The Transitional Organizer

Founded 2013 • With Angi since September 2018

We understand how frustrating and stressful clutter can be, and know that downsizing or transition phases of life can be quite emotional. Let us help so you can focus on the more important things in life. We have the expertise and training to assist you with all aspects of organization, whether you need help in organizing your current home or home office, are moving to a new home, transitioning to a new stage of life, or just need to go through your kids’ clothes and toys that they have outgrown, we can help with it all. Our organizing packages are customized to your needs and can include paper shredding, dropping off donation items, as well as light cleaning and folding/putting away laundry in the areas of organization. We are also fluent in American Sign language....

Fairfax Transfer & Storage

Additional DBA - Fairfax Moving and Storage Inc.

Offers by Fairfax Transfer & Storage on Angi
Different Movers

We Provide the Best Moving Value for Your Budget (with our up-front and flat rate pricing, we have a move plan for every budget and need) An Efficient Moving Company (We'll arrive early and we'll stay until your move is finished) A Careful Move (We'll treat everything as though it was fragile) Our Moves are Always Fixed-Price (You can rest assured that there won't be any hidden costs or bad surprises)

Offers by Different Movers on Angi
Everybody's Mover

- We are the cheapest movers in the DMV AREA. - Only $99 for professional movers and Truck. "It's the lowest in town." - "No Gimmicks, No Upsell or Read Tape" When we developed the Everybody's Mover concept, our first thought was about how to remove stress levels from our customers. It's a fact that moving is one of the top three most stressful times in your life. A Small Size Move can be done for as little as $340.00. We have a 3-hour minimum. You pay a $85 down payment and $255.00 when the moving crew arrives. If you need more than the 3 hour minimum, our rates are only $85 per hour for the 2-man crew. Everybody's Mover specializes in safely packing and moving your belongings for local moves. Our unique Packing It™, Moving It™, Cleaning It™, Storing It™, and Junking It™ suite of professional moving services assists families and companies of all sizes in relocating during one of the most stressful times of your lives.

06/21/2019

I moved to Glenarden, Maryland in January 2017, contacted Raquel in March 2017, but did not move forward because my car, which I shipped from overseas, arrived in the US with mold. Raquel helped me find a company that could provide advice on how to move forward. Unfortunately, my car was totaled and due to unexpected expenses related to the car, I decided to organize my home on my own. Let me tell you that I looked at opened (but full) and unopened boxes for 2+ years because the thought of unpacking a 20+ year accumulation of belongings was so overwhelming and mentally exhausting. I reached out to Raquel again in March 2019. I wanted to clear out the boxes and really wanted my home to look nice and presentable, like a home should be. I also had family coming to visit in April 2019 and knew that I needed professional help because I truly didn’t know how to manage such a daunting task. After Raquel’s assessment of my needs, I signed up for the Full Service Platinum package for 4 days because I simply wanted to get it done. LISTEN! Raquel is a mastermind. She and her team transformed my 5-bedroom home in a matter of days and provided tips/techniques on how to maintain an organized home. Because of her services, I’m so happy, proud, and at ease to come into my organized home as I start my new life in the civilian sector (I retired from the military in May 2019). I really wish that I would have hired her two years ago because it truly is a great feeling to live in a clutter-free zone. During the process, she and her team found several camcorder tapes from 1999 in unopened boxes in the basement. I sent the camcorder tapes to a company, who converted the tapes to digital files. This meant so much to me, my family, and friends to see ourselves young again after 20 years. They were in tears. 🥰 None of this would have possible without the Transitional Organizer because my home would still be in disarray. Prior to Raquel’s assessment, I was putting a lot of pressure on myself, but Raquel didn’t make me feel ashamed in anyway when it came to organizing my home. She was very patient and walked me through the process. Lastly, the Transitional Organizer donated items, provided a donation receipt, recycled boxes and boxes of items, and put trash items on the curb for me. In fact, I didn’t have to lift a finger all thanks to the Transitional Organizer. 😁 Thanks Raquel!

