Shenandoah Shutters

Founded 1990 • With Angi since November 2005

2800 Cofer Rd

Richmond, VA 23224

Shenandoah Shutters began serving the Richmond, VA area in 1990. As demand for our product grew, so did our service area. In the late 1990’s we began providing shutters to the Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland area. In 2003 we branched towards the beach area, servicing Virginia Beach, Tidewater and Hampton Roads. Currently our shutters cover the entire states of Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, Washington DC, and Northern North Carolina. 13 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. Travel charges may apply....

11/14/2021

Amy M.

Shenandoah Shutters is excellent! Amy came to our home for a consultation and discussed the various options. She was very professional, thorough, and attentive to our unique needs. The company communicated with us on every step of the process and the custom shutters were ready earlier than expected. The shutters are gorgeous! Incredible custom craftsmanship and excellent quality. We are very happy with the work and highly recommend Shenandoah Shutters!

Description of Work
Installation of plantation shutters in master bedroom

09/21/2021

Craig M.

The rep. that came out for the initial visit was knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. Once we decided to have the work done, the rep. came back with the shutter builder to make she the measurements she recorded were accurate. We were surprised how quickly the shutters were made. Less time than quoted. The two men that installed the shutters were profession, clean, skilled, polite and gave clear directions as to the use/care of our new shutters. A wonderful experience. Will definitely use them again and recommend them to family and friends.

Description of Work
Installed wooden colonial shutters

Category window treatments

We are glad to hear that your experiences with our sales representative and installers were "wonderful". Thank you for writing such a glowing review. We appreciate your business.

04/22/2021

Analisa W.

Shenandoah Shutters is a top notch company. From the sales rep, to the installers, to the final payment, everyone did their dob well and everything went smoothly.

Description of Work
Interior window shutters

Category remodeling, window treatments

Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time to write the wonderful review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your shutters.

04/07/2021

Kadie B.

I am so impressed with the level of service provided. From the initial quote to installation, the process was seamless. Everyone was extremely professional and the product looks beautiful. I appreciated how knowledgeable Amy was during the estimation process. She provided excellent recommendations with no pressure of buying. The two gentleman doing the install were extremely professional and efficient. Would definitely recommend Shenandoah Shutters to friends.

Description of Work
Plantation Shutters

Category remodeling, window treatments

Thank you very much for the glowing review. We are glad to learn that you are pleased with your shutters as well as the service our team provided. Thank you for taking the time to write the review!

12/24/2019

Joan O.

We are very happy with the quality of service we received and extremely pleased with the quality of the shutters they installed. Marcia, the salesperson who came to take the measurements, was absolutely wonderful! She took great care in describing the product and was meticulous in measuring our windows. Additionally, since she was familiar with the area, she spent some time telling us about some of the places we might like to visit and answering questions I had about other places to get services for things we felt we needed. It’s the personal touches like this that go a long way in making people feel comfortable with a service provided.

Description of Work
We recently purchased a new home and arranged with Shenandoah Shutters to install plantation shutters on all of the windows.

Category window treatments

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy and excited to hear that you are so pleased with your shutters. Again, thank you for taking the time to write the review.

07/13/2019

Julie K.

I am impressed by the level of professionalism by Shenandoah Shutters. From start to finish in all interactions I was treated well. The product is an outstanding quality. They look perfect. Marcia who sold the product to Jodi that managed the order to Edward and Emin that installed, they were just wonderful. I felt valued as a customer and loved all the special touches they do for the customer. Probably the best company I have ever dealt with.

Description of Work
Shutter Purchase & Installation

Category window treatments

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your shutters and the service you received. Again, thank you for your review!

04/05/2019

Jewel R.

We were so impressed with your company’s representative Marcia! I can’t say enough about our whole experience from Marcia, Jodi your Customer Service Manager to the installers. A great company to do business with. I would recommend them to friends and family. Thank you for the gift of Virginia Peanut Nuts from the Virginia Diner.

Description of Work
New Plantation shutters

Category window treatments

We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your new shutters and the service our staff provided. Thank you very much for taking to time to write such a thoughtful review!

03/26/2019

David B.

It went very well, we had used Shenandoah Shutters previously and decided to get the rest of our house done - received excellent service from Amy who provided us with a very reasonable quote, and then the work was completed a few weeks later as planned. The team that fitted the shutters were excellent, professional and courteous throughout, and the finish on our new shutters is excellent. I would highly recommend Shenandoah Shutters for anyone looking for high quality, professional grade, plantation shutters.

