Live green and save cash: Conserving water, composting and using fewer harsh household chemicals not only helps planet Earth – it’s good for your septic tank.
Get matched with top septic system services in Detroit, MI
There are 15 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Detroit
- HARTLAND SEPTIC SVCI personally do not leave many reviews but their speed of service as well as friendly nature across all employees I was in contact with was truly superb. Cost was also extremely reasonably. I highly recommended
- Cumming's Plumbing Inc.I called Cummings in the morning and they were able to fit me in. We could not use our toilets and one had backed up. Anthony and Brandon called first before arriving. They were very professional and thorough. They went above and beyond to solve our problem and were able to fix it. Thank you.
- Cregger Plumbing, Heating & CoolingRepairman came exactly as scheduled and did the job in a fast and professional manner. I have used Cregger in the past and will use them again when I need plumbing service. The pricing seems fair for the work done and they have provided excellent service. I used the Angie's List coupon so out of pocket expenses were $300
- Cregger Plumbing, Heating & CoolingMy water heater quit working on Sunday and by Monday evening I had the old one removed and a new one installed, thanks to Cregger Plumbing. I originally put in a request with Home Depot for same day service, but after they quoted me 1300 dollars to install a 600 dollar water heater I had to decline. So I purchased a big deal via Angie's List and received a phone call from Cregger not more than an hour later to schedule my water heater installation. Thankfully, they were able to add me on that day around 5pm. The technician, Kevin Jacobs, arrived on time and had the old one out and the new one installed in a little over one hour. He took care not to make a mess or damage the walls when transporting the tanks up and down the basement stairs. No leaks, no issues a week and a half later, very satisfied with the on site service, and office staff of Cregger Plumbing. Thank you for a job well done
- BOB'S SANITATIONWe have used this company the last 3 times. We called today in a panic needed it pumped and they came right out ..I will continue to use this company. Highly recommend.
- D & J Septic Services IncExcellent. Received a call back very promptly and appointment was set up quickly due to my concern re: shower drainage slowing. Danielle (the technician) was excellent -- dug 3' deep (twice)bholes to localize the openings, explained what she was doing and how the system worked. Great attitude and work ethic. Sounds like a great small company. I highly recommend them. Spent $455 - well worth it
- Bowen's Septic & Environmental ServicesInformative during the quoting phase, efficient work, friendly and knowledgeable technicians, communicated very well including a text reminder of the appointment and the technician called as he was on his way.
- Cumming's Plumbing Inc.Our water heater was 20 years old and it was time for a new one. Cumming Plumbing scheduled me quickly. The day of installation they were running about 30 minutes late because of the customer before me but they had the courtesy to call me and let me know. Then they called on their way over, which I always appreciate. They removed our old 40 gallon tank and replaced it with a 50 gallon tank and a new CO vent in less than 2 hours. Brad is a very focused professional, knowledgable, and did a great job. He got right to work and didn't waste time. He was courteous and kept our wood floors covered so as not to damage them during transport of the water heater. There was no mess for me to clean up in the basement...just a new shiny water heater
- Cumming's Plumbing Inc.Dan, the service person, was very efficient, professional and courteous, and did very good work. Thank you to Dan and Cumming Plumbing whom I highly recommend
- Home Inspection ProfessionalsIt went very well. Benny was very professional and helpful with tips on fixing minor repairs that may be needed. I would definitely work with him and this company again.
Last update on June 9, 2022
Septic Service Contractors in Detroit, MI
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank service articles
The Indianapolis Department of Public Works launched the Septic Tank Elimination Program to convert Indianapolis homes with a septic tank to city sewer.
An septic tank expert gives Angie's List tips to keep yours operating smoothly.
Find septic tank services in
- River Rouge,
- Highland Park,
- Lincoln Park,
- Allen Park,
- Dearborn Heights,
- Hazel Park,
- Pleasant Ridge,
- Oak Park,
- Huntington Woods,
- Center Line,
- Garden City,
- Grosse Pointe Park,
- Royal Oak,
- Madison Heights
Septic Tank Contractors in Detroit, MI
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup422 W Congress st Ste 330
Detroit, Michigan 48226
- Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Water Cleanup
- A&J Excavating8550 EATON Rd
DAVISBURG, Michigan 48350
- ABC Bees Wasps & Spiders8061 Marsh Rd
Algonac, Michigan 48001
- All Around 24/7 Plumbing & Heating2220 Queen St.
