Sometimes it’s better to start fresh with a new garage and that starts with tearing down the old one. Using this guide, you’ll learn how the cost to tear down a garage depends on a few key factors like square footage and safety precautions.
Get matched with top garage builders in Union, WV
There are 3 highly-rated local garage builders.
Recent Garage Building Reviews in Union
- Dollman Construction, IncWhen we decided to purchase a highly compartmentalized 1931 historic home in South Roanoke, we knew we had to do some major renovations to make it livable to our modern standards, including a full kitchen remodel (which required removal of a load-bearing wall and kitchen design) and master bathroom remodel, along with some other upgrades. As we were unable to get personal recommendations on who could work with us since we were new to the area, I went on Angie's List and found Dollman Construction and liked what I read. I met with Jimmy, the owner, and I knew rather quickly that he was the one for the job. His wealth of knowledge and experience doing renovations were confidence-building. I also appreciated that when we first spoke on the phone he thoroughly answered all of my questions and also did not seem to have an issue with the fact that I am a woman (unfortunately, I still run into men who speak down to me from time to time when organizing such things). Jimmy designed our kitchen and bathroom and worked with us throughout the process, which was vast, multi-stepped and new to us. He also was very clear from the get-go about reasonable time frames, what could speed up or slow down this process (which included demolition), and answered our questions as they arose. Once we went through the process of his kitchen design, we spent a morning reviewing the scope of work and eventually memorialized it in detail with an easy-to-understand comprehensive contract. I had confidence that Jimmy and his crew would do all this extensive work correctly, especially the removal of the load-bearing wall and putting in a custom designed steel beam to hold up the remaining wall. His crew also replaced all the windows with energy efficient windows that were made to look exactly like the original ones thereby keeping the historic nature of the house intact; widened the opening between the kitchen and dining room which greatly increases the flow of the house; recommended an interior designer to help me with with selections on colors and fixtures, etc., and she was awesome and worth her weight in gold; and a few other extraneous add-ons. We also enjoyed getting to know the project managers for our house, Rob and his Dad. We have been very pleased with the outcome of all of the work done. Friends and family have been amazed at how good all of these renovations and improvements look. Jimmy has been good for his word throughout the process. I could tell when I first met him that he takes pride in the quality of his work and for this reason I wanted to do business with him - I knew he would do a fine job. My instincts were spot on and we have no regrets with our decision to go with Dollman Construction
- Dollman Construction, IncDollman Construction completely transformed my basement. They work included an office, complete entertainment area and a bathroom. They did such a great job that when I have company over, they want to be entertained in my basement. They were punctual. Mr. Dollman gave me suggestion on how to utilize all of my space and I was glad I listened to his suggestions and implmented them. The staff is very courteous and cleaned up all the debris before leaving
- ANCHOR SALES & SVC INCWhen I first went there they did not have the size that I wanted but they ordered the size I told them that I needed. They even delivered it and set it up for me.
- Shelter Alternatives, Inc.We discussed specifics but I thought they're a little high on the price. We're still considering them for work in the future.
- Chad Smith Builder IncChad is so good to work with. He listened to what I wanted (I know what I want, I just don't know if what I want is possible from a construction standpoint), made suggestions, and built a screen porch exactly the way I wanted it. He is honest and dependable. Plan to use him for any remodeling or repair projects I have in the future
- Dollman Construction, IncEverything went extremely well and I will use his company in the future for all my home improvement needs.
- JM Campbell, Inc.Showed up exactly when expected. Cost was same as estimate. Price to rebuild shed was fair and reasonable, sent in writing, and outlined in detail the work to be done, materials used, dimensions, etc. I have not gone forward with that project yet, however.
- Dollman Construction, IncI STRONGLY recommend Dollman Construction without hesitation. I have used Dollman Construction on 3 separate occassions and each time their finished product and high quality workmanship exceeded my expectations. Project #1: 900 sq foot free standing Workshop. Dollman studied the architect's plans; made several very positive recommendations; and completed the workshop sooner than expected and well within budget. Project #2: 15 x 6 deck. Dollman designed and built the deck while overcoming the obstacle of making it "zero threshold" at the door way while matching up the far end of the deck with the back patio which was slightly higher elevation. The finished deck has a very, very slight slope which can not be seen nor felt. Project #3: Removed original exterior structural beams with solid cedar beams in the rear of home. Jimmy Dollman measured, designed layout of beams and purchased the solid cedar beams after researching a number of sources. The Dollman Construction Team completed the project within 10 days and the final result is beautiful work of craftsmanship and art. With each of the above projects they were faced with complex construction challenges to which they easily developed solutions which were incorporated into the final product. I appreciated Jimmy's honest and straight-forward communication style. Jimmy always listened to my visions and expectations for each of the above projects. I am extremely happy with the work provided by Dollman Construction and will have them back to my home in a heartbeat to tackle the next home project
- G C Construction LLCGC Construction LLC did a great job. The quality is great and it is very sturdy. The whole experience went well. I would use them again in the future.