Description of Work
Installation of plantation shutters in our home

Category remodeling, window treatments

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you are pleased with the quality of your shutters and the service you received. We appreciate your recommendation!

03/23/2019

Jeffrey B.

We have purchased shutters from Shenandoah Shutters before and we were, once again, very pleased with the ease of purchase and installation. The shutter look fantastic! The quality is impressive and we highly recommend these beautiful shutters.

Description of Work
Purchased shutters for bedrooms

Category remodeling, window treatments

We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your new shutters. Thank you very much for the wonderful review.

03/23/2019

Jeffrey B.

The quality of these shutters is outstanding. The shutters are durable and have a classic look. Customer service is wonderful. We highly recommend these shutters. We are repeat customers.

Description of Work
Custom shutters for windows

Category window treatments

We are so happy that you are pleased with your shutters! Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review!

03/04/2019

Mary P.

Amy Gordon was terrific. Her eye for color and size needed for windows were spot on. The installation was perfect and no SNAFU's. I couldn't be more pleased with Shenandoah Shutters in general and Amy in particular

Description of Work
Plantation Shutters

Category window treatments

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with your shutters!

02/19/2019

Julie W.

I love my plantation shutters. Had them installed in my family, dining, living, bedroom and bath. They are beautiful. Amy was professional, a delight to work with and met all timelines. I met with three different shutter companies and decided to go with Shenandoah Shutters. Happy I paid the extra amount.

Description of Work
Installation of Shutters

Category window treatments

We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your shutters! Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review! We appreciate your business.

02/18/2019

Lori S.

Beautiful Shutters, Beautifully Made I recently purchased Shenandoah Shutters for a small project to "check them out". Shenandoah exceeded my expectations. I am so impressed with the quality and especially love the features that are unique to Shenandoah; specifically the elegant profile, the concealed hinges and hidden tilt rods, and the incredible furniture quality lacquer finish. Most plantation shutters look like a box around the window. With its minimal profile and curved detail, Shenandoah's patented "Soft Edge" blends with the casing around the window eliminating the "box" look. Their shutters are hand-crafted locally in Richmond, VA using only American hardwoods. And...with their 100 year transferable warranty, they clearly stand by their product. As an interior designer, I recently priced plantations from both Shenandoah and one of the big box stores for a client and was shocked to find that the price of Shenandoah was only a few dollars higher than the other, while the quality was substantially better. Even with an untrained eye, my client agreed and opted for the Shenandoah. Amy Gordon, my sales consultant was a dream to work with. She took the measurements and after a few weeks...voilá...beautiful window treatments happened for both me and my clients. Bravo to Shenandoah Shutters for their thoughtful designs and impeccable workmanship and to Amy for her professionalism and support.

Description of Work
Manufacture and installation of Plantation shutters

Category window treatments

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review. We are so happy to hear that you and your client are happy with the quality of their new plantation shutters. We look forward to working with you in the future!

02/18/2019

Donna P.

The members of Shenandoah Shutters are extremely professional. The first contact came in and measure the windows that were to be done. The second contact was with the guys who installed the shutters. In and out and they look wonderful. Can't be more pleased with these shutters.

Description of Work
Plantation Shutters

Category window treatments

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are very pleased to hear that you are happy with your shutters!

09/11/2018

Terry N.

I found Shenandoah Shutters at a home show and was immediately struck by the quality of their plantation shutters. Everyone with whom I dealt was prompt, courteous, and very professional. The shutters are beautiful, fit the window perfectly, and are everything that I'd hoped for.

Description of Work
I had a very large window with a sunburst above it located in a very visible part of the home. I needed quality window coverings to complement the rest of the home.

Category window treatments

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We know you will enjoy your shutters for many years to come. Thank you for choosing Shenandoah Shutters.

02/13/2018

Kerri S.

Everything went very well! This was my second time using Shenandoah Shutters for plantation shutters. As with the last time, all appointments were made in a timely fashion and everyone arrived/delivered on schedule. Everyone encountered was friendly and professional. I'm very happy with my new shutters and have recommended them to friends several times. They are expensive but the quality and custom creation are much better than less expensive options I considered.

Description of Work
Plantation shutters built and installed.