Description of Work
Home organizing

Category home & garage organization

Thank you for taking the time to post such kind words. We appreciate you entrusting my team and I, as we were glad to have been of help getting your home organized the [Member Information Removed] that you needed each room/area to better function. We’re here for you whenever needed.

06/13/2019

Raquel and her team were VERY thorough and professional! I have been wanting to clean out and downsize for a couple of years but just could not get started. On top of that I have a very bad back, cannot lift any thing heavy or lean down to those bottom cabinets. I have a nice big hall closet that became a place to dump everything and close the door. Raquel and team were always on time (this was a 4 day operation). She took control and moved me along. In addition they carried out all of the trash, took all of the donations. This included electronics. I was so thrilled and happy with their work and it was totally worth every penny. I will recommend and would hire them back!

Description of Work
Clean out and reorganize my 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment.

Category home & garage organization

Thanks for the rave review. We appreciate the opportunity in providing professional organizing services to you in the Fairfax area. We’re so glad that you were thrilled with the turnout, as we were able to assist you with your downsizing and decluttering needs. We’re here for you when needed. All the best, Raquel

01/04/2019

Initial consultation went very well. The organization process can be very stressful - it's something you know you need to do, but find it hard to get it done. That's why working with TO was so worth it! They are helpful and encouraging and are willing to work at your level of comfort. What started as a one-time consultation has evolved into a lasting relationship. Whenever I get stuck or need help with a new project, I'm able to get the support/direction needed. It's great not having to build a new relationship with each new project. A major area for me was document retention and storage decisions. Over several sessions, TO was very helpful in helping me whittle down and dispose of tons of old documents, decreasing my "collection" by about 75%!

Description of Work
Organization, downsizing and decluttering of household (documents, clothing, housewares, bric-a-brac, etc.)

01/04/2019

We couldn't be happier with the work Raquel, the owner The Transitional Organizer did for us. Raquel came with a helper named Mary and we concentrated on and transformed the main living area of our single family home, where we spend 90% of our waking hours. We seperated into teams, myself and Raquel and my wife Sheryl and Mary, and ploughed through piles and piles of paper, boxes of things, the walk-in pantry, an overrun central island, dining room table and overstuffed kitchen drawers, separating things into keep, give away, file, shred, and throw away. Raquel and Mary kept us focused, on-task and motivated so we were able to efficiently organize and transform completely cluttered spaces into a much more spacious and flowing living area. In the end we'd identified and sorted over a dozen bags of throw away and give away stuff, and emptied our completely covered granite island top and dining room table, completely re-organized 75 square feet of shelving in our walk in pantry so it was divided into food categories, kitchen equipment, cooking books, paper goods, etc. And by the time we finished the large drawers in our kitchen island and the drawers that hold our pots, pans and bakeware under our cooktop and oven never looked better; goodbuy overstuffed drawers. We also significantly decluttered and reorganized the area between our island and the patio doors to our backyard, which was very important to us as it's where our darling 20 month old granddaughter Ruby plays when our daughter visits. We also tackled our countertops and credenza. It's surprising how much stuff accumulates after a lifetime but with the kids off on their own life journeys it's time for use to pear down and make some changes, and we couldn't be happier with the help and guidance Raquel and Mary provided. Highly recommended and will use again.

Description of Work
Decluttering and Organizing Main Area of Our Home

Category home & garage organization

Thank you so much for selecting us for your organizing needs. I’m so glad that we were able to help you and your wife reach towards your goals by providing good results with our service. Taking the time to write of your pleased experience is greatly appreciated. We look forward to further assisting you.

10/27/2018

Went well. Team was flexible to meet my needs as had less than a week to prepare place. Organizer was attuned to my fatigue as time went on and guided her assistants to save questions and go through her.

Description of Work
Packing to stage home for selling

Category moving companies,home & garage organization

Thanks for sharing. I’m glad that we were able to come together as a team to fulfill your needs and goals.

