Cole Roof Systems Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since October 2006

Cole Roof Systems, Inc. has been in business 43 years. Professionalism, expertise and quality workmanship are our trademarks. Customer satisfaction is our goal. We provide estimates at no cost and strive to complete all work in a timely manner. We use only top quality exterior products and are licensed and insured. We serve the Northern Virginia and the Washington D.C. metro area....

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

roofing (110)skylight installation (16)chimney repair (4)roof cleaning (3)chimney cap repair (2)roof snow removal (1)gutter repair (18)woodworking (5)insulation (5)gutter cleaning (5)house painting (3)water damage restoration (1)

05/25/2022

Channing J.

Awful. Run in the opposite direction!

Description of Work
New Roof & Skylights

Work Completed On 05/25/2022

99% of the folks you deal with our wonderful people. She falls in the 1% who are not.

10/16/2020

Annette G.

Excellent. Sergio came out for the bid within 48 hours, was professional, & made sense about what needed to be done. I have an old slate roof that started to leak, & flashing needed replacement. He is articulate, doesn't oversell; I had confidence in him. What with all the rain we had in DC this Sept. 2020, and very high demand, he was able to get to me within about 2 weeks. He and his crew were efficient & careful (no damage to the yard or surrounding bushes). He even cut back a few branches that were too close to the roof. I highly recommend Cole Roofing! They did a great job and were reasonably priced.

Description of Work
Repaired my slate roof, and replaced flashing.

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

05/18/2020

Steven N.

I used a different company listed on Angie's List

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 05/17/2020

You didn't use us so why are you rating us??

03/21/2020

matilda M.

Excellent customer service. Responded same day. Did work the same day. No rain since work done so can't tell if problem resolved.

Description of Work
New flashing installed around drain pipe on roof. Roof shingles removed,new flashing installed, shingles reinstalled.

Work Completed On 03/06/2020

06/09/2019

ryan M.

Sergio and team provided a complete roof replacement for our condo building. The quality of the workmanship and actual roof seems to be good. They damaged 2 of the AC units (the pipes were completely broken) during the process, however, and left it up to the owners to realize that they were broken during the process and to go through the process of repairing them ourselves. The cost of those repairs were eventually deducted from the final payment after meeting with Sergio, reluctantly I would say (we had to show before/after pictures to get him to approve that) and only after getting them to come back out a month after completion. Our biggest complaint however, was the complete unprofessionalism and lack of communication from their office team during the whole process. We were never told exactly when the roofers would show up and when they were actually finished with the project. After they finished, we actually had to write to them over a month later to see if the job was actually done and to ask for the remaining invoice. The invoice was finally issued over 6 weeks later (with unexpected extra costs due to sheathing) and then we were harassed by their office manager to make payment right away. We had to explain that we were prepared to make payment for over 6 weeks but then having unexpected extra costs meant we had to collect the extra money from condo members, and if they would have simply communicated ANYTHING at all during that whole time then we could have had the extra money ready. I would not hire them again just based on the extremely poor experience of dealing with their office team and the billing process - all the members in our condo were also dismayed at their poor communication and professionalism throughout the process.

Description of Work
Complete Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 06/09/2019

03/25/2019

Alexan K.

Excellent job and ideal service. Everyone at Cole, from Sergio, to Linda, to the men who came out and did the installation work were outstanding to work with. I'd highly recommend to anyone.

Description of Work
Roof Repair

Work Completed On 02/20/2019

11/26/2018

Erik B.

Performed a full tear-off replacement of my gabled, asphalt shingle roof, including having to replace a substantial amount of the underlying sheathing. While getting a start date took longer than anticipated, that was mostly due to the weather. Otherwise, I was very happy with the work performed.

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

06/05/2018

Judith C.

This company was very responsive to my scheduling request and was able to give me an estimate quickly. The workmen came promptly first thing in the morning on the day we were scheduled and were professional and courteous. I was glad to have the chance to use a local company.