- Keefer Building ServicesOverall it went very well, on time and for the estimated amount and the work was first rate. I highly recommend Keefer services
Garage Builders in Union
- Business Description:Strong building and remodeling company with 30+ years of experience in the industry. Our customers satisfaction is our goal. We are owner operated by the same people who build for you. We are safety oriented and look forward to building for you. Licenses include: Class A RBC, Class A CBC, Class A EMC, Registered Land Disturber. When contacting our office for an estimate, please remember we have a high call volume and you will be answered in order it is received! Thank you very much, Jackson &..Recent Review:Work was generally of high quality with some minor painting issues. Arthur Jackson did an excellent job of analyzing problems unique to the house and proposing and implementing effective solutions. Floor replacement and refinishing work was particularly well doneScott S.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Full Service Landscaping company. Turfgrass, Commercial Herbicide license, Hardscape and softscape. Specialize in Commercial and ResidentialRecent Review:Did a great job and made sure I was happy with everything. Would use them again when I need help.Marty F.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:Self employed handy man
- Business Description:Aqua Pros is Central and Southwest Virginias Lifestyle Enhancing Company Aqua Pros specializes in the sale, delivery, installation, and service of lifestyle improving products.
- Business Description:Schall Construction is Southwest Virginia's leading construction company. With over 20 years of experienced craftsmanship, and 100% customer satisfaction, we offer competitive prices, and specialization in building and remodeling
- Business Description:hello my name is morris campbell,owner of j.m.campbell inc.i,m a small company with two employes,myself and a helper.i,m a class a contractor and have insurance.i,ve been remodeling houses full time for 12 years.Satisfaction gurantedRecent Review:See above. No knowledge of this contractorSusan S.
- Business Description:May contact through email.Recent Review:Quality of work is poor and much has to be redone. Not sure if the work is shoddy because he walked out of the job and never returned to finish, or if he just does shoddy work as his method of operation. Some of the project was never even begun before he walked out on the job. Jerry told me he had to go to N. Carolina to do a "Jerusuleum" tile job, and never returned. However, everytime he hit me up for payment, whether it was the hr. rate ripoff, or at the point where payment was due, I always paid him the amt. he demanded on the same day requested. He walked off the job w/o completing the project and left a good amt. of work to be finished, although by this time I owed him very little money. Another warning, do not pay more than 1/3 up front, otherwise you're likely to end up in the same bind as me.Yet, he had no respect for how his erractic schedule negatively impacted & inconvienced me. He's all about self, whether it's buying him lunch, a hammock, carpet, & whatever else he can beat out of you. I would not recommend commissioning this co. to perform work on your home for any reason.There is a local tile store owned by an Italian family. Jerry called them "WAPS."I had Real Deal perform a small job previously, which was to install crown moulding on the first level. At no time prior to installation was I informed it would need to be re-caulked every year. Had I been told this, I likely would not have had it installed. Jerry informed me the incorrect kind of caulk was used, hence the cracking. <br /> <br /> I keep cases of bottled water in my garage. Jerry is an avid water drinker. I offered him some of the water. Social graces & polite equitte would have dictated he take no more than 2-3 bottles a day. Jerry practically cleaned me out in no time flat, & gave me every opportunity via directed & specific hints that he wanted more water. By this time, I decided to start buying gallon jugs, which isn't what he wanted. Adter twisting my arm to buy him water, to no avail, he said something to the effect of, "I guess I'll have to go buy water on my way over tomorrow. " By now, it's clear the type of person I'm dealing with so I say, "Yes, I guess you will." In my opinion, once he tags you as being a free hearted person, he's going to get all he can from you, yet, he's quick to say he's not finishing a project to specifications because he underestimated the amt. of material, and he wants you to pay him separately by the hour (plus go back & buy the additional material), above & beyond the original contractual agreeement, in order to get the job you originally contracted for. <br /> <br /> There were several places in the garage that were sloppy, obvious & in need of correction. Jerry acknowledged they needed attention. He told me I paid for only two (or