09/25/2018

My mother was going to skip decorating for Christmas for the first time following the loss of her soulmate of 55 years, my father. Not knowing this was a service she even offered, I asked Raquel to help my mother through this difficult time. Raquel visited with my mother and went well beyond decorating, she counseled, consoled, and listened. Turns out, that was what my mom needed. I now understand that many of our idiosyncrasies are rooted in our psyche and helping someone "organizing" is also about providing some counseling to identify behaviors or feelings that caused our disheveledness in the first place. Raquel's ability to work with people's underlying issues redefines the organizing industry and sets a new standard of excellence. Thank-you for your help and support, I will gladly hire you again... I need help me organizing my files! I have too many and I can't seem to throw anything out! When can you schedule some time to attack this problem with me?

Description of Work
Organizing and Decorating

Category home & garage organization

It was a pleasure helping your mom get through the holidays. We look forward to assisting you with your overall paper management needs.

09/22/2018

No matter how bad you think your place may look, my condo probably looked worse until I met Raquel. She will listen to your needs and then create a foolproof plan that you and she will work on together to get all of the clutter out of your home and out of your life. Don’t expect Raquel to baby you; she will make you work hard to get the results that you want and she will always be there for you. You can finally be proud to show off your home again!

Description of Work
Organizing/Downsizing

Category home & garage organization

You have been a longtime client that has truly trusted me and the process. I look forward continuing to assist you reach your overall goals while being on an organizing maintenance plan.

09/22/2018

It went exceptionally well. Raquel was punctual, provided great tips/ suggestions, hours were flexible and she was extremely professional. I plan to rehire her to organize my garage, den and bedroom at my new home.

Description of Work
Organizing Bedroom, Office, Basement, Garage

Category home & garage organization

Thank you. I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with the provided service. I look forward to assisting you in your new home.,

09/21/2018

Raquel Grant, The Transitional Organizer, makes my life so much better by helping me keep my clutter under control. For me, that is no small feat. I have ADD which makes it very difficult for me to organize things and stay focused. I am also a constant clutterer. The clutter becomes so overwhelming it causes me anxiety when I look at it. That makes me not want to deal with it; and the problem gets worse. Raquel shows up ready to help me tackle my nemesis. Just seeing her causes my anxiety to reduce significantly because I know that we will accomplish a lot by the end of our appointment. By working together, she teaches me new and better ways to keep things under control myself. I am a work in progress. Raquel is always very respectful of my home and belongings. I feel very safe with her going through my things. I never feel pressured to get rid of anything. She never makes me feel embarrassed that I have this problem. She helps me stay focused on one project at a time. So, when our appointment is over, I can really see the difference. I feel a great sense of accomplishment that encourages me to work to keep it that way. I am so much more comfortable in my home because of Raquel. I have worked with her for quite a few years. I will continue to use her services and I highly recommend her!

Description of Work
Organizing

Category home & garage organization

You’ve been a longtime client of mine who recognizes the need of help to reach your home-life goals. Being on an Organizing maintenance plan has been best suited for you and it’s been my pleasure assisting you.

09/21/2018

She did a great job on overseeing the contract that she made sure that they did everything right and professionals she was very professional she kept me in touch on every Pond of fixing up my house for sale once it was finished she made sure that every little thing that the contractors Miss was taking care of she did a very very good job on that and I recommend her for any person that want to hire her for that type of job or any job

Description of Work
Overseas contractors on redoing my house

Category home & garage organization

In your absence while living out of state, being Project Manager, overseeing your second home and all of key players was beneficial that lead up to the sale. I was happy to have assisted you in alleviating some of the stress.

Closets/Pantries/ Kitchen/Bedrooms/Bathrooms/Family and Living Rooms/Play Rooms/Garage/Laundry Room/Family Command Center/Basement/Home Office/Light Cleaning, Dusting and Vacuuming/ Fold and Put Away Laundry/Paper Shredding (All Organizers have Criminal Background Checks)

We do not offer closet and shelving unit installs.

Visa, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Check, MasterCard, Financing