Category window treatments

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate you! Enjoy your shutters! Have a great day!

11/16/2017

Donna P.

The installers showed up early and it only took them an hour and a half to do 8 windows.

Description of Work
I had 8 windows installed with shutters.

Category window treatments

Thank you so much for your review, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate you lots! Enjoy your shutters :)

07/28/2017

Carrie F.

As I said above, not cheap, but worth it. Also, not fast. These are custom made and can take weeks to months from order to install. But everything went so smoothly from beginning to end it was worth the wait. This company is a class act and I may have them back for a few more at some point. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
My mother-in-law hired Shenandoah Shutters to do custom plantation shutters for her elegant home, so when I wanted some for our home, which is a very different style, I called them for an estimate and some ideas. It was not cheap, but this is a high quality investment in your home. The shutters are custom made, in Virginia, and in our case, custom-stained to match our wood window frames, and will last for years. Many options for size, how to open, etc. Shenandoah Shutters does nothing else but plantation shutters - no other window coverings, so they are by far the experts. They are perfect for our home - for privacy, keeping out light and bright sun, etc.

Category window treatments

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate hearing from you and hope you continue to enjoy your shutters!

07/18/2017

Linda K.

The shutters are absolutely beautiful. They truly enhance all of the beautiful trim in our home, and we have phenomenal trim! The installers were on time, courteous and very professional. We have purchased from Shenandoah Shutters twice and would recommend them. The hidden hinge feature is what really sets these shutters apart from the competition. There really is no comparison!

Description of Work
Custom plantation shutters

Category window treatments

Thank you so much, [Member Name Removed]! We are so glad you love and appreciate our hidden hinge Softedge Shutters, as much as we do.

03/28/2017

Patricia L.

The process of working with Shenandoah Shutters is so easy. They are professional and punctual. After the measurements and choosing the perfect shutter, the installers arrive and carefully and meticulously install them. The shutters look fantastic and make the room look more polished. The quality is exceptional and well worth the cost. I definitely recommend this company.

Description of Work
I needed shutters to cover three double windows.

Category window treatments

I'm so sorry I somehow missed seeing this review. Thank you so much for taking time to review us. We sure appreciate you! Have a great [Member Information Removed]!

03/24/2017

Linda H.

I was very pleased and the job was handled very professionally from the signing of the contract to the installation. The installers were very friendly and efficient and conscientious. I am completely satisfied and would definitely recommend Shenandoah Shutters.

Description of Work
Installation of wooden shutters throughout house.

03/08/2017

Paula L.

From beginning to end, Shenandoah Shutters was professional and great to work with. Amy explained all of our (many) options, helped choose a perfect color, took all the precise window measurements, and gave us the exact price and timeline. Everything went very smoothly. When the installers arrived (on time), they were exceptionally efficient and kept the area spotless. The wood shutters (made in Virginia) are a wonderful quality and the hidden hinges are a real plus. Don't think we could be more pleased with either the service or the product.

Description of Work
Had cafe shutters made and installed for a medium-large kitchen bay window. The bay window had very little trim available to attach the shutters, but with precise measuring, the trim was built up and the shutters are perfect.

02/06/2017

Fraser C.

Shenandoah Shutters was a delight to do business with. From start to finish the staff was professional and knowledgeable and delivered great product.

Description of Work
I had shutters installed on our first floor windows.

02/03/2017

Thomas O.

Great job. Better price than competitor.

Description of Work
Plantation shutters thru out house.

03/22/2016

Vicki B.

I LOVE these shutters! The design is so clean. The patented hidden hinge (called a soft edge) is what drew me to this company to start with and the professionalism of the sales person (Amy) clinched the deal. The prices are very competitive - a tiny bit more than the Lowe's contractor (Graber brand) and much less than Next Day Blinds. I ordered the Shutters on 23 Feb and the install was 22 Mar. Excellent turn around time for custom shutters! The Installers showed up on time. They worked as a well oiled synchronized team. The entire process for the six windows, from the knock on the front door to the clean up and drive off, took just over a hour. They cleaned up after themselves and protected my hardwood floors. I would DEFINITELY recommend this company!

Description of Work
Installed six solid wood shutters. Single panel. Soft Edge. Hidden tilt rod. Top and Bottom louvers operate separately.

Category window treatments, home improvement stores