snow removal and deck tear outs. I've been in the waterproofing and lawn business for almost 6 years and have an experienced team as well! I also offer Roofing ServicesRecent Review:It was good, excellent. The pricing was good and they did a great job on their work.Kenecia C.
- Business Description:Gravel Graders is a professional grading company. Our expertise is finding solutions to problem gravel driveways. We can repair your existing driveway gravel or upgrade with a cap of crushed asphalt. Our 7 step grading process and attention to detail is what sets us apart. Visit our website for more information: www.gravelgraders.coRecent Review:Fantastic job! My gravel driveway was resurfaced with crushed concrete and drainage problems corrected.Duane H.
- Business Description:Whether you are a homeowner needing a new or renovated landscape, or a business owner with a commercial site requiring a landscape, Mackinaw can help! We excel in advising you on how to obtain the best value for your landscape dollar and in providing creative, site-specific correct plantings installed... guaranteed! With Mackinaw Landscaping, you deal directly with the owner who will be present on your job site every day to ensure attention to detail and design integrity. With over 22 years e..Recent Review:It went well and they worked hard although we thought the price was a little high for the amount of work done. Over all we are satisfied with the results.Dr Gregory D.
- Business Description:Stump Grinding, Custom Rototilling (Gardens, Yards, Food Plots), Land Clearing, Brush Hog/ Mowing, Material Handling.Recent Review:RM Groundworks was reliable and on time. With multiple apparatuses RM groundworks can take care of all your back 40 needs. From rototilling to brush hogging, grappling and even stump grinding Rm groundworks makes foot plot prep a breeze. Year after year success is why I will continue to use RM groundworksChad P.
- Business Description:We are west michigan's leading septic tank and excavating provider!Recent Review:It was a difficult job and they had to dig up the openings. The service was very professional and he installed receivers at a very good price so digging would not be an issue in the future. Their front office staff is very responsive, the service was excellent. I would give them my highest recommendationRegan L.
- Business Description:We specialize in lawn care, landscaping, hardscaping, fencing, patios, grading, etc. *We do not snowplow*Recent Review:It was perfect. They provide good service, quality of work was there, the response time was good, and they used quality product.Mike M.
- Business Description:Our mission is to glorify God as we embody the gospel through our hard labor and our honest behavior. Our desire is to bring satisfaction to the customer as they seek to improve their household. And to facilitate growth for student workers as they experience the business world from a Christian perspectiveRecent Review:1" of gravel removed from under old deck, $1,000!!!! We did it ourselves and gave it to a neighbor. They claim they do landscaping but when asked if would build landscape planter said no. Felt like a bunch of college kids trying to make $$ during time offMary O.
- Business Description:5 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges.Recent Review:I contacted Greenscape AND PAID before summer 2019. Kept getting postponed. Didn't sprinkle grass seed until October. Was all washed away with rain. They promised to plant Butter Bur did not have enough to fulfill what was promised. The area had very, very few plants. When I complained they came out the following year and sprinkled VERY FEW grass seeds - very few germinated. I was extremely disappointed in the job that was done and have tried repeatedly to discuss a remedy. First text was answered with the nasty comment that I was the worst customer they ever had. Now they refuse to answer my texts or phone calls. Just giving everyone a warning here. Contemplating Better Business BureauLinda P.
- Business Description:Touch of Green Landscaping is a locally owned family business that has been serving Grand Rapids and all surrounding areas for the past 11 years. We specialize in Landscape/Waterfeature Design & Installation and provide many other services. We stand behind our motto: "Quality Is Our #1 Priority", as our customers not only keep us in business, but are the reason we are in business! We are fully licensed and insured and provide a wide range of services year round. Your property is our passion, ..Recent Review:Spent over 40k on landscaping for my house. Bought 15 trees that were 12-15 foot tall. Most looked rough to begin, many were planted wrong with the mounds above the ground, the trees were even set/planted very crooked and talked to Jason about my concerns. He said they have a 1 year warranty and we would replace them if they started dying. Less than a year later I showed him they were dying and he said he would replace them. I also had a very large boulder retaining wall put in place by his company and at that time I showed him it was falling down. Big boulders stacked on small boulders. I have small kids and it’s right below my patio and there ledgestone steps through it. I am terrified to have them go near it. There are many other problems like trees and bushes that were dead before the 1 year warranty and he would not replace them. Stay away from this companyDan T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful paver installer articles
A gravel driveway is an affordable option that adds texture to any homefront. But if your path has become more dust than stone, it may be time for some general upkeep. Keep dirt at bay with these simple tips for reducing dust from your gravel driveway.
Gravel driveways are an attractive, affordable alternative to asphalt or cement. But making sure it looks its best year-round requires regular maintenance. Check out these six tips and tricks for maintaining your gravel driveway.
Find stone & gravel companies in
stone & gravel companies in Grand Rapids
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 'Sno Problem! Landscaping Services6691 Boca Vista Drive 102
- 'Sno Problem! Landscaping Services
- New Life Arboricultural Services1917 Hutchinson Ave SE
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- New Life Arboricultural Services