Even new, high-quality windows can allow noise pollution to enter your home if not correctly installed. Here’s what you need to know about why your new windows are letting in more noise and what you can do to fix the problem.
Get matched with top window treatment in Charlottesville, VA
There are 8 highly-rated local window treatment.
Recent Window Treatment Reviews in Charlottesville
- Gotcha Covered of CharlottesvilleGotcha Covered was quick to respond, very professional and knowledgeable, and we love our new shades.
- Blounts Home ImprovementsWhen I initially contacted the company they promised to come out and look over the job. They showed up on the date and time promised and provided an estimate within one week. The contractor was always available to answer questions and make changes. They started the project on time and worked long hours to get the job done. They were very flexible when something set the schedule back (removing trees not originally scheduled for removal, weather, design changes) and the contractor always returned phone calls and email. Instead of choosing materials all at the start of the project, he recommended as we got closer to the area being finished that I decide what tiles, stain, carpeting, etc. and it worked great because as things were completed my original idea sometimes didn't work as well as I thought it would. The finished product was, and is, very pleasing. The contractor hauled any and all of the debris and excess materials as they progressed, keeping the property looking neat throughout the project build. When the build and remodel was completed, the contractor cleaned everything to include ensuring all the grouting was neat and tidy, deck was washed of dust and debris and the sunroom was vacuumed and dusted of all wood dust. The final walk thru of the completed project was professional and any items not finished to my satisfaction were redone. Over-all it was pleasant and rewarding remodeling
- Morris Paint & Floor Covering, IncExcellent product and Service. Their service person, Matthew Ashworth, was professional, responsive, and helpful throughout the process. We bought and had installed window treatment in our whole house. I would definitely use them again. Good Company.
- Sunrise ShuttersSee above. Jamie came and provided some outstanding options. Three weeks later he returned to install the new shades. We couldn't be happier with the product.
- Shenandoah ShuttersThe gentleman arrived at our home on time . Was very professional and went about installing the beautiful shutters in the house. Impressed with how efficiently he went about and did the installation of the shutters and cleaned up afterwards. Also it didn't seem to take very long at all . I have used them before and that is why we wanted them to install shutters again. Their product is wonderful , made right on site and you do not see any hardware on the outside like other shutters. I also like that they are made here in Richmond ,VA. and the product is guaranteed. I would definitely recommend them
- Precision InstallationsThe new shutters look great. Garry did a great job, was punctual, kept me informed about the ordering process, and was extremely clean during installation. He also advised me on best positioning for the shutters. I originally wanted an inside mount, but he suggested an outside mount so that I could keep my ability to tilt the windows in for cleaning. If I had gone with the inside mount as I had planned, I would have had to remove the shutters every time I needed to clean the window. It was great advice. Also, Garry's price was less than the other quotes I had received (both local and mail-order)
- Shutter ProGood deal. On time, very informative, good recommendations, price seemed reasonable. Use him again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend
- LOWE'SThey did a very good job and of course I researched the water heater and I have been pretty happy with it. They were good in being responsive and punctual. They subcontracted the job of installing the water heater but I don't remember whom they used. Generally, they don't have people to install things directly and they generally sub contract it to somebody else from a list of companies they have, that they give the installing contract to. They did a really good job but I had one shade that was wrinkled and I really didn't think they were going to do anything about it, they offered labor, but that was too late. They didn't have any control over the price, it was a higher end price and I don't remember us getting a discount on it, I guess the price was okay
Window Treatment Services in Charlottesville
- Business Description:Gotcha Covered of Charlottesville is solely owned by Debbie Culp solely. Does not offer financing. Will provide a free consultation, requires a 50% down payment at the time of purchase and balance due at the time of installationRecent Review:Excellent products and customer service.Bobbye C.
- Business Description:Shenandoah Shutters began serving the Richmond, VA area in 1990. As demand for our product grew, so did our service area. In the late 1990’s we began providing shutters to the Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland area. In 2003 we branched towards the beach area, servicing Virginia Beach, Tidewater and Hampton Roads. Currently our shutters cover the entire states of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC, and Northern North Carolina. 13 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by ..Recent Review:The rep. that came out for the initial visit was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Once we decided to have the work done, the rep. came back with the shutter builder to make she the measurements she recorded were accurate. We were surprised how quickly the shutters were made. Less time than quoted. The two men that installed the shutters were profession, clean, skilled, polite and gave clear directions as to the use/care of our new shutters. A wonderful experience. Will definitely use them again and recommend them to family and friendsCraig M.
- Business Description:Homefix Custom Remodeling has been serving Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, North Carolina and Washington D.C. homeowners since 1990, offering a variety of services that improve the exterior appearance, value and energy efficiency of homes like yours. Our customers enjoy fast installation times, excellent customer service, and a variety of top of the line products that will reduce your home energy usage, improve insulation from outside temperature and noise, and instantly increase ..Recent Review:Team was on time and installed 23 windows in 1 day. Work was done correctly and I would highly recommended to my neighbors to use.David M.
- Business Description:Alvarez Painting offers the highest level of professional and top quality workmanship. Our dedicated employees and their years of experience ensure that we do the job right from start to finish. The owner is on the job and communicates with our customers. We are detailed orientated and meticulous in our daily clean up. Alvarez Painting has built our business on referrals and are customer first focused. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to working with youRecent Review:Erik and his crew did a great job painting the interior of my house, and of drywall and ceiling repairs. He worked closely with the handyman making some other repairs to my house over a week-long project, and everything looks fantastic. He is reliable and responded quickly when I emailed him with a question a few days after the job was completed. I will absolutely hire Erik for any additional painting I need done in the futureDea M.