Dearborn, Michigan 48124
- Allied Plumbing & Sewer27625 Romine Rd
New Boston, Michigan 48164
- ATOMIC SEWER & DRAIN CLEANERSPO BOX 510087
Livonia, Michigan 48151
- A&J Excavating
- BOSS ENGINEERING3121 E GRAND RIVER
Howell, Michigan 48843
- BOSS ENGINEERING
- CAPOZZO & SONS EXCAVATING INC29191 DIVISION RD. Box 471
Richmond, Michigan 48062
- CMC Plumbing Heating & Cooling Sewer & Drain8419 E 9 Mile Rd
Warren, Michigan 48089
- Cregger Plumbing, Heating & Cooling2305 Goodrich St
Ferndale, Michigan 48220
- Cross Inspection Services8528 Royal Woods Dr
Clarkston, Michigan 48348
- Cumming's Plumbing Inc.1425 Goldsmith
Plymouth, Michigan 48170
- CAPOZZO & SONS EXCAVATING INC
- D & J Septic Services Inc11445 Chamberlain Dr
South Lyon, Michigan 48178
- DBC Company, Inc.46574 ERB DR
Macomb, Michigan 48042
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Diggit Contracting Inc8762 Harris Rd
Dexter, Michigan 48130
- Diversified Excavating LLC7810 Whittaker Rd
Ypsilanti, Michigan 48197
- Doran Excavating IncPO Box 141
Clarkston, Michigan 48347
- Drain Inspectors LLC22480 Milner St
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan 48081
- D & J Septic Services Inc
- FLETCHER INSPECTIONS LLC8991 AUSTIN RD
Saline, Michigan 48176
- FLETCHER INSPECTIONS LLC
- Inspectormike.com45090 Thornhill Ct
Canton, Michigan 48188
- Optimus Home Inspection LLC537 N Main
Chelsea, Michigan 48118
- Optimus Home Inspection LLC
- Universal Septic Services2158 Pine Bluffs Ct
Highland, Michigan 48357
- Universal Septic Services
Septic tank companies that service Detroit
Septic Tank Service FAQ
What are the signs your septic tank is full?
Answer: There are several signs that indicate your septic tank could be full. These include standing water over your septic tank, a strong odor coming from your yard, gurgling water, slow drains, or a sewage backup. While many of these signs could also be indicative of a clogged system, they should all be checked out by a professional ASAP to avoid costly damages. In the absence of any of these signs, it’s recommended that septic tanks be emptied every 3 to 5 years on average.
How often should a septic tank be serviced?
Answer: On average, septic tanks should be serviced every 3 to 5 years in the absence of any worrying signs that the tank is clogged or full. The size of your septic tank, the number of people living in your home, and your average water usage will all impact how often your septic tank needs to be serviced.
What are the most common causes of septic tank failure?
Answer: The most common cause of septic tank failure is improper maintenance. Failing to pump a septic tank on the appropriate schedule will cause septic tank failure and likely result in a costly septic tank repair or replacement. On average, septic tanks should be pumped every 3 to 5 years, but the size of your tank, the number of people in your home, and your average water usage may shorten or extend this timeframe.
How much does it cost to pump a septic tank?
Answer: The cost to pump a septic tank is $400 on average or about $0.30 per gallon. The size of your septic tank, as well as local labor costs, will impact the cost of pumping your septic tank. Most septic tanks are between 600 and 2,000 gallons in size, meaning the average cost range is between $180 to $600.
How much does it cost to install a septic system?
Answer: The cost to install a septic tank system is between $3,060 and $9,810, on average. The size of the septic tank you choose, the land you’re installing it on, the type of system you choose, and local labor costs will all influence the total cost of installing a septic system. Anaerobic septic tanks (those that don’t need oxygen) typically cost between $3,000 and $8,000. Aerobic systems, which utilize oxygen to activate bacteria and are popular on smaller properties, usually cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
How long does a septic system last?
Answer: When septic systems are well maintained, they can last up to 30 years or more. If a septic system isn’t properly maintained, such as when it isn’t pumped regularly, it may malfunction and require costly repairs or a premature replacement. In general, septic tank pumping is recommended every 3 to 5 years to ensure the septic system lasts as long as possible.