The typical cost to install attic insulation is $1,700 to $2,100
Matching on Angi
Insulation Contractor Reviews Near You
Insulation Installers Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Insulation Companies project in Ashburn, VA
Similar to Insulation Installers
Why hire an insulation contractor?
While insulation may be done as a DIY project, hiring a professional is always a better choice. They have the experience and expertise to inspect your home and analyze areas where insulation is most needed.
Insulation contractors will also check the home for any existing air leaks so they can seal them prior to adding an insulation barrier. In addition, they offer critical advice regarding the best insulation material to use for your home.
How much will insulation installers near me charge?
Most homeowners spend between $3,500 to $4,500 to insulate their entire home.
This cost is often lower if only specific areas need insulation (such as the roof or the basement). Some common areas of the home requiring insulation include:
- The attic ($1,700-$2,000 for a 1,200 square foot attic)
- Exterior walls ($3,000-$7,000)
- Cathedral-type ceilings ($360- $720)
- Basement ($1,200-$1,800)
What factors should I consider? What about labor?
Cost will depend on the amount of labor required during installation. Labor costs often lie between $0.95 to $2 per square foot. In addition, the materials required for insulation may also add to your final cost. There are several methods through which insulation can be done.
- Spray foam: this involves insulation foam being applied directly to surfaces of interest using a spray gun.
- Foam board: consists of caulking and furring stripes being applied on walls using an adhesive.
- Loose fill insulation: this method uses a machine that applies fiberglass, cellulose, and mineral insulating materials on surfaces of interest.
- Blankets: involves using batt and rolls to place and staple the insulating material on specific surfaces.
Insulation contractors will play an important role in advising on which type of insulation to use. Make sure you work with a licensed and experienced professional who provides transparent pricing.