- Business Description:GlobalWorks PM offers privacy shades, grass-woven roman shades, transitional shades and Solar Shades. We are competitivelys priced and offer a large selction of fabrics. We are an owner operator small company. Owner has much experience in window treatments in both raw materials and finished productsRecent Review:It was excellent. They were professional, on time, they did the job very well, they knew what they were doing and they cleaned up after work.Irfan A.
- Business Description:With over 40+ years of serving the homeowners throughout Richmond and Central Virginia, we’re proud to call Lonestar Siding & Windows our family business. Since 1978, we’ve developed the reputation as one of the most trusted siding and window replacement contractors in Richmond. Our commitment to our customers goes far above and beyond what’s required, and that’s why we get so many referrals and repeat business opportunities. We tirelessly focus on the quality of our exterior installation and..Recent Review:Very well. We were informed on a regular basis when the work would start and when the supplies dumpster and other items would arrive. Once everything arrived, the Lonestar staff began the process of removing the old siding and replacing it with the new siding. Partly through the process, the new storm doors were installed. All of this took about 10 days. The staff were very attentive to detail and really took pride in their work. Finally, the new gutters were installed. All in all, a job well doneGERALD M.
- Business Description:Sunrise Shutters was built on an intimate knowledge of the window treatment industry. We are committed to providing the highest quality products and delivering first-rate customer service,and invite you to experience the Sunrise Shutters difference. We look forward to servicing your window treatment needsRecent Review:We planned this before the quarantine hit but the measuring and installation was done during it. Workers were very respectful with distancing and masks. I absolutely love my new blinds. They are so easy to raise and lower with just a touch of my hand. If you’ve ever struggled with cords on blinds before you’ll know what I mean. For an extra $10 they each have a cornice which finishes off the look. I am now proud to walk into my rooms instead of cringing. Jamie is very easy and professional to work with. We love them so much we called him back this month to measure our bedroom windows. This was even my husband’s idea! It’s usually hard to get him to spend money but he was very pleased with the price and the value. I’m so excited about getting these beautiful blinds for our bedroom tooKathleen R.
- Business Description:Retractableawnings.com is a RETRACTABLE awning industry expert hired by Architects, Landscape Architects, Exterior/Interior Designers and Contractors worldwide on a consulting basis. Retractableawnings.com is a specialty fabricator, distributor & installer of all types of exterior RETRACTABLE sun, rain, wind, bug & snow protection systems including but not limited to: ≡ Retractable folding lateral arm awnings ≡ Retractable patio and deck pergola cover systems ≡ Retractable vertical drop arm a..Recent Review:1 response ,,, waited a month for a visit and quote. Would not give a discount on price for disabled Vet, or Senior .......... Contacted 2 others.. No response.2,Jamie K.
- Business Description:The Window Man is a family owned and operated business serving the DC Metropolitan Area, Northern Virginia and parts of Maryland for 30 years. Known as "The Educational Window Company", due to our business philosophy of, "We Educate, You Decide. We don't believe in high-pressure sales pitches or pricing gimmicks. We carry many brands and materials, yes. But our most popular replacement window (and for obvious reasons once you compare) is by far the Infinity from Marvin Ultrex Fiberglass repla..Recent Review:I contracted with the Window Man to replace our front door and sidelights. Cost was $11,400 of which I paid $6000 upfront, balance after installation. Door installed July 24, 2020. That afternoon I received a bill for the balance, which I paid July 28, and which was a terrible mistake. The same day I paid the balance, and just 4 days after installation, the door developed a terrible groan, so loud and unpleasant the door was unusable. I contacted Window Man via email- no response. A week later I emailed again. This time I received a response, and finally a team examined the door August 31, and yes, you have a problem. I offered to pay for the new hinges at my own expense. My only recourse now is litigation, naming both the Window Man and ProVia as defendants. We will install new windows in our home next spring, but we won't hire the Window Man. I recommend that hire another firm for work to your homeLouis P.
- Business Description:SelectBlinds.com is the most reviewed, highest rated online window blinds and shades store and we have the 200,000+ reviews to prove it. We offer custom-made window treatments that are competitively priced along with free shipping and a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. Visit our website or contact us for more informationRecent Review:None of the people that were recommended responded.Nancy P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful window treatment service articles
Estate shutters are extremely durable, energy-efficient window coverings that are optimal if you live in a warm climate. Here’s everything you need to know about their cost, materials, and benefits before you install them in your home.
Buying new or replacement windows is a big decision that affects several different aspects of life in your home. Follow this guide to keep track of everything you need to consider, from security to energy efficiency to installation.
Find window treatment in
- North Garden
- Free Union
- Lake Monticello
- Fork Union
window treatment in Charlottesville
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Charlottesville Glass & Mirror Co1428 East High St
- Charlottesville Glass & Mirror Co
- Eli home improvements PO Box 163
- Eli home improvements
- GlobalWorks PM11357 Nuckols Rd
Glen Allen, Virginia
- GlobalWorks PM
- Homefix Custom Remodeling9115 Whiskey Bottom Rd
- Homefix Custom Remodeling
- INTERIOR GUARDS WINDOW TINTING638 LOFSTRAND LN STE C
- INTERIOR GUARDS WINDOW TINTING
- Palace of Glass2340 Powell St, Suite 108
- Palace of Glass
- The Window Man3853-A Pickett Rd
- The Window Man
- YOUR ART & DECOR5710 Ogeechee Rd 200-276
- YOUR ART & DECOR