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning and window caulking

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

01/04/2018

Mike W.

Very well. Although competing work precluded the on time start, Cole did send a crew to patch a hole that squirrels were using as a freeway into my attic. Much appreciated! Once they started, the work was done very professionally and well. The outcome was great!

Description of Work
Rakeboard repair

Work Completed On 12/28/2017

11/28/2017

Matthew H.

Cole was very responsive to phone and email inquiries and arrived on time for the inspection and estimate. While I'd sent pictures from the inspection report, the estimator said he did not need to see the attic after finding the nail pop/hole in the exterior. They provided a quick estimate and they knew their stuff but my only complaint is that they did not take much time in the estimate. I went with another vendor who did go in to the attic and was able to point to specific areas where the plywood was damaged (torn or flexing) and should be replaced instead of just have new shingles put on bad wood. It rained the day following the second estimate and it was clear from the inside that the nail pop had caused greater issues not visible from the outside. I would definitely contact them again for future roofing needs as David and team were responsive and cost-concious, but would be very clear in insisting for a full inspection before the estimate.

Description of Work
Based on other reviews, we contract Cole to provide an estimate for roof repair. A home inspection had shown water damage, mold and possible wood rot in the attic due to an active leak.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

09/14/2017

Nicholas M.

It went very well. Sergio was punctual, efficient, and very professional at the initial inspection. He took several photos to show me the problems, as I did not go up on the roof with him. The work was completed in a timely manner. (The only slight hiccup was that Cole had to come back to take "after photos" that I had requested. That was done eventually, and Cole was very responsive during a busy time for them.) I would absolutely hire Cole again for any roof-related or water-damage issues.

Description of Work
We noticed water damage in our kitchen ceiling. Cole Roof quickly identified the issue - torn collars around the plumbing vents on our roof. (There are 2 because we have 2 plumbing lines/stacks.) Sergio also identified a damaged shingle, and he noticed that the gutters had excess debris. Cole installed new aluminum plumbing vent collars and new shingles where needed, and they cleaned the gutters.

Category gutter cleaning, roofing

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

08/04/2017

Josh S.

BOTTOM LINE: I strongly recommend you do not use this company. They did a bad job, don't return phone calls and don't follow through on deadlines that they provide. They offered a good price on my simple skylight replacement, but in the end, it was too much of a headache to be worth it, especially since they took 4.5 months. After some reflection, it's fair to say that this is one of the worst contractors I've worked with on my house. DETAILS: They came to install my skylight on two separate occasions and realized both times that they brought the wrong size window. They built a new skylight curb with 2 x 4s, but didn't seal the area around the skylight or paint the exposed 2 x4s which were visible from the inside. They came back and sealed the window, but brought the wrong paint. In all, it took them 4.5 months to pop off one skylight and install a new one. The most difficult part is that they kept giving me timelines and letting them pass, or promising to call and not calling. Sergio, in particular, would promise to check something and to call me back immediately. He never did. Contractors blow through deadlines and don't call back, I get it. But even acknowledging that room for error, this company was unprofessional and did a bad job.

Description of Work
Removed old skylight and installed a new skylight.

Work Completed On 08/04/2017

If you have 100 customers you will always have one who you wish you weren't dealing with. He was the one. If the skylight manufacturer doesn't send you the right special ordered skylight twice you can't do the skylight installation in a timely manner. We were promised skylight arrivals that the skylight manufacturer didn't follow through on. It is becoming almost impossible to find a skylight manufacturer who will deliver the correct skylight ordered and do it in a timely manner. It's frustrating to us and we have filed complaints with all the skylight manufacturer's we deal with but there has been little or no response from them. We will probably have to discontinue skylight installations unless things change.

06/15/2017

Daniel H.