however many) coats of mud, so he was satisfied to leave it flawed as it was. H'owner's are entitled to a proper job regardless the number of "coats" it takes, or whatever the case may be. He had the obligation to, in this particular instance, paint the ceiling properly. I don't know anything about how many coats of mud a ceiling requires, all I know is that I wanted it painted properly, but he was satisfied to walk away & leave it unslightly because "you paid for only two coats of mud." As the contractor, it is his responsibility to give me a quote that is sufficient to give me a quality job. This goes to his quality of workmanship, which means that you not only have to check behind everything, but that you likely have to engage in a debate as to how much more money it will cost to have the job done correctly because he's not applying the extra coat(s) for free because it's the right thing to do. Such costs should be built into the project, but not with Jerry. It has been my experience, that he will jump into your pocket every opportunity ("you should buy me lunch"),etc., and you're stuck because you want the job completed correctly. This is yet another way the cost of the job escalates once you're already stuck in a contract. Any reasonable h'owner. would expect that the, in this case, ceiling, would be painted responsibly whether it took half a "coat of mud" or five "coats." This is how the h'owner. is ripped off because Jerry then wants you to double back & pay him additional "for my time" for a job that should have been done correctly the first time. But for him to take the approach "you only paid for two coats of mud" is arrogant when what I actually paid for is for him to do it right the first time. Again...he acknowledged it needed at least one more coat; to his own admission he saw the imperfections. Nobody wants a half job. We work just as hard for our money as he does, and just as he wouldn't want anyone performing sloppy work on his behalf, we deserve quality as well. Between the hourly fee he calculates, & schemes such as the above, it's easy to spend quadruple the amount originally agreed upon, but by this time, you're between a rock & a hard place. My advice...don't start climbing the rock to begin with. Look someplace else. <br /> <br /> Jerry knows that I take my relationship with God and the church I attend seriously. When he leanred I contacted the BBB, he left a message on my v/m threatening, "I'll show up at your church, and we'll sit down and talk to the pastor." He went for the one thing he knows I cherish, and that's the above stated relationships. And for him to say "I'll show up" that's quasi threatening and intimidating. He was attempting to strong arm me into doing what he wanted me to do by threatening to go to an individual he perceived as an authority in my mind, the threat of which was supposed to cause me to change course. That in itself is unscrupulous and under-handed. I was offended that he would use these sanctities against me to manipulate my behavior into what he wanted to see happen. He hadn't even spoken with me, yet this was the msg. he left on my v.m. before ever talking the matter out with me. It's almost as though he was trying to inspire fear in me to act in accordance with how he wanted me to respond. <br /Marcelle C.
- Business Description:We are a construction company that specializes in custom agricultural, commercial, equestrian, and residential pole buildings.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful garage builder articles
If you’ve ever wondered what precisely a pole barn is, you’re about to find out. Not many know the advantages and disadvantages to the cost, construction style, and flexibility of building one on your own or hiring a contractor for the job.
The garage floor supports your vehicle in your home, so when it starts to crack or stain, it’s something you’ll want to address ASAP. Using this guide, you’ll learn about how the cost to replace a garage floor depends on a few key factors.
Find garage builders in
- White Sulphur Springs
- Rich Creek
- New Castle
- Glen Lyn
garage builders in Union
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A-Z Contractors1810 Lawnhill St SW
- All Masonry, J & B Enterprises of Roanoke, LLC.720 Rorer Ave. SW
- Appalachian Construction & Maintenance LLC480 Independence Blvd
- Aqua Pros Pools and Spas, Inc.1015 Apperson Dr
- Ascension Builders Inc811 Country Meadows Way
- A-Z Contractors
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)PO Box 478
- Benjamin Bear Associates / O.L. TURNER & Sons Inc.P.O. Box 20276 Roanoke VA
- Boothe Construction Co2728 Dell Ave. N.E.
- Brookview Construction LLCPO Box 116
- BayWatch Development Corporation (B D C)
- Deels Handyman Services LLC3735 Franklin rd. S.W.
- Deels Handyman Services LLC
- Haynes Building & Pump Service125 North Main STREET # 500- 252
- Haynes Building & Pump Service
- Linenfelser Contracting Inc.5259 Aviation Dr.
- Linenfelser Contracting Inc.