It was a small outfit. They did a really good job. They are good. People talk about how good my roof is today. They are ok with supporting roof. They came a few days before the warranty ended, and wasn't the most helpful with that. I had questions. They claim they undercharged me, and wanted more payment. I had to compromise and pay them more. They did a good job. Some of their administrative is little weird. Thy did a good job. They hung in their. I had demands for heavy weight materials. They did a good job. I have never had any problems with leaks, except for problems with the hatch. Its not their roof, its water coming out of the hatch. They did a good job with the materials. It was a good price. I may have paid more. Twelve or thirteen grand. They use commercial grade materials, which are hard to apply. They did a good job. They are responsive. I was quoted the wrong price, and they up the price later. I was asking a lot. I negotiated the price. I had questions of the leaking, and it wasn't their roof, it was my roof. I guess it was the five year warranty. There was a minor discrepancy in the budget. Its a small business, and something like that can kill them. The guy did fix the hatch on the roof, and noticed a problem of water before the warranty expired. Everything was fine, and they did offer to fix the hatch. Its minor, compared to their excellent overall work.

Description of Work
They did the hatch and the roof.

Work Completed On 03/01/2012

06/12/2017

Terese J.

The experience was okay, but it was more than what I had budgeted for for my roof to get done, so I put that on the side for now because I have to save up some money. Their responsiveness was 100%. I don't believe I would use them again because of the price. But, I don't know, once I get the money together, I may call them.

Description of Work
I got a quote from them.

05/15/2017

Daniel S.

Went well. They did a very nice job.

Description of Work
Roof and Gutter Replacement, New Sky Light. They had good contact to put blown insulation in the attic as well.

Category insulation, roofing

Work Completed On 12/30/2015

03/31/2017

Graham G.

I don't know if I would use them again. I would have to find out who else is working in that space and get more quotes.

Description of Work
They installed a roof for me.

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

We have not done any work at this address.

03/13/2017

Susan H.

I love these guys! Cole Roofing is very professional, the crew came on time, worked quickly and cleaned up very well. I am an architect and very fussy - and they redid, without complaint or charge, a few spots that I pointed out. They have hired them to put a new TPO roof on my addition. I work directly with Sergio (cell: 703-615-1094).

Description of Work
Cole Roof Systems put down a flat TPO roof on my historic rowhouse in Capitol Hill DC, added gutters and trim and installed four skylights on curbing.

Category gutter repair, insulation, roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 01/11/2016

Review for Cole Roof Systems Inc - 605 Princess St., Alexandria, VA - 34610701

03/07/2017

Steve M.

Looks very nice and is a good price (very fair although not the cheapest out there). The workers were clean and professional. They had to return for some touch-up work. However, scheduling the work took a long time (6 weeks) although we were not in a hurry.

Description of Work
Skylight installation

Work Completed On 02/15/2017

Autumn K.

I would use Cole Roof Systems Inc again in the future.

Description of Work
Cole Roof Systems Inc replaced some slate tiles and some copper pieces on the roof.

Work Completed On 09/20/2012

Autumn K.

I would use Cole Roof Systems Inc again in the future.

Work Completed On 09/20/2014

Autumn K.

We keep going back to them. Cole Roof Systems Inc have become a trusted provider for us.

Description of Work
Cole Roof Systems Inc replaced the roof hatch that we have.

Work Completed On 06/20/2016

06/29/2016

David B.

Very satisfied with the service on a house we recently purchased -- first time someone was on the roof. Was given a two-hour window for the estimator to come, and he came about ten minutes into it. First for me: the estimator actually took pictures with his phone to show where there was damage, and also to show that the chimney cap was in good shape. He emailed an estimate a couple of hours later, and I scheduled the repairs for that weekend. Repairmen came on time and worked diligently. They needed one other additional piece of hardware, so they let me know they would return the next day to complete the work -- and they did. High quality, effective billing. Family-run business.

Description of Work
Inspect roof, prepare estimate, fix/replace damaged slate tiles, add missing snow guards, install missing flashing.

Work Completed On 04/18/2016